Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship (1035 Views)

I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday / 15 Happenings When You're In A Long Distance Relationship With A Girl (Pictures) / 8 Signs You're His Side Chick But Not His Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by Sinju: 4:21am On Jan 26, 2016
1. All take, no give. [/b]Any relationship in which you experience withdrawals of energy without deposits will leave you in the negative.
2. [b]Feeling drained.
If, instead of feeling happy and productive, you're always mentally, emotionally, and even physically drained, it's time to re-evaluate.
3. Lack of trust. A relationship without trust is like a car without gas: You can stay in it all you want, but it won't go anywhere.
4. Hostile atmospher[/b]e. Constant anger is a sure sign of an unhealthy relationship. You should never be around hostility because it makes you feel unsafe.
5. [b]Occupied with imbalance
. A one-sided relationship can never run smoothly.
6. Constant judgment. In judgmental relationships, criticism is not intended to be helpful but rather to belittle.
7. Persistent unreliability. Mutual reliability is important to building trust and is at the core of any good relationship.
8. Nonstop narcissism. If the other party's interest in the relationship is really just a reflection of him or herself, it's impossible to achieve any kind of balance.
9. Loaded with negative energy. It's almost impossible for anything positive to come out of a relationship filled with negativity.
10. Lack of communication. Without communication, there is no relationship. Period.
11. Continuous disrespect. [/b]Mutual respect is the first requirement of a good partnership.
12. [b]Ceaseless control issues
. If one person is in control, or a constant tug-of-war is going on, you're probably spending too much energy navigating the relationship.
13. Never-ending drama. Good relationships improve your life; they don't make it messier.
14. Diminishes your self-worth. When you're in a relationship with someone who doesn't acknowledge your value, it can be hard to see it yourself.
15. Lowers your high standards. Toxic relationships can cause us to slowly begin accepting what was once not acceptable.

Source [url][/url]http://www.inc.com/lolly-daskal/35-signs-youre-in-a-toxic-business-relationship.html

1 Like

Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by Estellar: 5:39am On Jan 26, 2016
So true
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 26, 2016
WORD!
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 26, 2016
I agree to this. A good relationship should make you a better person rather than making you feel like a dejected, homeless, insecured, brainwashed piece of sh1t. Nice one.
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by JoeCutie(m): 7:30am On Jan 26, 2016
EverLily:
I agree to this. A good relationship should make you a better person rather than making you feel like a dejected, homeless, insecured, brainwashed piece of sh1t. Nice one.
Easy, girl. grin
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by JoeCutie(m): 7:33am On Jan 26, 2016
In all of these, being Single is the koko, albeit you can't be single for life, can you?

Yes, you can!
grin

4 Likes

Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 26, 2016
Oh! It's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2016
JoeCutie:
Easy, girl. grin
grin Couldn't help it grin

Good morning
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by JoeCutie(m): 7:45am On Jan 26, 2016
EverLily:
grin Couldn't help it grin

Good morning
I subjected your comment to very critical metaphysical analysis, and I saw behind the comment, a girl talking with emotions, from experience. You've had such experience in your relationship, haven't you? lipsrsealed

Morning, dearie
. smiley
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by Smellymouth: 8:00am On Jan 26, 2016
Nice one
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 26, 2016
JoeCutie:
I subjected your comment to very critical metaphysical analysis, and I saw behind the comment, a girl talking with emotions, from experience. You've had such experience in your relationship, haven't you? lipsrsealed

Morning, dearie
. smiley
embarassed lipsrsealed
Let's just say that I have tasted of both worlds wink
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by JoeCutie(m): 8:15am On Jan 26, 2016
EverLily:
embarassed lipsrsealed
Let's just say that I have tasted of both worlds wink
Awww, but it's okay now, I guess? embarassed smiley
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 26, 2016
JoeCutie:
Awww, but it's okay now, I guess? embarassed smiley
I hope so smiley
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by JoeCutie(m): 8:44am On Jan 26, 2016
EverLily:
I hope so smiley
It's well. smiley
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by CaroLyner(f): 9:48am On Jan 26, 2016
Sometimes two people can love each other so much but just don’t work together. They bring out the worst in one another and the result is a relationship solely based on crazily heightened emotions..i.e toxic relationship.
Re: Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship by AyamConfidence(m): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2016
Pulls my trouser and drops it here...na FP things o...somebody call lalasticlala o...*modified* uhm i read through and i found all thnse points to be true...number 6 turns me off the most...if u conclude without hearing me out then i'm out...its to toxic for my mind

(1) (Reply)

Bride Snaps With Mom And Grandma, But Her Wedding Dress Has More Story To Tell / 5 Ways To Turn A Woman On Without Any Physical Contact (must Read) / Traumatised Man Divorces Wife For Being Ugly Without Makeup!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.