Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:31 PM

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities (46880 Views)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / 4 Ways To Deal With Job Dissatisfaction / 17 Funny Facts About Engineers: [MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
You had to make a camera look like it's traveling at 300 mph, but you couldn't make it actually travel at 300 mph so you had to slow everything down and build devices to do that. So you were constantly engineering.
John Dykstra
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
strongtech2:
You had to make a camera look like it's traveling at 300 mph, but you couldn't make it actually travel at 300 mph so you had to slow everything down and build devices to do that. So you were constantly engineering.
John Dykstra
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42836369][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:50am On Feb 12, 2016
You meet with a CEO or founder. You talk about sales, engineering, product management and give some ideas or suggestions. And the founder quickly understands that you really can help them both operationally and from a strategic standpoint.
Douglas Leone
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 10:36am On Feb 12, 2016
strongtech2:
You meet with a CEO or founder. You talk about sales, engineering, product management and give some ideas or suggestions. And the founder quickly understands that you really can help them both operationally and from a strategic standpoint.
Douglas Leone
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 11:35am On Feb 12, 2016
My dad owns a company that lends equipment to industrial projects. I've been obsessed with taking it over since I could talk. I'd follow him and repeat conversations about how many tons of cranes were arriving. He said it was a man's world, so I studied electrical engineering because it was related.
Ruchi Sanghvi
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
strongtech2:
My dad owns a company that lends equipment to industrial projects. I've been obsessed with taking it over since I could talk. I'd follow him and repeat conversations about how many tons of cranes were arriving. He said it was a man's world, so I studied electrical engineering because it was related.
Ruchi Sanghvi
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42858649][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
I actually studied engineering in school - I have a degree in mechanical engineering. But, when I got out of school, instead of going to work as an engineer, I was in a band.
Mark Frauenfelder
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2016
strongtech2:
I actually studied engineering in school - I have a degree in mechanical engineering. But, when I got out of school, instead of going to work as an engineer, I was in a band.
Mark Frauenfelder
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42866735][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
It turns out that, if you want to know what the U.S. military is doing in Africa, it's advantageous to be connected to a large engineering or construction firm looking for business.
Nick Turse
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:55am On Feb 13, 2016
strongtech2:
It turns out that, if you want to know what the U.S. military is doing in Africa, it's advantageous to be connected to a large engineering or construction firm looking for business.
Nick Turse
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:06am On Feb 13, 2016
McAfee's No. 1 strength is that they have a fantastic R&grin team, engineering, as well as research at the core of security: database threat management.
Renee James
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:24am On Feb 13, 2016
strongtech2:
McAfee's No. 1 strength is that they have a fantastic R&grin team, engineering, as well as research at the core of security: database threat management.
Renee James
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 11:10am On Feb 13, 2016
I'm fascinated by steam engines and with Victorian engineering generally, and as a corollary to that, I'm fascinated by the idea of long-lived technologies.
Alastair Reynolds
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
strongtech2:
I'm fascinated by steam engines and with Victorian engineering generally, and as a corollary to that, I'm fascinated by the idea of long-lived technologies.
Alastair Reynolds
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42886892][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
A wide variety of devices beyond personal computers are arriving, many of which will be used to browse the Web... The Flash engineering team has taken this on with a major overhaul of the mainstream Flash Player for a variety of devices.
Kevin Lynch
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
strongtech2:
A wide variety of devices beyond personal computers are arriving, many of which will be used to browse the Web... The Flash engineering team has taken this on with a major overhaul of the mainstream Flash Player for a variety of devices.
Kevin Lynch
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42889950][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
In 1960, I enrolled in the chemical engineering program at UNAM, as this was then the closest way to become a physical chemist, taking math-oriented courses not available to chemistry majors.
Mario J. Molina
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
strongtech2:
In 1960, I enrolled in the chemical engineering program at UNAM, as this was then the closest way to become a physical chemist, taking math-oriented courses not available to chemistry majors.
Mario J. Molina
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42896512][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
strongtech2:
Mario J. Molina
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42899933][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 6:43am On Feb 14, 2016
Mario J. Molina
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:02am On Feb 14, 2016
strongtech2:
Mario J. Molina
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 7:26am On Feb 14, 2016
[quote author=strongtech2 post=42905857][/quote]
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 8:53am On Feb 14, 2016
The federal government was responsible for building the levees, engineering the levees, and consequentially, the federal government is responsible for repairing the damage that has been done, which has not been completed yet.
Mitch Landrieu
Re: Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities by strongtech2(m): 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
strongtech2:
The federal government was responsible for building the levees, engineering the levees, and consequentially, the federal government is responsible for repairing the damage that has been done, which has not been completed yet.
Mitch Landrieu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria / Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.