Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" (29089 Views)

Police Arrest 59 IPOB Members In Abia, Say Members Will Be Tried As Terrorists / Will Col. Sambo Dasuki Be Granted Honour Of Burying His Father? / When Buhari Suddenly Realised That Dasuki Sponsored His Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by emperorchedda(m): 7:54am On Jan 24, 2016
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by goodlifehyd(m): 7:56am On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:
Of course they got something to hide and that's why they're opting for a secret trial.
Metuh or whatever his name is refused to say what job he did for GEJ that had to cost the nation 400M he and his fellow EKPAs kept screaming court court!!! He was taken to the court yet no one heard what job don Fortunato paid him 400M for. All this court trash is just to delay justice/ source for sympathy
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by 4C2215131: 7:57am On Jan 24, 2016
An open trial will be too messy. And scandalous. Too many complications may arise leading to more corruption matters hence they are averse to an open trial.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 24, 2016
Blackfire:
I notice one thing, when this govt start corruption case, in 1-2 weeks is like heaven will fall after that... Silence. Example Saraki , now dasuki.
Oga judge, Abeg give us open trial, all i know is that PDP na thieves, and APC wey want catch them na rogues.
And when a rogue join in the pursuit of a thief. He may be reminded of his dirty deeds
Just to complete your sentence. ..am out
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by neocortex: 8:00am On Jan 24, 2016
seunmsg:

The only reason FG wants a secret trial is to protect GEJ. Jonathan will be the major casualty of an open trial of Dasuki and that is what the FG is trying to avoid.

You mean Buhari is trying to protect the corrupt GEJ ?
That is pure injustice!

2 Likes

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 8:00am On Jan 24, 2016
Pidggin:
He will implicate some Saints, this is why they are against an open trial

Not necessarily!
No one kills a mosquito on his face with a sledge hammer talk less of killing one on the scrotum.

Dasuki is not an ordinary guy, he is a former National Security Adviser, meaning he has access to intelligence information that are termed "HIGHLY CLASSIFIED" and no nation on earth will trial such people in an open court!
No nation even tries former spies or intelligence agents in an open court, how much more the head of such agencies. It is the height of stupidity to expect a former NSA to be tried in an open court.

The aim should be that he is well represented by his choice of lawyers.

That Ben Bruce is a Senator and does not understand this fact, is a testament to how much bereft of basic leadership qualities the people that we have saddled with making laws for our country. This pronouncement by him, and that h even chose to broadcast it indicates how lacking in depth he is. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by ibrahimluka(m): 8:00am On Jan 24, 2016
Looks like obama but thinks like koro

Babyfaceafrica explain what you mean
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Wesely01(m): 8:01am On Jan 24, 2016
If the government is doing this for NIGERIANS just like they clam to be doing let them allow the trial to be open . Even during military regime trial of corrupt officer was done in the open. Meanwhile somewhere in North America GEJ is siping tea and you are talking about carrying him. Why u no go call ur village chief make all of una go bring am by force. So you think PMB can not be involved,at list Dansuki gave him 2 Suv jeep.

2 Likes

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by millhouse: 8:03am On Jan 24, 2016
Funny
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by ndcide(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2016
Those who insult GEJ everyday suddenly wants his protection. It doesn't add up.

4 Likes

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by chikids(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2016
Tallesty1:
Easy bro.......

Have you seen a cultured vulture in your life?
Hahahaha.... Abeg follow me ask am ooooo. People get mouth for this our dear country
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Candyrain(m): 8:07am On Jan 24, 2016
goodlifehyd:
Metuh or whatever his name is refused to say what job he did for GEJ that had to cost the nation 400M he and his fellow EKPAs kept screaming court court!!! He was taken to the court yet no one heard what job don Fortunato paid him 400M for. All this court trash is just to delay justice/ source for sympathy

So what are you advocating for? That the court be thrown out of the window because it didn't go as you want?
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Candyrain(m): 8:08am On Jan 24, 2016
allthingsgood:
[s][/s]

Nobody is opting for secret trial. Stop telling unnecessary lies, its sunday pls!

Abeg take this your excessive emotions away from my mention
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by olaolulazio(m): 8:11am On Jan 24, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Still laughing!
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 24, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

Stale......

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by cole265(m): 8:11am On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Trying dasuki secretly, will be doing your brother Goodluck Jonathan a big favor,
Sometimes I think comparing Ben Bruce to Obanikori is an insult to Obanikoro

Haaaa! My guy, you bad o...no bi small. Habaa!
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by ndcide(m): 8:11am On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

Not necessarily!
No one kills a mosquito on his face with a sledge hammer talk less of killing one on the scrotum.

Dasuki is not an ordinary guy, he is a former National Security Adviser, meaning he has access to intelligence information that are termed "HIGHLY CLASSIFIED" and no nation on earth will trial such people in an open court!
No nation even tries former spies or intelligence agents in an open court, how much more the head of such agencies. It is the height of stupidity to expect a former NSA to be tried in an open court.

That Ben Bruce is a Senator and does not understand this fact, is a testament to how much bereft of basic leadership qualities the people that we have saddled with making laws for our country. This pronouncement by him, and that h even chose to broadcast it indicates how lacking in depth he is. SMH

Juxtapose this your thought with the media crucifixion. What will be your honest reaction if you were dasuki. Honestly I mean.

2 Likes

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2016
cole265:

Haaaa! My guy, you bad o...no bi small. Habaa!

cool haba wetin I do baderly na. lipsrsealed
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Phonon: 8:14am On Jan 24, 2016
How would you try a former high-ranking member of Nigeria's security apparatus in open court? So State secrets should be flowing around in the course of his testimony. Journalists should be allowed into the secret trial and probably members of the opposition in the relevant Senate and House committees.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Zugydon: 8:14am On Jan 24, 2016
I suport oga bruce jare let them trail him openly even if he mention GEJ it is still war against corruption...and then they should trail GEJ also

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by bennychuks: 8:15am On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:
Of course they got something to hide and that's why they're opting for a secret trial.
Why trying him secretly as far as I'm concern Dasuki is innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction. APC has not told
Nigerians what they hiding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by goodlifehyd(m): 8:21am On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:

So what are you advocating for? That the court be thrown out of the window because it didn't go as you want?
whats the difference between secret trials and open trial?
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by dragon2(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

Not necessarily!

Nobody said Dasuki has to come to the witness stand,also, a competent judge would have full control of what is acceptable in court.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 8:27am On Jan 24, 2016
ndcide:

Juxtapose this your thought with the media crucifixion. What will be your honest reaction if you were dasuki. Honestly I mean.

Honestly! If Dasuki honestly doesn't understand why he would be tried behind closed doors, then we were indeed in problem all the while he was NSA.

Leave the media, the media would always make things sensational to sell stuff!
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by bennychuks: 8:28am On Jan 24, 2016
[quote author=Phonon post=42271500]How would you try a former high-ranking member of Nigeria's security apparatus in open court? So State secrets should be flowing around in the course of his testimony. Journalists should be allowed into the secret trial and probably members of the opposition in the relevant Senate and House committees.[/quote
He is not the only high rank personality to be tried openly before. He is an accused person so APC. Should avail his love ones and supporters know what the court has to say about his charges. We should learn how to put our animosity behind and allow the law to take its course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Omenkata: 8:28am On Jan 24, 2016
signature2012:
Why try him secretly and use the media openly with propaganda to finish him?
ask TonyeBarcanista grin

2 Likes

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Intendy: 8:29am On Jan 24, 2016
did he steal the money secretly or openly? the answer will give the trial
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 8:30am On Jan 24, 2016
dragon2:

Nobody said Dasuki has to come to the witness stand,also, a competent judge would have full control of what is acceptable in court.

A competent judge can throw something as being inadmissible, can he/she prevent a Sahara Reporters from writing about it?

Has a competent judge or even the US intelligence agencies been able to prevent Snowden from saying his mind? Did they not lose face from all his revelations?
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 8:33am On Jan 24, 2016
bennychuks:

Why trying him secretly as far as I'm concern Dasuki is innocent until proven guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction. APC has not told
Nigerians what they hiding.

A closed trial doesn't make one guilty, it just means members of the public aren't allowed in and the proceeds of the court are sealed!

The lawyers and judges are still going to be the regular judges and lawyers! Just the public and media are not welcome, AND the lawyers cannot say anything about the case to the media but they have all legal means available to them.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by eagleeye2: 8:33am On Jan 24, 2016
If FG wanted a secret trial this much, why then did they allow the media to run amok on this Dasuki saga.
If GEJ is the one they are trying to protect, I think they have already failed. Cos the Media Court has already found him guilty. If not guilty by committing the crimes, guilty of supervising such a monumental crime.
PLEASE TRY DASUKI OPENLY.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by dragon2(m): 8:33am On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

A competent judge can throw something as being inadmissible, can he/she prevent a Sahara Reporters from writing about it?

Has a competent judge or even the US intelligence agencies been able to prevent Snowden from saying his mind? Did they not lose face from all his revelations?

Before any evidence is made public in court the judge has to approve of it.As long as dasuki is not on the witness stand he cant reveal anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Huge Cash Payments To Justices Uncovered By Detectives (photo) / PDP Is A Terrorists’ Party – Aisha Yesufu / Tribunal: "If Buhari Can Do It, All Agberos Can"- Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.