Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,757 members, 7,955,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:40 PM

10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) (5651 Views)

$200 Billion To Be Repatriated Back To Nigeria From Dubai In Few Days / Buhari Backs Western Sahara On Self-determination From Morocco / About Ghadafi And Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by muhsin(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2009
10, 000 girls to be repatriated to Nigeria

afrol News, 26 June - More than 10, 000 Nigerian girls held captive as sex slaves in Morocco and Libya are to be repatriated, the House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora has revealed in a statement.

The girls reportedly from Edo State, the southern part of the country, aged between 13 and 17, had been held captive by sex slave traders, the statement said.

According to the Committee statement, it is currently working with relevant authorities and Non-Governmental Organisations to ensure the safe return of the young girls.

The committee said it would further stage an aggressive campaign to educate parents and girls on the dangers of prostitution, especially for young girls in remote areas. “We are going to be working with you and the committee will try to tackle this matter. We are going to sensitise people in the states,” the statement said.

The local NGOs have also expressed concern on the situation of young girls saying a number of them were taken as sex slaves from Nigeria en route to Europe before they were trapped in Morocco and Libya.

Some of the girls are reportedly pregnant and infected with various diseases including HIV/AIDS and had been sent to jail in the two countries while others are now at the mercy of their slave masters according to reports.

The Libyan and Moroccan authorities are reportedly fed up with the presence of the girls, putting them in jail time and again. The girls are also living at a high risk as they could be eliminated or subjected to different inhuman treatment by the host nations according to reports.

By staff writer

© afrol News

The Source
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by philip0906(m): 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2009
10, 000 girls to be repatriated to Nigeria
shocked shocked.e b like say d average naija girl na only 2 Bleep dem know(sex slaves or not). shocked
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by vigasimple(m): 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2009
I hope they got the figures wrong, like it is 100 or 1000 BUT 10,000, that is SERIOUS PROBLEM. SHAME ON NIGERIA
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Tudor6(f): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2009
Oh poor girls. . . embarassed
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by tpiah: 5:58pm On Jun 27, 2009
philip0906:

shocked shocked.e b like say d average naija girl na only 2 Bleep dem know(sex slaves or not). shocked

it seems that way, doesnt it?
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by tpiah: 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2009
topic

I hope they're wrong about the figures and nationality.

If they arent, then some villages must be devoid of girls in that age range.

Someone needs to look into this and hold the village heads responsible if its true.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by MrCrackles(m): 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2009
Awon Ashewo on the way back to Naija? shocked grin
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by bandely(m): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

Awon Ashewo on the way back to Naija? shocked grin
lol, no be lie!
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by tpiah: 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2009
the reporter must have accidentally added an extra zero or misplaced a comma.

10,000 doesnt make sense.

The girls cant all be from Nigeria.

That's a population shift.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Tudor6(f): 6:40am On Jun 28, 2009
10,000 girls is plausible. Nigeria has a population of over 150 million people,we can donate 10,000 ashewos to every nation and still be overpopulated. grin

1 Like

Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Tudor6(f): 6:41am On Jun 28, 2009
10,000 girls is plausible. Nigeria has a population of over 150 million people,we can donate 10,000 ashewos to every nation and still be overpopulated. grin
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Lagosboy: 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2009
10000 girls , how comes 1, 2, 3, 3, 100,500, 1000, 2000 . . . . . . . erm nah i dont think this is possible. All these girls prostitutes?? then Nigeria has no future if this number of young girls want to be prostitutes abroad. These are mothers of tommorrow that are expected to breed the kids of the next generation.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Litmus: 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2009
Nigerians are so gullible.

Most of the so-called prostitutes in Spain from Africa were not Nigerians nor were most of those in Italy. I did a little research on the matter. Anyway, outside black Africa and increasingly worldwide the new word for African is Nigerian. These days, Eeveryone is Nigerian.

Nigeria government should start refusing to let people like this back into Nigeria. After all, if Nigeria were as terrible as people claim, we would be doing them a favour refusing them entry.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by vigasimple(m): 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2009
Tudór:

At first, I thought that it was impossible, but I did the calculation, there are about 200 countries in the world, and If Nigeria were to 'donate' 10,000 women each to those countries, it will amount to 2 million, it may sound a lot but from 140 million, it is about 1.43% of our 'official censure population'

Litmus:

Nigerians are so gullible.

Most of the so-called prostitutes in Spain from Africa were not Nigerians nor were most of those in Italy. I did a little research on the matter. Anyway, outside black Africa and increasingly worldwide the new word for African is Nigerian. These days, Eeveryone is Nigerian.

It appeasr that you may be the one that is gullible. The majority of black people in Europe and the west or other countries are Nigerians, and they came mainly from South mid west (EDO in particular, and some DELTA), But it will not be all of them. As far as that business is concern it is a family business in those areas for some generations. It is a question of honour for the girls to go abroad and make monies for the family.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2009
e be like say they want tell
another story again o
e be like like say they want to do another movie again o
This is embarrasing
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Litmus: 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2009
10, 000

Such a nice round figure. They should remain as sex slaves over there or are the A-rabs tired of them already.grin
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by dean2725: 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2009
i hope there is kind of error in that figure. thats freaky and by the way
why is it always Edo anytime there is sex related abuse
it'd been from ages seriously lipsrsealed
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2009
What I want to know is how edo state became the main hunting ground for these pimps who insist on taking advantage of little girls.
This is very very upsetting to me as a black woman.
Why should a young innocent 13 to 17 year old be subjected to such inhuman treatment and degradation by their fellow countrymen
Were these men not born of women?
did they not have younger sisters,nieces and cousins and even daughters
Why would these lowlives see a girl's body as a means of their livelihood.
This is very annoying.

1 Like

Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2009
from a blogger

steve omo Azugbene(Germany) says:
June 27, 2009 at 11:15 amThis is notting but greed and quest for vain glory it is a pity that higher percentage of girls into this unholy trade is from my state EDO STATE. Here in Germany 90% of women prostitute are from EDO STATE.In Italy 99% percent of female prostitute in jails are from Edo state.In Holland,Belgium,France and other European country it is the same story.Is Edo State the only state in Nigeria living under hard economic condition.Lets call a spade a spade prostitution has bcecome the trade mark of my people but[b] woe to parents who send out their young children into this dergrading trade for their own benefit.God will Judge you.[/b]
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by multebrain(m): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2009
WHY IS IT  THAT ALL BLAME SHIFT  ON NIGERIA  THIS IS  NOT POSSIBLE 10,000 SOME  OF  THEM ARE FROM OTHER AFRICA  COUNTRY.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by ifyalways(f): 10:46pm On Jun 28, 2009
10K is way too much,there must be a mistake somewhere.How did they know the girls were all from Edo state/Nigeria undecided
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Hauwa1: 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2009
this is so shameful and sickening.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by 190: 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2009
make Gawd punish the source

hw many girls de edo wen dey say 10k are 4rm edostate
Gawd punish una papa

but com 2 tink of it

10k babes in2 9ja population 2 spread hiv-aids
dis na serious epidemic 2 the entire 9.ja na!
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by sosisi(f): 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2009
190:

make Gawd punish the source

hw many girls de edo wen dey say 10k are 4rm edostate
Gawd punish una papa

but com 2 tink of it

dis na serious epidemic 2 the entire 9.ja na!

I hope this is not one of the pimps speaking. lipsrsealed
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by bawomolo(m): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2009

This is pretty harsh. poverty and ignorance is what forced these poor ladies into such a trade. I feel bad for them
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by ow11(m): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2009
Young lives with great potentials. . . The traffickers deserve to burn! angry
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Bialegend(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2009
tpiah:

topic

I hope they're wrong about the figures and nationality.

If they arent, then some villages must be devoid of girls in that age range.

Someone needs to look into this and hold the village heads responsible if its true.
We all know that ashawo is a tradition and it's accepted as a norm in some certain ethnic group in nigeria, so your advise will not hold water.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by RichyBlacK(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2009
$osisi:

What I want to know is how edo state became the main hunting ground for these pimps who insist on taking advantage of little girls.
This is very very upsetting to me as a black woman.
Why should a young innocent 13 to 17 year old be subjected to such inhuman treatment and degradation by their fellow countrymen
Were these men not born of women?
did they not have younger sisters,nieces and cousins and even daughters
Why would these lowlives see a girl's body as a means of their livelihood.
This is very annoying.

I put the blame squarely on their men!

Nigeria is indisputably a patriarchal society. The man is head of the family, period. Why would a man allow his daughter to do something like that? Plausible reasons:

1. The man is unaware. Well, then he is a big fool!

2. The man is not with the family anymore. Then he is still a big idiot and lifetime loser!

3. The mother encouraged the girl. If the man cannot put the foolish mother in her place, then he is simply a worthless piece of sh%t!

4. The girl ran away from the house. Then there must have been a reason why hundreds/thousands run away from their homes. Why can't the men ensure the stability of their homes so as to prevent their girls from running away? No sane girl would run a way from a reasonably comfortable home to go work as a public toilet in Europe.

Though I blame the girls who go into prostitution, I  must put 95% of the blame on their:
i. Fathers
ii. Mothers
iii. Uncles
iv. Brothers
v. Male cousins

Their men have lost their responsibility as men if they cannot protect their women. This is boundlessly shameful! angry
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Seun(m): 11:13pm On Jun 29, 2009
Hmmm, I think the solution is for women to start respecting themselves more.
You can blame the men, but it's a waste of time because they are not the ones suffering.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by RichyBlacK(m): 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2009
bawomolo:

This is pretty harsh.  poverty and ignorance is what forced these poor ladies into such a trade.  I feel bad for them

And hopelessly pathetic parenting!

Did the girls fall from the sky? Don't they have parents? If their parents cannot prevent their daughters from being public urinals, then they should be rounded up, tried and jailed for child-abuse, criminal negligence, dangerous stupidity and encouraging prostitution by being useless parents. This may boost the prison system in Nigeria and create a flourishing foster care system.

How did the 13-year old girls get into this? The parents must be hunted down, tried, convicted and jailed for allowing their 13-year old daughter to be sexually abused by dirty, stinking old gays in Europe. The parents must get at least 10 years in Kiri-kiri.

Poverty is no excuse to push your 13-year old daughter into prostitution!
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by RichyBlacK(m): 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2009
Seun:

Hmmm, I think the solution is for women to start respecting themselves more. 
You can blame the men, but it's a waste of time because they are not the ones suffering.

But it's their 13-year old daughters suffering. How can a red-blooded man allow his 13-year old daughter to be sexually pummeled by men his age?

If I know a man like that, surely, committing a crime would seem very tempting.
Re: 10, 000 Girls To Be Repatriated To Nigeria (from Morocco And Libya) by Bialegend(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2009
All you guys should stop yarning nonsense as if you all are foreigners in nigeria. Have you guys thought about the fact that ashawo is an accepted tradition in Edo? There is nothing like the men didn't do their work to stop their  daughters or that the women didn't do their work enough. All these were girls that were sent out on consent of their parents in accordance to their tradition. So stop yarning al this rubbish as if you guys are surprise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massob Enforces New Pump Price In Onitsha / What Really Happened To Clement Yildar And Dauda Usman? Are They Still Missing? / Who Is Amarachukwu Karen Allison.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.