Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" (29087 Views)

Police Arrest 59 IPOB Members In Abia, Say Members Will Be Tried As Terrorists / Will Col. Sambo Dasuki Be Granted Honour Of Burying His Father? / When Buhari Suddenly Realised That Dasuki Sponsored His Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by fujirice: 9:04am On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

Not necessarily!
No one kills a mosquito on his face with a sledge hammer talk less of killing one on the scrotum.

Dasuki is not an ordinary guy, he is a former National Security Adviser, meaning he has access to intelligence information that are termed "HIGHLY CLASSIFIED" and no nation on earth will trial such people in an open court!
No nation even tries former spies or intelligence agents in an open court, how much more the head of such agencies. It is the height of stupidity to expect a former NSA to be tried in an open court.

The aim should be that he is well represented by his choice of lawyers.

That Ben Bruce is a Senator and does not understand this fact, is a testament to how much bereft of basic leadership qualities the people that we have saddled with making laws for our country. This pronouncement by him, and that h even chose to broadcast it indicates how lacking in depth he is. SMH
Is he also well represented by his choice of media? See that reason they gave no carry weight biko. What is he being tried for, is it not misappropriation of $2.1bn arms money? What is there to hide again? Abeg make them talk another thing jor!

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by 4C2215131: 9:06am On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:

Open trial may reveal that Buhari is also a yam eater grin

Word!

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by babafirst(m): 9:09am On Jan 24, 2016
Where una hear say dem wan try am secretly now?If dem try am secretly for high court dem go try am secretly for appeal court or supreme court if the man appeal ?OK you want them to try him at National Stadium where ekpas will come with paid placards?I don't understand this issue of secret trial ohhh and how possible it is.Na court martial im dey face?Where did this rumour about secret trial emanate from?
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by alexlee50: 9:09am On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Trying dasuki secretly, will be doing your brother Goodluck Jonathan a big favor,
Sometimes I think comparing Ben Bruce to Obanikori is an insult to Obanikoro
if that is the case, why are PDP sympathisiers crying louder that they want an open trial instead of the secret trial? On another another government that has blamed the last administration for the ills that have bedeviled the nation and have castigated the person of former president Jonathan at every given oppurtunity, now suddenly wants to protect the image of Jonathan with a secret trial? U dey reason well so?

2 Likes

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Enice(m): 9:09am On Jan 24, 2016
willywasco:
Dear followers, see the response I got for politely suggesting that Dasuki be tried openly!

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/690969029821882368
first, Dasuki was former NSA. He might out of anger try to reveal top secret of government. Second, the Obama look alike should know that even the senate which he is a member holds close door sessions. He should first try to stop the close door sessions of the senate before interfering in another arm of government, hypocrite. Third, security issues are not to be dicussed in the open. You don't know who may be listening. What you take as irrelevant may be important to some terrorist. So, you bitter man trying to pull down the house just because you lost an election, elections are over. It is time for governance. Think of the lives of the citizens first before spewing rubbish on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:15am On Jan 24, 2016
alexlee50:
if that is the case, why are PDP sympathisiers crying louder that they want an open trial instead of the secret trial? On another another government that has blamed the last administration for the ills that have bedeviled the nation and have castigated the person of former president Jonathan at every given oppurtunity, now suddenly wants to protect the image of Jonathan with a secret trial? U dey reason well so?

left for me I support an open trial as I feel there should be no sacred cow in the fight against corruption.
the outcome of an open trial, Nigeria wont be ready for what will hit them.
and yes I dey reason wella
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by alexlee50: 9:23am On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

left for me I support an open trial as I feel there should be no sacred cow in the fight against corruption.
the outcome of an open trial, Nigeria wont be ready for what will hit them.
and yes I dey reason wella
ok, I like your position.as for the outcome, it is likely some people we see as angels would not be different from the devil.but let's watch and see how things unfold

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Looks like obama but thinks like koro
dry line... the "koro" is what you and yours can't be in your lifetime. KMT!!

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by wizkidblogger(f): 9:31am On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Trying dasuki secretly, will be doing your brother Goodluck Jonathan a big favor,
Sometimes I think comparing Ben Bruce to Obanikori is an insult to Obanikoro
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:33am On Jan 24, 2016
JANK23H:

Please spare us that excuse abeg. If GEJ is going to be indicted let it be done openly, and he should also defend himself openly too. Enough of all these media trials.
Then when Gej gets indicted (which he obviously will) you'll look for another battle cry. The problem with your country is wicked people like yourself. Your hypocrisy is sickening. And your kind of attitude seems to be confined to the people of a certain section of Nigeria. If your nation wants to develop it needs to figure out a way to split or Regionalism. That way everyone develops according to their pace, practice and attitude towards the outside world ; I doubt you'll make it then. Development is not just about "Natural Resources" it also involves "character", and as I see it "your" attitudes stink, you abhor the truth and that is bad for business.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 9:40am On Jan 24, 2016
fujirice:

Is he also well represented by his choice of media? See that reason they gave no carry weight biko. What is he being tried for, is it not misappropriation of $2.1bn arms money? What is there to hide again? Abeg make them talk another thing jor!

And in trying prove his innocence, he won't have to talk about any of these:
A. Where Nigeria buys arms.
B. Nigerian security capabilities, Pre and Post his era.
C. Coded means to purchase arms given the US arms embargo.
D. Nigerian procedures for purchase of arms.

Tell me, which of the above do you think should be for open media consumption!

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2016
eagleeye2:

A SECRET TRIAL IS ONE OF THE WAYS. Most of Dasuki's interrogation at the DSS was done in the absence of the Media. But someone privy to the details of those interrogations, made it available to the Media.
If the FG wanted things to be kept quiet, the Media wouldn't have had this Much information. And I am sure Dasuki has also said some other things that this government doesn't want us to know about and are very afraid that Dasuki will reveal in an open court.

That is the difference there that you just highlighted!

The govt cannot gag his lawyers or any other person from talking to the press except mandated by law. That law can only come into effect when the Judge approves a Closed Trial.

Without that approval of the law to it being a closed trial, all things are fair game and the govt can't even punish an EFCC operative for leaking the contents of such proceedings.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 24, 2016
signature2012:
Why try him secretly and use the media openly with propaganda to finish him?
Seconded.At least let's see what he want to say.We are not in a military era.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 24, 2016
R
Candyrain:

Oh you mean the same FG that are looking for a way to nail GEJ to the cross are now trying to protect him? Bros say something else abeg.

Let them conduct an open trial, I think the FG(Buhari) is much more scared of what will be revealed. Perhaps we might get to find out that he ate more yam than we know.

You people don't know that this issue has Jona written all over it.If the Govt. wants they would have arrested him long ago.They are just trying to reserve his respect for him.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by eagleeye2: 10:13am On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

That is the difference there that you just highlighted!

The govt cannot gag his lawyers or any other person from talking to the press except mandated by law. That law can only come into effect when the Judge approves a Closed Trial.

Without that approval of the law to it being a closed trial, all things are fair game and the govt can't even punish an EFCC operative for leaking the contents of such proceedings.
There have been cases where ones lawyers turn against their client. In Nigeria nothing is impossible. Let the press be allowed to cover Dasuki's trial, so that we can be sure of what is going on. Moreover, lawyers are not pressmen.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by seangy4konji: 10:23am On Jan 24, 2016
But seriously I would not mind an open trial. That is how it is sop posed to be. Why secret trial

We need to know everything.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by fujirice: 10:27am On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

And in trying prove his innocence, he won't have to talk about any of these:
A. Where Nigeria buys arms.
B. Nigerian security capabilities, Pre and Post his era.
C. Coded means to purchase arms given the US arms embargo.
D. Nigerian procedures for purchase of arms.

Tell me, which of the above do you think should be for open media consumption!
So he will leave the questions being asked him about the fund and start talking about codes and all other things you mentioned? Is it even a secret where Nigeria buys it's arms? Those reasons they gave is not concrete enough. Since they opted to try the guy secretly, they should keep it secret then. What's up with all the media noise?
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by akinsbaba2015: 10:28am On Jan 24, 2016
Ben Bruce is just playing to the gallery, no one planned to try him secretly in court on cases of corruption, was he not granted bail in two different Fct high courts? Several individuals are staking out their reputation just to whittle down the fight against corruption but they will never succeed.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Candyrain(m): 11:22am On Jan 24, 2016
emekamigo:
R

You people don't know that this issue has Jona written all over it.If the Govt. wants they would have arrested him long ago.They are just trying to reserve his respect for him.

Abegi. Let them prove to us that GEJ is involved. Open trial should be supported.

It's funny you guys are thinking of preserving his respect but have already sentenced him to death via your media court.

We don see una finish.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by JANK23H(m): 11:28am On Jan 24, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Then when Gej gets indicted (which he obviously will) you'll look for another battle cry. The problem with your country is wicked people like yourself. Your hypocrisy is sickening. And your kind of attitude seems to be confined to the people of a certain section of Nigeria. If your nation wants to develop it needs to figure out a way to split or Regionalism. That way everyone develops according to their pace, practice and attitude towards the outside world ; I doubt you'll make it then. Development is not just about "Natural Resources" it also involves "character", and as I see it "your" attitudes stink, you abhor the truth and that is bad for business.
If you have a different opinion to mine state it clearly without being personal. If you seek an e-fight look elsewhere, I can't be drawn to your level.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by akigbemaru: 11:42am On Jan 24, 2016
pa adeboye prayer.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by tochilastborn(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2016
Blackfire:
I notice one thing, when this govt start corruption case, in 1-2 weeks is like heaven will fall after that... Silence. Example Saraki , now dasuki.
Oga judge, Abeg give us open trial, all i know is that PDP na thieves, and APC wey want catch them na rogues.
it's better to have the thieves because of all professions and vocations, it is only the thief that wishes his victim #PROSPERITY

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by banmee(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

Not necessarily!
No one kills a mosquito on his face with a sledge hammer talk less of killing one on the scrotum.

Dasuki is not an ordinary guy, he is a former National Security Adviser, meaning he has access to intelligence information that are termed "HIGHLY CLASSIFIED" and no nation on earth will trial such people in an open court!
No nation even tries former spies or intelligence agents in an open court, how much more the head of such agencies. It is the height of stupidity to expect a former NSA to be tried in an open court.

The aim should be that he is well represented by his choice of lawyers.

That Ben Bruce is a Senator and does not understand this fact, is a testament to how much bereft of basic leadership qualities the people that we have saddled with making laws for our country. This pronouncement by him, and that h even chose to broadcast it indicates how lacking in depth he is. SMH

What is this one saying? What you should say is, no "NORMAL" nation tries spies in open court. In normal countries, everyone is tried openly. The only difference is that the accused is not asked sensitive questions relating to National security. Dasuki is accused of fraud. What is sensitive about that? How does that impact National security?
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by mrtruth: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
seunmsg:

The only reason FG wants a secret trial is to protect GEJ. Jonathan will be the major casualty of an open trial of Dasuki and that is what the FG is trying to avoid.
Smelling smeller, LYING Liar, which GEJ did you say APC is trying to protect? Hope you hear how you sound?
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
banmee:

What is this one saying? What you should say is, no "NORMAL" nation tries spies in open court. In normal countries, everyone is tried openly. The only difference is that the accused is not asked sensitive questions relating to National security. Dasuki is accused of fraud. What is sensitive about that? How does that impact National security?

I'd meet you anywhere to buy you dinner, if you can show me any NORMAL nation that tries intelligence officers in open court about national security issues.

I'm waiting!
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by mrtruth: 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
seunmsg:

The only reason FG wants a secret trial is to protect GEJ. Jonathan will be the major casualty of an open trial of Dasuki and that is what the FG is trying to avoid.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by tafrica(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thieves are afraid on Open trial.
Let Dasuki be tried openly so we know the co-Yam Eaters. You don't want your god to be openly named as part of the EATERS.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by tafrica(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
It's quite funny to see some Buharists saying they're opting for close trial because GEJ will be implicated. Didn't you guys vow to jail him and others? Haven't you already blackmailed him?

If APC and Buhari aren't afraid of anything Dasuki will disclose, we all want open trial, we don't mind if GEJ is implicated. All Yam looters must be jailed.

You all want close trial because you know Buhari and other APC CHANGE agents will be involved also, abi?

Your CHANGE is a fraud, a CHANGE that shields some looters because of friendship is an evil CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
fujirice:

So he will leave the questions being asked him about the fund and start talking about codes and all other things you mentioned? Is it even a secret where Nigeria buys it's arms? Those reasons they gave is not concrete enough. Since they opted to try the guy secretly, they should keep it secret then. What's up with all the media noise?

So tell me, where does Nigeria buy it's weapons?
What weapons do our intelligence officers carry?
What sophisticated weapons do we have.

I'm sure you can readily answer this since it is not a secret!
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by banmee(m): 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

I'd meet you anywhere to buy you dinner, if you can show me any NORMAL nation that tries intelligence officers in open court about national security issues.

I'm waiting!

Aldrich Ames

Klaus Fuchs Born

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg Born

These are the ones i can remember. We just did a class on it in my organization. There was two that were very recent. One was a male soldier and another was an FBI agent who used to go to work with a T shirt which read "i am a Russian spy". Bro's, American's aren't stupid. They just won't ask you details of classified documents. All they need to do is prove you had these documents and had intent to sell or give the enemy.

Now you give me examples of spies who weren't tried in open court.

I'm waiting.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by allthingsgood: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:

Abeg take this your excessive emotions away from my mention

Yea maybe if u stopped your lies
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
banmee:

Aldrich Ames

Klaus Fuchs Born

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg Born

These are the ones i can remember. We just did a class on it in my organization. There was two that were very recent. One was a male soldier and another was an FBI agent who used to go to work with a T shirt which read "i am a Russian spy". Bro's, American's aren't stupid. They just won't ask you details of classified documents. All they need to do is prove you had these documents and had intent to sell or give the enemy.

Now you give me examples of spies who weren't tried in open court.

I'm waiting.

Please, which countries and for what crime?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poor Widows Turned Millionaires Overnight By Okorocha With Huge Gestures / EFCC Keeps Mum Over Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Ahead Of 2019 Election / A Brief History Of Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.