Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist (1440 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Mock The Atheist. / The Atheist Creed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2009
I provided several parallels using your so called 'analysis'. . .is that such a bad thing?

And oh,i already gave my analysis as to why atheism is not religion. I suggest you read back.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by bawomolo(m): 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2009
Smh at segregation sipping into an internet forum.

Stop being sensitive guys.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tudór:

I provided several parallels using your so called 'analysis'. . .is that such a bad thing?

And oh,[b]i already gave my analysis [/b]as to why atheism is not religion. I suggest you read back.

I just checked again. I cant see any analysis of ur assertion in ur posts.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 6:23am On Jun 28, 2009
Look deeply. . .stop looking for what you wanna see and appreciate what is written.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Krayola(m): 7:20am On Jun 28, 2009
noetic2:

what is a religion?

Religion is a belief in an unseen order. And that our supreme good lies in harmoniously adjusting ourselves hereto.

Atheism does not fit the bill.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by manmustwac(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2009
If atheism were indeed a religion, then theists would have no reason to criticise atheism being taught in schools as part of religious education, or even the setting up of atheist-run schools alongside Baptist, Catholic and Muslim schools.

Somehow, I think voices may be raised in protest should that happen.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2009
manmustwac:

If atheism were indeed a religion, then theists would have no reason to criticise atheism being taught in schools as part of religious education, or even the setting up of atheist-run schools alongside Baptist, Catholic and Muslim schools.

this makes no sense.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2009
Tudór:

Look deeply. . .stop looking for what you wanna see and appreciate what is written.

hilarious grin how does whats written objectively analyse the subject of discourse?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2009
Good question.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 3:31pm On Jun 28, 2009
Tudór:

Good question.

and where is ur answer? grin grin
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2009
It one page back. . . .
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by PastorAIO: 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2009
Krayola:

Religion is a belief in an unseen order. And that our supreme good lies in harmoniously adjusting ourselves hereto.

What an excellent definition! I say something similar but I don't word it quite as clearly and succinctly.

Religion is a belief in Order. AND harmoniously adjusting ourselves to it. That 'AND' part is very important.

I believe that wearing trainers is good for my posture. This belief is NOT my religion.

I believe that there is a fundamental order to creation, call it God's Will or call it Logos or whatever. That belief is not my religion.

However the practice of harmonizing myself to this Order, of reconciling myself to it, is my religion.

In other words religion is a set of practices based on Beliefs about the world. Religion is not the belief itself.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by PastorAIO: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2009
Is one who believes in the existence of Satan automatically a Satanist?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by 3kings: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2009
Pastor AIO:

What an excellent definition!  I say something similar but I don't word it quite as clearly and succinctly. 

Religion is a belief in Order.  AND harmoniously adjusting ourselves to it.  That 'AND' part is very important.

I believe that wearing trainers is good for my posture.  This belief is NOT my religion.

I believe that there is a fundamental order to creation, call it God's Will or call it Logos or whatever.  That belief is not my religion. 

However the practice of harmonizing myself to this Order, of reconciling myself to it, is my religion. 

In other words religion is a set of practices based on Beliefs about the world.  Religion is not the belief itself. 

i love it "However the practice of harmonizing myself to this Order, of reconciling myself to it, is my religion." that is what athiest, christian, muslim etc are all doing -"the practice of harmonizing myself to this Order, of reconciling myself to it, is my religion."
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by 3kings: 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2009
if i may put it directly
Athiest are practicing to harmonizing themself to this Order (which is there is no God), of reconciling themself to it, is thier religion. 

Christians are practicing to harmonizing themself to this Order (which is there is God), of reconciling  themself to it, is thier religion. 

muslim are practicing to harmonizing themself to this Order (which is there is Allah), of reconciling themself to it, is thier religion.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2009
^^^As usual your tainted christian logic is seriously warped
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by manmustwac(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2009
noetic2:

this makes no sense.
Can u explain what i said in my last post that dosen't make sense?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2009
manmustwac:

Can u explain what i said in my last post that dosen't make sense?

everything.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by manmustwac(m): 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2009
noetic2:

Atheism is as such classified as a belief. . . .since it depends on the hope and faith that there is no GOD.
Atheism as a belief is a such a RELIGION.

Isn't that what u said?

What i posted below was my reply

manmustwac:

And you say it dosen't make sense. When i asked u why it dosen't make sense the best answer you can come up with is everything Can't u be more specific than that?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by noetic2: 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2009
manmustwac:

Isn't that what u said?

What i posted below was my reply
And you say it dosen't make sense. When i asked u why it dosen't make sense the best answer you can come up with is everything Can't u be more specific than that?

No. I said far more than that. . . go back n check.

This is however about what u wrote, it neither has a head nor tail.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by 3kings: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
Tudór:

^^^As usual your tainted christian logic is seriously warped

hope u didnt refer to my post but if u did thanks but from what i understand about athiest is that all athiest are ever harmonizing themselves to the order - there is no God, and in all ur post is ur continual assertion that God doesnt exist. so what is warped abt that?
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2009
So people that harmonise themselves to the order ''i believe in santa clause'' is that religion?
What of those in the order ''i believe in aliens'' guess thats religion too, right?

Like i said your biased christian logic is SERIOUSLY WARPED.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by PastorAIO: 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2009
Santa Claus is not an order. You can believe in an inherent order, you can believe in aliens, you can believe your shoes are brown. You can believe a whole heap of different things. That doesn't mean that you are practicing a religion.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by 3kings: 7:27am On Jun 30, 2009
@ Pastor AIO

thanks for stating it. i was about to reply him tudor that i dont believe in santa claus so i dont practice santa clausism but i beleieve in the existence of God forever blessed and so i practice working closer and adapting myself to the knowledge of God's existence and everything related to Him.

@Tudor
Even though u dont want to accept this simple explanation, here is it again, u are practicing ur belief - by denying God does not exist  (your order) and always u and all athiest have in your explanation, discussion, presentation have harmonize yourselves to the fact that God does not exist and all that is against the knowledge of God's existence.
Re: Seun Plz. Create A Forum For The Atheist by Tudor6(f): 8:27am On Jun 30, 2009
Are you blind?
Pastor AIO and I have shown you that believing ain't neccessarily religion and you're still recycling the same old nonsense. Haba!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Jesus Christ Really Archangel Micheal? / Free Will in Man -what have you produced with it on Earth? / Origin Of Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.