Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities (45877 Views)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction / 17 Funny Facts About Engineers: [MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
Engineering producers who don't play and have technology as a background may be the reason why there's a lot of cold non-musical music, for lack of a better description.
Bill Laswell
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
strongtech2:
Engineering producers who don't play and have technology as a background may be the reason why there's a lot of cold non-musical music, for lack of a better description.
Bill Laswell
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
As an undergrad, I studied engineering physics at the University of Oklahoma, and all my degrees are from engineering departments. My father wanted me to join him in the oil-field business in Oklahoma, but I wanted to be a scientist.
Paul McEuen
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
strongtech2:
As an undergrad, I studied engineering physics at the University of Oklahoma, and all my degrees are from engineering departments. My father wanted me to join him in the oil-field business in Oklahoma, but I wanted to be a scientist.
Paul McEuen
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42682641][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Biological engineering is not necessarily understanding systems but rather, I want to be able to design and build biological systems to perform particular applications.
Drew Endy

1 Like

Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
strongtech2:
Biological engineering is not necessarily understanding systems but rather, I want to be able to design and build biological systems to perform particular applications.
Drew Endy
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
And then, when I went into the Navy, there was no choice. You took about half of the hours during your naval training as naval courses and the other half were engineering.
Daniel J. Evans
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
strongtech2:
And then, when I went into the Navy, there was no choice. You took about half of the hours during your naval training as naval courses and the other half were engineering.
Daniel J. Evans
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 4:35am On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42686130][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:51am On Feb 07, 2016
But I decided I wanted more education and I had to make a choice between starting law school, which was interesting to me, and going for a graduate degree in engineering.
Daniel J. Evans
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:38am On Feb 07, 2016
strongtech2:
But I decided I wanted more education and I had to make a choice between starting law school, which was interesting to me, and going for a graduate degree in engineering.
Daniel J. Evans
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 10:58am On Feb 07, 2016
While I was at Cornell in engineering, I was an engineering co-op student, and that turned out to be very valuable because we'd go out every other term to work in industry and have that close association with industry.
Irwin M. Jacobs
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 11:22am On Feb 07, 2016
strongtech2:
While I was at Cornell in engineering, I was an engineering co-op student, and that turned out to be very valuable because we'd go out every other term to work in industry and have that close association with industry.
Irwin M. Jacobs
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 12:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
Many of the issues we face in dealing with rapid climate change are well suited to an engineering mind.
Larry Brilliant
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
strongtech2:
Many of the issues we face in dealing with rapid climate change are well suited to an engineering mind.
Larry Brilliant
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
My grandfather on my mother's side was a professor of mechanical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; my other grandfather was a lawyer, and one time Speaker of the Tennessee House of Representatives.
Kenneth G. Wilson
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
strongtech2:
My grandfather on my mother's side was a professor of mechanical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; my other grandfather was a lawyer, and one time Speaker of the Tennessee House of Representatives.
Kenneth G. Wilson
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Many people think all I do is some random engineering work in between caving expeditions. It's been far more deliberate than that.
William Stone
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
strongtech2:
Many people think all I do is some random engineering work in between caving expeditions. It's been far more deliberate than that.
William Stone
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42707554][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
Changes to weather patterns that move crop production areas around - we'll adapt to that. It's an engineering problem, and it has engineering solutions.
Rex Tillerson
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
strongtech2:
Changes to weather patterns that move crop production areas around - we'll adapt to that. It's an engineering problem, and it has engineering solutions.
Rex Tillerson
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42710680][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
I was in school studying civil engineering. A guy approached me on the street and said that I had a interesting look-very exotic. He told me I should try to be in the industry.
Thuy Trang
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
strongtech2:
I was in school studying civil engineering. A guy approached me on the street and said that I had a interesting look-very exotic. He told me I should try to be in the industry.
Thuy Trang
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2016
My dad wanted me to be a professional person, which I was - I was a civil engineer. I graduated from civil engineering at USC in California. I became an engineer, and I helped design the roads for the L.A. County Roads Department. And I did that for about one and a half years in a sense to please my parents - to be a 'respectable' person.
James Hong
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:59am On Feb 08, 2016
strongtech2:
My dad wanted me to be a professional person, which I was - I was a civil engineer. I graduated from civil engineering at USC in California. I became an engineer, and I helped design the roads for the L.A. County Roads Department. And I did that for about one and a half years in a sense to please my parents - to be a 'respectable' person.
James Hong
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:21am On Feb 08, 2016
I don't really like to talk specifically about customers by name - but we work with nearly all the leading manufacturers of consumer products worldwide and at quite a detailed engineering level.
David Milne
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 10:17am On Feb 08, 2016
strongtech2:
I don't really like to talk specifically about customers by name - but we work with nearly all the leading manufacturers of consumer products worldwide and at quite a detailed engineering level.
David Milne
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 10:41am On Feb 08, 2016
During the war years I worked on the development of radar and other radio systems for the R.A.F. and, though gaining much in engineering experience and in understanding people, rapidly forgot most of the physics I had learned.
Martin Ryle
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
strongtech2:
During the war years I worked on the development of radar and other radio systems for the R.A.F. and, though gaining much in engineering experience and in understanding people, rapidly forgot most of the physics I had learned.
Martin Ryle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Man Without Legs Works As A Vulcanizer (photos) / Lady And Her Workers Made To Sleep Outside After Working For A Client. Photo / How ‘do You Know Who I Am?’ Got An Army Officer And His Wife In Trouble In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.