Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars (61701 Views)

Meet The Man Who Tried To Sell His Testicle For $35K To Buy His Dream Sports Car / The New 2018 Volvo XC60 Is One Of The Safest Suvs Ever Made / 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by 1miccza: 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
GogetterMD:
That my daddy has a pure water factory doesn't mean I shouldn't buy bottled water when I'm out.
But what do I know undecided lipsrsealed

A whole lot, they don't just get it
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by modestdude(m): 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
If I were Innoson, I will even have every brand of SUVs in my fleet. Ranging from Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Range Rover, Nissan, and Kia.

With this, I will be able to have first hand understanding of their ruggedity (if they are) and what makes them so and as such, use the constant comparative analysis of grounded theory in qualitative research to continue improving on my brand.

That's good for business.

N.B When I worked with Zenith bank, I operated a savings account with First Bank despite persuading customers to bank with us (zenith).

So there's nothing wrong with this IMO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Exponental(m): 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
That response isn't defensive enough. He should have admitted he needs to understand and feel his competitors to give better services. Spies help competitors remain in business.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by oladele239(m): 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
linearity:

You are comparing apples with oranges, Twitter is not the same as Facebook and one can't replace the other; if you had said Mark Zuckerberg uses MySpace, then you will have a point. Also, AIT and NTA are different, most times they have different lineups and programming.
so are cars.... his use of other brands will prompt him to make his brand better by juxtaposing features

1 Like 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Reference(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
That is a huge gaffe. If the Press gets on this one he'd be torn limb from limb. In the industry you just do not do this. The only light shinning in his cold, damp cell is the fact Toyota and Landrover are not direct rivals. They don't fly within the same airspace.
One CEO of Volkswagen, another of a Swiss watch maker (can't remember), the CEO of Pepsi, Starbucks and even brand 'Cristiano Ronaldo' have all been embarassed by secret preferences for rivals gone public.

NB. In the case of CR7 it was his son....even worse....hurtful ain't it.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by oladele239(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

You choose to see the opinion of others as daft, simply because it does not match, or tie in with yours. Your Silverbird and AIT / NTA analogies don't make sense in this context either.

The comparisons you're making are not valid. Facebook and Twitter are world-established brands. IVM is NOT even strongly established in Nigeria, it's home country. Nigeria is where IVM needs to be promoted in order to secure a decent market sector, and actually GROW.

Lastly, Nigerians need to learn to accept criticism, both constructive and non-constructive, without going all sentimental. Detroit is an automobile city, Americans are fiercely patriotic, yet they will be the first to admit American brand of automobile suck. They don't take it personal either when the rest of the world criticise them either. Today, the best selling car in North America is Japanese, with even the Korean brands snapping at the heels of the high-end American brands.

Innoson DOES need to promote his brand more, starting with himself using his products EXCLUSIVELY! IVM is way too young to rest on it's laurels, and watch the world go by.
his choice of what cars to have in his fleet is his to make. I am simply saying just because he produces cars doesnt mean he cant ride other brands I mean how does he juxtapose features to improve his brand?
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Analysiscorner: 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
kolnel:
That's wrong publicity
It's just like drinking star lager beer and you work in Guinness Nigeria or smoking Marlboro when you work in British American tobacco
It shows he doesn't have any confidence in his brand new wheel barrows
Brand new wheel barrow?
Nigerians would be very grateful to you if you can be producing literally brand new wheel barrows.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Bobbyjay001(m): 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
IMO,Innoson is made for low income earners. The ceo needs to show people how rich he is and I think people will think he hand picks SUV's from his plants without spendind a dime if he use his brand.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
oladele239:
Many folks here are obviously daft...so because he produces cars means he can only stick to his brand Come on....mark Zuckerberg uses twitter irrespective of the fact that he is the ceo of Facebook....because ben bruce owns silverbird doesnt mean he cant watch AIT or nta!!!!!!!!

a bit rich of you to call people daft when you give daft examples like facebook and twitter like they are comparable products.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Giwayusuf17(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
D guy only wants us to know that, even if I produce cars that one no mean say make I no use beta thing... "who no like beta thing"
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
peterjero:

Remember he has 3 of his suv in his fleet of cars and it takes time to grow don't expect the growth to be automatic because CEOS around the world use competitors product in order to know how to outsmart them. Google just paid 1billion dollars to apple Inc recently t keep its search bar, it's what I call business the twitter user isn't a business man so won't understand why he drives other cars. The engine of ivm cars are sourced from other manufacturers so in order to create good engine management system (ems) you need to understand the dynamics of others cars that came before it.

Don't feel under any pressure to make sense!
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Mosaku147: 2:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
obinna222:
Even D CEO of BMW drives a Mercedes Benz.

It's not a crime.
biggest lie of century. If he dere's it,BMW will be finished by an advert from Mercedes stating BM's CEO doesn't believe in his own cars.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by tiwasiaife(m): 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
he uses a white innoson carrier hilux as his official car stop this false news.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by 9jatatafo(m): 2:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
Eating only okro soup can spoil the mouth. Varieties they say is the spice of life
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
tiwasiaife:
he uses a white innoson carrier hilux as his official car stop this false news.

I don't understand this.

What is an Innoson Carrier Hilux? Is this actually what one of his models is branded as?
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by fortunechy(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
so wetin concern u dia??buzy body.u beta mind ur biz
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
9jatatafo:
Eating only okro soup can spoil the mouth. Varieties they say is the spice of life

How does your analogy relate to this thread? The comparisons here are becoming more bizarre with each additional post. Facebook, Twitter, Marlboro, Benson & Hedges, Silverbird, NTA etc. Now it's Okra Soup.

What next?

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by riadrims(f): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
joefredd006:
mehn this guy is tactful. imagine him saying ''are we to have other cars for back-up ''...
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by chiefobdk(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2886982/fc-ifeanyi-ubah-officially-unveil#42280290

op. have you been to his house at Enugu.? if not STFU.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Lezzlie(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
AlPeter:
dude chill, you are taking it personal. The CEO is wrong imagine a customer about to order for a fleet of cars seeing the CEO driving a Toyota. Do you think he will order for them again? Innoson is a young company trying to grow people are understandably skeptical, seeing the CEO driving around in foreign cars is wrong
No personal feelings attached but I observed several lapses by the OP.

Firstly he said he went to the CEO's house and saw his fleet of cars. So he wasn't even driving it around.

Secondly, OP only provided us with pics of innoson's cars on display and the models used by FRSC without providing pics of the foreign cars the CEO is supposedly driving around.

Thirdly, the title of the thread reeks of personal attack and lack of objective report. This is Nigeria's home grown auto industry and it should be a source of national pride and not made a subject of ridicule by subjective reporting.

I have been driven in one of the pickups by FRSC and it drives well, but the model wasn't having persenger airbag. It was a point I noted and pointed to the Sector commander of the road safety unit to address.

I didn't run around with cheap journalism trying to make a point by tarnishing the image of an auto company that has set the pace of Nigeria's industrialisation.

2 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by 9jatatafo(m): 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

How does your analogy relate to this thread? The comparisons here are becoming more bizarre with each additional post. Facebook, Twitter, Marlboro, Benson & Hedges, Silverbird, NTA etc. Now it's Okra Soup.

What next?

Read deeply
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by dapsoneh: 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
It's like adenuga having a mtn line and aitel.. meaning, he dosent believ in his ntwork, tariff and data plan grin
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
most of the defenders of innoson have no idea of business beyond the rudimentary buying item for N10 and selling for N50.
thats where it ends.
innocent is not just the CEO, he is the FACE of his brand. if the CEO of innoson was an employee who could easily be replaced, one might eve understand.

but no, this is the man who licensed\created the brand.

everything about him should speak to his confidence and belief in what he is selling.

things like this say like nothing else, my product is just something i sell. its not something i'm passionate about or believe in.
when i need to flex like a big man, i push my product to the background.

in short, he is saying what most people with buying power know; innoson is not a vehicle you want to buy unless you have several other backups

2 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Reference(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
GogetterMD:
That my daddy has a pure water factory doesn't mean I shouldn't buy bottled water when I'm out.
But what do I know undecided lipsrsealed

Okay. Know this. Pure water generally has poor brand value and poor competitive advantage. I don't think they are in quite the same league.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Dean15: 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
So the only way he can encourage us is by using his made car? We better encourage ourselves and patronize him if we can't afford imported tokumbo cars.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by harsysky(m): 2:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
lookandlaff:
There are 2 ways to look at this

1) Innosons are cars for the masses. As a man of means that he is, if he is producing cars for the affluent and not driving one of his then you can criticize him. what I'm saying is, It's not like he makes mercedes but drives BMW or drives a chinese brand instead of INNOson.

on the other hand

2) you could say it means that Innosons are really cheaply put together Chinese cars assembled in Nigeria with a different name and that the man who assembles them himself does not have enough confidence in the safety and reliability of his own product to make them his only means of transport and so why should anyone else buy them?

Personally, (and sadly) I think it's a reflection of what we all know, while we may want to patronize made in Nigeria, Innosons are cheap brands that will probably fail any 1st world safety test and no one (even the owner apparently) wants to be the human guinea pig so enter at your peril!!!

True story: I once went to a pharmacist to buy a cough syrup the brand which I shall not mention but very popular i have been taking since I was young, she gave the the foreign one and I said "no give me the local one made in Nigeria" after all is cough medicine not cough medicine? and she said it's not about the money (the difference was only N300) but when you buy a foreign branded product you can be sure they follow due processes, you never know what compromises have been made in a made in Nigeria product....her words not mine. She said, "I am a pharmacist, I know what our people do, I don't buy made in Nigeria for myself".

So it's one thing to say buy made in Nigeria, it's another to actually produce quality products that people can have confidence in and if you dont drive your own cars.........neither will I.

If you sold brain, I would buy from you. Sensible!

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
9jatatafo:

Read deeply

A message doesn't need to be close to the earth's core to be deciphered.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by ogmaskman: 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
whirlwind7:
Well, that he owns Innoson doesn't mean he should dump his other cars now, does it?

Someone from Innoson had replied that the man drives the Landmark SUV. Actually, it will cost him very little to drive and maintain any brand of Innoson vehicles because servicing and spare parts replacement would be very easy for him. He is the one person with the most confidence to use this brand, due to this convenience. That's simple logic.

Dild you expect ALL the vehicles he drives to line up for your inspection because you visited his home?

He should use his vehicles 100%. what is the moral justification for the cry for Nigerians to patronize our local industries if the industry practioners themselves are seen using the same products that they are in competition with.
He is the first ambassador of his company so he must not be seen close to anything else. Hear this, if a sportswear company like adiddas or puma endorses a sports person they expect he/she wears only their products. In the same vein , you do not expect the MD's of the sports company to be seen close to any other brand talkless of using it. For using the range and Toyota jeep, I am highly disappointed. I am speechless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Reference(m): 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

What next?

Hmmm. I sell oranges and I damn well won't eat apples.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by dandollaz: 3:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Some people will not allow igbos to reast.na wetin?abeg leave the man jor,if you go to zuckersberg house and see him opening nairaland or whatapp you will still complain.meanwhile pic that you were in his house or go and die.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Ishilove: 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
Reference:

Hmmm. I sell oranges and I damn well won't eat apples.
cheesy
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Reference(m): 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
dandollaz:
Some people will not allow igbos to reast.na wetin?abeg leave the man jor,if you go to zuckersberg house and see him opening nairaland or whatapp you will still complain.meanwhile pic that you were in his house or go and die.

Hmmm....He can browse but he cannot register or use. Just like Bush. You can smoke, just don't inhale.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission / Ghana Has Kantanka Automobile, Nigeria Has Innoson (PHOTOS) / Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.