Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars (61702 Views)

Meet The Man Who Tried To Sell His Testicle For $35K To Buy His Dream Sports Car / The New 2018 Volvo XC60 Is One Of The Safest Suvs Ever Made / 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Reptyle(m): 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
obinna222:
Even D CEO of BMW drives a Mercedes Benz.

It's not a crime.

That cannot be true. Do you have any link to prove this claim?

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by kaymighty: 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
obinna222:
Even D CEO of BMW drives a Mercedes Benz.

It's not a crime.

This is not true. Can we have a proof? Germans don't joke with loyalty.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by tiwasiaife(m): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

I don't understand this.

What is an Innoson Carrier Hilux? Is this actually what one of his models is branded as?

its a hilux type product of innoson
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by 9jatatafo(m): 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

A message doesn't need to be close to the earth's core to be deciphered.

Like I said you don't expect innoson man to use all cars made by his company as using other foreign cars would give him more reason to improve in his production of innoson made cars for naija
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by chinchum(m): 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Too bad, going by the word of the fellow who observed the situation at the ceos garage, there was no ivm brand vehicle there, the ivm twitter handle appears to be applying damage control b y stating the CEO actually has one amidst other foreign brands. The CEO goofed, he is the face of his brand, and for now must discard other brands, most especially when his own brand is still upcoming and very localised. Of a truth, brands do check up other brands and check for comparative strengths and weaknesses, but never in the open. I doubt if the innosson brand even have a functional website. The CEO must be a sucker for his brand., by sleeping, eating, drinking and driving innoson only, he has got to fake it till he makes it. He should leave the job of testing other brands to his R&d engineers, if he has got one.

3 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by GogetterMD(m): 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Reference:

Okay. Know this. Pure water generally has poor brand value and poor competitive advantage. I don't think they are in quite the same league.
Really Whao!!! Tell me more plz
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Reptyle(m): 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
That's a major branding booboo by the Innoson boss.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
chinchum:
Too bad, going by the word of the fellow who observed the situation at the ceos garage, there was no ivm brand vehicle there, the ivm twitter handle appears to be applying damage control b y stating the CEO actually has one amidst other foreign brands. The CEO goofed, he is the face of his brand, and for now must discard other brands, most especially when his own brand is still upcoming and very localised. Of a truth, brands do check up other brands and check for comparative strengths and weaknesses, but never in the open. I doubt if the innosson brand even have a functional website. The CEO must be a sucker for his brand., by sleeping, eating, drinking and driving innoson only, he has got to fake it till he makes it. He should leave the job of testing other brands to his R&d engineers, if he has got one.

you mean to his suppliers

http://global.gacgonow.com.cn/

GAC Zhejiang Gonow Auto

just saying
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by francisifegwu: 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Uniben has released the PG admission list. Login with your uniben user name and password to check your admission status.[b]Uniben has released the PG admission list. Login with your uniben user name and password to check your admission status.[/b]Uniben has released the PG admission list. Login with your uniben user name and password to check your admission status....
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by torddy4u(m): 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
dammy13:
Innoson Motors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars - IT'S A LIE, INNOSON MOTORS REPLIES

[img]http://1.bp..com/-nSrvKYhvA6c/VqR5szWzx7I/AAAAAAAANJE/-dx9TARepPw/s1600/NIGERIA%2B1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-MMlVBjgz9SI/VqR5t6494uI/AAAAAAAANJI/a1F1hHHxJ3Y/s1600/NIGERIA%2B2.jpg[/img]

A guy, NEDU, visited the compound of Innoson's Chairman in Nnewi and saw all the big cars the man is using, but his Made-in-Nigeria cars was not among. Why? See the company's reaction...

[img]http://2.bp..com/-1IIfy-YkkKg/VqR5uV0AxHI/AAAAAAAANJU/Tm7Tmq_MD3U/s1600/TWEET%2B1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-xlB2T9jRny8/VqR5vEZ-nvI/AAAAAAAANJc/-aznKPymQ3o/s1600/TWEET%2B2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-QR2Rv2DFvu0/VqR5v8MUUlI/AAAAAAAANJk/5qxMordQkxk/s400/TWEET%2B4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ns0c6UMlE1U/VqR5wuAoXZI/AAAAAAAANJs/0lKab-NPIFA/s400/TWEET%2B3.jpg[/img]

Is it right for him to be using Toyota and Range Rover? Why not use his cars exclusively to encourage us?

http://yarnvibes.com/innoson-motors-chairman-drives-foreign-suvs-want-us-buy-cars/

I think he has d right to use other cars, n technically check it is made n improve or copy them n make another car out of it..... una dey here dey gossip person dey find him belly
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
dandollaz:
Some people will not allow igbos to reast.na wetin?abeg leave the man jor,if you go to zuckersberg house and see him opening nairaland or whatapp you will still complain.meanwhile pic that you were in his house or go and die.

And Nigerians moan about tribalism. What are you exhibiting here? I have seen some contributors with obvious Yoruba names in support of Innoson, and some Igbo posters against him.

Pin your flaps back, and listen - this is NOT about tribe, it's about what is perceived as right or wrong. The world does NOT see tribe, they see Nigeria.

Luckily, Innoson and his team are nothing like you. They respond with maturity, and common sense. If they were like you, IVM would most likely not exist today. Learn to be civil, and understand that everyone DOES have an opinion, and the right to air them. If you don't agree with a poster, simply let them know, and back up your arguments with facts, not verbal abuse.

4 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by torddy4u(m): 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
dammy13:
Innoson Motors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars - IT'S A LIE, INNOSON MOTORS REPLIES

[img]http://1.bp..com/-nSrvKYhvA6c/VqR5szWzx7I/AAAAAAAANJE/-dx9TARepPw/s1600/NIGERIA%2B1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-MMlVBjgz9SI/VqR5t6494uI/AAAAAAAANJI/a1F1hHHxJ3Y/s1600/NIGERIA%2B2.jpg[/img]

A guy, NEDU, visited the compound of Innoson's Chairman in Nnewi and saw all the big cars the man is using, but his Made-in-Nigeria cars was not among. Why? See the company's reaction...

[img]http://2.bp..com/-1IIfy-YkkKg/VqR5uV0AxHI/AAAAAAAANJU/Tm7Tmq_MD3U/s1600/TWEET%2B1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-xlB2T9jRny8/VqR5vEZ-nvI/AAAAAAAANJc/-aznKPymQ3o/s1600/TWEET%2B2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-QR2Rv2DFvu0/VqR5v8MUUlI/AAAAAAAANJk/5qxMordQkxk/s400/TWEET%2B4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ns0c6UMlE1U/VqR5wuAoXZI/AAAAAAAANJs/0lKab-NPIFA/s400/TWEET%2B3.jpg[/img]

Is it right for him to be using Toyota and Range Rover? Why not use his cars exclusively to encourage us?

http://yarnvibes.com/innoson-motors-chairman-drives-foreign-suvs-want-us-buy-cars/

I think he has d right to use other cars, n technically check how it is made n improve or copy them..... una dey here dey gossip person dey find him belly
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
chinchum:

Thank you, I couldn't have put this better myself.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by sweetgala(m): 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
GogetterMD:
That my daddy has a pure water factory doesn't mean I shouldn't buy bottled water when I'm out.
But what do I know undecided lipsrsealed

Your daddy - You

Do you see how that works, you and your father are different people and where you have no immediate stake in his business there is no conflict of interest. Thou it would be great if you are not seen in public using pure water from a different company.

Also Pure water - bottled water are different things so far they are different products
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
Just like saying Nigeria still produced crude but buys pms outside

Can't these people and lazy imps let igbo be

These days ..igbos are their nightmare
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by sweetgala(m): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
whirlwind7:
Well, that he owns Innoson doesn't mean he should dump his other cars now, does it?

Someone from Innoson had replied that the man drives the Landmark SUV. Actually, it will cost him very little to drive and maintain any brand of Innoson vehicles because servicing and spare parts replacement would be very easy for him. He is the one person with the most confidence to use this brand, due to this convenience. That's simple logic.

Dild you expect ALL the vehicles he drives to line up for your inspection because you visited his home?

Don't make any silly excuses, if the man believed in what he makes, if he is the sole proprietor of a company promoting made in Nigeria cars he should only drive those vehicles

Nobody proves a point by halves
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by sweetgala(m): 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
247Dior:
Any evidence?

We don't needs evidence the official company account verified he has a range and s Toyota guessing that is s land cruiser of some sort
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
What if innosson buys a Benz to understudy the mechanics of Benz what if he buys BMW to understand the handling of BMW what I'd he buys a Porsche to understand the fine acceroatio and make modifications in new models of his car

This is called research ..when you learn from other sources

I just don't know why the black man is daft and always wanting to pull his fellow black down especially Nigeria blacks

They are the most terrible set of niggers I have seen ...why should igbo be I. Same country with these people ?

I just need a clear answers because I am not getting it
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by sweetgala(m): 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dio1:
He drives 3 of his cars, if that's not good enough , then I don't know. You can never satisfy Nigerians. The Nedu guy probably has never had any intention of driving an Innoson Product. John Chen(CEO Blackberry)s wife uses a Samsung , it's no big deal.

His wife not him, his wife has no stake in BlackBerry and for all intent and purposes all she is to BlackBerry is the woman married to John Chen and nothing more. She is not required to use only BlackBerry devices.

For instance Schumacher through his Ferrari years drove Fiat group vehicles his while was not obliged to do same.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Most of these guys talking Bullshits here against that dude don't even have a fairly used car to their name ....this is what broke ass niggers do ...pull others down

If he has Lamborghini and Ferrari and so what

He ain't begging you to to buy.. He has his clients

Cut this dude some slaks
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
christopher123:
What if innosson buys a Benz to understudy the mechanics of Benz what if he buys BMW to understand the handling of BMW what I'd he buys a Porsche to understand the fine acceroatio and make modifications in new models of his car

I just don't know why the black man is daft and always wanting to pull his fellow black down especially Nigeria blacks

They are the most terrible set of niggers I have seen ...why should igbo be I. Same country with these people ?

innoson does NOT manufacture cars so you need a different line.

he is importing knocked down GAC Zhejiang Gonow Auto vehicles, assembling and selling.

if anyone is going to 'drive bmws for research' it would be engineers from GAC.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by skyhighweb(m): 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
christopher123:

yeah studying it at home abi? not at the factory,
oh n thats is how apple sued samsung n that is how microsoft studied apple see how the companies are getting along very fine.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
skyhighweb:
yeah studying it at home abi? not at the factory,
oh n thats is how apple sued samsung n that is how microsoft studied apple see how the companies are getting along very fine.

Do you really understand how things happen

Let me give you an insight

I will buy a Samsung phone and as a producer I can dismantle it and study their mechnics in view to improving my own

Now I know that you have never produced a cup before ..so why should I engage an arm chair critic here

Pls don't respond me ...

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by IyfeNamikaze(m): 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
oyb:

he is importing knocked down GAC Zhejiang Gonow Auto vehicles, assembling and selling.

look at this Yoruba tout trying to sound intelligent. smh.. a tribe that can't even produce ordinary kill and dry rat poison? Awo had to order it from ariaria market.
what else do you lots know order than pulling people Down? leave that your rusted brown roof shithole disgrace of a region and take a trip to nnewi to the innoson factory and see things for your self. ewu!
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
oyb:

And who manufactures car..I just don't get it how some black men reasons

It is baffling ..this pull him down mentality is really affecting you mentally

Now let me break modern manufacturing down the way I will break for my kg 1 kid ..I know that in your view you will think manufacturing is producing bolts to engine block ...you have not come across the word outsourcing before

Now this is the lecture and don't quote me again if I am done with you

Mr Okoro lives in Aba he goes to the market to buy an yards of Italian linen then buys threads and needles that are made in India then he goes ahead and buys zip made In Hong Kong then the buttons are made in Vietnam then he sows the linen with his machine that is made in china in his Aba factory. After her is done sowing the linen to a beautiful suits ...the suits is just MADE IN NIGERIA or even MADE IN ABA

this is the concept of modern manufacturing

Benz plugs and electronics are manufactured by Bosch
The sound system by Bose

They outsource manufacturing of these things even engine all that Benz will do is give them specifications and draw these designs

Now co and watch Tom and Jerry

We should not be having this discussion.

Good day

2 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by jantavanta(m): 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
He has made a big mistake in the world of product branding and loyalty. How many MTN execs dare openly use GLO and ETISALAT as backups?

I want him to succeed, but it seems there is more to being an auto manufacturer beyond assembling CKDs, whose design engineers should have been the ones testing the Range Rover.

He should learn from our criticisms, because he has many silent admirers who still dream of Made-in-Nigeria autos.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

look at this Yoruba tout trying to sound intelligent. smh.. a tribe that can't even produce ordinary kill and dry rat poison? Awo had to order it from ariaria market.
what else do you lots know order than pulling people Down? leave that your rusted brown roof shithole disgrace of a region and take a trip to nnewi to the innoson factory and see things for your self. ewu!

I have given him a crash course on modern manufacturing

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

it can't be helped if you are little better than an illiterate

there is no real difference between innoson and most big diesel generator sellers

they brand them jubaili, sakr etc, but they are mostly knocked down fg wilson perkins engine generators.

thank me for teaching you something today smiley

you clearly have zero idea of teh difference between running a manufacturing concern and an assembling concern

you also have very little idea of business beyond trading which is why the concept of building consumer confidence in your brand is alien to you.

rather you jump on your howling ibo master tribe train and start wailing.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by RickyTan: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
I know plenty of entrepreneurs that own restaurants and yet they EAT somewhere else.
Some make Pizza but they go weeks without eating Pizza.

Nedu has NO point other than hating
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by dbestuncle: 5:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
I think he needs to use other made to even knw how to perfect his car. am a Nigerian and I don't understand y the federal, state and the local Government won't drive innoson as their official and even buy them for the police and military. shame on the Nigerian leaders Bubu why is your Govt still importing n planning to import cars wen innoson is here.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
oyb:

it can't be helped if you are little better than an illiterate

there is no real difference between innoson and most big diesel generator sellers

they brand them jubaili, sakr etc, but they are mostly knocked down fg wilson perkins engine generators.

thank me for teaching you something today smiley

you clearly have zero idea of teh difference between running a manufacturing concern and an assembling concern

you also have very little idea of business beyond trading which is why the concept of building consumer confidence in your brand is alien to you.

rather you jump on your howling ibo master tribe train and start wailing.

Why don't you brand your own
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
christopher123:

And who manufactures car..I just don't get it how some black men reasons

It is baffling ..this pull him down mentality is really affecting you mentally

Now let me break modern manufacturing down the way I will break for my kg 1 kid ..I know that in your view you will think manufacturing is producing bolts to engine block ...you have not come across the word outsourcing before

Now this is the lecture and don't quote me again if I am done with you

Mr Okoro lives in Aba he goes to the market to buy an yards of Italian linen then buys threads and needles that are made in India then he goes ahead and buys zip made In Hong Kong then the buttons are made in Vietnam then he sows the linen with his machine that is made in china in his Aba factory. After her is done sowing the linen to a beautiful suits ...the suits is just MADE IN NIGERIA or even MADE IN ABA

this is the concept of modern manufacturing

Benz plugs and electronics are manufactured by Bosch
The sound system by Bose

They outsource manufacturing of these things even engine all that Benz will do is give them specifications and draw these designs

Now co and watch Tom and Jerry

We should not be having this discussion.

Good day

kindly stop highlighting your crass ignorance

this is not a beer parlour

you completely fail to realise that innoson merely imports knocked down parts and assembles them

he has no say whatsoever in the design process of the vehicle. the entire process - designing, specifying the parts, drawing up bill of materials, sourcing for suppliers, prototyping, building, testing, he is not in that loop.

he is simply a trader, representing GAC, who actually do all of the things mentioned.

it is unfortunate that you are a simpleton who thinks manufacturing is simply assembling cars like lego blocks .

you are symptomatic of what nl has fallen to.

typical illiterate who thinks are car is simply a 'piece' to sell, and has no idea of the process by which the car comes about

that may be why innoson is leery of driving his cars full time.

indigenous chinese cars today are cheap copycat knockoff of western models with substandard parts and bypassing of numerous safety standards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission / Ghana Has Kantanka Automobile, Nigeria Has Innoson (PHOTOS) / Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.