Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,318 members, 7,864,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:53 PM

HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum - TV/Movies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum (72171 Views)

DSTV Open Week: Subscribers To View All Stations Free / All Hitv Subscribers, Pls Sign In Here! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by MyHiDsDaar: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2009
@Safex101 i stand to be corrected
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by urfriend(m): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2009
Hi,

The call centre rep told you that because maybe you told him it was a subscription issue.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2009
Safex101 u are making sense.Myhidsdaar how many transpoder does dstv have?I have never seen dem complianing about d monthly cost of a tranponder
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by tboy81(m): 11:39am On Jul 07, 2009
urfriend:

Hi Phizz,

Please download the attched file and use it to upgrade your strong 4653x decoder.

When upgrading please select the str4653x.stb software first,then go back and select the SRT4651X_4654_MYTV_184P_20090323.ST to do a second upgrade.

Then it will start showing

Bros, where is the attached file in this your earlier post? I'm still having problems of viewing only 3/4 channels on my 4653x decoder too.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 11:50am On Jul 07, 2009
Hello tboy81 i advise u find someone dat has upgraded his/her strong decorder and do a decorder to decorder upgrade expect u want 2 keep recieving 4 channels .Better still u can find someone dat subscribed 4 mytv recently with your decorder brand then u can do d decorder 2 decorder upgrade.After d upgrade make sure u do not do a manual scan or an auto scan. U will have 2 do a blind scan which would bring out d 31 channels. grin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hitv,mytv have lost d rights 2 air cnbc africa. It is now exclusively 4 dstv. I just hope hitv would not lose d rights 4 premiership because dey have lost laliga.So as things stand right now premium 30 channels 6k, classic 27 channels 3.5k. Na wa o tongue
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Emeritus153: 7:53am On Jul 09, 2009
I hv nt subscribed on my hitv bt am using strong decoder 4653x. I blind scan the hitv frequency it shows all the channels. What is the effect of upgrading?. Am not ready 2 subscribe now. Which of those stations wil nt show.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2009
Na wa o,lost cnbc again?if it's true, den it's so obvious dat sumday dey wil lose d EPL and UCL, who dey advise dem self? They kip losing rights and they kip increasing der subs. fee. I stated earlier dat they dnt av good customer relation, have dey cald any press conference to intimate their customers on why their has 2 b an increase and probably y we shld stil stick wit dem?
3500-27, 6000- 30. Wat a way 2 exploit, Proudly ebutemetta west!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Emeritus153: 8:51am On Jul 09, 2009
I badly need somebody to anser my question. How many statiøns i cable of viewin without upgrading my strong 4653x decoder on hitv network. Am using dstv on it presently and i can view every stations on dstv. I don't want 2 bother myself 2 subs 4 hitv if i will nt be able 2 view all their stations without upgradin
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 9:19am On Jul 09, 2009
If u pay 6k,u wud watch all 30channels,if u pay 3.5k,u wud watch 27channels(no football),u can only c all of dis if u upgrade,hitv might use d mytv patch 2 do d upgrade which may nt allow u 2 use ur dstv card on it again(nt so sure)but mine didnt work,i use a strong 4652. Mayb u shld buy anoda decoder!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by ahwuyen(m): 9:41am On Jul 09, 2009
i subs for the 3,5 parkage. since then, the following channels are nt showing: Aljzeera, hisport1 & 2, hisoccer. i dont what is wrong with hitv. the advert on the tv shows that only the 3 football channel will not b on the 3,5 parkage
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2009
Mreds d day hitv loses d right 2 premiership dat is d day dey would pack up doing paytv business.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Dclique(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2009
I will pay for 6000 bouquet in august when da league starts
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Emeritus153: 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2009
6k of hitv with those yeye channels need parliamentary delibration. Tel dem nt to kill person.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by femo7(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2009
Please, can somebody kindly list all the sport channels receivable on the Dstv Compact bouquet? I need to know before subscribing to this package.

Thanks.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2009
Supersport blitz, ss9,ss10, i think ss6 has bn removed(nt seen it in a while), espn, espn classic,
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by topeantony(m): 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2009
please how can i get a patch for hitv decodar that can open etv please
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
Middle east 2 biggest paytv operators,showtime arabia and orbit have offically merged. Hitv ur customers are still waiting 4 a 24 hr dedicated movie channel and better channels. Ur customers are tired of ur hapharzard arrangement. Its mid july and hitv is totally static.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by allboyz(m): 7:08pm On Jul 14, 2009
Hitv what going on? 6k and NO FUN? ITS SAD!
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by donaremu(m): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2009
topeantony:

please how can i get a patch for hitv decodar that can open etv please
@topeantony: it is 6969.
mreds:

Na wa o,lost cnbc again?if it's true, den it's so obvious dat sumday dey wil lose d EPL and UCL, who dey advise dem self? They kip losing rights and they kip increasing der subs. fee. I stated earlier dat they dnt av good customer relation, have dey cald any press conference to intimate their customers on why their has 2 b an increase and probably y we shld stil stick wit dem?
3500-27, 6000- 30. Wat a way 2 exploit, Proudly ebutemetta west!

We thought that HiTV came to break the monopoly of Dstv but we did not know that HiTV was going to be the King of monopoly. Well, I am enjoying the DsTV entertainment with wonderful movies from MM1, MM2, Action, TCM, Mnet, Series,
Maybe, when the league start I will decide whether to subscribe or watch from viewing centres.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by mreds: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2009
Guys, do u think hitv staff reads dis thread at all?i bliv they shld av improved by now if they do.Even if they want to merge,with whom are they going to merge?
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by const6(m): 11:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
@All,

Hitv smart card and decorder is available for sale at a very affordable price.

Any of the card or decorder can also be sold separetely.

If interested, contact me on 080657435 or sinewyconst@yahoo.com
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by micros: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2009
pls, for God"s sake HITV should give customers good movie.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by micros: 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2009
For me, am not bothered about EPL champions league , and CARLING CUP because in the East here we are enjoying all the l eagues with CTL at just 2.5k and they have promised to show us all the matches again these season. And the must exiting thing is that they show them with SHOSPORTS and ALJAZERA. How can we waste our hard earned 6k for Hitv. God forbid.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by soloqy: 11:16pm On Jul 16, 2009
micros:

For me, am not bothered about EPL champions league , and CARLING CUP because in the East here we are enjoying all the l eagues with CTL at just 2.5k and they have promised to show us all the matches again these season. And the must exiting thing is that they show them with SHOSPORTS and ALJAZERA. How can we waste our hard earned 6k for Hitv. God forbid.

Bros, you for just close ya mouth o.

If the Hitv ppl read this, you guys will stop watching the premiership again o.

Except CTL has some kind of arrangement with hitv in the east. I know they had that kind of arrangement with DSTV for the east(Enugu)
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Ochukss(m): 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
Micros is it true dat u have epl and champions leaugue 4 just 2500? Na wa o.Hitv don come partner with dstv to eat nigerians money.As at 17-07-09 hitv does not have a 24hr movie channel.We are paying 6k 4 nothing. If its true dat ctl will show epl and champions leaugue den what am i waiting 4. Hitvigobo-que u have killed nigerians o
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Raskimono: 7:33am On Jul 17, 2009
Hi Tv has a contract with CTL. CTL pays HiTV a fee for its regions. HiTV sub-contracts all premiere league matches in regions where there are smaller cable operators in Nigeria and others. It covers 20% of the costs for the rights.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by MyHiDsDaar: 10:11am On Jul 17, 2009
@Soloq,
My brother Hitv have eyes and ears every where( Urfriend is Here) @All
remember what happened to cmtv in i think cross river or akwa ibom or bayelsa , i cant say for sure, but they had a contract with hitv and for some reasons they overstepped their boundaries, hitv is not ready to joke with their tv media rights, and if Ctl do not have the right to broad cast the leagues then it is bad news for the subscribers and a serious issue for the company especially, cause NCC will get at them , but it would be a wise thing if ctl could at least have an arrangement with Hitv . They blew their opportunity when the had an overwhelming control of the pay tv services in Nigeria Thanks to their directors who made terrible decisions in the past and are still making them up till today. i love ctl and i used to be a subscriber and now i have hitv as well, they are both indigenous companies i pray they grow
thank you
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by micros: 10:17am On Jul 17, 2009
i think CTL is using their right as a cable operator to air all these matches and bet me Hitv do not have right to stop them. They are every where in the eastern state, making their cool morning while hitv is busy collecting 6k from customers in Lagos.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by micros: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2009
MyHiDaar, Hitv no get right to stop CTL from showing those matches . CTL office in Onisha shows those matches while Hitv regional office is in Asaba. They are not hidding it. Go to Owerri, Enugu, Benin, P/h etc they are their with cristal clear pictures of EPL, and Aljazera Champions league. Plus carling cup. In movies they have; mbc4, mbc2, Star movies. All for just 2.5k. Even after their problem with Metro and cmtv, what happened? ofcourse, their customers never stopped watching all those matches. So, go get yours and lets forget Hitv with their 6k.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by Unseen(m): 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2009
@micros
I heard Ctl is 2650k how come you're paying 2500k?
Presently, they have good channel line up and their decoder is just 10k.
Re: HiTV Subscribers Question And Answer Forum by phizz: 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2009
does dis stuff work in lagos, if it, give me addy abeg, i don tire for Hi Rubiish and there wahala,
she na German 1990 and england 1990, be preseason, RUBBISH.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (58) (Reply)

Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed / BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.