Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians (40570 Views)

The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians / Lebanese Female Police Officers In Mini-Shorts To Attract Tourists (Photos) / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by Thatitan234(m): 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
I smell the money factor... and I think foreigners tend to be less disturbing and will take good care of the house.

1 Like

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by Meriekriss: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
czaratwork:
You travelled out for 15yrs and you are coming back to be a tenant. Dem do you for village?
Lol...

1 Like

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by redcliff: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
czaratwork:
You travelled out for 15yrs and you are coming back to be a tenant. Dem do you for village?

you dont know anything. belie that!

2 Likes

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by Cholls(m): 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
My brother what are you saying sef. Are you telling me there are more foreigners than nigerians in ilupeju?. Abeg abeg dont give people false information with your bitter experience.

1 Like

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by blogbrity: 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
Those wicked peeps.
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by Cholls(m): 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
My brother what are you saying sef. I you telling me there are more foreigners than nigerians in ilupeju?. Abeg abeg dont give people false information with your bitter experience.
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by coputa(m): 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=Anticabal post=42249009]I thought olanipekun was yoruba and owned lagos? Why are his yoruba landlord brothers discriminating against him? lolz[/quotey] young man your IQ is very low to say the least.

2 Likes

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lol black men discriminate among themselves too. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by coputa(m): 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
Anticabal:
I thought olanipekun was yoruba and owned lagos? Why are his yoruba landlord brothers discriminating against him? lolz
young dude, your IQ is abysmally low,to say the least

10 Likes

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by coputa(m): 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2016
we are in a capitalist economy,where you use what you have to acquire wealth and not to please your kith and kins.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by Fabulousfriday5: 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Emekamex:

Source-> http://www.punchng.com/lagos-community-where-landlords-prefer-indians-lebanese-to-nigerians/
In their country they enslave Nigerian
Right here in our home land they enslave us too. I don't blame them,the fault is from Ilupeju Landlord and our government.
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by coputa(m): 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
Cholls:
My brother what are you saying sef. Are you telling me there are more foreigners than nigerians in ilupeju?. Abeg abeg dont give people false information with your bitter experience.
he is saying that Indians and Lebanese live in choice and clean houses in illupeju,
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by Warlord3000(m): 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
Quite true I stay around Ilupeju palmgrove side..

And the number of Indian Lebanese and Chinese are getting alarming
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
Most blacks that resides in ilupeju are either landlords or housemaid who are working for the lebanese or Indians.Illupeju is called Indian community.Another factor is that they pay triple than the nigerian Tenants.The reason the can afford the high priced leased in ilupeju is because they are top executive in firms.
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by martineverest(m): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
U only see Indians in that area... The only black people u see there are security men(gate men)

3 Likes

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by lozanni(m): 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
I noticed this development, I thought the Indians and Lebanese had bought up all the houses in that beautiful neighbourhood.
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by obinto: 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
They come in. set up their industries and make tons of money but treat their indigenous workers as slaves. pay slave salaries and enforce strict segregational policies like different bathrooms,buses,breakrooms for nigerians and the "expatriates". In some cases even management level nigerians are not allowed access to those exclusive conveniences. They cheat the govt in tax payments by exagerating their payroll sizes. I worked for them. The biggest indian company in nigeria. Yet they are glorified and worshipped. Their fellow citizens from the southeast who just want to thrive are hated and threatened. Is their an end to the blackman's foolishness?

10 Likes

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
martineverest:
U only see Indians in that area... The only black people u see there are security men(gate men)
Mostly the abokiis.Indians and lebanese go for abo.ki security guards mainly because they are cheap laborers.Just give them the security post as their home and a kiosk and don't pay them salaries they are satisfy.And those ab.okis steals their diesel and sell at midnight.

2 Likes

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by sukkot: 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
He don't wanna rent the houses to Nigerians because the only Nigerians that wants to rent those houses are Yoruba.

I bet he will change his mind when an igbo guy offers him some cool cash.
You know we don't play around.

Especially those Anambra state boys, they will have 5 houses, four 2015 range Rover, 6 shops, 900 million in the bank and they will still tell you "We are just managing"
thats rubbish. my mother has 6 flats with all igbo tenants. they have refused to pay rent and dont want to vacate the premises lol. in fact because of this she has vowed never to get in the renting business again. she wants to sell all her houses. igbo boys have frustrated her.

not saying other tribes dont do this but i am specifically referring this post to you because of the bolded. everybody knows igbo tenants are trouble
grin

20 Likes

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by kachnov(m): 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
hmm
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by porka: 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
The Indian community wields enormous economic power in Nigeria.

They have their shrines all over.

Lagos State government has even set-up a CREMATION system (complete with laws and facilities) to take care of their dead; that happened when public opinion was overwhelmingly against such alien system.

If they could succeed with that then Olanipekun and others should know that they can't compete with them with their meager resources. People who can outspend the Indians have abandoned Ilupeju and have moved to Lekki-Magodo-Omole axis. Things might change when more and more Nigerians are empowered economically.

That's not our 'priority' now. We want to concentrate on the 'looters' first. When we have 'jailed' them, we might then face the economy.

8 Likes

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by olulodun: 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
foreigners are law abiding
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by softvio(m): 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
mccoy47:

grin grin grin grin
lol danbrowndmf see
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by softvio(m): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
mccoy47:

grin grin grin grin
lol danbrowndmf see
Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by sukkot: 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
czaratwork:
yeah there is money to be picked on the streets of abroad and every 10 million plus people who traveled abroad returned home without renting again. dumbass

now me myself i know many travel abroad and return home to rent. that i have no problem with at all. what i have a problem with is those who travel abroad for X amount of years and then return to Nigeria to look for work. like wtf ? all the expertise you gathered over there you cannot open your own small business or create your own lane ? like i never understand people who leave abroad to come and start looking for job in naija. now thats a problem. but leaving abroad to come and rent in naija is very common. even the very rich do it. i have several rich uncles who leave abroad to come and rent in naija.

7 Likes

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by sweetgala(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
redcliff:

you dont know anything. belie that!

Leave am, he thinks people pluck money on trees in Europe. Outside a good education, a decent job Europe has no promise for you unless you are a runs guy.

You collect salary, you will spend it all on bills etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by blessedfavoured: 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
czaratwork:

how does this make sense? you think it's everybody that can live in all these new areas springing up in lagos (sangotedo, ogombo, arepo ikorodu mowe .. catch your sub)
Do you know how much it costs to buy a house in old Lagos? getting a land to build on is out of it, because even the few available are outrageous.
the guy might have a house in ajah, sangotedo et all that he put up for rent, but he simply cannot live there. he'd rather rent in places like gbagada, ilupeju, yaba, obanikoro etc...

He could also own homes abroad, mortgaged or otherwise, that he let out; the proceeds from the rent will pay his rent in naija easily.

God knows i can't live anywhere outside - yaba, surulere, gbagada, obanikoro, ogudu, omole, maryland(even this one self... last option) For island.. only lekki phase 1, and maybe ikate elegushi is worth it. anything after 4th roundabout - NO !

1 Like

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by waveskaaya(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
well dont Blame them cus most Nigerians after paying rent for the first year and to pay the next rent will be war.it will only takes God's intervention to chase such tenants out..

1 Like

Re: Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians by sukkot: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
but you know, this fall in gas price to like 25 dollars a barrel is a blessing in disguise. they say nigeria produces 3 million barrels a day so meaning the whole country of 180 million people only makes about 80 million dollars a day. now you have to know all these lebanese and indians are vultures who have come to feed on the carcass of the dead. when oil was 140 dollars a barrel all these foreign vultures descended on nigeria. now that oil is going out of style watch all these lebanese and chinese start slowly trickling back and returning to their own country because there is no more money in nigeria. so it is a blessing in disguise. any opinions on this post is welcome

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / Man Attempting To Cross Into Italy By Sea From Libya Changes His Mind (Video) / Kano Kofar Ruwa Underpass Completed, Ready For Launching (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.