Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc - Agriculture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc (119494 Views)

Nigeria Generates $35 Million From Hibiscus (zobo) Export In 9 Months- NAQS / Super Gro Wonder Drops For Agricultural Farmings And Gardeners / Hibiscus Flower {Zobo}Now Available For Pickup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
Olohunjedalo:
The dry season is here
It sure is . Im looking for advice on setting up sprinkler! Any tips would be appreciated
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Olohunjedalo(m): 10:33am On Dec 11, 2018
babythug:

It sure is . Im looking for advice on setting up sprinkler! Any tips would be appreciated
I believe your plumber should know better
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Agukk1: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2019
Onegai can tell me how to get Rose flower in Nigeria pls
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
I was inspired further by this thread to keep up my gardening!

This is one of my first few plants and it’s doing so well! It’s more or less taller than I am now wink

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2019
Just arrived

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by whirlwind7(m): 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2019
babythug:
I was inspired further by this thread to keep up my gardening!

This is one of my first few plants and it’s doing so well! It’s more or less taller than I am now wink

Looks like its too close to the wall, doesn't it?
Would affect it's growth.
The root will be in perpetual battle with the wall too sad

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
whirlwind7:

Looks like its too close to the wall, doesn't it?
Would affect it's growth.
The root will be in perpetual battle with the wall too sad

There’s a little space behind the plant but I do get your point. I assumed it’s plant who’s roots grow tall and not wide *fingers crossed* for now. If iy poses a problem I will promptly relocate it!
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cedar3: 10:12am On Feb 12, 2019
babythug:
Just arrived

Pls can anyone suggest where I can get these tiny vases around Asaba, that city is so dumb gardenwise. No one seems to know where I can find them, even the so called florists.

Or better still, can I arrange with anyone to have them shipped down to Asaba?
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cedar3: 10:15am On Feb 12, 2019
Just stumbled on this thread and am like "wow, so there are crazy ass peeps like me around here who go gaga for flowers"? Will be sharing pics of my humble attempts soon.

Kudos to all contributors, it's so generous of you guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by OnaRegina: 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hello all,

This is an amazing thread.

Can anyone please tell me where I can find flowers pots at wholesale price and flower seedlings? The road side gardeners tend to mark up their prices and I need a lot of pots.

Thanks
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2019
nice database you have created here, infact i searched all of google, several so called flower experts blogs and still didnt find what i was looking for, but my search is not over, someone posted the flower without saying its name

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2019
more

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
i had to murder one flower, i know, but this is just like in game if thrones, i had to bring proof to the conclave. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THESE ABOVE FLOWERS, THANKS
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 9:41am On May 04, 2019
Landscaping is a lot of work especially when for cost reasons one can’t outsource professionally! I’d advice though that if one plans to grow a garden on his/her property it’s best to start before the building is completed such that when you move in the plants are beginning to take shape and so on!

My carpet grass became over run with weeds and I almost scraped it all off to plant port harcourt grass instead! Decided to give it a last shot and hired someone to do some intense weeding. So far so good but I’d need to follow up with weed killers! I hear “force up” is a good brand? I’m open to other recommendations though! Also do I just spray all over the grass or just the empty patches where weeds may grow?
I’d be grateful for tips!
This is what the garden looks like today! The middle bit surrounded by rocks will be filled up with other flowers to give an added pop of colour!

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 9:46am On May 04, 2019
The other green areas!

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 9:48am On May 04, 2019
OnaRegina:
Hello all,

This is an amazing thread.

Can anyone please tell me where I can find flowers pots at wholesale price and flower seedlings? The road side gardeners tend to mark up their prices and I need a lot of pots.

Thanks

You can look up a few gardens on Instagram they may have good prices

Check taison horticulture
Creative gardens
Lgc.com

Or just search gardens in Lagos

You may find what you want!
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 9:35am On May 24, 2019
Lawn mowed and hedges trimmed!

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by gabbyfarms(m): 3:03pm On May 24, 2019
Red Royale f1 Papaya seeds is available contact me for order on 08055768485 or whatsApp 08032237244.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by SirWhiteFish: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2019
Onegai:
Celosia/Cockscomb

Also known as Wool Flowers. Beautiful unique-looking flowers with a soft, velvety feel. They have a very different texture and they almost look like fake plants but are very real. They come in colours like green, orange or deep pink and red. Plant in sunlight and dont water the flowrs directly to avoid fungus, they like a well-drained soil. They are very long-lasting in bouquets and centre pieces (below is a picture of a bride in Lagos who used them for her bouquet) and don't wilt easily. Apparently the leaves of a Cockscomb specie is what Yorubas eat as "soko" leaf for vegetable soup.
I am seeing this for the first time
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
Then and now wink

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by ChiefSweetus: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
Lovely thread

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by KingAzubuike(f): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2019
What are the best flowers to plant in front of your fence. I prefer those with bright colorful flowers.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2019
KingAzubuike:
What are the best flowers to plant in front of your fence. I prefer those with bright colorful flowers.

Are you thinking of a hedge or just plants?

Do you have livestock roaming your neighbourhood?

I have palms in front of my fence also I have started a hedge with West Indies bush( local name) . It has thorns and I’m hoping will deter the bothersome goats in my area

I also have that tall wine/red plant sticking out in the picture in front of my fence. It’s a nice contrast against the green palms

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by KingAzubuike(f): 11:31am On Oct 06, 2019
babythug:

Are you thinking of a hedge or just plants?

Do you have livestock roaming your neighbourhood?

I have palms in front of my fence also I have started a hedge with West Indies bush( local name) . It has thorns and I’m hoping will deter the bothersome goats in my area
I mean flowering plants.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by FarmTech(m): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2019
Pls, who knows where I can get african marigold?
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by make9jagr8: 11:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hello house,
Who can supply me jasmine flower seedlings, gardenia, lavender.

Thanks
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
I know coconut isn't a n ornamental plant but I just felt like posting this here, this is a coconut tree in my compound that just started flowering, I was just fascinated by the sight smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
Lite

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by eddyline(m): 12:01am On Jan 22, 2020
Emeraldfynest:
Lite
this is beautiful. how long did it take to start flowering?

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by eddyline(m): 12:17am On Jan 22, 2020
Emeraldfynest:
Lite
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 12:18am On Jan 22, 2020
eddyline:

Thanks, let me just say 6 years, it was planted in early 2014.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Gloriouspa(m): 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2020
make9jagr8:
Hello house,
Who can supply me jasmine flower seedlings, gardenia, lavender.

Thanks

Just saw your post today. Have you gotten the plants?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.