Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

DSS Is Recruiting (2016) - Jobs/Vacancies (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / DSS Is Recruiting (2016) (964894 Views)

DSS Recruitment / DSS Recruitment Nationwide / DSS Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (326) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by zanga3(f): 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
Prospective Detectives in da house. Has anyone gotten the call. Still hoping for the call here ooo.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
zanga3:
Prospective Detectives in da house.
Has anyone gotten the call.
Still hoping for the call here ooo.
are u still waiting cos detectives have move oo. Did u do documentation?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
Kaizer86:
are u still waiting cos detectives have move oo. Did u do documentation?
Is it possible for someone that did not do documentation, been called because he has a big Oga at the Abuja, I have someone who did not do documentation but was call for training
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by braveheart234(m): 6:18am On Nov 17, 2018
sampsonrichy:

Is it possible for someone that did not do documentation, been called because he has a big Oga at the Abuja, I have someone who did not do documentation but was call for training
It happens. I had a neighbor who never knew he was even going to be recruited. He traveled to Port Harcourt to hustle for a job but was suddenly contacted for camp which he knew nothing about. He thought that it was all a scam because he didn't even know about the recruitment but his uncle (back then a very strong politician in Abuja) called him after that and that was when he knew that the man had pushed buttons for his recruitment. He's currently an officer. This is a a fact.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jobalet: 8:45am On Nov 17, 2018
I was told only Detectives maybe called in this recruitment. Please let's confirm this.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2018
They will call us batch by batch.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2018
Ajasco12:
They will call us batch by batch.

Are u referring to cadets Pls?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 10:01am On Nov 17, 2018
Jobalet:
I was told only Detectives maybe called in this recruitment. Please let's confirm this.
Where did you get your information from?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jfkanweyest: 10:13am On Nov 17, 2018
Jobalet:

I don't think so.
According to the info I got.. every cadre would be called starting from guards to Detectives up to Cadets.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
So this recent development has a few cadets and aso worried.... Because it has already been a very long wait.. so why call up one cader and leave the rest... The exact question I asked... The genuine answer I got from my source was that if I remember 2016 when cadets and aso left for training, they didn't recruite for detectives... That's why the have been prioritized to move first... I still pressed after this long wait why not call all de caders at once it has been a very long long wait... Reason is the format of a had eaten recruitment money and the agency has to cut cost,the detectives are very lucky it's exactly 90 days to elections.. so they will spend 3months in camp.. and head off for i.t.. yes elections inclusive... Lucky them right.. so what's the plight of other caders ?? The remaining two caders are expensive to train and allowances will burden the agency.. at this point in time it's unknown if thier recruitment will be upheld even... Omo e don enter prayer and fasting oooo.. if they are not able to source out funds before December 15th..that page is closed... This was my convo wit a very top official.. meaning they will keep d retired men on wit contracts till de next recruitment in 2020. Except the presidency mks funds available the remaining caders wil be scrapped till d next batch of recruitement.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
braveheart234:

It happens. I had a neighbor who never knew he was even going to be recruited. He traveled to Port Harcourt to hustle for a job but was suddenly contacted for camp which he knew nothing about. He thought that it was all a scam because he didn't even know about the recruitment but his uncle (back then a very strong politician in Abuja) called him after that and that was when he knew that the man had pushed buttons for his recruitment. He's currently an officer. This is a a fact.
there was a time Dss recruited by watching you.. and hand picking u..ofcos someone high must recommend u.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
sampsonrichy:

it's best u hgo Tru d ground up.. a house that's not built from d foundation is always liking to fall or have issues.. I know an officer that entered service Tru godfada worked for years I mean 9years and he still got kicked out during one of thier re evaluation processes.. found out he was came in Tru back door.. the godfada wasn't serious anymore to cover him..
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by braveheart234(m): 2:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
Kaizer86:
there was a time Dss recruited by watching you.. and hand picking u..ofcos someone high must recommend u.
Yeah. This particular guy didn't even write exams or go for an interview. In fact, he didn't know about the recruitment not to even talk about going through any of the processes.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
Jfkanweyest:

I don't think so.
According to the info I got.. every cadre would be called starting from guards to Detectives up to Cadets.

I hope so oo
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
Kaizer86:
So this recent development has a few cadets and aso worried.... Because it has already been a very long wait.. so why call up one cader and leave the rest... The exact question I asked... The genuine answer I got from my source was that if I remember 2016 when cadets and aso left for training, they didn't recruite for detectives... That's why the have been prioritized to move first... I still pressed after this long wait why not call all de caders at once it has been a very long long wait... Reason is the format of a had eaten recruitment money and the agency has to cut cost,the detectives are very lucky it's exactly 90 days to elections.. so they will spend 3months in camp.. and head off for i.t.. yes elections inclusive... Lucky them right.. so what's the plight of other caders ?? The remaining two caders are expensive to train and allowances will burden the agency.. at this point in time it's unknown if thier recruitment will be upheld even... Omo e don enter prayer and fasting oooo.. if they are not able to source out funds before December 15th..that page is closed... This was my convo wit a very top official.. meaning they will keep d retired men on wit contracts till de next recruitment in 2020. Except the presidency mks funds available the remaining caders wil be scrapped till d next batch of recruitement.

Boss, ur info Dis tym is scary ooo shocked
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
Jobalet:
If fund is available by then

Dis fund Ehn..
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sleuthhound: 7:42am On Nov 18, 2018
S2Saidu:

Boss, ur info Dis tym is scary ooo shocked
bro, dem don warn guys b4, make dem find plan B in case... But some will still come here & give "assurance" lol
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by jameshow: 8:28am On Nov 18, 2018
sleuthhound:
bro, dem don warn guys b4, make dem find plan B in case... But some will still come here & give "assurance" lol

Mr May D this recruitment is still much on, what kaizer shared here isn't absolutely right. Moreover, who told you we have no plan B? You will soon be shocked.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 8:43am On Nov 18, 2018
that means after this long waiting the recuirtment will be cancelled, this our nigeria government are really fairlure
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by S2Saidu: 8:55am On Nov 18, 2018
jameshow:

Mr May D this recruitment is still much on, what kaizer shared here isn't absolutely right. Moreover, who told you we have no plan B? You will soon be shocked.

Na dat kind shock we dey expect oo grin
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2018
Pls report to the state HQ with immediate effect on or before 0:100 hours
Come prepared with the following..
1. Two pairs of white canvas
2. Two pairs of plain jeans
3. A strong black belt
4. Writing materials
5. White stocking
6. A pair of sports wear
7. White top n shorts
8. One mofty wear
9.original and photocopies of all essential credentials.
Congratulations..
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by MrSuama(m): 9:57am On Nov 18, 2018
Congratulations
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2018
sampsonrichy:
that means after this long waiting the recuirtment will be cancelled, this our nigeria government are really fairlure
recruitment is not cancelled oo. I just said a basic straight forward dicussion I had with a top source.. after all he is not dg. He only said his view from what he has experience and seen going on.. me myself I haven't given up yet... The stress, the wait,the Hussle was too real.. now it's to pray that things work out the way we want.. but for sure it's time to also explore other options... Cos in case of incasity next recruitment will be in 2020.. Dss recruite after two years..
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jayden12345: 10:43am On Nov 18, 2018
Kaizer86:
3. A strong black belt
4. Writing materials
5. White stocking
6. A pair of sports wear
7. White top n shorts
8. One mofty wear
Congratulations..

Kaiser please explain this.. have you received the invite?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sampsonrichy(m): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2018
Kaizer86:
3. A strong black belt
4. Writing materials
5. White stocking
6. A pair of sports wear
7. White top n shorts
8. One mofty wear
Congratulations..
please explain this message
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by sleuthhound: 11:55am On Nov 18, 2018
jameshow:

mr shoki! No wahala, mk we dey look hw u go dance am. Anyway hoping it ends positively!
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jayden12345: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrSuama:
Congratulations
Brother please enlighten us.. have cadets been called?
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jfkanweyest: 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2018
Kaizer86:
3. A strong black belt
4. Writing materials
5. White stocking
6. A pair of sports wear
7. White top n shorts
8. One mofty wear
Congratulations..

This is a sample message of how a call up message normally appears.
Cadets are yet to be called so y'all should chill.
The call up was to be done according to cadre
Between now and December a lot could happen as the agency is trying its best to meet up with the recruitment due to the fact that a lot of top men have people on the list and no one knows what could happen after the elections.
So fingers crossed and pray to be called up when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
sampsonrichy:

please explain this message
that message is a miracle message.. do u know there's something like standby list.. one of the propective detectives that was supposed to leave for camp happen to find him self in serious police wahala.. so they dropped him at d last minute and called up one of d guys I met during interview he was so happy he told me just dis morning after getting d message and has left for kaduna also.. lucky him huh...he didn't even expect it.
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
jameshow:

my gee I can't be 100 percent right o.because we all hope for the best but we should expect d worst.. do u know that in d history of Dss since it became Abit documented online that once a cader leave without Oda caders that's d end of recruitment that year.. if u doubt check from 2010 till date.. the year cadets left, detectives kept waiting and waiting till a new recruitment sprung up and that it, in2010 aso n detectives left without cadets and that was it. In 2012 it was hijacked by politicians,2014 same tin altho that was sorted out but did they revist d old recruitment list of awaiting candidates? nope..2016 we all know cadets left without detectives nd that was end of that, I stand to be corrected but am dropping facts,it's more or less feels like they prioritized the major spots d need to fill and work with that. Like I said I still believe and hope for d best but I'm also expecting d worst..
Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Jfkanweyest: 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
Kaizer86:
my gee I can't be 100 percent right o.because we all hope for the best but we should expect d worst.. do u know that in d history of Dss since it became Abit documented online that once a cader leave without Oda caders that's d end of recruitment that year.. if u doubt check from 2010 till date.. the year cadets left, detectives kept waiting and waiting till a new recruitment sprung up and that it, in2010 aso n detectives left without cadets and that was it. In 2012 it was hijacked by politicians,2014 same tin altho that was sorted out but did they revist d old recruitment list of awaiting candidates? nope..2016 we all know cadets left without detectives nd that was end of that, I stand to be corrected but am dropping facts,it's more or less feels like they prioritized the major spots d need to fill and work with that. Like I said I still believe and hope for d best but I'm also expecting d worst..

You're right on this..
But this year's recruitment is a very strategic one due to the fact that it comes before an election year. And most recruitments done before an election year are usually followed to the end so that those who it won't favour after the elections won't lose.
That was why a lot of people were weeded out of camp in 2015.

And a source told me it would be done according to cadre due to the funds issue but in the end everyone would be called before the year runs out.
So let's stay positive.

1 Like

Re: DSS Is Recruiting (2016) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2018
Jfkanweyest:

You're right on this..
But this year's recruitment is a very strategic one due to the fact that it comes before an election year. And most recruitments done before an election year are usually followed to the end so that those who it won't favour after the elections won't lose.
That was why a lot of people were weeded out of camp in 2015.

And a source told me it would be done according to cadre due to the funds issue but in the end everyone would be called before the year runs out.
So let's stay positive.
hope so too..

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (326) (Reply)

UBA Aptitude Test: What To Expect? / Sample Of Letter Of Application / Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.