Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' (1169 Views)

"Guys, If You Are Wearing This Kind Of Boxers In 2018, You Are Cancelled" - Lady / True Confession: My Boss Sleeps With Me At Will, Uses Me For Sexual Exploits / How To Get Any Girl, Regardless Of Her Status Or Relationship With You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Talk2CB: 12:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
An Australian photographer has published a powerful series of photographs with the message that sexual assault victims are never to blame.
features a range of half-naked women with tape covering their nipples and anti-abuse messages on their body, just like the original photo she drew inspiration from.

There you go, For Men... when your woman says No...No means No. And for the ladies..When your man says No...No means No as well. Say No to sexual assault. Find out more from the picture messages.

Pics: http://talk2cb..co.uk/2016/01/pictures-series-passing-powerful.html

Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by falconey(m): 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by octopusfreaky(f): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
evil dresses exposing boobs and fresh laps corrupt good mind..Shikena.
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Strahovski1(m): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
I agree. There is no excuse for rape. Even a woman unclad should not be raped.
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
Exactly!!!!

Like What's Your business if I decide to walk around nakèd ?undecided
it's My body!!!

There's No excuse for sexual assault..And these Evil perpetrators/Miscreants need to be hunted down, castrated and killed!

Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Laveda(f): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
In as much as there's no justification for rãpe...
Some ladies should tone down the indecent dressing a bit ...too many perverts around undecided

1 Like

Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Smellymouth: 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
Hhmmmm
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
This post is very ignorant.
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
darkenedrebel:
This post is very ignorant.
I think I Like it!wink

Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
Estharfabian:
I think I Like it!wink

The author of the post is a partisan of indecent dressing. How is it even likeable?
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
darkenedrebel:

The author of the post is a partisan of indecent dressing. How is it even likeable?
You're losing The point here michael.

undecided
Nothing justifies Rapè, Not even if the Victim Was Unclad to the bones With A painting on her Forehead with the inscription "I'm hôrny''...

1 Like

Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Talk2CB: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
Even if your wife or husband says No...No Is No. No matter the dressing, No matter the proximity of closeness when couples are unclad..If one party says no...No should be No. grin
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
Estharfabian:
You're losing The point here michael.

undecided
Nothing justifies Rapè, Not even if the Victim Was Unclad to the bones With A painting on her Forehead with the inscription "I'm hôrny''...

I understood what he/she was trying to say, but I thought it was ignorant.
Nothing justifies ràpe, but, that doesn't mean caution should be thrown to the wind.

Nothing justifies murder as well. Does that imply that you should jump in front of a speeding vehicle & expect not to get killed? After all you don't deserve to have your life cut short from you.

Same applies with forceful séx. Does that mean a teenage girl wearing nothing except for a thin pant & bra should walk the streets or dark alleys @ 10pm? After all she don't deserve to be sexually molested?
That's ludicrous.

Wisdom should be applied. You can be nàked if you want - that's if you are sure no harm would come to you, but when you provoke & stir perverted minds and get ràped for it, you share the blame for whatever befalls you. You can't eat your cake & have it.
I think Christians said something like - Never put God to the test.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I understood what he/she was trying to say, but I thought it was ignorant.
Nothing justifies ràpe, but, that doesn't mean caution should be thrown to the wind.

Nothing justifies murder as well. Does that imply that you should jump in front of a speeding vehicle & expect not to get killed? After all you don't deserve to have your life cut short from you.

Same applies with forceful séx. Does that mean a teenage girl wearing nothing except for a thin pant & bra should walk the streets or dark alleys @ 10pm? After all she don't deserve to be sexually molested?
That's ludicrous.

Wisdom should be applied. You can be nàked if you want - that's if you are sure no harm would come to you, but when you provoke & stir perverted minds and get ràped for it, you share the blame for whatever befalls you. You can't eat your cake & have it.
I think Christians said something like - Never put God to the test.
Alright!undecided

You make A fair point.
The idea is a bit shallow....Laughable actually!; D

I get the idea of throwing Caution to the wind...Notwithstanding, These Deluded Rapists Would still engage in this Spiteful activities even if You Was Wearing an Hijab And A Raincoat.

So, what's gonna be Your take on this?undecided
The Real Criminals are The Rapîsts....And the world needs to be Rid of them. Forever!
Okay, You didn't say otherwise!undecided

Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by digitite: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nothing bad should be justified. But not everyone has self control. Therefore, to be forwarned is to be forearmed.
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
The point of the "no matter what you're wearing" argument is not to encourage whatever u or I consider "indecent" dressing.
If you've ever seen the "Steps to Avoid Rape" list, you will recall that it only has one step:
Don't rape.

The fact is, we can't control what other people wear. And no matter how many people are dressed like nuns, there will always be a few dressed like strippers or prostitutes. And they don't deserve to be raped either. No matter what they're wearing at ANY time of night. Or are men animals? That if u catch them at a certain time in a certain outfit they miiight rape u?

Stop putting the onus on women. That's the point. A woman should be able to wear whatever she wants and NOT GET RAPED. The point is not that girls should apply sense or modesty, the point is that men should not rape. Stop acting like its natural or inevitable. And ofc acknowledge the fact that a lot of rapes don't occur because the girl was just looking way too sëxy.
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by chriskosherbal(m): 2:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
At least let them still try and dress responsibly.
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
Estharfabian:
Alright!undecided
You make A fair point.
The idea is a bit shallow....Laughable actually!; D

It's also misleading.

Estharfabian:
[font=serif
I get the idea of throwing Caution to the wind...Notwithstanding, These Deluded Rapists Would still engage in this Spiteful activities even if You Was Wearing an Hijab And A Raincoat

Yeah, but the chances of them getting ràped are minimal.
It's not about wearing hijabs or over-sized surplices. I'm not saying sexiness cannot be exuded, or a little flesh cannot be flaunted. It's about been in the right place @ the right time. It's not everywhere I go that I wear jewellery. Especially when I'm walking through the slums/ghetto in the evening. It's just as a precaution, & to reduce the chances of me getting jumped, or having my chain botched from me. You get my point?

Estharfabian:
[font=serif
So, what's gonna be Your take on this?undecided
The Real Criminals are The Rapîsts....And the world needs to be Rid of them. Forever!
Okay, You didn't say otherwise!:-

Yeah, the real criminals are the ràpists.

The world can never be devoid of evil. That's why it's essential that girls ditch this naïveté clouding their senses, & avoid getting themselves in situations where they are extremely helpless.
Some ladies act so dümb so times. It irks me.

They should also learn basic self-defense skills, and strive to be as street wise as possible. It's better to be prepared for the unexpected.

10 Likes

Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Talk2CB: 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
People are looking at things from a narrow point of view. Men also get raped despite no going or dressing unclad. Babies, Kids are raped as well. Most men force sex on their wives even when they say No. Because they believe the woman is now their property so they can do it as they like and when it pleases them even if she doesn't consent.

If a wife is asleep and the husband penetrates without her consent only to wake up with Jnr inside her it's still considered as rape. If a woman agrees to sex and says stop during intercourse or signals she doesn't want anymore, if the man continues his motion despite her No...it still amounts to rape.

Even if you smooch,kiss, touch ,explore for 1 hr with the lady's consent clad or unclad, it is still not a go ahead for penetration sex unless she agrees to it. So the matter of dressing, going unclad doesn't arise. The fact that she is unclad with the guy in bed is not a Yes and definitely not an excuse for Rape. cheesy
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Oahray: 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
True, nothing justifies rape.

Still, it's not just enough to say do not rape no matter what the other person wears or does. It's about as feasible as saying do not rob no matter how much cash and jewelry anyone is flaunting. Ethics is not universal for every human.

In an ideal world, everyone has perfect self-control. However our world is far from ideal. It's full of perverts of both gender... Some ladies who get a kick out of exhibitionism... Some men who can't put a leash on their thoughts before it becomes action... Persons with no self-control whatsoever.

Do not plant sexual thoughts in the head of anyone if you can help it, and yes, many persons are influenced by what they see. You might not be the victim, but these thoughts are built upon until the psycho finds the perfect victim and opportunity. After all, it doesn't take an astronaut to know that the same thing one lady is flaunting in a miniskirt is what another is hiding in a hijab.

Do not promote an overly sexualized image of yourself, and try to avoid situations in which you'd be helpless. Goes a long way in avoiding the avoidable.
Re: Regardless Of What We Are Wearing There Is No Justification For Sexual Assault' by Aremu01(m): 7:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Tell that to a man without conscience

(1) (Reply)

Define The Relationship / Why Men So Weak Nowadays(Men get your power back)? / Married Woman Gets Stuck With Lover During Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.