Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? (32878 Views)

Share The Most Emotional Songs You Ever Heard. / Top 5 Songs You Are Currently Vibing To / Top 20 Songs You Must Have On Your Playlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 8:21am On Jan 24, 2016
usmanbaba:
Rihana -stay
Trey songs -heart attack
August alsina -benediction
Ray J- one wish
Yahweh-chris morgan( I love the rhythm of this song despite the fact that am a devoted muslim)

"Heart attack" ranks as my favourite Trey Songz ballad. Used to be "Gotta make it" from his first Lp which by the way ranks as my second. Dope song.

"Benediction" is on replay on my play list. It mirrors the struggle of a soul seeking for answers. His new album (This Thing CalledLife) by the way is totally dedicated to this same theme-introspection. Just a sprinkling of lewd or gangsta croons. 98% of the songs in the album was about his quest for enlightenment and purpose. Do check it out.

You'd be doing well to also check out "Get out my brain"
Also by Alsina. Not in his two efforts though, released independently before he blew.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by AIZubair(m): 8:23am On Jan 24, 2016
yorex2011:
Yanni collection... Favourite album being ethnicity..
Coldplay - fix you, scientist, talk, cemeteries of london, death and all his friends, green eyes, etc
Kenny G collection

Worthy mentions
Lighthouse family : greatest hits collection
Phil Collins platinum collection
we're so on the same page
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by octopusfreaky(f): 8:25am On Jan 24, 2016
Don moen
Dolly parton
Fuse ODG
Rick ross
Rihanna
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by Curare: 8:26am On Jan 24, 2016
Amanda Ghost - Cellophane

Emika - Wicked game

Klas Wahlstedt, Per Blomqvist - All we ever wanted

Annie Lennox - Don't let it bring you down

U2 - Ordinary love

London Grammar - Wasting my young years

Ed Sheeran, Rudimental - Bloodstream

Florence + The Machine - Seven devils

Devandra Barnhart - Won't you come home

The Horrors - Still life

Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 8:26am On Jan 24, 2016
Classicman47:
But wait o, bro u mean u don't have any favorite music of ur own?
What then makes u think u would like these songs simply because others like 'em?*just wondering*
Well anywhere, some folks have given very nice tips. Let me add a few.
1. Try Don Moen(if ur a xtian. I love d track "saviour king"wink
2.Enya(her songs are specifically made to change ur mood; to relax u)
3.Yanni,Kenny G etc(these are "jazz music"wink
4.Celine Dion platinum collection
5.Michael Bolton
6.Phil Collins
7.LightHouse Family
8.R. Kelly...TP-2.com album specifically(all time BEST from Kells!)
9.Maybe a little bit of Joe.
10.Any soft rock collection.
11.Simon Webbe...sanctuary album(this one is for my personal listening pleasure, u may not like it)
Notice I didn't include any Nigerian artist in my playlist. Well dats because a vast majority of 'em just make a lot of noise.
Hope u find some relaxation in all this. One lv

Simon Webbe is worthy of mention in this list of yours. Do check out " Grace" and you'll know what is it to really feel 'grace' on your life.

Again, "After all this time" would be a nice song for the ladies to listen to. Maybe they can do sympathise with the song for what a lot of chaps are putting them through while they wonder why they still cling to his sorry ass!

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 8:28am On Jan 24, 2016
banmee:
Aaron hall "inside of you" album. I've had it for 15 years and i still can't let it go. That album is the shiit.

Miming "...all the places I'll kiss you, oh baby let me ...with all my love..."

Now that's music!

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by PoliticalThuG(m): 8:31am On Jan 24, 2016
Classicman47:
But wait o, bro u mean u don't have any favorite music of ur own?
What then makes u think u would like these songs simply because others like 'em?*just wondering*
Well anywhere, some folks have given very nice tips. Let me add a few.
1. Try Don Moen(if ur a xtian. I love d track "saviour king"wink
2.Enya(her songs are specifically made to change ur mood; to relax u)
3.Yanni,Kenny G etc(these are "jazz music"wink
4.Celine Dion platinum collection
5.Michael Bolton
6.Phil Collins
7.LightHouse Family
8.R. Kelly...TP-2.com album specifically(all time BEST from Kells!)
9.Maybe a little bit of Joe.
10.Any soft rock collection.
11.Simon Webbe...sanctuary album(this one is for my personal listening pleasure, u may not like it)
Notice I didn't include any Nigerian artist in my playlist. Well dats because a vast majority of 'em just make a lot of noise.
Hope u find some relaxation in all this. One lv
i got tired listening to naija noisy music thats why i requested foreign cool songs.. I got some tho, like Don moen, sam smith, michael jackson, kenny g etc..

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by sacora(f): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2016
CharlyNick:

YES she is. I think [Jazz Music] or so
only time....my fav enya song
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by Chrisdmeek(m): 8:46am On Jan 24, 2016
Nsonaso:

Add to your Enya Bro

-The Celts
-Hope Has A Place
-Marble Hills
-Storms In Africa
-Once You Had Gold

carefully selected for you ( you gonna love 'em)

Thanks bruh, I have the others tho except Marble hills, i' ll surely check em out. Nice to see others in my kinda clique cool cool
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by RGem(f): 8:47am On Jan 24, 2016
Carrie underwood
John mayer
Owl city
Kelsea ballerini
Plain white's
Lady Antebellum
Dido
One direction
5 seconds of summer
Adele
Avicii
Hill song
Casting crowns
Mark schultz
Colbie calliat
Cold play
Daughtry
Damita
Ed sheeran
Hunter hayes
Jordin sparks
Maroon 5
Rachel platten
Sam hunt
Sam smith
Phyno
Dare
Taylor swift
Avril lavigne
Natasha beddingfield
James blunt
Jason derulo
Michael bubble
Sauti sol
Miranda lambert

Some of my favourite artists
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by Chrisdmeek(m): 8:51am On Jan 24, 2016
4C2215131:

Lana del Ray...hmmm, not so so for me...

Wow, found out about her when I was digging for samples. I've sampled a couple of her songs since.

I guess diff strokes......... smiley
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by mysteriousman(m): 8:52am On Jan 24, 2016
Trey song's songs, j holiday, neyo
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by Dindondin(m): 8:55am On Jan 24, 2016
CharlyNick:

We're on same page here... Yes I love her songs
that girl that sings like someone that's possessed!

Me, I listen to CAC Oke Agbara Iyanju, Amazing Grace Assembly, Divine Success Terbanacle.
Their virgin voice is sweet
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by Prinz15(m): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2016
Asa collection all d way
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by arcnomec(m): 8:59am On Jan 24, 2016
Toks2008:
Classics of luther vandrous,elton john and michael bolton.

You and I are on the same page..........Bolton ,my main man

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by Jeffy1206(m): 9:02am On Jan 24, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
pls cud u list some of her songs u cherish so much?

May it be,

Horizon,

Lazy days,

Book of days

Angeles

I want tomorrow ( my fav)

Only time

Carribean blue

Exile

Moment of peace. .. Etc. You will definitely sleep like a baby sad
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 9:03am On Jan 24, 2016
Classicman47:

Never heard of this one before. NEW AGE? Oh well...datz kul.
Mehn ur playlist no be here o. All these last artists sound like french to me...except lana del ray.

New Age is a genre that sprang out of the New Age movement. The songs are mostly instrumental with chorused verses and/or simple lyrics thrown in. It is a genre that emphasizes the arrangement of instruments in such a way that it calms the nerves and can even lead to experiencing alternate reality in some.

It has been linked to the occult by more conservative members of the clergy (not surprising as it has a lot of Eastern, native American and European folk music elements infused into its composition) who feel that any thing that supports eastern, native American, native European outlook on religion is of the devil.

In all, it is a very beautiful genre of music. Do check out artistes such as :

Enigma ( they gave New Age much of the popular acceptance it has today with their first album containing the classic 'Sadness" doing over 12 million copies worldwide and the subsequent "The Cross of Changes" outstripping the former. Though recently, they are more trance, technology, deep house and such).

Deep Forest ( check out "Sweet Lullaby"wink

Enya (check out " Gladiator"wink

Clannad ( Enya's family by blood. She broke out from here. Check out "Caide sin don te Sin"wink

Oliver Shanti (check out "Sacral Nirvana"wink

After Life (check out " Take me inside"wink

B Trybe ( check out "Hablando"wink

Chris de Burg (check out " When winter comes"wink

Art of Noise (check out " Moments in love"wink

Schiller (check out "Nachtflug)

Spiritus ( check out " I want to know what love is"wink

Buddha Bar (from Vol I-XV. of worthy mention are; "Conquest of paradise by Vangelis, "Gabriel' by Lamb and "Hibernaculum" by Mike Oldfield).

Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Christos (check out ' Media vita in morte sumus"wink.

Gregorian X (check out "Illuminati)

Other notable artistes include Yanni, Era, Gregorian, Medwyn Goodall, Alexandrov Ensemble, Auscultate, Cardinals, David Visan, etc

Do explore this genre of music, with the artistes I highlighted, you'll find plenty more if you follow the trail.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by edeja1: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2016
all of me----john legend
hello--------adelle
bryan adams---straight from the heart
red red wine----UB40 etc
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 9:11am On Jan 24, 2016
Cestmoi1:
I have a list of some cool songs i just fell in love with.....
Alessia Cara- Here
Alex and Sierra- Little do you know
Becky g- Shower
Big daddy weave- My story
Laura Story- Blessings
Cam- Burning house
Carrie Underwood- Heartbeat
Carrie Underwood- Smoke break
Celine dion ft Andre Bocelli- The prayer
Daughter- Medicine
Daya- Hide away
Ellie Goulding- On my mind
Hailee Stenfield- Love myself
Francesca Battistelli- Holy spirit
Jana Kramer- I got the boy
Justin Bierber- Sorry
Kelsea Ballerini- Dibs and love me like you mean it
Lauren Daigle- Trust in you
Marren Morris- My church
Meredith Andrews- Soar
Miranda Lambert- Baggage claim and Bring me down and More like her
Natasha Bedingfield- Unwritten
Philips philips- Gone gone gone
Phil Wickham- This is amazing
Rachel Platten- Stand by you
Sara Bareilles- Brave
Shawn Mendes- Stitches
Tori Kelly- Hollow
Tove lo- Habits
Zara Larsson- Lush life

NB- These are songs by divas (most),don't know if you'll like them.I listen to Pop/Country/Gospel music.Download all from.....www.tubidy.mobi

cc @politicalthug

Do check out Phillips' "Reason to believe". The best remake of an evergreen classic!
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by fabulousbrainzz(m): 9:12am On Jan 24, 2016
Taylor Swift
EmmyDe25:

Fav artiste since 08
same page bro
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 9:16am On Jan 24, 2016
chygoz3:
Enya
-China roses
-Flora's secret
-Fallen embers
-Paint the sky with stars
-Pilgrim
-Book of days
-May it be
-Only time

Yanni
Countless of them. Let me just mention a few
-The end of august
-Until the last moment
-In the mirror
-Reflections of passion
-Nightingale
-At first sight
-Tribute
-Face in the photograph
-To take, to hold
-Santorini
-Playing by heart
-A walk in the rain
-Felitsa
-Adagio in C minor
-Renegade
-O Luce Che Brilla Nell 'Oscurita

Cold play
-Magic
-Yellow
-Fix you
-What if
-Clocks
-In my place
-Speed of sound
-A sky full of stars
-Paradise

Hayley Westenra
-Dark waltz
-Both sides now
-Never say goodbye

Vanessa Carlton
-Sway
-Who's to say
-San Francisco
-Ordinary day
-This time

Others
-Yiruma - River flows in you
-Thirteen Senses - Into the fire
-Thirteen Senses - Answer
-Paramore - When it rains
-Evanescence-My immortal
-Hillsong - Oceans(Where feet may fail)

I think i should just stop here. I don't want to add classical artists like Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, etc.

Check out "The Dance" by Dave Koz and Bebe Winans. It sure floors any other rendition of the classic.

This one here should be between us. It's a song I prescribe only to the best of audiophiles and as such you must share it with no one else; "Adios Andalucia" by Eric Fernandez. Listen and your life shall never remain the same. Remember, keep it to yourself.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by yorex2011: 9:17am On Jan 24, 2016
zumarock9:

Bros I luv u
cheesy cheesy
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by EmmyDe25(m): 9:18am On Jan 24, 2016
R City Ft Adam Levine -Locked away
Sia- Alive
Becky G -Loving so hard
Chris Daughtry - Over you
Jason Walker - Down
Charlie Puth - Some typa love, one call away, nine track mind.
One republic- unkiss me
Taylor swift, wildest dream, everything has changed.
Westlife - Shadows, Heroes, When a woman loves a man, You must have had a broken heart.
Demi Lovato - Confidence.
Labrinth - Jealous
Sighs* cant believe i did this.
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 9:18am On Jan 24, 2016
TaiKuun:
Yanni - reason for rainbows look for songs by enya too. But songs like take me back to the rivers of belief, Mea Culpa, Silence must be heard, The snake and the river, by enigma are the best of all in my opinion

The snake and the woman you mean.
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by EmmyDe25(m): 9:19am On Jan 24, 2016
fabulousbrainzz:
Taylor Swift
Fav artiste since 08
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 9:22am On Jan 24, 2016
hiroz:
my fellow coldplay lover...that magic is a great track and you've listened to a sky full of stars...all their songs are just lovely

Cemeteries of London trumps all their other songs for me. Though, James Blunt is ascending that throne now in my heart. He's so inspirational!
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 24, 2016
Orlando owo - Logbalogba.
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 9:25am On Jan 24, 2016
noblemails:
Deliverance by Buba Sparxxx

That to me is Timbaland's best shot at production. Remember when the strings come up and then the bass hits with the..."I've been travelling for some time, with my fishing boat and my bottle of shine..." At that point there, I lose it!
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by ayokunmi123(m): 9:26am On Jan 24, 2016
Owl city collection
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 9:27am On Jan 24, 2016
ceeceeco:
Don Williams!

Naija girls will do well to listen to "Country Boy". Oh well, guess its be a waste of their time..
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by Hysmady(m): 9:27am On Jan 24, 2016
Big Sean - One man can change the world ft. Kanye west
Re: What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? by 4C2215131: 9:28am On Jan 24, 2016
mrDennis:
Lil Wayne - I feel Like dying , shoot me down , pray to the Lord

2pac - letter to my unborn child , changes , wonder why they call u b*tch?, wonder if heaven got a ghetto

Check out "Papaz Song". That man was a poet!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osinachi Nwachkwu Song Played To Evangelise In UK While Being Buried. Video. / Why A Record Label Should Never Be Blamed For A Musician's Down Fall / What Rick Ross’ “hold Me Back” Video Tells The World About Nigerians

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.