Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,362 members, 7,850,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:29 PM

10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) (5612 Views)

$200 Billion To Be Repatriated Back To Nigeria From Dubai In Few Days / Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco / About Ghadafi And Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by RichyBlacK(m): 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2009
Bialegend:

All you guys should stop yarning nonsense as if you all are foreigners in nigeria. Have you guys thought about the fact that ashawo is an accepted tradition in Edo? There is nothing like the men didn't do their work to stop their  daughters or that the women didn't do their work enough. All these were girls that were sent out on consent of their parents in accordance to their tradition. So stop yarning al this rubbish as if you guys are surprise.

@Bialegend,
I find it hard to agree with you on that.

Do you have any source, article, report, video, paper, thesis, etc. to substantiate your assertion in any way? Thanks.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Bialegend(m): 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2009
RichyBlacK:

@Bialegend,
I find it hard to agree with you on that.

Do you have any source, article, report, video, paper, thesis, etc. to substantiate your assertion in any way? Thanks.
What have been happening and what is happening at the moment in regards to how edo women are trooping out for nothing else other than to do ashawo work in various parts of the world would have allarmed you as the source, article, report, video, paper, thesis, etc. to substantiate my assertion for you. Do you know that Edo people have more females that males outside nigeria husling for money?
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by RichyBlacK(m): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2009
Bialegend:

What have been happening and what is happening at the moment in regards to how edo women are trooping out for nothing else other than to do ashawo work in various parts of the world would have allarmed you as the source, article, report, video, paper, thesis, etc. to substantiate my assertion for you. Do you know that Edo people have more females that males outside nigeria husling for money?

But why would a man, a real man, allow his tender 13-year old daughter to suffer so much? Don't we have poor people from many parts of Nigeria and even the world?

What kind of culture/tradition/mores would support killing the soul of a 13-year old girl?

I'm just confused.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Bialegend(m): 12:34am On Jun 30, 2009
RichyBlacK:

But why would a man, a real man, allow his tender 13-year old daughter to suffer so much? Don't we have poor people from many parts of Nigeria and even the world?

What kind of culture/tradition/mores would support killing the soul of a 13-year old girl?

I'm just confused.
Yes, it might mean a lot to you, but to Edos, that is absolutely nothing. Do you know that in some parts of India, it is normal in their tradition for a male child to lay his mother? How disgusting is that to you? but to them in that party of India, it is a normal thing. Another man's food, so go figure.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 1:24am On Jun 30, 2009
Bialegend:

All you guys should stop yarning nonsense as if you all are foreigners in nigeria. Have you guys thought about the fact that ashawo is an accepted tradition in Edo? There is nothing like the men didn't do their work to stop their  daughters or that the women didn't do their work enough. All these were girls that were sent out on consent of their parents in accordance to their tradition. So stop yarning al this rubbish as if you guys are surprise.

I modified my post after reading the article below

Apart from “Idia Renaissance,” Edo Cultural Association also raised an alarm over the sex trade. On September 14, 1998, the association wrote to Oba of Benin on the festering issue of prostitution in Edol and. The letter said prostitution had become a ravaging fire spreading from city to city, village to village and house to house in Edo State. “There is practically no home in Edoland without a girl being sent to Belgium, Holland, Spain, England and especially this country, Italy” it said.

The letter cited the often-quoted, well-researched statistics in Italian press, saying Nigerian prostitutes accounted for 50 percent of all foreign nationals (Albanians, Croats, other Africans, the Poles etc.) It said that amongst Nigerian prostitutes, 90 percent came from Edo State. “That means for every 10 Nigerian prostitutes killed by assassins, AIDS, or other job hazards, Edo women stand nine chances of being victims. This is no exaggeration,” it said.

The association observed that the trend had so degenerated that children of 14 to 20 years of age were being lured away from schools to face the high risk of sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS, assassins, and even freezing winter in Italy in search of money. “Women now desert their matrimonial homes with a few months’ old babies. Some men deliberately send their wives. Parents sign for their daughters to join the slave boat. We could go on and on," it said.

The association said prostitution in Italy was at its most dangerous form, adding that Edo people in Italy had become the butt of caustic humour by other Nigerians. The association recalled its recent meeting with T.S.O. Olumoko, the Nigerian charge d’ affaires in Italy who insisted that Edo State was not the poorest in Nigeria. “Your people are not the poorest in Nigeria; other Nigerian women who choose to stay in Nigeria carry their poverty with dignity. How is it that most of your women came here to use themselves to make money, Please do something about this ugly situation, My wife is a Bini woman, she is ashamed, ,” Olumoko was quoted as saying. The association then pleaded with the royal father to do something, pledging to supply the necessary back-up information to assist in stemming the tide of local and international prostitution.
http://www.onlinenigeria.com/aids/edo_prosti.asp

Can someone from Edo state explain if this is really true.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by RichyBlacK(m): 4:16am On Jun 30, 2009
$osisi:

I modified my post after reading the article below

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/aids/edo_prosti.asp

Can someone from Edo state explain if this is really true.

Did the Oba do anything to assist the Edo Cultural Association?
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by samparian(m): 5:51am On Jun 30, 2009
i dont doubt this post. there are too many nigerians abroad and more are looking for the means to flee.
sometime last year, 36 nigerians were arrested in a single raid by Chinese immigration and later deported when the fines and ticket fees were paid.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2009
13 years of age as sex slave, i think the men that are using such kids shd be jailed forever.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by dnex(m): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2009
Yes O! They are all Edo girls. Right now in Benin, spaniards or Italians cannot communicate secretly in their language cos 1 in 10 Bini girls converse in their languages fluently.

The only misconception I want to correct about this whole thing is that the girls are the ones that put in all effort to make sure that they are picked by scouts to go to Europe and do the work.

In 2004, I went out with a girl who told me since she's just finished her diploma she was bored at home watching home videos till everything was set for her to go to Italy to start "work". It was only early this year I was able to contact her via Facebook and it took several requests. Another girl who is still in Benin right now paid her air ticket to and from Abuja just to take part in an audition for girls that will go to Italy. She had all the assets, but unfortunately, she wasn't among those who made it.

I'm surprised that Europe has imposed the word tradickers on us. The truth is that these girls solicit a SPONSOR to make a downpayment and stand as surety for them, hire an AGENT to help them get to their destination, and then go under the uttelage of a MADAME. They are not the victims, they are the practitioners doing their jobs.

As for the 10,000 girls, that figure is just too round. By the way, who the hell is Afrol news or whatever?

I'm in Edo state and from Edo state. Prostitution is not a culture here. It is very difficult for you to get the services of a prostitute in Benin, unlike Lagos. But when it comes to Europe, I believe 90% of all prostitutes in italy and spain are Edos.

Edo people just believe so much in travelling abroad without a clear indication of what to do and with a strong hatred for menial jobs, hence prostitution. The boys have been left behind for ages but suddenly, Yahoo.

True Story!
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by kshow1(m): 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2009
dnex:

I'm in Edo state and from Edo state. Prostitution is not a culture here. It is very difficult for you to get the services of a prostitute in Benin, unlike Lagos. But when it comes to Europe, I believe 90% of all prostitutes in italy and spain are Edos.

Edo people just believe so much in travelling abroad without a clear indication of what to do and with a strong hatred for menial jobs, hence prostitution. The boys have been left behind for ages but suddenly, Yahoo.

True Story!

Need not to say more.
But what is the government doing about this.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by SammyJay2: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2009
Funny enough a large number of these girls are not told they are traveling 2 go and Bleep. All they wanted was to earn a living in Europe, where wealth circulates as told. But when they get there, they meet a different thing on ground since they are not skilled enough to join the workforce. so put ourselves in their shoes,
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by JustGood(m): 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2009
Sammy Jay:

Funny enough a large number of these girls are not told they are traveling 2 go and mess. All they wanted was to earn a living in Europe, where wealth circulates as told. But when they get there, they meet a different thing on ground since they are not skilled enough to join the workforce. so put ourselves in their shoes,

My friend, please speak/write according to knowledge.

@dnex, thanks for spilling the straight truth. I have known girls scrambling for sponsors to Italy in order to prositute since the nineties. I know quite a few who left at the time and they vanished when they were successful. I know some guys back then who used to be visa procurers for the agents and they girls used to almost worship these guys just for a chance to get to Europe/Italy. I still remember the guys who used the girls as play things prior to getting their visas to get and prostitute in Italy.

I'll never believe that any of those girls was co-erced into prostitution. There are more than enough of the pretty Benin girls who are desperately offering themselves. How then will any unwilling person find themselves in the position.

abeg make we quiet make we no wash our dirty linen publicly.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Fhemmmy: 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2009
Sammy Jay:

Funny enough a large number of these girls are not told they are traveling 2 go and mess. All they wanted was to earn a living in Europe, where wealth circulates as told. But when they get there, they meet a different thing on ground since they are not skilled enough to join the workforce. so put ourselves in their shoes,

i so much agree with you and i heard that sometimes, they seize their passports till the girls paid some amount of money that might even take almost forever to pay it.
But again, it is a matter of demand and supplier, if the demand for such babes aint there, the supply will freeze, so instead of dealing the babes, they need to destroy the demand as well and the love-vendor daddies.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2009
Either they know or don't know, wallahi its their own pallava.
A random stranger offers you a bad of roses, shouldn't your first instinct be to run as fast as you can away from that stranger.
Nothing comes free in life that should be the lesson to learn from this
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Fhemmmy: 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

Either they know or don't know, wallahi its their own pallava.
A random stranger offers you a bad of roses, shouldn't your first instinct be to run as fast as you can away from that stranger.
Nothing comes free in life that should be the lesson to learn from this

You have a point, but sometimes when you are faced with a life of no choice, you will accept almost anything that is better than what you are used to.
I dont think there is woman that will wake and said, she wanna fukc to make a living, but when no opportunity.
When she is done with school and cant get a job.
Every man that wanna help her wanna smell her kitten be4 giving her a hong that is not even guaranteed.
When the bank wont give her a loan cos she has a name that doest end with what is known and she is from a poor family of no collaterals.
When her parents now look at her to go and make a living and putting her under pressure {as if they never had a chance in life to make a difference and they never did}
Such girl will see any other thing on the other side as a greener pasture.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2009
But 13 ,14 and 15 year olds?
How can a young teenager make such a decision uncoerced
where are her parents?

I have no sympathy for the grown 20 year olds that choose to do ashewo work,let them ruin theur lives if they wish
It's the kids I'm concerned about.This is heartbreaking
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
@ Fhemmmy those are good points that you make. Should these girls be allowed to play the victim card at all?

@ Osisi I wonder in how many cases/100 the parents were aware of what is going on?
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2009
dnex:

Yes O! They are all Edo girls. Right now in Benin, spaniards or Italians cannot communicate secretly in their language cos 1 in 10 Bini girls converse in their languages fluently.

The only misconception I want to correct about this whole thing is that the girls are the ones that put in all effort to make sure that they are picked by scouts to go to Europe and do the work.

In 2004, I went out with a girl who told me since she's just finished her diploma she was bored at home watching home videos till everything was set for her to go to Italy to start "work". It was only early this year I was able to contact her via Facebook and it took several requests. Another girl who is still in Benin right now paid her air ticket to and from Abuja just to take part in an audition for girls that will go to Italy. She had all the assets, but unfortunately, she wasn't among those who made it.

I'm surprised that Europe has imposed the word tradickers on us. The truth is that these girls solicit a SPONSOR to make a downpayment and stand as surety for them, hire an AGENT to help them get to their destination, and then go under the uttelage of a MADAME. They are not the victims, they are the practitioners doing their jobs.

As for the 10,000 girls, that figure is just too round. By the way, who the hell is Afrol news or whatever?

True Story!

This still hasn't answered the question why edo state is the center of this.
Are the parents and elders willing participants in sending these girls to do ashewo work since everyone seems to know what they are travelling out to do.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

@ Fhemmmy those are good points that you make. Should these girls be allowed to play the victim card at all?

@ Osisi I wonder in how many cases/100 the parents were aware of what is going on?

In the article I posted earlier,the edo cultural association talked of cases where married women will leave their infants and the husbands would encourage the wives to join the ashewo train to Europe and parents sign on their daughters
Until I read that yesterday from the mouth of Edo citizens,I never believed there was any culture that would encourage prostitution so blatantly.
I always thought it was frowned on by every society.
I still would not say it's cultural until I hear from dnex again
This is very disturbing.
These parents ought to be arrested
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Litmus: 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
[b]The article $osisi (f) quoates is old (not that that makes it irrelevant). If I’m not mistaken it was written in the early days of Obj’s presidency, later on when media coverage of the exploitation of these girls was at its peak Obj’s wife or was it even Babangida's wife (it was that old) even travelled to Italy.

Later, before international attention moved from these Nigerian girls to trafficked East European girls, concerned about this issue, I wanted to write a book about it and asked relatives living on the mainland to assist in gathering material. What we discovered, albeit modest research, was that seven times out of ten, girls reputedly Nigerians were not from Nigeria. Some claimed to be Nigerian, but when pressed, gave vague information or knew nothing about Nigeria. Still, as Nigerians, we have to work to discourage Nigerian girls –  members of our tribe or not – from believing that things are better abroad. Although, there are difficulties in many of these cases, that arises from the fact that their so-called relatives are involved.
[/b]
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

Not at all.
SOme uses all these as excuses and such should be dealt with, but some is out of no choice.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Bialegend(m): 6:59pm On Jun 30, 2009
@Litmus:
What we discovered, albeit modest research, was that seven times out of ten, girls reputedly Nigerians were not from Nigeria. Some claimed to be Nigerian, but when pressed, gave vague information or knew nothing about Nigeria.
Lies of the century. May be you can tell that to the foreigners that visits this site, but we indigines know much more better.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Fhemmmy: 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2009
Bialegend:

@Litmus:Lies of the century. May be you can tell that to the foreigners that visits this site, but we indigines knows much more better.

True dat
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2009
Litmus:

[b]The article $osisi (f) quoates is old (not that that makes it irrelevant). If I’m not mistaken it was written in the early days of Obj’s presidency, later on when media coverage of the exploitation of these girls was at its peak Obj’s wife or was it even Babangida's wife (it was that old) even travelled to Italy.

Later, before international attention moved from these Nigerian girls to trafficked East European girls, concerned about this issue, I wanted to write a book about it and asked relatives living on the mainland to assist in gathering material. What we discovered, albeit modest research, was that seven times out of ten, girls reputedly Nigerians were not from Nigeria. Some claimed to be Nigerian, but when pressed, gave vague information or knew nothing about Nigeria. Still, as Nigerians, we have to work to discourage our girls –  members of our tribe or not – from believing that things are better abroad. Although, there are difficulties in many of these cases, that arises from the fact that their so-called relatives are involved.
[/b]

Please do not attempt to sweep this ill under the rug.
If the indigenes of Edo state both in millions of articles online and the posters here are telling us that this is an epidemic such that many families have daughters and mothers working as prostitutes in Europe,we all as Nigerians should ask ourselves what went wrong with our people.
Why would parents allow greed to becloud their sense of judgement.
I am an Igbo girl and God knows I am not pointing any fingers at Edo indigenes,there are tons of prostitutes from Nsukka to Onitsha and I'm sure 99.9% of them are Igbo.
What we should be worried about is the fact that parents and adults who should know better are in on this international prostitution trade.
Local prostitution is bad enough but trading in it across the atlantic ocean is something else entirely.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by RichyBlacK(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
dnex:

Yes O! They are all Edo girls. Right now in Benin,  spaniards or Italians cannot communicate secretly in their language cos 1 in 10 Bini girls converse in their languages fluently.

I'm surprised that Europe has imposed the word tradickers on us. The truth is that these girls solicit a SPONSOR to make a downpayment and stand as surety for them, hire an AGENT to help them get to their destination,  and then go under the uttelage of a MADAME. They are not the victims, they are the practitioners doing their jobs.

True Story!

@dnex,

1. So, why is Edo State different from Akwa-Ibom State, Bayelsa State or Kogi State? Or can't we assume that poverty in Nigeria does not discriminate based on ethnicity?

2. Many Nigerians would like to go abroad, and most of them have no "clear indication of what to do".

3. Most Nigerians dislike menial jobs.

As an Edo man, can you tell me why this is so? Can't we blame the men for allowing the dignity of their women to be trampled on wholesale?
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Fhemmmy: 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2009
RichyBlacK:

@dnex,

1. So, why is Edo State different from Akwa-Ibom State, Bayelsa State or Kogi State? Or can't we assume that poverty in Nigeria does not discriminate based on ethnicity?

2. Many Nigerians would like to go abroad, and most of them have no "clear indication of what to do".

3. Most Nigerians dislike menial jobs.

As an Edo man, can you tell me why this is so? Can't we blame the men for allowing the dignity of their women to be trampled on wholesale?

they can go back to school and learn something and that cld help them to get a better job.
I think the family back home too shd learn not to expect too much so soon from the sacrificial lamb in abroad.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Moonstone(f): 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2009
Kai - this would cause trouble for us o! More women for men to continually mess around with and more women to pretentiously snatch husbands in form of house girls. grin grin grin

Forgetting all that - where will these girls go to? How many of them still have folks or have people who can help them out when they get here? How does the government hope to take care of these people. The people we have in this country, we can't take care of, how much more these fragile girls? Do they even have counsellors on stand-by to take these girls on?

Edo or not, the basic fact is that these are naija girls that have been emotionally dealt with and need to be treated with so much fragility and caution. How does Nigeria want to prepare for that possibility
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Litmus: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2009
Fhemmmy
Lies of the century. May be you can tell that to the foreigners that visits this site, but we indigines know much more better.

What's the point of lying, when things will remain what they are. My statements were true; you can chose to accept or disagree that is up to you. 

we indigines know much more better

What a laugh. On this forum, so long as its negative you'll all believe.

[b]When I was doing research on this thing, I discovered some horrible sites. There was one called the World Tourism Sex Guide. On the site, individuals were encouraged to send in their experiences of travelling to countries visiting prostitutes. The thread dealing on prostitution in Africa was a revelation. Many people, mostly whites, wrote of their experiences in Kenya, Ivory Coast South Africa, Ghana, Nigeria etcetera. They wrote that Kenyan women were cheap and that it was difficult to draw a distinction between prostitutes and respectable citizens because Kenyans would sell their daughters and sisters so long as the person was white. The verdict of these sex tourists on women from all the African countries, except Nigeria, was similar to that written about Kenyan women. They were especially disparaging about Ghanaian women claiming that all Ghanaian women were potential clients. On Nigeria, the tourists claimed that the prostitutes there often tried to dupe them, take them to places were they could be ambushed and so on. They also said that the Nigerian prostitutes were more expensive. Would you believe that this last, brought angry responses from some black people who saw these disgusting propositions as some sort of backhanded compliment to Nigerian women?  There I was, offended on behalf of African women, trying to get that site closed, sending African embassies letters pointing them to the sight etcetera  and these black people claiming to be Nigerian men were writing to the site advising the white men not to pay the Nigerian prostitutes higher money than they did other African prostitutes and advising the white men to maltreat Nigerian women.   

The point of this is to illustrate that there are many people out there very ready to embarrass Nigerians. Inflating figures is only a small thing.
[/b]
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Tudor6(f): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2009
Na wa oo
sex tourists??
What the hell is that?
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by dnex(m): 12:18am On Jul 01, 2009
Osun O! I don't know what other language to say this in again, but lemme try caps: THESE GIRLS ARE NOT TRICKED OR FORCED TO GO INTO THIS TRADE, THERE'S ACTUALLY A MAD SCRAMBLE TO BE AMONG THE NEXT BATCH TO GO.

@ $osisi

12 year old Bini girl don tear eye O! No even think am.

There are girls whose father's are late that have threaten their mothers with suicide if they don't sell whatever landed property their fathers left behind in order to have enough money to mobilise their trip abroad for prostitution. There is not a single child in Edo state that you will mention Italy to that will not know you're talking about prostitution. In fact, there's a joke around the South that Italy is the capital of Benin.

Sammy Jay & Phemmy, please stop all this misinformation. They not only know what they are going to do, they work towards it. They even have auditions where the travel agent from Italy will inspect them Naked, checking their breasts, butts and all to be sure they're prime material.

Did I ever mention that it was poverty that made them go into prostitution? It's the love for opulence.

Why should you ask me how come It's Edo girls that mostly prostitute abroad? How come It's mostly mallams that change dollars? How come It's mostly nnas that sell spare parts? Perhaps the first person that ventured in these businesses where from those tribes and they've since locked down the business.

Okay, when a girl is arrested for a prostitution related offence, do you expect her to say "yes, I decided to come to Italy to prostitute because I want to have enough money to oppress my mates when I get back to Benin in 3 years time"?

If they were victimized and so tricked to go and prostitute, how come those that are repatriated are still doing all it takes to go back.

Please, don't ask me what the government is doing about it. The government has enough on its table to bother about rather than greed of a group of girls, no matter how large the group.

I don tire to explain jare.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by dinggle: 1:04am On Jul 01, 2009
Left with me those girls should be left where are to face the square root of the path they follow. Its is only when they suffer raped or are killed that the information will trickle down home. I agree with Bialegend. These girls were not tricked out!, infact they are even the leaders. They know these routes more than the guys. And for govt to waste tax payers money to repatriate prostitute isnt worth it, instead that money should be used to support those who took the hard and difficult decision not to follow that path. Many of these girls when they are deported by North African govts, still find their way back. The one word they usually forget is that nearly cant kill a bird and not all can be lucky to cross into europe alive with out deportation. The motivation of the girls at home is for one girl to make it out of a thousand. Lack of education has killed their ability to reason situations out. They just think that because Arabs have strict sexual law they can survive under the umbrella of their pussies.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 1:52am On Jul 01, 2009
dnex:

Osun O! I don't know what other language to say this in again, but lemme try caps: THESE GIRLS ARE NOT TRICKED OR FORCED TO GO INTO THIS TRADE, THERE'S ACTUALLY A MAD SCRAMBLE TO BE AMONG THE NEXT BATCH TO GO.

@ $osisi

12 year old Bini girl don tear eye O! No even think am.

There are girls whose father's are late that have threaten their mothers with suicide if they don't sell whatever landed property their fathers left behind in order to have enough money to mobilise their trip abroad for prostitution. There is not a single child in Edo state that you will mention Italy to that will not know you're talking about prostitution. In fact, there's a joke around the South that Italy is the capital of Benin.

Sammy Jay & Phemmy, please stop all this misinformation. They not only know what they are going to do, they work towards it. They even have auditions where the travel agent from Italy will inspect them Naked, checking their breasts, butts and all to be sure they're prime material.

Did I ever mention that it was poverty that made them go into prostitution? It's the love for opulence.

Why should you ask me how come It's Edo girls that mostly prostitute abroad? How come It's mostly mallams that change dollars? How come It's mostly nnas that sell spare parts? Perhaps the first person that ventured in these businesses where from those tribes and they've since locked down the business.

Okay, when a girl is arrested for a prostitution related offence, do you expect her to say "yes, I decided to come to Italy to prostitute because I want to have enough money to oppress my mates when I get back to Benin in 3 years time"?

If they were victimized and so tricked to go and prostitute, how come those that are repatriated are still doing all it takes to go back.

Please, don't ask me what the government is doing about it. The government has enough on its table to bother about rather than greed of a group of girls, no matter how large the group.

I don tire to explain jare.
This is the same denex I remember from our diaspora threads
This is a sad situation really

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abbreviations And Their Full Meaning In Nigeria / Aisha Buhari Never Travelled To The United States - PDP / Tinubu Must Not Fall!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.