Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,095 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

[b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] (3463 Views)

How To Identify The Deity That Called Your General Overseer Into Ministry / Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Don't Haste Into Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by sonofthunder: 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
barnabas91:

wow
thanks so much
actually d person who gave me d prophecy dont know from adam, i sluggishly follow my sis to d ministry 4yrs ago, he was even an invited quest.
He was either revealing a secret frm d past and solution to it, mine was about my calling, as at den i know God want to use me.

I notice, i recieve opposition when i fast or pray deeply.
D simple truth is that, i feel lonely when i diligently serve him, i also feel disturbed and without peace of mind wen i miss it.
Its nt easy obeying his call i must tell u
and whatever i do dat doesnt go in line, it will crumble at d long run.
Do u experience this
barnabas91:

wow
thanks so much
actually d person who gave me d prophecy dont know from adam, i sluggishly follow my sis to d ministry 4yrs ago, he was even an invited quest.
He was either revealing a secret frm d past and solution to it, mine was about my calling, as at den i know God want to use me.

D simple truth is that, i feel lonely when i diligently serve him, i also feel disturbed and without peace of mind wen i miss it.
Do u experience this
barnabas91:

wow
thanks so much

Do u experience this
..." I notice, i recieve opposition when i
fast or pray deeply.
D simple truth is that, i feel lonely
when i diligently serve him, i also feel
disturbed and without peace of mind
wen i miss it.
Its nt easy obeying his call i must tell
u
and whatever i do dat doesnt go in
line, it will crumble at d long run."...
this is so true, I can relate
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by sonofthunder: 9:16am On Feb 02, 2016
barnabas91:
very willing i know u r one of God's chosen can u share ur experience with us
I do sometimes see myself preaching in a dream or going after 'lost sheep'.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by mimopel(f): 10:21am On Feb 02, 2016
Am religiously following this thread....analice i sent u a pm
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by sonofthunder: 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
mimopel:
Am religiously following this thread....analice i sent u a pm
welcome
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 12:35am On Mar 13, 2016
sonofthunder:

I do sometimes see myself preaching in a dream or going after 'lost sheep'.
sir have you embrace the calling?
Do you now preach in the physical realm to the lost souls?
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by sonofthunder: 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
barnabas91:

sir have you embrace the calling?
Do you now preach in the physical realm to the lost souls?
you mean I never replied this mention for so long... well I'm in a learning/developmental stage... bro, its not easy.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
sonofthunder:

you mean I never replied this mention for so long... well I'm in a learning/developmental stage... bro, its not easy.
yea, i understand.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by enm(m): 3:06am On Aug 26, 2016
Please you people should come and update this thread
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 26, 2016
enm:
Please you people should come and update this thread

True that.
Also, there was something analice107 said which I don't totally agree with. I'll quote it and share my thoughts on it later.
But first, this thread needs updating.

cc
barnabas91
analice107
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by analice107: 8:27am On Aug 26, 2016
93Music:

True that.
Also, there was something analice107 said which I don't totally agree with. I'll quote it and share my thoughts on it later.
But first, this thread needs updating.

cc
barnabas91
analice107
Ok, am open to corrections. what i say?
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Ranchhoddas: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2016
analice107:

HahahahahahahahaHHHa. Why am I mentioned here? Pls ask the Holy Ghost. When I needed to know, I went on three days dry fast. And he told me. So ask him, not me.
You are a preacher?
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 26, 2016
analice107:

Ok, am open to corrections. what i say?

Hi, nice to meet you.
Just so you know, I'm new to NL and you were the first person to make an impression on me in the Religion section (actually, I was like "wow, so these kinda people are here too"wink
On that note, I think I may have to go re-read what I said I didn't agree with (lol) cuz most of what I read from you here and from other threads are on point.
However, now's not a good time for me but I'll try to share my thoughts before the end of the day.
Have a great day
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
analice107:

...I was very confused as to what that could mean. I started praying for revelation, then I heard a voice (but not with my ears, it was inside of me) which said to me..

This is how I get my revelations. I don't ask for them. If you do, Satan will infiltrate and decieve you.
DO NOT, NEVER ASK FOR REVELATIONS. God will give you revelations when he wants.

OK, here I believe it's very okay to ask God to reveal what you don't know to you but the key to receiving that revelation is first knowing how God speaks to you which is always through your spirit. You can only miss God by looking to the natural, you can never miss Him when you look to the Holy Spirit who lives in your spirit.
Satan has no business with a regenerated spirit. In fact, he can't come near cuz that's where God dwells in us. He can only mess with your mind if you let him and you'd be deceived if you were looking to your mind to hear from God rather than your spirit.

As for the last part, "Gold will give you revelations when He wants" I also disagree. You see you has to ask for the meaning of your dream before He gave it to you.
It is scriptural to ask for revelations
Mark 4:11, 21-22, James 1:5, Proverbs 25:2,
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
analice107:

I think you have the gift of Faith and of healing.
I hope you know that there's nothing like deliverance Ministry?

Pray for the sick often. And don't make a habit of looking for demons to cast. When you come by the sick, pray for the sick, when you come by a demon possessed person, cast out the demon. Jesus didn't go about looking for demons to cast. He Went about preaching the good news, when he met the demon possessed, he healed them. If you make your Christian work, a demon casting ministry, you won't last long in the ministry, because they will gang up against you and ambush. You know, there's no way you'll live sinless all your life.

Preach the good news more. Be rudeless with demons when you come across them. But don't pursue them.

Okay, where do I even start with this one?

First, in dealing with people, you cannot tell them what you think (referring to your comment "I think you have the gift of faith"wink especially when they're looking for guidance, you need to be led by the Spirit. In Jn. 16:13 you'll see clearly that the Holy Spirit in guiding us into truth won't even speak of Himself so...

As for the praying for the sick and casting out devils, you can't do it because you think it's the right thing to do, else you'd just leave people with questions about why it didn't work. You must be led by the Spirit. Jesus did not cast out devils according to His will Jn 5:19, 5:30,12:49-50
Even Peter and John who came to the temple to pray everyday could not heal the lame man who sat by the gate everyday until they were led (Acts 3)
Likewise, Paul in Acts 16 could not cast out the devil in the girl who troubled his spirit for several days until....

As for the statements below, they were the most heart wrenching for me.

" If you make your Christian work, a demon casting ministry, you won't last long in the ministry, because they will gang up against you and ambush. You know, there's no way you'll live sinless all your life."
Tens of thousands of demons could not touch a Christian who knows both who and Whose s/he is. Ps. 91:7, Isa. 59:19, Deut. 28:7, Mark 16:7

And sincerely sister, there's a way to live sinless all your life (I used to think there wasn't until I found the way). I'm doing a write up on this and will share it asap and I pray you see that 1Jn. 3:9 is real and needs no explanation.

I don't know if you've read this book: The Ministry Gifts by Kenneth Hagin. It is definitely a good read for understanding your place in Christ.

cc
barnabas91
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
93Music:

Okay, where do I even start with this one?

First, in dealing with people, you cannot tell them what you think (referring to your comment "I think you have the gift of faith"wink especially when they're looking for guidance, you need to be led by the Spirit. In Jn. 16:13 you'll see clearly that the Holy Spirit in guiding us into truth won't even speak of Himself so...

As for the praying for the sick and casting out devils, you can't do it because you think it's the right thing to do, else you'd just leave people with questions about why it didn't work. You must be led by the Spirit. Jesus did not cast out devils according to His will Jn 5:19, 5:30,12:49-50
Even Peter and John who came to the temple to pray everyday could not heal the lame man who sat by the gate everyday until they were led (Acts 3)
Likewise, Paul in Acts 16 could not cast out the devil in the girl who troubled his spirit for several days until....

As for the statements below, they were the most heart wrenching for me.

" If you make your Christian work, a demon casting ministry, you won't last long in the ministry, because they will gang up against you and ambush. You know, there's no way you'll live sinless all your life."
Tens of thousands of demons could not touch a Christian who knows both who and Whose s/he is. Ps. 91:7, Isa. 59:19, Deut. 28:7, Mark 16:7

And sincerely sister, there's a way to live sinless all your life (I used to think there wasn't until I found the way). I'm doing a write up on this and will share it asap and I pray you see that 1Jn. 3:9 is real and needs no explanation.

I don't know if you've read this book: The Ministry Gifts by Kenneth Hagin. It is definitely a good read for understanding your place in Christ.

cc
barnabas91

thanks for your contriubution.
I believe a man ways are right before God and he is vibrant, the demons can't touch him.

Ive experienced one before, where a demon spoke out of a boy on my way from a friend's house, this happened 4years ago in a village during my ND days. I was in shock, the voice that the 9year old boy uttered was like that of a man, he kept saying he knows me and he will attack me that night, that i think he doesnt know me.

Till today, thats still amaze me.
I prayed thatnight and slept like a baby.

I will be waiting for that piece on how to live sinless,av got my weakness and i need to deal with it seriously.

If only i can, i knw where i will be in the ministry by nw.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
barnabas91:

thanks for your contriubution.
I believe a man ways are right before God and he is vibrant, the demons can't touch him.

Ive experienced one before, where a demon spoke out of a boy on my way from a friend's house, this happened 4years ago in a village during my ND days. I was in shock, the voice that the 9year old boy uttered was like that of a man, he kept saying he knows me and he will attack me that night, that i think he doesnt know me.

Till today, thats still amaze me.
I prayed thatnight and slept like a baby.

I will be waiting for that piece on how to live sinless,av got my weakness and i need to deal with it seriously.

If only i can, i knw where i will be in the ministry by nw.

Yea I've been where you are. The sin problem is such that if you don't deal with it, it'll deal with you. No matter how deep you get in God, once you fall into sin, you find yourself back at the start asking for mercy and pleading the Blood for cleansing. Then you begin with God again and just when you think you're never going back, you find yourself at mercy's door. It's like a cycle that keeps Christians as babes perpetually but praise God there's a way out.

I'll try to hurry up with the write up but I must admit that this weekend is crazy for me and I don't know what the week ahead holds but just to know that one more person will break free from sin's fierce grip gives me so much joy.
Re: [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] by barnabas91: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
93Music:

Yea I've been where you are. The sin problem is such that if you don't deal with it, it'll deal with you. No matter how deep you get in God, once you fall into sin, you find yourself back at the start asking for mercy and pleading the Blood for cleansing. Then you begin with God again and just when you think you're never going back, you find yourself at mercy's door. It's like a cycle that keeps Christians as babes perpetually but praise God there's a way out.

I'll try to hurry up with the write up but I must admit that this weekend is crazy for me and I don't know what the week ahead holds but just to know that one more person will break free from sin's fierce grip gives me so much joy.

thats true
God help us

i will b expecting

analice107 where are u, thanks for your contribution, i feel in my spirit that there is something u want to share. Pls do

(1) (2) (Reply)

Selman: A Most Dangerous Weapon In Satan's Arsenal / Treament Of Women Before Islam And Lies Spread By Islam. / Farewell To Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.