Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend (2971 Views)

New Photos Of Couple Who Got Married After Initially Stuck In The Friendzone / Official Logo Of The Friendzone. Lol / 10 tips to escape the friendzone and get any girl of your dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by Smellymouth: 7:20am On Jan 23, 2016
Kaylexzy:
Chai!!!!

1 of our brothers has eaten Wat he wasn't supposed to eat... shocked

Otumokpo at work grin

Friendzone?

Seems he doesn't know d dreadful meaning behind dat name...

Wildflame, Obioraa, STFUareyouGod, beta Niggas in da building, help me explain better cry
U nor add Obontami? grin aka the serial fvcker
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by IamLEGEND1: 7:32am On Jan 23, 2016
wetin this one come dey yarn again?

if I headbut you eh!

Anybody modafucka in the friendzone is just a bítch-àss nígga who is either too scared to move on and look for another bítch to trip for
or too weak to move in and make that bítch swoon.

I can only pretend to be friends with a girl only if she ugly or flat-assed hoes.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by Smartguy001(m): 7:36am On Jan 23, 2016
Real men like us don't have time 4 dat shit...deal or no deal #TeamTakeIt grin
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by firstking01(m): 7:43am On Jan 23, 2016
@mr poster, it has never yielded any fruit being a nice guy to dem gals...

Secondly...i have no problem being in a free relationship with any gal...i think why guys run from the friendzone is that, most gals would like to always eat their cake and have it in the sense that, they know quite alright that the relationship is a no-strings attached relationship yet they'd be making demands asif you are the main boifrend undecided...now, this is where the problem lies, some of them would wanna take advantage of tour niceness to milk you you dry, is it fair??

1 Like

Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by firstking01(m): 7:45am On Jan 23, 2016

Secondly...i have no problem being in a free relationship with any gal...i think why guys run from the friendzone is that, most gals would like to always eat their cake and have it in the sense that, they know quite alright that the relationship is a no-strings attached relationship yet they'd be making demands asif you are the main boifrend undecided...now, this is where the problem lies, some of them would wanna take advantage of your niceness to milk you dry, is it fair??

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by GP2015(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2016
Feranchek:
Op, whatya gonna do in this situation? I met her online. Found out she stays in same hood (just 2 streets away). After months of knowing and LIKING each other, I asked her to be my girlfriend. She declined with the excuse of being in a relationship (though unsteady). She broke up with the dude finally. Months after that, I asked her again. She didn't accept, neither did she decline. I've done things for her back to back from buying a phone for her to giving her money at different times (even drove her to buy a special weavon she couldn't see around). Yet, no relationship. So I backed out a bit (iyalaya friend zone). Now she calls and complain about my lack of calls and care towards her. I'm kinda regretting 'abandoning' her (that's the word she used). Dyu think I should just forget bout the relationship and be her friend? I still like her though. Still wanna date her cos I'm single and got an eagle eyes towards gurls I wanna date.

Never spend on a girl more than you'd spend on an average girl just to entice her with money, it doesn't end well most times. if you're to spend on her, do it because you want to. if she Later agrees or she doesn't, you're still not losing.
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by GP2015(m): 9:16am On Jan 23, 2016
firstking01:

Secondly...i have no problem being in a free relationship with any gal...i think why guys run from the friendzone is that, most gals would like to always eat their cake and have it in the sense that, they know quite alright that the relationship is a no-strings attached relationship yet they'd be making demands asif you are the main boifrend undecided...now, this is where the problem lies, some of them would wanna take advantage of tour niceness to milk you you dry, is it fair??

that is When I'll say Move ON
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by GP2015(m): 9:18am On Jan 23, 2016
Smellymouth:
Who is dis woman wrapper? undecided

Seems like u ve bin friends zoned all ur life grin
Take it from me bro, no dude deserves that.. If a lady shows u signs, walk away!! My mum and sisters are all d friends I need.i don't need any lady crying to me for advice on how best to shag her bf undecided

oga must you date all the girls in your life?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by firstking01(m): 11:05am On Jan 23, 2016
GP2015:

that is When I'll say Move ON
kponkwem...anything other than what i wrote upthere is no friendzoning...i.e, if we remain strictly neutral with no benefits, then there's no friendzoning, but dem gals no go gree, once in a while u'd be hearing, ud, pls can u do me a favour undecided...they do this cos they know u love them, and that u can hardly say no.
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by Kaylexzy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Smellymouth:

U nor add Obontami? grin aka the serial fvcker

Lol...

Serial f***er bawo? shocked
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by Kaylexzy(m): 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
WiLdFLame:

wetin dey happen?

OP talk say Friendzone na good tin...
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by obontami: 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
GP2015:
Please pardon my write-up it might not properly be constructed but I'd be glad if my point is understood.
I have read a lot on this section about being friendzoned by girls and How painful it is to guys who would be said to be really in love with the said girl. I have taken time to read the reasons why guys talk about the friendzone as though it is hell fire, and most reasons base on the fact that
1. The girl refuses him sex
2. The girl refers to him as a brother
3. The girl does not act to make him feel like she's conscious of his feeling towards her.
4. The girl pushes him away When he starts getting all emotional and intimate .
I can understand that most times a guy is disappointed with the fact that the girl he loves has pushed him to this 'friendzone' , but that's because you have decided to see only the bad aspect.
My point:
Most friendships last more than relationships, you could be by her and she'd date and break up with 5 other guys, while you're still her friend , sex is not everything.
Some girls just want to talk to you about their boyfriends, their life in full, they want you to eat their food and make remarks without being biased, they want you to see them without make up, they want you to stay with them and just talk to them, they want you to gist with them while they help you or you help them do stuff . If a girl is 'pushing you to the friendzone', just love her as a friend/sister and be her friend too or just walk away if you want , you can't date every girl, you must be able to have friends without sex and intimacy.
Finally, whatever is yours will eventually get to you, if she keeps you in the friendzone and you're both meant for each other, she will date all the guys, tell you about their break up stories and you'll end up still marrying her.
This write up is not for the guys who will chop and run, this is for guys who have truly fallen in love and have been deprived of what they really expected in return aside SEX.
I'm up for corrections too, I'm human
what do you think?
Thank You.

Says who ??
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
ON behalf of every guy that has ever been friendzone in this life or the afterlife, i hear by declare you the winner of the friend zone department

1 Like

Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by olagbemi118(m): 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
I'll wait for her to date 5 boyz or even more then, she'll come back to me bcoz we r meant to be together... Wow... After those guys must have used her and eaten her to bone. I deserve someone better. Put me in the friend zone and I just walk away forever. Shikena

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by olagbemi118(m): 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] "Finally, whatever is yours will eventually get to you, if she keeps you in the friendzone and you're both meant for each other, she will date all the guys, tell you about their break up stories and you'll end up still marrying her."
You really must have a low self esteem to have said that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by GP2015(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
olagbemi118:
[color=#990000][/color] "Finally, whatever is yours will eventually get to you, if she keeps you in the friendzone and you're both meant for each other, she will date all the guys, tell you about their break up stories and you'll end up still marrying her."
oga, u no go read well post u go comment.
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by olagbemi118(m): 8:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
GP2015:

oga, u no go read well post u go comment.
and who told you I didn't read the post? I disagree totally with it and I do not think it is a crime
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
QueenValerie:
This is what I've been thinkin'.Nice Op.
We outta get the one who started this 'friend zone'mess,make em eat a lime with no sugar. grin

keep on decieving the op, being friendzoned is that bad
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
lilzcee:
keep on decieving the op, being friendzoned is that bad
Actually the man is enlightened.Learn from him wink
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by tony4u035(m): 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
I have a girl like, we'v bn frnds for 7yrs now n still intact! Av been thr wit her wen she's bn dating guys back to back. And d most amazing thin is dat she always get mad if we dnt communicate for a day, but she hardly gets pissed if her bf ignors and she always tell any guy she meets abt me, letting dem know dat nothing can seperate me n her yet na friendzone category I dey. And she really do care about me n trust me to d peak.. And as a guy man, sometime I really do feel like having d whole of her to myself.
GP2015:
Please pardon my write-up it might not properly be constructed but I'd be glad if my point is understood.
I have read a lot on this section about being friendzoned by girls and How painful it is to guys who would be said to be really in love with the said girl. I have taken time to read the reasons why guys talk about the friendzone as though it is hell fire, and most reasons base on the fact that
1. The girl refuses him sex
2. The girl refers to him as a brother
3. The girl does not act to make him feel like she's conscious of his feeling towards her.
4. The girl pushes him away When he starts getting all emotional and intimate .
I can understand that most times a guy is disappointed with the fact that the girl he loves has pushed him to this 'friendzone' , but that's because you have decided to see only the bad aspect.
My point:
Most friendships last more than relationships, you could be by her and she'd date and break up with 5 other guys, while you're still her friend , sex is not everything.
Some girls just want to talk to you about their boyfriends, their life in full, they want you to eat their food and make remarks without being biased, they want you to see them without make up, they want you to stay with them and just talk to them, they want you to gist with them while they help you or you help them do stuff . If a girl is 'pushing you to the friendzone', just love her as a friend/sister and be her friend too or just walk away if you want , you can't date every girl, you must be able to have friends without sex and intimacy.
Finally, whatever is yours will eventually get to you, if she keeps you in the friendzone and you're both meant for each other, she will date all the guys, tell you about their break up stories and you'll end up still marrying her.
This write up is not for the guys who will chop and run, this is for guys who have truly fallen in love and have been deprived of what they really expected in return aside SEX.
I'm up for corrections too, I'm human
what do you think?
Thank You.
Modified:
I have been attacked here because I said nothing is wrong in being just a friend to a girl.
Some say they cannot be friends with a girl without sex; which means every girl in their lives are gracing their bed. clap for yourself
If you are in a situation where a girl is takibg advantage of your love for her to try to exploit you of your money because she knows you love her and would want to please her, that's a different story, that's wickedness. I would always advice guys to spend on a girl what they would spend on an ordinary relative without expecting returns; spending so much with hope of enticing could fail at times.
Those saying I've been friendzoned all my life, I laugh. tongue
Any girl I meet for the first time, no matter how much I like her, I keep her as a friend and we get to know each other for a while. If there's need for us to date, and I know there's a green light, I go for it, If not I stay as a friend without spending(except when I want) or asking for sex. shikena!
PS: I don't do pre-marital sexual relationships. Thank YOU.
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by GP2015(m): 7:14am On Jan 24, 2016
tony4u035:
I have a girl like, we'v bn frnds for 7yrs now n still intact! Av been thr wit her wen she's bn dating guys back to back. And d most amazing thin is dat she always get mad if we dnt communicate for a day, but she hardly gets pissed if her bf ignors and she always tell any guy she meets abt me, letting dem know dat nothing can seperate me n her yet na friendzone category I dey. And she really do care about me n trust me to d peak.. And as a guy man, sometime I really do feel like having d whole of her to myself.

that's because of the attention you're receiving. That's what friendship is. . no be all these guys wey de find honey pot
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by IghravweIG(m): 9:54am On Jan 24, 2016
Smellymouth:

Take it from me bro, no dude deserves that.. If a lady shows u signs, walk away!! My mum and sisters are all d friends I need.i don't need any lady crying to me for advice on how best to shag her bf undecided
Lwkm
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by GP2015(m): 2:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Smellymouth:

what lady exactly? a girl who wants to be your friend
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by Smellymouth: 2:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
GP2015:

what lady exactly? a girl who wants to be your friend
Meaning
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by GP2015(m): 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Smellymouth:

Meaning

you said if a lady starts showing signs, what signs did I Mention other than being friends? besides does that mean that aside your mum, you shag all other girls in your life?
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by tony4u035(m): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Who come tell u say I dey forbid d honey pot?...
GP2015:

that's because of the attention you're receiving. That's what friendship is. . no be all these guys wey de find honey pot
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by doveda: 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Feranchek:
Op, whatya gonna do in this situation? I met her online. Found out she stays in same hood (just 2 streets away). After months of knowing and LIKING each other, I asked her to be my girlfriend. She declined with the excuse of being in a relationship (though unsteady). She broke up with the dude finally. Months after that, I asked her again. She didn't accept, neither did she decline. I've done things for her back to back from buying a phone for her to giving her money at different times (even drove her to buy a special weavon she couldn't see around). Yet, no relationship. So I backed out a bit (iyalaya friend zone). Now she calls and complain about my lack of calls and care towards her. I'm kinda regretting 'abandoning' her (that's the word she used). Dyu think I should just forget bout the relationship and be her friend? I still like her though. Still wanna date her cos I'm single and got an eagle eyes towards gurls I wanna date.

Are you telling me that she hadn't gone out of her way to help you?
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by doveda: 9:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
olagbemi118:
[color=#990000][/color]
"Finally, whatever is yours will eventually get to
you, if she keeps you in the friendzone and
you're both meant for each other, she will date
all the guys, tell you about their break up stories
and you'll end up still marrying her."

You have a really low self esteem
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by GP2015(m): 8:08am On Jan 25, 2016
doveda:

You have a really low self esteem
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by Feranchek(m): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
doveda:

Are you telling me that she hadn't gone out of her way to help you?

Omo mehn.....
Re: Debunking The 'friendzone Is Bad' Trend by fejikudz(m): 12:26pm On Jan 25, 2016
Smellymouth:

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / 25 Stunning Photos Of Sunsets In Metropolises / Are There Still Good Men Out There..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.