Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation (22249 Views)

Edgal Imohimi And Ali Janga's Ranks Reverted By Police Service Commission / Death Sentences: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In The World After China – Amnesty Int. / Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation [see Full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by thelastgenius: 1:09am On Jan 24, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I saw the sarcasm..... Mine was anti-sarcastic.

*smiles.

Oh, Cool.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by bashdawodu: 1:23am On Jan 24, 2016
These international rankings are good in the sense of presenting a reality check to Nigerians especially some people who out of sentiment tend to find no fault in the previous administration and persistently critical of the Buhari government that is trying to change these poor indices.The hope of the average Nigerian is that the president remains resolute and focussed and we will all be better off.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by davidif: 1:51am On Jan 24, 2016
57th best country? shocked shocked shocked who came up with this list?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by diva90: 2:00am On Jan 24, 2016
Is nigeria better than Ghana?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by Godsonkemz(m): 2:20am On Jan 24, 2016
In a country where power is recycled in the hands of the few oligarchs could still maintain such position means something else...
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by mytee2325: 3:10am On Jan 24, 2016
Best from which position sef? Gud or bad?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by tsdarkside(m): 4:40am On Jan 24, 2016
ipledge10:
I don't understand what that means...can someone please explain

white-brain-washing...didnt you noticed that all countries they mentioned,have white-people in it....??..

nigeria is complety a black-nation...

do you realy think,you would make well in that their shiity list??...

never!!!...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by MicroIce(m): 4:43am On Jan 24, 2016
why wont we be 57?, when globalisation has eaten us up to the bare end.. the world bank and imf, wud b advising our leaders to borrow money so as to develop d country, our leaders too will borrow it, loot and personalise it making d service of these debts practically impossible.. these same imf n world bank would increase their interest rate when there is crisis, advising our leaders to enable (structural adjustment programme) sap, so as to sap d people by removal of subsidy from subsidized goods and services.. killi.ng us gradually these westerners have been exploiting us
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by kobonaire(m): 4:48am On Jan 24, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
..... Of course, Nigeria is corrupt but please tell me any country that lacks it. Even the U.S. Should score 10/10 in corruption..... Hey, I'm a scholar at one of their institutions but this is the truth.....
Anyway, The U.S are still the world power with U.K. As their strongest ally but Corruption is deepseated in the U.S. in a manner the general public or eyes of the world cannot detect. #fact
Corruption has levels and while the US is certainly not the least corrupt, it is NOT as corrupt as you portray it : http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by Smitsam: 5:42am On Jan 24, 2016
princesuko:
Considering the ''Giant of Africa" status this aint a Good Result...

But since we are just getting our feet back into GOOD LEADERSHIP its a improvement.

But 10/10 in corruption with all our efforts shocked undecided
pls don't forget to also improve in ur English as Nigeria is improving.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by happney65: 6:12am On Jan 24, 2016
politricks:
If not for corruption Nigeria shouldn't have been so low- even behind a recently war torn egypt. By the end of buhari's tenure we should be the first in Africa. Wait a minute, where is our neighbour ghana- Oh! I forgot, supplementary list would soon be out.

And which War did Egypt fight ohh?Hiannnn?Do they have BH?Nooo..So what are you saying?Ohh sorry I forgot u are a Mr Bubu Fan who believes its all about Mr Bubu the Magician that wld turn Naija all around within 24Hours..Shiorr
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by Rinato(m): 6:15am On Jan 24, 2016
belamour:
On What Statistics ?

Sustainability

Adventure

Cultural influence

Entrepreneurship

Economic influence.

What About Terrorism N Corruption
its best countries compilation not corrupt countries compilation bro. And when you talk of corruption there is no SAINT of a country.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by MrAJQ(m): 6:18am On Jan 24, 2016
ipledge10:
CHAI! Simple English
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by poseidon12: 7:05am On Jan 24, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
US news and World report huh?

Well, I trust their academic rankings and some others BUT THIS IS NONSENSE.

Based on what exactly?

Of course, Nigeria is corrupt but please tell me any country that lacks it. Even the U.S. Should score 10/10 in corruption..... Hey, I'm a scholar at one of their institutions but this is the truth.

Anyway, The U.S are still the world power with U.K. As their strongest ally but Corruption is deepseated in the U.S. in a manner the general public or eyes of the world cannot detect. #fact

If you will score US 10/10 on corruption like Nigeria, then I very much doubt that you are a scholar in one of their institutions as you claim.
In Nigeria corruption has become interwoven with our culture. It is part of life here. In fact, you will find it almost impossible to live in Nigeria if you decide not to get involved in one corrupt act or the other.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by kenyguy(m): 7:09am On Jan 24, 2016
Any how, there is Hope.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 24, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Sir, I'm afraid it's not 57 out of 60 BUT 57 out of over 200 countries.

The article says " 60 best countries in the world" meaning nations outside the best 60 were also ranked.

There are just about 196 countries in the world, where is your "over 200..." coming from?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by Smellymouth: 7:12am On Jan 24, 2016
57??
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by Cynosure04: 7:15am On Jan 24, 2016
We r comin up
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by HaneefahRN(f): 7:16am On Jan 24, 2016
ipledge10:
I think it meant Nigerian's aren't considered trustworthy
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by natedroid: 7:23am On Jan 24, 2016
Nigeria' s GDP per income is about $2000 (still doubts it) and not $6031.

I have no idea where this new figure is gotten.

The monthly income of More than 60% of Nigerians falls below 100,000 naira so how did this guys derive a GDP of $6031?

This was thesame way we were deceived last year that Nigeria emerged as African largest economy. These data may hold true for Nigeria but not for Nigerians because we are not feeling it.

wait........The last time I heard .....Nigeria is even broke.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by Raydos: 7:47am On Jan 24, 2016
The Giant Of Africa Has Now Become The Dwarf Of Africa Okay Ooooh angryangryangry
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by ayindejimmy(m): 7:51am On Jan 24, 2016
author=Ekenedirichukwu post=42267508]As a form Master, my comment for a student whose position is 57 out of 60 is 'wake up from your slumber!'[/quote]
I see you have problem comprehending this parts of the article. What it means is out of all the countries in the world only 60 gathered enough points to make the ranking list.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by ernecy(m): 7:52am On Jan 24, 2016
politricks:
If not for corruption Nigeria shouldn't have been so low- even behind a recently war torn egypt. By the end of buhari's tenure we should be the first in Africa. Wait a minute, where is our neighbour ghana- Oh! I forgot, supplementary list would soon be out.
lol..abeg leave Ghana o, do u know that they have the most corrupt Judges in West Africa according to a documentary by Aljazeera.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by omolola15(m): 8:01am On Jan 24, 2016
happney65:

And which War did Egypt fight ohh?Hiannnn?Do they have BH?Nooo..So what are you saying?Ohh sorry I forgot u are a Mr Bubu Fan who believes its all about Mr Bubu the Magician that wld turn Naija all around within 24Hours..Shiorr

Na when you go get sense self? Did he say 24hrs ?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by politricks: 8:11am On Jan 24, 2016
happney65:

I was talking of the uprising of 2011 and dont forget that just as we are facing BH, they are also battling ISIS. 4 to 8 years is much more than 24hours
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by Gold2251: 8:13am On Jan 24, 2016
Etizz:
Are we supposed to sheer dem up or cry?
I tire fa
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by Gold2251: 8:17am On Jan 24, 2016
9aija go beta
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:19am On Jan 24, 2016
Add Countries' external territories, Islands, partially disputed countries and more.

You'll find there are a little over 200.... Close to 257 sef. You can Google it

The 196-197 nations you speak of refer to the ones globally recognized.

Teaser: ever counted the number of nations that march pass the world audience at the olympics?

#smiles

stolid:

There are just about 196 countries in the world, where is your "over 200..." coming from?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by happney65: 8:22am On Jan 24, 2016
politricks:
I was talking of the uprising of 2011 and dont forget that just as we are facing BH, they are also battling ISIS. 4 to 8 years is much more than 24hours

Bros,Egypt has no problem with ISIS..Maybe you should check those countries with ISIS..Mr Bubu can't change Nada about our Economy.As he is making it worst than he meet it...I wish Nigeria the Best
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by WaffenSS(m): 8:23am On Jan 24, 2016
belamour:
On What Statistics ?

Sustainability

Adventure

Cultural influence

Entrepreneurship

Economic influence.

What About Terrorism N Corruption

The much talked about terrorism had always been confined to about 2 or 3 states.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation by happney65: 8:25am On Jan 24, 2016
omolola15:

Na when you go get sense self? Did he say 24hrs ?

Thunder fire you..He was talking as if Naija go change within 24Hours with Mr Bubu..The Man that is making Naija worse than he meet it..Bunch of propangandists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nwanneka Ekweremadu Celebrates Her 50th Birthday In Enugu (Photos) / Early Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Imo State / Enrol Your Children In Schools Or Go To Jail – Senate Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.