Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" (29086 Views)

Police Arrest 59 IPOB Members In Abia, Say Members Will Be Tried As Terrorists / Will Col. Sambo Dasuki Be Granted Honour Of Burying His Father? / When Buhari Suddenly Realised That Dasuki Sponsored His Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by manutdadex(m): 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Trying dasuki secretly, will be doing your brother Goodluck Jonathan a big favor,
Sometimes I think comparing Ben Bruce to Obanikori is an insult to Obanikoro
who cares if Gehrig US implicated? Open trial it is.. When no but military trial.... Ur Mimi go last..
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by ndcide(m): 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

Honestly! If Dasuki honestly doesn't understand why he would be tried behind closed doors, then we were indeed in problem all the while he was NSA.

Leave the media, the media would always make things sensational to sell stuff!

Not sir. It doesn't go that way. That's why I said if you were dasuki.

You cannot keep putting a narrative out there and stop the victim of any opportunity to give a counter narrative. It's unfair.

What if he's not convicted. You really don't know what's happening with the media. It's obvious
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by fujirice: 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

So tell me, where does Nigeria buy it's weapons?
What weapons do our intelligence officers carry?
What sophisticated weapons do we have.

I'm sure you can readily answer this since it is not a secret!
I'm sure these your questions are rhetorics. Of all the things that are to be kept secret is where we buy our weapons? I laugh
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by manutdadex(m): 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
phemmyutd:
Even if Federal Government refused the open trial, Why can't his lawyers open up publicly if he is not guilty .

and beside how many open trial did your administration perform? no wonder they said you reason like Obanikoro.
Twitter Senatorial district
this generation is finished....if u can reason like did and still get likes then no hope for display country...you are u scared of open trial??answer!
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by banmee(m): 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

Please, which countries and for what crime?

All U.S, either for selling or giving away state secrets.

Now i'm waiting for your list of spies that weren't tried openly. The onus is on you.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by oyinkinola: 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
.....open or secret trial, let the nation win the case!
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by manutdadex(m): 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

Not necessarily!
No one kills a mosquito on his face with a sledge hammer talk less of killing one on the scrotum.

Dasuki is not an ordinary guy, he is a former National Security Adviser, meaning he has access to intelligence information that are termed "HIGHLY CLASSIFIED" and no nation on earth will trial such people in an open court!
No nation even tries former spies or intelligence agents in an open court, how much more the head of such agencies. It is the height of stupidity to expect a former NSA to be tried in an open court.

The aim should be that he is well represented by his choice of lawyers.

That Ben Bruce is a Senator and does not understand this fact, is a testament to how much bereft of basic leadership qualities the people that we have saddled with making laws for our country. This pronouncement by him, and that h even chose to broadcast it indicates how lacking in depth he is. SMH
so nsa can b tried with d media openly?.u made a valid point but y respect his office jow when u av crucified him in d media... And dis nation needs him to expose them.. So we can stat all over again
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
banmee:

All U.S, either for selling or giving away state secrets.

Now i'm waiting for your list of spies that weren't tried openly. The onus is on you.

1. Aldrich Amesw tried for espionage against his country! And he did threaten to disclose secret information that would embarrass the govt, however since he pleaded guilty, there was no need for the actual trials.

2. Klaus Fuchs Born was a scientist who leaked secrets and he wasn't tried in open court either as he pleaded guilty. He actually confessed his crime.

So basically, these your examples are not it at all.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
ndcide:

Not sir. It doesn't go that way. That's why I said if you were dasuki.

You cannot keep putting a narrative out there and stop the victim of any opportunity to give a counter narrative. It's unfair.

What if he's not convicted. You really don't know what's happening with the media. It's obvious

What I have been trying to tell you is simple: A closed trial DOES NOT mean he is guilty! It does not imply he won't have his own lawyers, it doesn't imply he won't have his say!

It only means whatever is said will not be heard directly by the public but could be released later!

If he is not convicted, the media would definitely announce it with glee that Dasuki was found not guilty. Whether closed or open, the verdict will still be made known.

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by banmee(m): 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

1. Aldrich Amesw tried for espionage against his country! And he did threaten to disclose secret information that would embarrass the govt, however since he pleaded guilty, there was no need for the actual trials.

2. Klaus Fuchs Born was a scientist who leaked secrets and he wasn't tried in open court either as he pleaded guilty. He actually confessed his crime.

So basically, these your examples are not it at all.

I've shown you mine, you show me yours.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Lionsclaw: 1:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
seunmsg:

The only reason FG wants a secret trial is to protect GEJ. Jonathan will be the major casualty of an open trial of Dasuki and that is what the FG is trying to avoid.
just look at you people. So unstable moving from side to side like reed in the wind.

Is secret trial democratic?
You hate jonathan so much but you also want to protect him with secret trial. Really?
You did not hear fg just this last week say they will prosecute gej if found wanting abi? So this your statement who told you.

The simple fact is that u guys no longer use reason but look for anything to cover buharis as.s whenever he messes up
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
banmee:

I've shown you mine, you show me yours.

Quit that game, I just replied you that there were no trials as the people you mentioned pleaded guilty!

Also read about your first guy, even his lawyer threatened the exposure of secrets to try and get him some plea bargains but as his client don please guilty, na only sentencing Dem do.
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by banmee(m): 1:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

Quit that game, I just replied you that there were no trials as the people you mentioned pleaded guilty!

Also read about your first guy, even his lawyer threatened the exposure of secrets to try and get him some plea bargains but as his client don please guilty, na only sentencing Dem do.

You still not saying anything. You are saying they are not tried in public but have no instances. Ok. We should take your word for it abi?
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
manutdadex:
who cares if Gehrig US implicated? Open trial it is.. When no but military trial.... Ur Mimi go last..
Please can u edit your post
So we can interact
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Akainzo(m): 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
banmee:

You still not saying anything. You are saying they are not tried in public but have no instances. Ok. We should take your word for it abi?

Nope, don't take my word for it. Just search for any intelligence officer tried in open court for stuff that affect national security. That will just do it!
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by banmee(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Akainzo:

Nope, don't take my word for it. Just search for any intelligence officer tried in open court for stuff that affect national security. That will just do it!

You say they exist but you can't find one. Ok. And if it's so secret, how come you know about it?
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by kodded(m): 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
banmee:

You say they exist but you can't find one. Ok. And if it's so secret, how come you know about it?
cheesy my oga abeg leave that kid just like any apc supporter online they dont know what they are doing grin

1 Like

Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by arabianights: 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:
Of course they got something to hide and that's why they're opting for a secret trial.

And what might weask is the government hiding or protecting ? was dasuli under this administration or the past admin?This govt knows exactly what they are doing and they are most probaly doing jonathan a favour as he is the one that will e disgraced and both nat and international will ask for his head
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:
Of course they got something to hide and that's why they're opting for a secret trial.

The
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:

The so called champions of Anti corruption..
Re: Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" by Splashme: 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Candyrain:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov. Oyetola Rescues Accident Victims Along Ibadan-lagos Express Road / Nnamdi Kanu Is A Terrorist - Miyetti Allah Tells FG To Use Force On IPOB Leader / Pictures Of BBN's Cross Okonkwo And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.