Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:51 AM

I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday (11093 Views)

My Police Officer Uncle And His Sad Ending - A true life story / How To Go About Ending A Relationship Advice Needed / Have You Ever Felt Relieved After Ending A Friendship Or Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by ola9ja(m): 8:36pm On May 19, 2018
Most of these girls don't really love us, it's just a symbiotic relationship, I would be ending my present relationship on Monday, my birthday, I really thought I would get married to her but the relationship has become a toxic one so I had to move on with my life. I can not manage a toxic relationship, imagine sacrificing so much in a relationship that you have to go out of your own will to meet her needs , I have bought her phones twice, paid more than half of her house rent in school twice, it's a distant relationship and we have dated for 3years +, she hasn't even bought me an handkerchief before, I can't figure out one thing that I have learnt from her, I don't and won't regret what I have done for her but I am saddened that I have been in relationship with the wrong person for 5 fruitful years of my life. I will be 31 on Monday.

I don't regret spending on people but I usually get frustrated spending wrongly on people.

I like living people better than the way I met them.

I wouldn't really assume that I didn't learn anything from this relationship, I have learnt a lot and these are the things I have learnt...

1. Even the kindest person can turn into a cold-hearted person.

2. Even if you're madly in love, you should never think with your heart but with your brain.

3. You should never put your happiness in someone else’s hands because you never know when they will decide to leave you.

4. The more you show a person you love them, the less they will reciprocate or appreciate it.

5. It’s human nature to take things for granted, specially in long term relationships. They’ll always look for something better once the infatuation phase ends.

6. Relationships should not be governed solely by love, but also and most importantly by trust, understanding, maturity and SELF-RESPECT.

7. The moment you lose your self-respect you will see your partner as ‘too good to be true’. You will put them on a pedestal and be their slave. Never lose your self-respect and dignity.

8. Master the balance of power and you’ll master the whole relationship.

9. If you constantly show them you love them and care for them, they will start taking you for granted.

10. Distance yourself from your partner from time to time. It will help you see your relationship in a proper perspective.

11. Two main things should be present in a relationship: Trust and communication. If one of them is absent, your relationship is doomed to fail.

12. Being needy and clingy out of love is never a good idea because it will push your partner away and make them love you less.

13. The person that loves less in the relationship is the one in control of the relationship. It’s important to set a balance of power between you two or else one of you will definitely get hurt.

14. If your happiness is in someone else’s hands you’re rooting for conditional happiness. If they leave you, you will end up all alone, sad, depressed, hopeless and even suicidal. No one on this planet should control your happiness other than yourself.

15. The moment you hurt your partner, they will change forever even though you try your best to bring their good old self back.

16. Even if you give someone your heart, it’s not guaranteed that they will reciprocate.

17. The moment they start showing lack of interest, believe them instead of trying to convince yourself that they’re ‘mad’ or ‘going through a phase’ and that everything will be alright.

18. What’s meant for you will always be yours.

19. Sometimes God removes people from your life in an abrupt way because you were being led to danger.

20. If you walked away from a one-sided, toxic, negative, low-vibrational relationship, you won.
And the list goes on…

Most importantly, stay strong in any relationship you’re in. People come and go, the ones meant for you will stay. Stay strong when you're at your lowest and never let a heartbreak define you.

Just have faith and learn to always smile no matter what!

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by SenorFax(m): 8:42pm On May 19, 2018
Congrats on finally waking up

Before you beg the guy not to quit, think of these:

-Am sure the girl didn't buy anyone anything for 3years, right? Not her bestie, friends, family, or anybody...... If your answer is yes then you must be high on "Tramadull"

The saying goes, you can't love without giving and you can't give without loving.
Another goes like "Your heart will always be were your money is", more goes to commitment and care, you'll always care for what you love, no matter how broke you are.

This is 3years guys...... Raise up your hand if you can withstand this. Jokes apart, putting yourself in the girl's shoes is good, but putting yourself in the guy's shoe is even more realistic, this ain't Disneyland.

Giving something back is not mostly love, it's called appreciation.

This is how "Maga" starts, "Mugu" starts the moment you realise you are a Maga and you are still paying.

16 Likes

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by graciousify(f): 8:42pm On May 19, 2018
please try talking to her about how you feel.
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by izzou(m): 8:42pm On May 19, 2018
grin

A relationship is meant to be built.

When you are in a relationship, build it. Try to help her be the woman she wants to be, while she helps you too. Don't start buying phones up and down thinking showing her that you care. That's not care. That's being foolish

If my girlfriend needs a phone, I will assist her with part of the money, and help her to discipline her spending habits till she's able to get the phone. I'm not Davido grin

A relationship is not a poverty alleviation scheme. It's something you both should make efforts to build

Sorry brother. Listen to the Transmission Transaction brouhaha. It will make you happy grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by biacan(f): 8:44pm On May 19, 2018
Please try and consider talking to her you guys have come a long way together don't just throw it up smiley
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by NwaAmaikpe: 8:45pm On May 19, 2018
shocked

Please don't end it.
Who are all of you dumping these toxic girls for?

Abeg let every man carry his cross.

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by hadjipapiey(m): 8:47pm On May 19, 2018
See The two guys above me undecided
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Please don't end it.

Lmao. You just crack me up. grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by sauceTDA(m): 8:50pm On May 19, 2018
Please go ahead
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by ola9ja(m): 8:53pm On May 19, 2018
graciousify:
please try talking to her about how you feel.

The story is voluminous and I can't share it here, I only picked a few paragraphs to express myself, but if you don't mind I can send it to you to read and advice. Although I have already made up my mind.
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by ola9ja(m): 8:55pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Please don't end it.

I am dumping them for you of course. Lol, do you want her number.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by igetjoyfromthis: 8:56pm On May 19, 2018
I am so happy for you bro. Ending a toxic relationship will be the best thing you have done in a long time. It will give you so much relief.

Do not listen to these idiots telling you to work it out with her. Women will always support their fellow women even when they know the lady to be in the wrong.

End the relationship bro. I am solidly backing you.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by Chidizman(m): 8:58pm On May 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Please don't end it.

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by 360great(m): 9:01pm On May 19, 2018
Sincerely relationship drains alot of energy. I am happy to be single seriously.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by chicoMX(m): 9:02pm On May 19, 2018
Bro I don't understand o, she's still a student na. You want her to get you a new phone?

If you feel she's giving too little in the relationship, let her know your demands.
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by goodmorning40: 9:02pm On May 19, 2018
congratulations
now u have started using ur head and not carrying it about like some load
unfortunately it took u such a long time

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by biacan(f): 9:02pm On May 19, 2018
igetjoyfromthis:
I am so happy for you bro. Ending a toxic relationship will be the best thing you have done in a long time. It will give you so much relief.

Do not listen to these idiots telling you to work it out with her. Women will always support their fellow women even when they know the lady to be in the wrong.

End the relationship bro. I am solidly backing you.
Instead of you to advise him on how to fix his relationship you want to ruin what he has worked hard to keep sad Listen well and listen carefully there is no relationship without challenges and if run away from your fears now you'll surely meet them in the future smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by ola9ja(m): 9:10pm On May 19, 2018
SenorFax:
Congrats on finally waking up

Before you beg the guy not to quit, think of these:

-Am sure the girl didn't buy anyone anything for 3years, right? Not her bestie, friends, family, or anybody...... If your answer is yes then you must be high on "Tramadull"

The saying goes, you can't love without giving and you can't give without loving.
Another goes like "Your heart will always be were your money is", more goes to commitment and care, you'll always care for what you love, no matter how broke you are.

This is 3years guys...... Raise up your hand if you can withstand this. Jokes apart, putting yourself in the girl's shoes is good, but putting yourself in the guy's shoe is even more realistic, this ain't Disneyland.

Giving something back is not mostly love, it's called appreciation.

Thank you for your perception.
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by ola9ja(m): 9:13pm On May 19, 2018
biacan:
Instead of you to advise him on how to fix his relationship you want to ruin what he has worked hard to keep sad Listen well and listen carefully there is no relationship without challenges and if run away from your fears now you'll surely meet them in the future smiley

Bianca, I would like you to read the full story, please send me your mail
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by biacan(f): 9:23pm On May 19, 2018
ola9ja:

Bianca, I would like you to read the full story, please send me your mail
I did like you to post it here so that intellectuals can deliberate on it smiley
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by Opilot66: 9:31pm On May 19, 2018
Wow, this life is just a twist of fate, He who has head doesn't have a cap and the one that has a cap doesn't have Head... So painful the good ones gets heartbreak always, dear poster just move on, life is beautiful and the right lady for you, you'll surely meet soon, just take your time, your missing rib is just right around the corner, be happy always.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by Mcy56(f): 9:39pm On May 19, 2018
Those with head have no cap and those with cap have no head. When I keep reading about all these men giving a lady this and that, I always wonder the type of luck I have grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by ola9ja(m): 9:43pm On May 19, 2018
biacan:
I did like you to post it here so that intellectuals can deliberate on it smiley

It's voluminous, only if you will personally read it first, then I would post it for all
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by SoapQueen(f): 9:43pm On May 19, 2018
Mcy56:
Those with head have no cap and those with cap have no head. When I keep reading about all these men giving a lady this and that, I always wonder the type of luck I have grin

Babe, abeg shift make I follow you wonder. Na which kain luck follow me come?
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by Shugarlord213: 9:45pm On May 19, 2018
If You like after this one, build house for he next girl mtcheeew

Nigeria has the highest weakest men

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by biacan(f): 9:46pm On May 19, 2018
ola9ja:

It's voluminous, only if you will personally read it first, then I would post it for all
Lemme mention you in an old thread smiley
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by ekanDamie: 9:47pm On May 19, 2018
Well as a guy whos not a Bleep boy.
Ive been in all sorts of relationship.
1 i can tell u is long distance relationship is almost a useless

2. U only mentioned d fact dat she has neva bought anything for u. Well, dat is a bad sign.
If a lady loves u, no matter how small she go make effort. I can remember my sister then going to katangwa to look for good okrika cloths
To buy for her den bf. I dont think he valued dem cos dey not his type of cloths even me did not envy dos wears. But then tho broke she made an effort

3. But then not all ladies are dsame n thoughtful.
So d question is, in all other key areas of a relationship does she do well?

Do u guys have quality, jovial communication?

Is she trustworthy ? Do u have reasons to prove shes seeing someone else?

Does she long to see u doing hols? Or she makes up excuses?

Does she care bout u? Call u to remind u of sumtin u must do, to ask after ur welfare passionately, tell u she loves u verbally n in text?

If she does all these den on d buying stuff u might wanna lovingly bring it up? But if she fails in all oda aspects. Let het Go

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by Mcy56(f): 9:50pm On May 19, 2018
SoapQueen:
Babe, abeg shift make I follow you wonder. Na which kain luck follow me come?
LOL grin
Honestly, it used to baffle me. Some ladies are just so lucky. They will even be making choice and doing shakara self. grin
You will hear even a student saying he's giving his gf money and gifts.
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by banjicom(m): 9:57pm On May 19, 2018
ola9ja:
Most of these girls don't really love us, it's just a symbiotic relationship, I would be ending my present relationship on Monday, my birthday, I really thought I would get married to her but the relationship has become a toxic one so I had to move on with my life. I can not manage a toxic relationship, imagine sacrificing so much in a relationship that you have to go out of your own will to meet her needs , I have bought her phones twice, paid more than half of her house rent in school twice, it's a distant relationship and we have dated for 3years +, she hasn't even bought me an handkerchief before, I can't figure out one thing that I have learnt from her, I don't and won't regret what I have done for her but I am saddened that I have been in relationship with the wrong person for 5 fruitful years of my life. I will be 31 on Monday.

I don't regret spending on people but I usually get frustrated spending wrongly on people.

I like living people better than the way I met them.

I wouldn't really assume that I didn't learn anything from this relationship, I have learnt a lot and these are the things I have learnt...

1. Even the kindest person can turn into a cold-hearted person.

2. Even if you're madly in love, you should never think with your heart but with your brain.

3. You should never put your happiness in someone else’s hands because you never know when they will decide to leave you.

4. The more you show a person you love them, the less they will reciprocate or appreciate it.

5. It’s human nature to take things for granted, specially in long term relationships. They’ll always look for something better once the infatuation phase ends.

6. Relationships should not be governed solely by love, but also and most importantly by trust, understanding, maturity and SELF-RESPECT.

7. The moment you lose your self-respect you will see your partner as ‘too good to be true’. You will put them on a pedestal and be their slave. Never lose your self-respect and dignity.

8. Master the balance of power and you’ll master the whole relationship.

9. If you constantly show them you love them and care for them, they will start taking you for granted.

10. Distance yourself from your partner from time to time. It will help you see your relationship in a proper perspective.

11. Two main things should be present in a relationship: Trust and communication. If one of them is absent, your relationship is doomed to fail.

12. Being needy and clingy out of love is never a good idea because it will push your partner away and make them love you less.

13. The person that loves less in the relationship is the one in control of the relationship. It’s important to set a balance of power between you two or else one of you will definitely get hurt.

14. If your happiness is in someone else’s hands you’re rooting for conditional happiness. If they leave you, you will end up all alone, sad, depressed, hopeless and even suicidal. No one on this planet should control your happiness other than yourself.

15. The moment you hurt your partner, they will change forever even though you try your best to bring their good old self back.

16. Even if you give someone your heart, it’s not guaranteed that they will reciprocate.

17. The moment they start showing lack of interest, believe them instead of trying to convince yourself that they’re ‘mad’ or ‘going through a phase’ and that everything will be alright.

18. What’s meant for you will always be yours.

19. Sometimes God removes people from your life in an abrupt way because you were being led to danger.

20. If you walked away from a one-sided, toxic, negative, low-vibrational relationship, you won.
And the list goes on…

Most importantly, stay strong in any relationship you’re in. People come and go, the ones meant for you will stay. Stay strong when you're at your lowest and never let a heartbreak define you.

Just have faith and learn to always smile no matter what!

bro dis is so sad!

you are making me sacred of my present relationship already....

what will be will definitely be, move on bro u deserved someone better and remember......once bitten twice shy.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 19, 2018
ola9ja:
Most of these girls don't really love us, it's just a symbiotic relationship, I would be ending my present relationship on Monday, my birthday, I really thought I would get married to her but the relationship has become a toxic one so I had to move on with my life. I can not manage a toxic relationship, imagine sacrificing so much in a relationship that you have to go out of your own will to meet her needs , I have bought her phones twice, paid more than half of her house rent in school twice, it's a distant relationship and we have dated for 3years +, she hasn't even bought me an handkerchief before, I can't figure out one thing that I have learnt from her, I don't and won't regret what I have done for her but I am saddened that I have been in relationship with the wrong person for 5 fruitful years of my life.
Re: I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday by Maket: 9:59pm On May 19, 2018
What if you died before the day. End any toxic relationship without procrastination.

OP, You're in a relationship for 5 years and have dated for 3 years. OK I HEAR TAKE 1 year to be lying.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marrying Us For U.s. Citizenship / 27 Features Of Loving Men / Photos: 6 Places Women Want To Be Touched (adult Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.