Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Farewell To Nairaland. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Farewell To Nairaland. (3480 Views)

Farewell To A Beautiful Forum / Reinhard Bonnke's 2017 Crusade Farewell In Lagos, Nigeria (Pictures - Day 1) / Reinhard Bonnke Arrives In Nigeria For The Farewell Crusade In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farewell To Nairaland. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
I am a Christian, I cannot be in a forum where my God is being ridiculed by some persons including the founder of the forum. My Bible teaches me that, blessed is he who is not found in the company of the ungodly. I registered in nairaland last year after many years of visiting because I thought it was a forum to meet and interact with fellow Nigerians. I have suddenly come to realize that there is a conspiracy to ridicule the Christian faith and turn young Christians into atheists. I am a solid Christian and nothing can derail me from my faith, but I can't stand the number of baby Christians who get confused and carried away with all this Atheist and anti-christain posts I find on front page.
*modified*
I came to this conclusion after reading some of seun osewa's posts on Christianity.
With this I say farewell to all nairalanders.

7 Likes

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Please delete your facebook too , mark is an atheist undecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecided

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Safe Journey
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Tolexander: 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Unique04:
I am a Christian, I cannot be in a forum where my God is being ridiculed by some persons including the founder of the forum. My Bible teaches me that, blessed is he who is not found in the company of the ungodly. I registered in nairaland last year after many years of visiting because I thought it was a forum to meet and interact with fellow Nigerians. I have suddenly come to realize that there is a conspiracy to ridicule the Christian faith and turn young Christians into atheists. I am a solid Christian and nothing can derail me from my faith, but I can't stand the number of baby Christians who get confused and carried away with all this Atheist and anti-christain posts I find on front page. With this I say farewell to all nairalanders.
bi oko kan ko regbinrin, egbegberun e a lo

Oja oyingbo ko mo pe enikan o wa.

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by lifezone247(m): 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
Unique04:
I am a Christian, I cannot be in a forum where my God is being ridiculed by some persons including the founder of the forum. My Bible teaches me that, blessed is he who is not found in the company of the ungodly. I registered in nairaland last year after many years of visiting because I thought it was a forum to meet and interact with fellow Nigerians. I have suddenly come to realize that there is a conspiracy to ridicule the Christian faith and turn young Christians into atheists. I am a solid Christian and nothing can derail me from my faith, but I can't stand the number of baby Christians who get confused and carried away with all this Atheist and anti-christain posts I find on front page. With this I say farewell to all nairalanders.
good bye, the forum is not made for you who loves religion anyways. undecided

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Unique04:

Stop using facebook and whatsapp too because the owner is an athiest, and make sure you stop using google too

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by lifezone247(m): 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
DJHANDSOME:
Please delete your facebook too , mark is an atheist undecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
no mind the mumu, she should not even be in any social network @ all cos all social network has its own religion and believe of all kind, it's not Masefield Christians alone.
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by AnotherSeun(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
sister Nkiru,,, i have just checked ur most active section on nairaland...and it says POLITICS,CELEBRITIES, CRIME...ur sef proclaimed righteousness is a known False...how can some who feels a public forum like dis is meant for the atheist only but yu seldomly browse the religious section...
This only shows one thing,,that yu r looking for cheap attention cos ur so bored all alone sitting without being noticed by anyone and yu need some to lighten up ur day...Pm me if this is the case..

2 Likes

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by MrKamar(m): 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
Op na small thing remain, I for call you baskat eh I swear. In fact baskat grin grin grin
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by alakara(m): 9:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
Op you can sign my petition i wrote now concerning christian board.
Dont leave the forum we can get our own board.

Unique04
Seun
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Sirmuel1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
I'm a very solid christian too grin

But I know more than 5 religions that are better than both christianity and Islam.
Have u ever thought about this: what if we are on the road path? grin what if we are all going the wrong direction? grin

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by hertz9te(m): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Unique04:
you didnt have to type all that na,just smashing ur phone against the wall would have saved you all this trouble and time 2.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by hertz9te(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Sirmuel1:
I'm a very solid christian too grin

But I know more than 5 religions that are better than both christianity and Islam.
Have u ever thought about this: what if we are on the road path? grin what if we are all going the wrong direction? grin

its religion nt a popularity contest
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by KnightRod(m): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
Op, don't mind the contentious people above..

You choose not be found in the council of the ungodly, then avoid any atheism thread or threads that reveal plots against Christians.. The times are dangerous.. Hold fast to the faith which you profess..

You really don't have to deactivate.. Spread the gospel.. To those who do not believe.. Make them believe, do the best you can..

If there's a fight against the christian faith.. You have to stand up and fight.. Running away just shows the unbelievers are right about the weakness of our faith..

God bless you and I hope you reconsider..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by otemanuduno: 11:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
Unique04:
I am a Christian, I cannot be in a forum where my God is being ridiculed by some persons including the founder of the forum. My Bible teaches me that, blessed is he who is not found in the company of the ungodly. I registered in nairaland last year after many years of visiting because I thought it was a forum to meet and interact with fellow Nigerians. I have suddenly come to realize that there is a conspiracy to ridicule the Christian faith and turn young Christians into atheists. I am a solid Christian and nothing can derail me from my faith, but I can't stand the number of baby Christians who get confused and carried away with all this Atheist and anti-christain posts I find on front page.
*modified*
I came to this conclusion after reading some of seun osewa's posts on Christianity.
With this I say farewell to all nairalanders.

Bye bye. See ya later. Buh anywhere you are, just know that Reverad is the father of jehovah and all the other gods you have ever heard about. Safe journey.

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Ranchhoddas: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
The truth should not fear scrutiny. That you are afraid of your beliefs being put under the microscope makes it more suspicious. Good riddance!

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by CAPSLOCKED: 11:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
I HOPE AFTER DELETING YOUR FACEBOOK AND WHATSAP LIKE OTHERS SUGGESTED,

YOU'LL FLING THAT YOUR SCRAB ANDROID PHONE, OR IPHONE2 OR BB CURVE 1 YOU'RE USING.

IF YOU HAVE A LAPTOP / DESKTOP DONATE IT TO ANY CYBER CAFE AROUND YOU.

DON'T EVEN ROCK JEWELRIES OR WATCHES CUZ THEY'RE ALL OWNED AND INVENTED BY THE DEVIL.

CHEERS!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by petra1(m): 12:12am On Jul 02, 2016
@OP,
I know many people who have left posting here for similar reasons. When their righteous souls for grieved .

But you don't have to leave,you should shine your light rather .if we all leave , who will answer all the hungry souls who comes to view the site. When people come and read the mockery and blasphemy of the evil . Let them also see your response by the side. Let the the holy spirit be do the rest . David was in that position once . Until he went into the sanctuary

Psalms 73:2-14 (KJV)

But as for me, my feet were almost gone;
my steps had well nigh slipped.
For I was envious at the foolish,
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
For there are no bands in their death:
but their strength is firm.
They are not in trouble as other men;
neither are they plagued like other men.
Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain;
violence covereth them as a garment.
Their eyes stand out with fatness:
they have more than heart could wish.
They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression:
they speak loftily.
They set their mouth against the heavens,
and their tongue walketh through the earth.
Therefore his people return hither:
and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
And they say, How doth God know?
and is there knowledge in the most High?
Behold, these are the ungodly,
who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain,
and washed my hands in innocency.
For all the day long have I been plagued,
and chastened every morning. . .When I thought to know this,
it was too painful for me;
Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
then understood I their end.[/b]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Touchnot01: 1:15am On Jul 02, 2016
I wont ask you to rescind your decision Op. But i want you to know that there is a difference between atheists and anti-theists.
An atheist does not believe in God, An anti-theist dedicates their lives to fighting God.

Do not listen to the vengeful and deluded indviduals who have commented, The founder of whatsapp, facebook or google do not use their medium to propagate atheism neither do they dedicate their lives to defaming christianity. They understand the meaning of unbelief. Todays atheists are not different from stalin, hitler and others. The will do all in their power to fight God and religion.
Atheism has totalitarian tendencies, just imagine an atheist telling someone not to watch a t.v show hosted by an atheist, or not to use facebook. Atheists should be grateful that we are not as irrational as they are else they'd all be dead or in the jungle eating leaves.

Most christians know what nairaland stands for. Some people are only here because of other christians. Some are watching from the sidelines. Like someone said earlier, atheism will continue to be the angrytime keeper of christianity.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Seun(m): 7:38am On Jul 02, 2016
When I decided to post bold threads like "Why Faith Is Bad", "The Salvation Plan", and "Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ", I knew there would be some negative consequences. However, it's not fair to say I'm using Nairaland to promote atheism on this basis, none of my these bold threads have been posted on the home page. These threads don't represent the official views of Nairaland Forum. I go out of my way to encourage the supermods to post pro-Christian topics on Sunday and pro-muslim topics on Friday because I think we need to make Nairaland members of every religion happy. Nairaland is not an atheist forum, it's a Nigerian forum and religious because we are religious.

But I felt a strong need to express myself boldly because I truly feel that the idea of believing in things by faith rather than by evidence is destroying Nigeria and humanity. This idea of "don't confuse me with the facts because my mind is already made up", is a very bad poison that is killing us all. Once you give lot of people the idea that it is virtuous to stubbornly cling to their beliefs by choice regardless of whether the evidence of those beliefs are strong or not, or whether they make sense or not, you end up with conflicts that simply cannot be resolved.

Take the problem of Israel in the Middle East. Setting up a Jewish state by seizing land in a location where they would be surrounded by hostile muslim countries was an incredibly dumb idea. Anyone with half a brain can see this. But if you had raised this obvious issue with the people who set up the Jewish state, they would have told you to shut up because that is the promised land. It doesn't matter if the land is in a desert and surrounded by enemies; it's the promised land. Many wars have been fought and many people have died because of this dumb idea. That's an example of the kind of damage that faith-based decision-making is doing to the world. It causes smart people to make terrible decisions.

31 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Funjosh(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2016
BeastAmbition:

Stop using facebook and whatsapp too because the owner is an athiest, and make sure you stop using google too

Mark is an atheist, but does it goes about it the way Seun does here on Nairaland

Well this is a forum and he owns it anyway.

1 Like

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by kaboninc(m): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Seun:
When I decided to post bold threads like "Why Faith Is Bad", "The Salvation Plan", and "Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ", I knew there would be some negative consequences. However, it's not fair to say I'm using Nairaland to promote atheism on this basis, none of my aggressive threads have been posted on the home page. These threads don't represent the official views of Nairaland Forum. I go out of my way to encourage the supermods to post pro-Christian topics on Sunday and pro-muslim topics on Friday because I think we need to make Nairaland members of every religion happy. Nairaland is not an atheist forum, it's a Nigerian forum and religious because we are religious.

But I felt a strong need to express myself boldly because I truly feel that the idea of believing in things by faith rather than by evidence is destroying Nigeria and humanity. This idea of "don't confuse me with the facts because my mind is already made up", is a very bad poison that is killing us all. Once you give lot of people the idea that it is virtuous to stubbornly cling to beliefs by choice regardless of whether the evidence of those beliefs are strong or not, or whether they make sense or not, you end up with conflicts that simply cannot be resolved.

Take the problem of Israel in the Middle East. Setting up a Jewish state by seizing land in a location where they would be surrounded by hostile muslim countries was an incredibly dumb idea. Anyone with half a brain can see this. But if you had raised this obvious issue with the people who set up the Jewish state, they would have told you to shut up because that is the promised land. It doesn't matter if the land is in a desert and surrounded by enemies; it's the promised land. Many wars have been fought and many people have died because of this dumb idea. That's an example of the kind of damage that faith-based decision-making is doing to the world. It causes smart people to make awful decisions.

I've been reading your opinions and responses to issues relating to if God exists or not. And all this time, you have been using logic and science to explain phenomenons that even science cannot provide concrete evidence. I hope I will be able to create some time for us to discuss and talk more about it.
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by ichommy(m): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2016
^^^^^^
Oga Don talk above. Nice reply.
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by ichommy(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2016
Funjosh:

Mark is an atheist, but does it goes about it the way Seun does here on Nairaland

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 02, 2016
Funjosh:

Nairaland is a forum. A forum is a place where people can exchange opinions and ideas on different issue, so don't equate it with facebook, it is totally different from the other

You mean he has no right to voice his opinion because he owns it?
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Mediapace: 8:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Seun a day will come for me and you to tackle ourself on this atheist issue

i'll make sure i convert you back to chrisTIAN And destroy all the thought of atheist in your heart

JESUS IS COMING SOON BE READY
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by ValentineMary(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2016
Who u epp @ OP

But u don't expect atheist to relocate when u start making noise in night vigil abi? u want them to stay and listen to the "good news" bloody bigot.

7 Likes

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by ValentineMary(m): 8:14am On Jul 02, 2016
Mediapace:
Seun a day will come for me and you to tackle ourself on this atheist issue

i'll make sure i convert you back to chrisTIAN And destroy all the thought of atheist in your heart

JESUS IS COMING SOON BE READY
This one sabi dream ooo. I like ur spirit sha THINK BIG but don't think the impossible.
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Weah96: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2016
What would Jesus do?
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Mediapace: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2016
This is a planet where everything is possible hun ?
ValentineMary:

This one sabi dream ooo. I like ur spirit sha THINK BIG but don't think the impossible.
Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by Gayjesus: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2016
Christians used to go slaughter atheists and non believers back in the days. The table is turned now,no more witch burning or witch hunting and killing Gays. They cannot bully others anymore,so they cry like babies. I thought Christianity was about perseverance and tolerance? spineless cowards!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farewell To Nairaland. by 1999pikin: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2016
cry

first of all Ma ..do not leave Narialand. When you
see people going astray it's your duty as a
Christian to bring them to the faith . Often time I
get irritated by the things people post on the
religion section but what can I do ?

What I will say is this ;the ones you can talk to
do so .You can win a soul through this
platform,but I say to you do not argue with them
speak your mind and leave .

Those of you saying she should as well delete her
Facebook Twitter Instagram what ever , on how
many occasions have you seen the founders of
these applications writing against any religion?

what the owner of this forum seun osewa don't
know is that he is a very influential person ..and
by him writing all that is like his turning people
away from their religion (which I know is not his
plan ) . if it were to be a normal individual who
wrote all that [ Why
Faith Is Bad ", " The Salvation Plan ", and "
Evidence
For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ ",]
I believe
many people won't take it very serious , because
we have seen worse post on this forum. .....more
to be said but ........

please ma unique04 do not deactivate enjoy the
good things the forum has to offer .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Archaeology Proves Exodus From Egypt / A Question For Gray Beard / 2019 Winners Personalized Prophetic Declarations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.