Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,326 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . (6981 Views)

Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2016
mekaboy:

You also have no bases to say she doesn't because our economy was better under her. Are you arguing for arguing sake?

Are u saying she just woke up and gave a loan? You seem to know more about this case than buhari, Senate and efcc. Maybe you should just jail her.

The economy felt better because of we sold Crude for over $100 a barrel. If we sold at $27 a barrel, you would have seen how terrible NOI was.

At $68 a barrel, we already borrowed to pay salaries under her and the state governors had to borrow to run the state.
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by 1wolex85: 3:36pm On Jan 25, 2016
mekaboy:

You also have no bases to say she doesn't because our economy was better under her. Are you arguing for arguing sake?

Are u saying she just woke up and gave a loan? You seem to know more about this case than buhari, Senate and efcc. Maybe you should just jail her.

You dont seem to understand arguments. You were the one who was saying she should be appointed, I am saying there is no need for a change because the incumbent has not failed neither does NOI have experience in this particular kind of situation. I am saying, if you say there needs to be a change, give us cogent reasons, facts and not conjectures. Stop turning an argument on its head.

On your second point, I really dont understand how you think! Do you know the meaning of misappropriation? Yes it was a loan, but did she have the right to give out that loan? She clearly passed the buck to GEJ in that letter. I have no control over what efcc does, I am basing my conclusions on verified information that is in the public domain.
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by 1wolex85: 3:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I have read and watch her interviews and I do not see what is the fuss about her.

For instance, Amanpour asked her why is our Power supply so poor under GEJ.

Her reply, we had little to no investment in power before GEJ.

That was a poor and blatant lie. Not smart to me.

If you read some of her replies to Oshomole, like when she listed the governors that received money from the ECA funds, you will see that she missed a lot if points.

Look at her reply on the diversion of the Abacha loot, her reply was that she wrote that the President should watch over it.

I honestly do not find her smart as people make her.

Oga, as I said, I think she is brilliant and that is my opinion. Being black and African and getting into Havard at the time that she did 'is not beans'. As I said, that doesnt mean she is infallible or wont make deliberate mistakes for selfish interest. Babangida and TY Danjuma are two other people I consider as brilliant but have done terrible things.
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by ariesbull: 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Must your point be tribally affiliated. Forget this Igbo and Yoruba thing, and face the fact. Okonjo Iweala is a person and she does not represent all Igbos.

Criticising her mismanagement of the economy is not a target of Igbos.

But we know that yoruba has never been good managers....do you want stats ?
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
1wolex85:

Oga, as I said, I think she is brilliant and that is my opinion. Being black and African and getting into Havard at the time that she did 'is not beans'. As I said, that doesnt mean she is infallible or wont make deliberate mistakes for selfish interest. Babangida and TY Danjuma are two other people I consider as brilliant but have done terrible things.

There are many blacks and Africans who have gone through Havard. I do not look at that as a criteria for smartness but someone who had money to push her education.

There are many Nigerians who could get into Havard but they do not have the money to pursue it. Does that men they are not as smart as those that went in.

At the end, it is a personal opinion. That is why I used "I".
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by arresa: 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
Gbawe:

Look at this bigoted illiterate. The Nigerian economy is seriously troubled because of global challenges, mainly linked to drastically falling oil price, and any halfwit will know that Nigeria, as a mono economy almost entirely dependent on oil, cannot really expect superlative economic growth, strong currency, attraction and retention of foreign direct investment plus job security under this terrible downturn occasioned by our crippling vulnerability to oil price.

As one example, how can jobs be created in a period of economic downturn when Nigeria , as a mono economy almost entirely dependent on crude, has to finance itself on oil selling at £27.00 per barrel when not too long ago she was selling the same for over $100.00 per barrel? Nigeria is a nation where the government is the biggest employer of labour thanks to myopic military leadership, moribund SME sector and the corrupt 16 years of PDP rule. Even a child of 5 can see that government, struggling to even pay salary, will find it fiscally impossible to prevent job losses in a period like this.

Investors in Nigeria have no choice but to retrench workers and consider their option because of the overarching conditions , i.e devastatingly low national income and depreciating currency linked to falling oil price, the government has zero control over. Honestly Seun should consider deleting threads like these because I feel they are the creations of bigoted and sadistic minds. NOI would be in jail in many sane nations or facing the death sentence in China. To suggest she returns to her old job is just proof Nigeria has wicked enemy within parading as 'concerned citizens'.

Well said...
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
ariesbull:

But we know that yoruba has never been good managers....do you want stats ?

Listing people who mismanaged companies does not speak of a whole tribe. I can list a number of Igbo politicians who were absolutely corrupt. Does that mean all Igbo politicians are corrupt and not fit to rule?
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by comos: 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The economy felt better because of we sold Crude for over $100 a barrel. If we sold at $27 a barrel, you would have seen how terrible NOI was.

At $68 a barrel, we already borrowed to pay salaries under her and the state governors had to borrow to run the state.

Stop developing Head-ache because of NOI. she dosen't know if you exist.
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
comos:

Stop developing Head-ache because of NOI. she dosen't know if you exist.

I guess she knows you exist. That is why you are on this thread.

When you are on this forum, you only discuss aboit those who know you exist.
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by ariesbull: 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Listing people who mismanaged companies does not speak of a whole tribe. I can list a number of Igbo politicians who were absolutely corrupt. Does that mean all Igbo politicians are corrupt and not fit to rule?

The problem with you Yoruba is illogicalities

I said mismanagement and never said corruption

The Yoruba has high preponderance of mismanagement and it shows in their businesses and party lives...do you want data ..from the time of awo till now ..how the Yoruba wrecked this country with hausa

Do you you want facts ?
Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
ariesbull:

The problem with you Yoruba is illogicalities

I said mismanagement and never said corruption

The Yoruba has high preponderance of mismanagement and it shows in their businesses and party lives...do you want data ..from the time of awo till now ..how the Yoruba wrecked this country with hausa

Do you you want facts ?

The problem with people like you is that you are so blinded by bigotry to see the truth.

I am not Yoruba. My Dad is from Akwa Ibom state. My mother is from Abia State. I was born and raised in Port Harcourt. So I wonder how I am Yoruba?

When I talked of Corruption, I did not reference that as mismanagement. If you bothered to understand my point, you will know that listing poor Yoruba managers does not mean all Yorubas are poor managers.
Just as listing Corrupt Igbo Politicians does not mean all Igbo Politicians are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Beg Ngozi Okonjo Iweala . by ariesbull: 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The problem with people like you is that you are so blinded by bigotry to see the truth.

I am not Yoruba. My Dad is from Akwa Ibom state. My mother is from Abia State. I was born and raised in Port Harcourt. So I wonder how I am Yoruba?

When I talked of Corruption, I did not reference that as mismanagement. If you bothered to understand my point, you will know that listing poor Yoruba managers does not mean all Yoruba's are poor managers.
Just as listing Corrupt Igbo Politicians does not mean all Igbo Politicians are corrupt.

Highly inmaterial here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel's Prime Minister Recognizes Biafrans As Jews / Oh My God Check Out What Tinubu Did Not Have In 1999 But He Has Now / Nairaland Forum Is A Better Platform Than Twitter Get Your Own Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.