Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF (19140 Views)

Restructuring: It Will Not Be Easy For The North To Give Up Its Advantages - NEF / Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan / Biafra Agitation: Arewa Youths Write ACF, NEF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by Goke7: 10:55am On Jan 26, 2016
bankylan:
Just a pity that these parasites are the one rulling Nigeria.....they know how to support their own...if the north is the region blessed with oil, all of us will be begging to eat
...before u jail gej, I think all the northern leaders and obasanjo should be jailed.....
.....just saddening that an area tagged educationally less developed is the one charting the course of this nation.....the result is obvious. I am not tribalistic,..but it is unfortunate that my 'educated' yoruba brothers will allow themselves to be slaves and almajiris of the northern rulers..

The elders said if 'Gej is found guilty' you guys rush too quickly to condemn anyone that speaks from the north, why? has Jonathan been found guilty? even efcc has come out to say they haven't found anything to suggest that.

Pls spare your breath, unless you want to pronounce Gej guilty
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by shugaboy6102(m): 10:55am On Jan 26, 2016
myners007:
The Deputy National Leader of the Northern Elders Forum, Dr. Paul Unongo, has said that former President Goodluck Jonathan should be probed over the $2.1bn arms deal.

Unongo, who was power and steel minister in the Second Republic, said the former President should be jailed if found to have corruptly enriched himself in the $2.1bn arms deal and refuses to refund his share of the loot.

Unongo, however, said the former President deserved consideration for conceding defeat in the last general elections and by helping the country to avert an impending national crisis.

These two facts, according to him, should make his punishments mild if found guilty of stolen funds.

Unongo, who spoke with our correspondent in a telephone interview on Monday, said, “There are three points to make on the arms probe. The first is that Jonathan deserves a special consideration for his contribution to democratic culture in Nigeria and for enabling us to avert a national crisis by conceding defeat during the general elections. He also mobilised support for the present government. Jonathan was great in defeat. He is a hero for doing this.

“Secondly, if the anti-graft agency can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he diverted public funds and if Jonathan agrees to return the stolen funds, he should not be humiliated but he should be given due consideration.

“Thirdly, if it is proved by a transparent process that he stole the country’s money and he refuses to return it, then the law should take its course, whether he is a former President or not. He should be prosecuted and jailed. This is important in order to serve as a deterrent to others.”

Unongo slammed Jonathan’s advisers who have been justifying their roles in the alleged diversion of the arms funds based on the excuse that they acted under instructions from the Presidency.

He said Jonathan’s advisers should be held liable for their actions because they had the opportunity to advise the President against any form of illegality.

According to him, Jonathan’s advisers and ministers who were uncomfortable with his style of governance should have resigned their appointments if the President did not follow their advice.

“I was a minister in this country and that did not stop me from speaking the truth to the President. Jonathan’s advisers who are claiming they acted under instructions to justify their alleged theft are lying.

“Jonathan paid them to advise him so they are liable for their actions. If you advised Jonathan rightly and he said no, you should have resigned your appointment,” he stressed.

The former minister also added that the Federal Government had not ordered the arrest of Jonathan because the government ‘was trying to be careful and abide by the dictates of the law in order not to be seen as dictatorial’.

He said, “I think President Buhari is trying to be careful in not summoning Jonathan so far. I don’t believe there was an agreement President Buhari had not to probe Jonathan as being reported.”
http://www.punchng.com/probe-jail-jonathan-if-found-guilty-nef/
for the first time i agree with what this Northern elder is saying.if Jonathan is guilty he should be probed cos nobody is above the Law.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by babadem2much(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2016
Am a Northerner but I sometimes hate the way some I mean some of this good for nothing sake elders come out and speak.

let me start with how many influencial elders have given scholership to their youth?
how many so-called elders have come out publicly to assist mr president In the fight against corruption ?

they took their children abroad to school but they encouraged the almajiri system and does not In any way support it financially .

They should go sit down n think of another way of diverting Northern attentions

I de vex

4 Likes

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by ahaz: 11:21am On Jan 26, 2016
abduljabbar4:

What can you do if he is touched? What happened to the yellow monkey a.k.a namumudu kanu?. Even boko haram doesn't make noise like u guys
this is not matter for ipob,just touch him first then we shall know were it will lead nija......if obj is a sacred cow and ibb then gej must not be a scape goat.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by elivis(m): 11:31am On Jan 26, 2016
Some times words provoke violent action even as no action of violence is justified.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by niyi123: 11:47am On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
see them so IBB Abubaka and Obasanjo should leave and get away whit there billions. touch Jonathan and see 'What will happen. Monkey

WHAT WILL YOU DO, IF THEY TOUCH HIM. COMMON, THEY ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT LOOTS HERE; IT IS BLOOD MONEY THAT THEY DIVERTED WE ARE TALKING HERE, BECAUSE HIM AND HIS FELLOW ARE HEARTLESS, OF ALL MONIES AVAILABLE, IS IT MONEY MEANT FOR SECURITY OF LIVES THAT SHOULD BE DIVERTED. U ARE JUST HEARTLESS LIKE THEM, HAD IT BEEN YOUR FAMILY MEEMBER IS AMONG THE LIVES LOST BECAUSE OF THEIR GREED. WILL YOU DEFEND HIM?
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by White007(m): 11:50am On Jan 26, 2016
I think Buhari should start with himself first, after that we can begin with the likes of IBB, ABACHA, ABULSALAMI, OBASANJO, ATIKU, then on to HALLIBURTON, and finally it will get to JONATHAN.

Any other way other than what is stated above will not be accepted, unless the power that be wants Nigeria to implode.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by tsdarkside(m): 11:59am On Jan 26, 2016
myners007:
The Deputy National Leader of the Northern Elders Forum, Dr. Paul Unongo, has said that former President Goodluck Jonathan should be probed over the $2.1bn arms deal.

Unongo, who was power and steel minister in the Second Republic, said the former President should be jailed if found to have corruptly enriched himself in the $2.1bn arms deal and refuses to refund his share of the loot.

Unongo, however, said the former President deserved consideration for conceding defeat in the last general elections and by helping the country to avert an impending national crisis.

These two facts, according to him, should make his punishments mild if found guilty of stolen funds.

Unongo, who spoke with our correspondent in a telephone interview on Monday, said, “There are three points to make on the arms probe. The first is that Jonathan deserves a special consideration for his contribution to democratic culture in Nigeria and for enabling us to avert a national crisis by conceding defeat during the general elections. He also mobilised support for the present government. Jonathan was great in defeat. He is a hero for doing this.

“Secondly, if the anti-graft agency can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he diverted public funds and if Jonathan agrees to return the stolen funds, he should not be humiliated but he should be given due consideration.

“Thirdly, if it is proved by a transparent process that he stole the country’s money and he refuses to return it, then the law should take its course, whether he is a former President or not. He should be prosecuted and jailed. This is important in order to serve as a deterrent to others.”

Unongo slammed Jonathan’s advisers who have been justifying their roles in the alleged diversion of the arms funds based on the excuse that they acted under instructions from the Presidency.

He said Jonathan’s advisers should be held liable for their actions because they had the opportunity to advise the President against any form of illegality.

According to him, Jonathan’s advisers and ministers who were uncomfortable with his style of governance should have resigned their appointments if the President did not follow their advice.

“I was a minister in this country and that did not stop me from speaking the truth to the President. Jonathan’s advisers who are claiming they acted under instructions to justify their alleged theft are lying.

“Jonathan paid them to advise him so they are liable for their actions. If you advised Jonathan rightly and he said no, you should have resigned your appointment,” he stressed.

The former minister also added that the Federal Government had not ordered the arrest of Jonathan because the government ‘was trying to be careful and abide by the dictates of the law in order not to be seen as dictatorial’.

He said, “I think President Buhari is trying to be careful in not summoning Jonathan so far. I don’t believe there was an agreement President Buhari had not to probe Jonathan as being reported.”

what the hell is wrong with this wan??...

lets make something clear,,,if jonathan didnt give over power,the military would have taken over the goverment...

leaked-plans were already on ground,for a military-take-over.....the military hated jonathan.....
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
captainflash:
cheesy ..You' just killed English, Congratulation Bro.
Empty head so speaking English language means you have sound education and knowledge? Tufia
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by mauriceju2(m): 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
i dont know why the north chose to remain mumu and idiot so they dont see IBB, Abubaka,Obasanjo etc, so they believe that only them have the right to do Nigeria evil, touch Jonathan and then come to his back yard to drill oil, they are waiting for u
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by murphyibiam15(m): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
benedictnsi:

Lol..... My guy.... How far you na shocked
i don ball out to Enugu ooo...enjoy

1 Like

Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by gbishman: 1:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
i heard on the radio silly sectional comments insinuating that if Buhari jails GEJ then he must also jail Abdulsalam and I just shook my head in disgust. This guys fail to understand that jailing Abdulsalam was GEJ responsibility had he found him culpable of theftor what so ever, so he not jailing him only proved one and one thing only that he found him innocent and free from persecution.
Now that PMB is now president and it is his responsibility to have investigated people who from a reasonable and justifiable standpoint are found to have gone contrary to law or have plundered the countries resources to the detriment of soldiers, workers, students, children, parents etc.
So please, lets not hide under the guise of ethinicity, the Northern elders in their request have not aired in their statement, they have simply said the past administration under GEJ should be investigated, trialed and if anyone is found guilty should be arrested.
Very simple, lets not truncate the meaning.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by akinyeleaa: 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
sweetgala:

Onlyban idiot like yourself like insinuate that justice should be slain at the altar of "ethnic unity" what is ethnic unity when the looters of our collective sovereign wealth are a tribe unto themselves. The Hausa man on the streets of kano, the Yoruba market woman in the market of Osogbo. The jobles youth in Enugu, the embattled youth of Warri and the mothers in plateau state all suffer from the consequences of fraud.

May God judge your defence of evil accordingly. angry

This man has spoken as an elder should, it is obvious beyond reading the title you did not go past the first 3 lines
If you had any atom of functional brain, you would have understood I am not against his probe but the fact that it is coming from NEF. Tomorrow you'll hear Southern elders too telling us they should also probe IBB. I want all "probeables" probed but it isn't NEF job to tell Nigeria who to probe and who not to, so they should shut the hell up. EFCC is already doing a good job.
We can't all be blind supporters like yourself ehn
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by petermichaels(m): 2:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
And if he isn't found guilty wat will u pples mumu/dull president do den?? wat a pple of a country.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by alaskido(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Make Thunder and Devil fire this Paul Unongo 20 times. If you must prosecute Jonathan, then you must prosecute OBJ, IBB, ABDULSALAM and even exhume ABACHA's corpse to face trial.

Useless Northern Elders. When he was building schools for Almajiris and developing the northerner states, where were you. Touch Jonathan and you will see WAR.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by abduljabbar4(m): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
ahaz:
this is not matter for ipob,just touch him first then we shall know were it will lead nija......if obj is a sacred cow and ibb then gej must not be a scape goat.

Noise as usual...

Nobody is above the law
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
And what concerns us if he is jailed? Let them act fast and nothing will happen.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by abduljabbar4(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
deetomee:

You speak as if you think with your kidney. He who is not guilty of corruption in this country after independence should cast the first stone. Buhari is the biggest thief hiding under the pretense of a saint. Karma is a bitch man! Watch it. He should go ahead and touch Jonathan if he can. We dey look!

There is nothing you or anybody can do about it even if he is treated unjustly. Why can't u emulate boko haram and make actions before talking?

Nonsense
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by abduljabbar4(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Daguccizgreat:
you are a fool to brand nnamdi kanu a monkey. In ur entire miserable life, u can not achieve a quarter of of wot he has today. smelling abok!

Mynd44
Seun

Rule 2 and rule 15
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
QuotaSystem:

These IPOB vermin are truly illiterates by any stretch of the imagination, the frequency of their display of illiteracy has exceeded the realm of coincidence.

Instead of you people to hold your corrupt leaders responsible for failing to give you a chance to be properly educated, you waste your little change to defend them online while their children bag masters degrees all over England. Una Stockholm syndrome no be here.

Modath see another one o grin
Must everyone be IPOB to you zombies. Go get a life Mr man.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by abduljabbar4(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
echomog1:
what abt kanu?? Is it not the same kanu you ppl boasted that he should come to Nigeria and Buhari will kill him once without going to court and nothing will happen.

Nobody said so rather u are the ones that threatened to burn down this country if he gets arrested
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by abduljabbar4(m): 4:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dragonking:
Oga, nnamadi KANU/ipob and Niger deltans are different... Touch Jonathan and see how all you almajiri people who depend solely on oil from other peoples land will hunger for generations....Nonsense people...abacha never stole but it is gej that stole..f0olish people.

They are all the same. Besides Northerners were not dead before the oil was discovered

Just like the way nothing happened when namumudu cownu was arrested like the goat he is, the otuoke-born brunk bastard will get arrested and jailed
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by Rexyl(m): 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
johnmark1234:
see them so IBB Abubaka and Obasanjo should leave and get away whit there billions. touch Jonathan and see 'What will happen. Monkey

They should just arrest Jonathan once, Buhari need him badly to expose other politicians including those working with him presently who are involved in mismanagement of public funds. He need him to expose and seize giant investments and projects individual politicians have acquired since 1960. Those who have died shouldn't escape it. He must get everything acquired through public funds back.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by deetomee: 4:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
abduljabbar4:

There is nothing you or anybody can do about it even if he is treated unjustly. Why can't u emulate boko haram and make actions before talking?

Nonsense

It's the likes of you and your useless sai baba that has crippled this country. North has been hungry for power since God knows when yet no meaningful human capital development from that region. Even the small population that are educated still behave like zombies. Obviously you be Musa! If Buhari has the power let him arrest GEJ. God punish your left yansh! Mallam! Beggers!!!
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by sweetgala(m): 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
akinyeleaa:

If you had any atom of functional brain, you would have understood I am not against his probe but the fact that it is coming from NEF. Tomorrow you'll hear Southern elders too telling us they should also probe IBB. I want all "probeables" probed but it isn't NEF job to tell Nigeria who to probe and who not to, so they should shut the hell up. EFCC is already doing a good job.
We can't all be blind supporters like yourself ehn

So tell me where the eldef from NEF said "only Jonathan sjoulfnbr probed" What if a eldef from the south says all probeables should be probed it does not remove an iota from the message, it is just the fact everyone who had defrauded is should be probed starting with GEJ and going back.

Stop defending injustice IBB, OBJ Tinubu, Mr Fix it Anenih, Atiku all of them must dance to the tune of justice , if GMB sef mess up make he join in
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by abduljabbar4(m): 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
deetomee:

It's the likes of you and your useless sai baba that has crippled this country. North has been hungry for power since God knows when yet no meaningful human capital development from that region. Even the small population that are educated still behave like zombies. Obviously you be Musa! If Buhari has the power let him arrest GEJ. God punish your left yansh! Mallam! Beggers!!!

Cc: mynd44
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by greatehis: 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
myners007:

who will return the one they gave Buhari? old man learn from Jona. since he left presidency, he has been quiet, allowing Buhari to rule in peace on like Obasanjo.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by ngoziama: 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
myners007:

Unongo shut your mouth.Dont start what you cant finish.I guess military coup was done in 1983 because buhari perceived shagaris government as being corrupt.so let us start from there then go to buhari whom ibb advised not to throw stone at glass house if you are leaving inside it.of course abacha is late but his wife who boasted they can never be as poor as dangote even if all their loot is taken away is there..Ibb wont be left out, abdulsalam, shonekan, yaradua of blessed memory, at least turai can represent.i cant forget baba sege then goodluck.unongo corruption is corruption and there is no goodluck corruption.corruption is corruption.the rate at which you people are displaying total hate for goodluck could give you people a heart attack.i want to also add that you should stop being sentimental by saying gej handed over.he did what he ought to do.moreover, he is not an ambitious being.unongo since you were minister under one of these people mentioned, you stand to be probed.if you had worked harder in your sector, history would have mentioned you.in addition if you never stole nigerian money, may you live long but if you did may the Almighty God visit you soon for the untold hardship the government you served under unleashed on the masses.mtchew unongo tell us what you had before you became minister and what you acquired after you served your pockets and stomachs.
Suddenly corruption is beginning to have enemies in nigeria.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by Dragonking: 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
abduljabbar4:

They are all the same. Besides Northerners were not dead before the oil was discovered

Just like the way nothing happened when namumudu cownu was arrested like the goat he is, the otuoke-born brunk bastard will get arrested and jailed
Niger deltans dont have business with nnamadi kanu/ipob....BTW nothing can be done to GEJ, tell that to your dullard bastard
president....The whole north as big as it is contributes a meager 4% to the country's GDP to show how dependent and useless your region is to this country....You all depend on us for survival...that is the simple truth whether you like it or not.
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by abduljabbar4(m): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dragonking:
Niger deltans dont have business with nnamadi kanu/ipob....BTW nothing can be done to GEJ, tell that to your dullard bastard
president....The whole north as big as it is contributes a meager 4% to the country's GDP to show how dependent and useless your region is to this country....You all depend on us for survival...that is the simple truth whether you like it or not.

I have been hearing this nonsense from you mentally challenged guys for too long but non of you have cared to give me an answer. Was the north not in existence before the oil came? You keep bragging about a natures gift and not ur hardwork. That's just stewpeed to me.

My post was about gejs arrest and as usual u have started changing the topic. Gej aka President Jonathan bastard will get arrested and there is nothing that anybody can do about it just like how u kept quiet after cownus arrest despite all the threats. The earlier you understand that you have lost ur voice the better for you. You think all the hatred you are showing Buhari will not backfire? We are waiting for a non-APC igbo man to contest and see what will happen. We will make sure that you don't win any election and biafra can never be actualised
Re: Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF by Dragonking: 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
abduljabbar4:

I have been hearing this nonsense from you mentally challenged guys for too long but non of you have cared to give me an answer. Was the north not in existence before the oil came? You keep bragging about a natures gift and not ur hardwork. That's just stewpeed to me.

My post was about gejs arrest and as usual u have started changing the topic. Gej aka President Jonathan bastard will get arrested and there is nothing that anybody can do about it just like how u kept quiet after cownus arrest despite all the threats. The earlier you understand that you have lost ur voice the better for you. You think all the hatred you are showing Buhari will not backfire? We are waiting for a non-APC igbo man to contest and see what will happen. We will make sure that you don't win any election and biafra can never be actualised
See the beggar coming to talk...A shame of a state...The north was in existence before the oil but after the oil where are they? Who are the lazy ones now...Go and check the map and see how big and useless the region is to this country as a whole...I still stand, tell your brainless, ]clueless, dullard of a president to arrest gej, no be mouth you will beg for food...Whether you like it or not we are coming back to power. Mark my words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Donates N200 Million To Benue State For Medical & Relieve Materials (Photo / Reno Asks Adeboye To Sack Osinbajo For 'Nigeria Now Feeding The World' Claim / Blackout In Lagos: EKEDC Apologises To Customers Over Shortage Of Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.