Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband (48550 Views)

"My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge / I Denied My Husband Sex Because Of Cigarette Odour - Wife Tells Court / Husband To Divorce Wife For Addiction To Telemundo, Zeeworld (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:53am On Jan 26, 2016
uboma:

Some men are just devils.

I support the woman in the story jare!

Imagine his flimsy excuses for requesting for a divorce.
Bless you, nna.. Very cheap excuses angry cheesy!!

phemmie06:

The woman must be smarter than the man
Of course, she knows what she is doing..
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by hooklover: 7:18am On Jan 26, 2016
Excuzeme:
Too many silly "kids" on Nairaland!
I was expecting people will focus on the "legality" of her request... instead of all these "she is brave" nonsense?
What is "brave" in that "self-defeating" statement she has made?

If she has a Lawyer (someone who is trained on what the law allows), do you think he will allow her make such foolish statement in front of a Judge...... or is that place a 'street fight' corner where we score cheap points meant for the public gallery?

- Are we even aware that the LAW does not support "forced marriage"?
That is, you cant keep a person (male or female) in marriage, against their wish?

- Are people aware that in marriage, both spouses benefit from each other (I am sure the man is also not in the shape she met him, when they got married! maybe she should first try to put the man back in shape) and as such, none of the two can "reverse nature" moreso, none of the two can "prove definitively" that it was the other spouse that cause them to become as they are afterall, unmarried people dont remain how they were, as years go-by. Ageing is a normal and natural process not dependent on any spouse or person

- Are we even aware that "not accepting to a divorce" as she has done, does not in anyway prevent the divorce from being granted by the court?

Ofcourse, these Judges at times want to see if they can take the "easy option" (both spouses want a divorce and just divorce ...straight.) but where this is not possible, judges will first adjourn the case (with the hope that they will use the time to try to settle), but when they come back and one party still insists that he/she will not remain married to the to other spouse, the court has no choice than to grant a divorce.....
.. since you cant force anyone to be married to another, against their will -.... it will be an infringement on their right to "freedom of association", as enshrined in the constitution!

As a matter of fact, l am sure the judge is listening to her statements and concluding that "these two cant remain husband and wife anymore" and will use the woman's statement to further convince herself that the marriage should be dissolved immediately.
No Judge would forcefully "tie" two cantankerous people together, knowing that frustration at not being able to get a divorce, may lead to "unwanted consequences" for one of the spouse. undecided

I have a feeling that "most women" think they have some kind of power to refuse a divorce, or they seem to think it is their "choice to determine" whether a divorce is granted or not.
Well, definitely delusional.
It is the Judge that decides.... and hardly will you ever hear a judge refuse a divorce, once one of the party vehemently refuse to remain married to the other spouse.

Award of 'associated cost' is another matter entirely

Please, let us always seek to enlighten ourselves....... ignorance is dangerous. undecided

U are a smart person with or logical response women have the thinking of holding a man down by refusing divorce.often time dey are dissapointed.

To me d marriage is dead on arrival.Woman has behaved like a market woman with her response. Irony is after d marriage is dissolved everybody hailing her will finally blame d woman for d marriage failure and no man will marry her again.
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by godwin120alex: 7:20am On Jan 26, 2016
Irresponsible man though very funny
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by hooklover: 7:29am On Jan 26, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

It's been a while I got a useless quote from a senseless moniker.. So, enjoy the attention while it last cheesy..

Simply put!! He should register her in a gym.. From all I gathered, her drama is in a bid to resolve with her husband, and maybe, make him see divorce as a last option as there is no way he can bring her back to what she was..

If he murders her, he will face the LAW as two wrongs cannot make a right angry.. His reasons to end the marriage ain't genuine enough..

Did you for once think that she may be buying time to resolve her marital issues with her husband as divorce is not always an option? I had my first post with lots of smileys because her request was near impossible, if not impossible.. Her bravery here (to me) is not been in a rush to end it up.. So, pls, take a chill..

And to the e-idiots quoting me, spewing trash, you should learn how to use a smiley, it's interpretation, and fully understand what sarcasm means..

If after d man murders her and is lost with d wind will u assist in finding him.u think this kind of man can't do it.or even If he killed her and say is self defence knowing well d wife was a troublesome woman.will any of u mourn d woman.Looking for ways to give woman morale after she is gone u people will still turn around to blame her.
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by sexylogan(m): 7:57am On Jan 26, 2016
Houseofglam7:

Yeah, wanna tell me something?
wink

Yup...you've been missed.
Happy 2016.

1 Like

Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by isimemenuduehi11: 8:04am On Jan 26, 2016
Thumb up 4 dat woman,smart nd brave.u nor get whr u dy go oga.na for beta for worst.u neva see anytin.return her shape or u remain stock for life.
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by murphyibiam15(m): 8:09am On Jan 26, 2016
Excuzeme:

Obviously you are not Yoruba ... but your question still deserve some attention.

Though there is no "datum" that l am aware of, showing that Yorubas divorce more than any other tribe in Nigeria but let us take your assertion at "face value". let us assume what you "observe" is actually true!

Look at it from this angle:

White people (Americans and Europeans) have the highest rate of divorce worldwide.
It is not a coincidence that these two continents are also the most developed, civilized and exposed, of all nations.
So, what id it that makes divorce and those attributes to go together?

It is because as you become more exposed (and our Nigerian women especially, are threading this path), civilised, developed and advanced, you abandon "old laws and taboos" which forbids divorce and shames divorcees.

In the Americas and Europe, being divorced is not considered a stigma.

So, if you walk back from the last line of my post (okay, you have to be intelligent to be able to do that), you will realize that there is a correlation between the level of "racial/tribal development, civilization and exposure and general sophistication of the populace" ...and the propensity to divorce, when the marriage fails.

It might interest you to note that Igbos have the highest rate of "wife-murder" within Nigeria and especially in diaspora, even though they have a lower rate of divorce as you seem to suggest!

In other words, when "shyte" happens, while one tribes rushes to get a divorce, ......the other rushes to "get their cutlass"!
shocked shocked

Reflect on it a little bit, before you hit reply button because l know you are already fired-up and fuming!
grin grin

you just decided to turn it around into a tribalistic argument and u are definitely on your own....forget that europe crap comparison or US comparison as they're countries of which yoruba is NEVER and can NEVER be a country.....rather what u are having is grandiosity of comoarison

and havent u noticed the most divorced yoruba ppl are the uneducated ones?
make a research on this before u come back to quote me.
grin grin grin grin
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by Houseofglam7(f): 8:11am On Jan 26, 2016
sexylogan:

Yup...you've been missed.
Happy 2016.

Awwwww..... Were you the one that sent me roses this morning?
kiss
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by sexylogan(m): 8:27am On Jan 26, 2016
Houseofglam7:

Awwwww..... Were you the one that sent me roses this morning?
kiss

You only got the roses?
The guy didn't deliver the chocolates and red wine? angry
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by mickky88: 8:34am On Jan 26, 2016
funny
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by Houseofglam7(f): 8:38am On Jan 26, 2016
sexylogan:

You only got the roses?
The guy didn't deliver the chocolates and red wine? angry
No freaking way!
You just know how to blow my mind, don't ya?
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by uboma(m): 8:42am On Jan 26, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Bless you, nna.. Very cheap excuses angry cheesy!!

True!

You look good @ profile pix
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:54am On Jan 26, 2016
hooklover:

If after d man murders her and is lost with d wind will u assist in finding him.u think this kind of man can't do it.or even If he killed her and say is self defence knowing well d wife was a troublesome woman.will any of u mourn d woman.Looking for ways to give woman morale after she is gone u people will still turn around to blame her.
Murder her? Why? Sir, what is/are her crimes that should warrant a divorce? His shits came out to the open, and the next thing he thought of is dissolving his marriage with those flimsy excuses..

Men should learn to understand that women ain't toys you just use, and discard..

Brother, give her back her shape or deal with it tongue..
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by Edipee(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2016
Lol, the woman is simply saying: Nam eba mmi aba nangha akeba.
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by Snoolv360(m): 9:12am On Jan 26, 2016
She want the man to retoast her so they can start all over...so judge abeg, tell the hush to reshape her anyhow he can.
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by hopilo: 9:28am On Jan 26, 2016
Who go return the man to him former? or was he shapeless?
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by CioAngels(f): 9:45am On Jan 26, 2016
Cassanova dandy, as you make your bed so you are sleeping on it. Your child's mother you did not marry. The marriage of three year is not good another girl again at your age, how unhappy man you are creating for yourself. You had better transform your wife to sixteen year old if you sincerely wants a divorce. Dear wife, you are out of shape is for one reason, childbearing and no denial of that as it is a very big gain for you seeing your child/children. Just work for the divorce not to be. Cassanova, if you want peace in your life, stop the relationship with the third girl that comes to office and take care of two that has children for you. Oloju kokoro okurin.
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by princeBlack77(m): 11:25am On Jan 26, 2016
grin
orobs93:
Gbam

For those in suport hit like
Dose against. Hit share
grin
orobs93:
Gbam

For those in suport hit like
Dose against. Hit share
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by fuelsaver: 11:27am On Jan 26, 2016
Yes oooo! That man is stuck. Divorce ke. So that he can go disfigure other ladies? Hold him well well.
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by bukatyne(f): 11:53am On Jan 26, 2016
@Excuseme:

Very good points especially your first point.

You cannot force an unwilling partner to stay with you.
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by sexylogan(m): 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
Houseofglam7:

No freaking way!
You just know how to blow my mind, don't ya?

That's because i know you and appreciate the fact that you are one in 7billion wink

1 Like

Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by khattab02: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
marriage by force till death do them part........

......... And they lived not happily everly after.
Re: 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband by Chiccly(f): 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
Smart woman
Today's woman

Am loving your intelligence!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / Nigerian Man Married His Secondary School Classmate (See Photos) / Nine Nurses In The Same Labour Unit All Pregnant At Same Time In Maine Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.