Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,466 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities (45868 Views)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction / 17 Funny Facts About Engineers: [MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
I was in school studying civil engineering. A guy approached me on the street and said that I had a interesting look-very exotic. He told me I should try to be in the industry.
Thuy Trang
Guy, Industry, Street
My dad wanted me to be a professional person, which I was - I was a civil engineer. I graduated from civil engineering at USC in California. I became an engineer, and I helped design the roads for the L.A. County Roads Department. And I did that for about one and a half years in a sense to please my parents - to be a 'respectable' person.
James Hong
Dad, Design, Parents
I don't really like to talk specifically about customers by name - but we work with nearly all the leading manufacturers of consumer products worldwide and at quite a detailed engineering level.
David Milne
Work, Talk, Quite
During the war years I worked on the development of radar and other radio systems for the R.A.F. and, though gaining much in engineering experience and in understanding people, rapidly forgot most of the physics I had learned.
Martin Ryle
Experience, War, Though
I have no degree in biochemistry, neither do I have one in mechanical engineering, as the Army saw fit to terminate both courses before they were finished.
Kurt Vonnegut
Both, Saw, Fit
Economic engineering is about the design and analysis of frameworks for achieving specific economic objectives.
Ben Bernanke
Design, Economic, Achieving
Virtually any pointed edifice is considered a candidate for alien engineering. After all, how could the Egyptians or Mayans have possibly stacked up stone blocks into pyramids?
Seth Shostak
Considered, Possibly, Stone
Technology is far more than a method, it is a world in itself. As a method, it is superior in almost every respect. But only where it is left to itself, as in gigantic structures of engineering, there technology reveals its true nature.
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
Nature, Respect, Technology
I never had a doubt that I wanted to do engineering.
Mo Ibrahim
Doubt
So I went for engineering, specifically product design, which I enjoyed.
Debi Thomas
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
So I went for engineering, specifically product design, which I enjoyed. Debi Thomas
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
You may be in a medical or engineering college, but not all will stand first in class. It depends on who studies the most.
Anupam Kher
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
strongtech2:
Debi Thomas
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
You may be in a medical or engineering college, but not all will stand first in class. It depends on who studies the most.
Anupam Kher
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
strongtech2:
Anupam Kher
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
In 1978, I entered Tohoku University, into the Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Technology.
Koichi Tanaka....
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
strongtech2:
In 1978, I entered Tohoku University, into the Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Technology.
Koichi Tanaka....
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42740432][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:14am On Feb 09, 2016
You had to make a camera look like it's traveling at 300 mph, but you couldn't make it actually travel at 300 mph so you had to slow everything down and build devices to do that. So you were constantly engineering.
John Dykstra
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:46am On Feb 09, 2016
strongtech2:
You had to make a camera look like it's traveling at 300 mph, but you couldn't make it actually travel at 300 mph so you had to slow everything down and build devices to do that. So you were constantly engineering.
John Dykstra
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:05am On Feb 09, 2016
Science fiction has these obsessions with certain sciences - large scale engineering, neuroscience.
Paolo Bacigalupi
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 10:18am On Feb 09, 2016
strongtech2:
Science fiction has these obsessions with certain sciences - large scale engineering, neuroscience.
Paolo Bacigalupi
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42756975][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
There's a preponderance of scientists and engineers among China's rulers. New President Xi Jinping was trained as a chemical engineer. His predecessor, Hu Jintao, earned a degree in hydraulic engineering. His predecessor, Jiang Zemin, held a degree in electrical engineering.
Ramez Naam
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
strongtech2:
There's a preponderance of scientists and engineers among China's rulers. New President Xi Jinping was trained as a chemical engineer. His predecessor, Hu Jintao, earned a degree in hydraulic engineering. His predecessor, Jiang Zemin, held a degree in electrical engineering.
Ramez Naam
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42771768][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
So I went for engineering, specifically product design, which I enjoyed. Debi Thomas
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
strongtech2:
Debi Thomas
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 10:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42775390][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:16am On Feb 10, 2016
Dropbox sweats the user experience details as commendably as it masters the considerable engineering challenges required to reliably sync files everywhere a user may need them.
Jeffrey Zeldman
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:24am On Feb 10, 2016
strongtech2:
Dropbox sweats the user experience details as commendably as it masters the considerable engineering challenges required to reliably sync files everywhere a user may need them.
Jeffrey Zeldman
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42785148][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
I was always intrigued when I was growing up, and then in engineering school, with the idea of a perpetual machine. I think of the Wal-Mart culture as that.
Mike Duke
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
strongtech2:
I was always intrigued when I was growing up, and then in engineering school, with the idea of a perpetual machine. I think of the Wal-Mart culture as that.
Mike Duke
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42804543][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
I admire Miken's exceptional engineering capabilities and was drawn to their passion for hockey and drive to be the best in all they do.
Brett Hull
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
strongtech2:
I admire Miken's exceptional engineering capabilities and was drawn to their passion for hockey and drive to be the best in all they do.
Brett Hull
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:12am On Feb 11, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42807492][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:27am On Feb 11, 2016
Google has helped raise the importance of DNS above the network engineering community, which has been really good.
David Ulevitch
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:03am On Feb 11, 2016
strongtech2:
Google has helped raise the importance of DNS above the network engineering community, which has been really good.
David Ulevitch
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 11:05am On Feb 11, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42816876][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

More Soldiers Resign Over Intimidation From Superiors – Investigation / Man Without Legs Works As A Vulcanizer (photos) / Lady And Her Workers Made To Sleep Outside After Working For A Client. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.