Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco (29513 Views)

APC On Self-destruction...as Fresh Power Blocs Emerges / Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco / Breaking News!! Biafra Referendum For Self-determination, to be Supervised By Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Ohammadike: 7:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has thrown his weight behind the people of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, SADR, otherwise called Western Sahara, stating that Nigeria would ensure the realization of their self-determination and independence.

He however said the secession would be pursued in full recognition of the several extant resolutions of the African Union, AU, on the right of the Sahrawi people for self-determination.

The struggle for independence Checks by Vanguard indicated that the SADR is a partially recognized state that controls a thin strip of area in the Western Sahara region and claims sovereignty over the entire territory of Western Sahara, a former Spanish colony.

According to Wikipedia, the country was proclaimed by the Polisario Front on February 27, 1976, in Bir Lehlou, Western Sahara.

The SADR government controls about 20–25% of the territory it claims and calls the territories under its control the Liberated Territories or the Free Zone.

On the on other hand, Morocco controls and administers the rest of the disputed territory and calls the lands its Southern Provinces.

While SADR government considers the Moroccan-held territory to be occupied territory, Morocco also considers the much smaller SADR-held territory to be a buffer zone.

The claimed capital of the SADR is Laayoune, while the temporary capital which was due to the government incursion is Tifariti also previously known as Bir Lehlou.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/buhari-backs-western-sahara-on-self-determination-from-morocco/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by nickxtra(m): 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2016
Good one from him. Western Sahara must be free.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by SUPERPACK: 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2016
hypocrisy at its best

310 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by lekkie073(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
and biafra too ....shocked

153 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by dtruth3(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
I swear Bubu is a confirmed confused Nincompoop!
I saw that news on AIT and I was like cry cry why did Allah decide to punish this man with deteriorating brain cells?

Imagine the hypocrisy? Supporting others for self determination, while refusing the one happening at your back door?

Now I believe something is wrong with his BRAIN! It's either he is an Idiat, or he is really an Idi.ot

336 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Trut(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
I love his support for sahara, **** on the way

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by seunny4lif(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by kingbasil: 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2016
dtruth3:
I swear Bubu is a confirmed confused nincompoop! I saw that on AIT and I was like cry cry why did Allah decide to punish this man with deteriorating brain cells?

Imagine the hypocrisy? Supporting others for self determination, while refusing the one happening at your back door?

Now I believe something is wrong with his BRAIN! It's either he is an Idiat, or he is really an Idi.ot

Bottomline is that he is an idiot...

248 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by dtruth3(m): 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
kingbasil:

Bottomline is that he is an idiot...
I tell you!

161 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
dtruth3:
I swear my father is a confirmed confused Nincompoop!
I saw that news on AIT and I was like cry cry why did xukwu abiamma okikeeee decide to punish my father with deteriorating brain cell?

Now I believe something is wrong with my father's BRAIN! It's either he is an Idiat, or he is really an Idi.ot

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by kingbasil: 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2016
Buhari is the biggest hypocrite known to mankind...

166 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
The kind thunder wey go strike that buhari

ehhh...

its unprecedented !!

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by BlackTechnology: 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2016
You kick against Biafra but support other Muslim separatists.

Buhari is an anti Christ

188 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by BeClever: 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
UNFOLDING, JUST UNFOLDING!! !!!!!!

Continue watching !!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by mile12crises: 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
Heaven knows I hate and despise that lanky dullard from Daura.

The Gambari mallam have ended up hardening the heart of those that were hitherto indifferent on the biafran struggle.

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
dtruth3:
Otolo na nweghi Nne na Nna gba gbu'kwa gi

Mynd44.

BlackTechnology:
You kick against Biafra but support other Muslim separatists.
Buhari is an anti Christ

This one don't have shame. You keep switching handles, from whitetechnology to BlackTechnology. Next will be yellow, green, brown and so so technology.

Your life is so messed up.
Pathetic!

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by BlackTechnology: 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

This one don't have shame. You keep switching handles, from whitetechnology to BlackTechnology. Next will be yellow, green, brown and so so technology.

Your life is so messed up.
Pathetic!

Your President is a bloody hypocrite.

God is disgracing him.

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by akegists: 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2016
Western Sahara must be free but not Biafra? Continue your double standards

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Sijo01(f): 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
Yet you're fighting IPOB. Hypocrite of the highest order.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
God bless PMB
God bless one Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Flashh: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
Really?!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by shamecurls(m): 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
Share for Okro soup

Like for Ogbono soup

Quote for Banga soup

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hmmm......

The Western Sahara issue is not like the Biafra issue for these reasons

1.Western Sahara was a colony of Spain (was called Spanish Morocco)....while Morocco proper was a colony of France.

2. Morocco got independence from France in the 1960's. Western Sahara did not get independence till 1975.

3.When Spain quit Western Sahara.....Morocco and Mauritania marched in and split the country between themselves.

4.Eventually, Mauritania left its half of Western Sahara....which was taken over by Morocco eventually.

5.The OAU (Now AU) Strongly censured Morocco for its activity....and as a result....Morocco pulled out of the then OAU in 1975. Since then, they have stayed out.

6.Since the 1970's,Nigeria has always backed the Western Sahara.....in line with OAU/AU mandates. So..Buhari is just continuing an old policy...which is backed by all other African states.

Sorry,but this ain't Biafra in the desert....

Modified at 10pm:

To all those responding with abuse to my post....my making this my comment does not in anyway stop you from fighting or agitating for Biafra.It is a democracy.....you are free to do that, and I am free to oppose you.

At the same time,let us do it with decorum in speech. Calling someone names because he or she say something that challenges your beliefs does nothing to convince people of the rightness of your beliefs.I did not insult anyone in making my comment, nor did I stop anyone from fighting for Biafra by my comment. So...why the insults.? Is this the language you use in public?

If we can all speak with civility and with tolerance for each other...our Nairaland would be a better place.

Thank you and it is goodnight from me

102 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by naija1stpikin: 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hypocrisy doesn't get any worse than this

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by ednut1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
Lol. Buhari is joking with Morocco's security o grin. He no wan support biafra bt can support dese pple. On a more serious note south sudan used to blame d north for thier woes. Alas they got their wish. Under 2 years president nd Vice president don start war. North sudan con get peace hehehehe. Naso biafrans go do o. U go hear anambra igbo is superior to abia igbo grin.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by slimpoppa(m): 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
are u serious?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by sirwilly1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ok o. Come give us Biafra

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by APCcrimesHD: 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
f
Re: Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco by Monimatic(m): 8:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
FOOLISH CERTIFICATELESS PRESIDENT

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria May Experience Blackout As Bandits Threaten Takeover Of Shiroro Station / North-West, South-West Lead As INEC Registers 96.2 Million / Governor Aliyu Pulls-out Of New Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.