Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? (2538 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) / Why Should Christians Attend Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Ishilove: 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
tpiaobsession:

stay off my mentions.

cc naptu.
I don't recall quoting you. You stay off my mentions
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Joagbaje(m): 5:08am On Jan 28, 2016
tpiaobsession:

as you can see from the verse you quoted, Paul sent people to ensure what they heard about you was not the wrong info, and so their confidence in you should not be in vain

Not so sir. You need to understand the background of the storyfrom 1Corinthians. The. Corinthian church were the first. Church to pledge donations . But they didn't redeem the pledges . Paul testified here that though the pledge they made inspired and stirred ,provoked other churches also to do. The same . like the Macedonia church who didn't just get inspired to pledge but we're the first to redeem their pledge but the Corinthians who's faith spurred others did not fulfill their pledge.

Your own emphasis is on provoked, which is wrong, you are quoting the verse out of context in order to drive home a point

Well So long as the point is driven home I'm OK. But if you read my post with neutral mind . I didn't quote out of context.

The provoke in Hebrews 10 23-25 is to encourage or exhorting one another unto good works, you should read the whole verse, not just some parts of it.

Provoke simply means to stir ,stimulate motivate. Which are all forms of being inspired to action

Worship is not being inspired by someone, it is giving adoration or adulation to an entity which should only be God,

It's only you who has been using the term WORSHIP

and should you find yourself being worshiped, you should redirect that worship, praise and glory, back to God who alone is worthy of it

You're right but the only problem is that such crime hasn't been committed yet . A compliment is not worship .

Paul said "FOLLOW ME AS I FOLLOW CHRIST"

If had written that passage you will crucify me . And tell me to remove the "ME" in that passage and leave only ,"CHRIST
But that's not even the verse. I'm referring to .I'm talking about the verse below where he didn't mention Christ but only himself

1 Corinthians 4:16
Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

To the pure all things are pure.. when we become judgemental we will not be able to judge righteous judgement .let's. Look at things from pure perspective.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings / Music: Nathaniel Bassey-olowo Gbogboro / Disappointments/Difficulties Every Atheist Can Relate With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.