Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc - Agriculture (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc (119473 Views)

Nigeria Generates $35 Million From Hibiscus (zobo) Export In 9 Months- NAQS / Super Gro Wonder Drops For Agricultural Farmings And Gardeners / Hibiscus Flower {Zobo}Now Available For Pickup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by make9jagr8: 12:43pm On Jan 24, 2020
Gloriouspa:

Just saw your post today. Have you gotten the plants?
I haven't get them.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by casek: 1:47pm On May 18, 2020
Thanks Onegai and others, for this thread. I also love flowers so much. I came here some years ago to get more knowledge on flowers before I started planting.

Here are a few of mine.

Please, is it possible to plant tulips in Nigeria? If yes, where can I get them from?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 10:02pm On May 18, 2020
casek:
Thanks Onegai and others, for this thread. I also love flowers so much. I came here some years ago to get more knowledge on flowers before I started planting.

Here are a few of mine.

Please, is it possible to plant tulips in Nigeria? If yes, where can I get them from?

Thank you.

Nice!
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by casek: 4:11pm On May 19, 2020
babythug:

Nice!

Thank you. That was an awesome transformation in your garden. I love the lawn

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 4:26pm On May 19, 2020
casek:

Thank you. That was an awesome transformation in your garden. I love the lawn

Thanks so much!

I must admit it was a lot of work in between . Two gardeners actually asked me to give it up and start afresh! But funding didn’t let me give up. With the benefit of hindsight and experience I’d advice anyone else to go for port harcourt grass . It’s much easier to maintain and grow too!

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by casek: 9:38pm On May 19, 2020
babythug:

Thanks so much!

I must admit it was a lot of work in between . Two gardeners actually asked me to give it up and start afresh! But funding didn’t let me give up. With the benefit of hindsight and experience I’d advice anyone else to go for port harcourt grass . It’s much easier to maintain and grow too!

Thanks for the tips. I have a large space I need to turn into a lawn. I will go for port Harcourt grass whenever I am ready.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by whirlwind7(m): 6:59am On May 20, 2020
Emeraldfynest:
I know coconut isn't a n ornamental plant but I just felt like posting this here, this is a coconut tree in my compound that just started flowering, I was just fascinated by the sight smiley smiley

Depending on how you view it, every tree has a certain ornamental value. Coconut is definitely one of those.
I would plant coconuts in my compound. It is a neat tree (doesn't litter) and it's fruits are valuable.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 11:45am On May 20, 2020
whirlwind7:

Depending on how you view it, every tree has a certain ornamental value. Coconut is definitely one of those.
I would plant coconuts in my compound. It is a neat tree (doesn't litter) and it's fruits are valuable.
Yeah bro, it takes long to mature/fruit though.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2020
Pls let's revive this thread, babythug and other enthusiasts, this thread should stay alive.
Bougainvillea

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 11:57am On Jun 11, 2020
Emeraldfynest:
Pls let's revive this thread, babythug and other enthusiasts, this thread should stay alive.
Bougainvillea

I’m still here and happy to share my new photos!

My garden has since expanded partially thanks to the encouragement and my interest That got piqued here

Will share some photos l later on Today

Luckily the gardens got trimmed yesterday wink

This one below is my baby boo grin

3 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Colours!!

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by godello: 12:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
Please who can, identify this plants..

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
babythug:

I’m still here and happy to share my new photos!

My garden has since expanded partially thanks to the encouragement and my interest That got piqued here

Will share some photos l later on Today

Luckily the gardens got trimmed yesterday wink

This one below is my baby boo grin

Nice, what kind of palm is that?
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
Emeraldfynest:
Nice, what kind of palm is that?

It’s locally called the royal or golden palm. I’m not immediately sure what the botanical name is. Many people place them in pots but I find that it doesn’t quite grow as tall and remains a yellow/golden hue mostly
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by babythug(f): 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
godello:

The pink flowers are a variant of hibiscus .

The yellow ones in front are “locally ” called yellow bush.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 2:48am On Jun 12, 2020
Happy to be back here. May the reviver of this thread be blessed. I am happybrother a horticulturists. I own Splashagro horticulture (www.splashagro.). We ( I and my workers) are on a new horti-garden project where we will market our ornamental plants, crop planting materials and related items.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 12, 2020
Soon, I will showcase my inventory here as I call this thread home.
Cc Onelgi

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:17am On Jun 12, 2020
A peep into what's coming:
Coleus
A multi colored leaf flowering plants. Has colours ranging from black to blue except white.

Ruffles copper and others

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:18am On Jun 12, 2020
Others

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:21am On Jun 12, 2020
More coleus

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 12, 2020
Dracaena

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 12, 2020
Gladiolus

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 12, 2020
These images are coming from our production site where we have our mother plants.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Happybrother nice flowers you got there!
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
babythug:

It’s locally called the royal or golden palm. I’m not immediately sure what the botanical name is. Many people place them in pots but I find that it doesn’t quite grow as tall and remains a yellow/golden hue mostly
Thanks, the remaining flowers look nice too.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
Flamboyant flower, it's really blooming now and I love the splash of red, I would've snapped it on the tree, but it's enclosed in a fence.

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Emeraldfynest:
Flamboyant flower, it's really blooming now and I love the splash of red, I would've snapped it on the tree, but it's enclosed in a fence.

The name is [color=#990000][/color]flame tree. It it a flowering tree used in avenue planting. They are usually big unless you use a grafted one.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Emeraldfynest(m): 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
happybrother:

The name is flame of the forest. It it a flowering tree used in avenue planting. They are usually big unless you use a grafted one.
Yeah but another name for the tree is also flamboyant.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by eddyline(m): 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2020
happybrother:
Dracaena
lovely plant. I learnt it releases a sweet smelling fragrance when it brings forth it's influorescence. it however takes very long to do so. what must I do to keep mine healthy and alive?
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Gloriouspa(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
casek:

Thanks for the tips. I have a large space I need to turn into a lawn. I will go for port Harcourt grass whenever I am ready.

Port Harcourt grass is easier to use mower machine on. It makes your lawn look more beautiful . I will be willing to give more advise whenever you're ready for planting.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Gloriouspa(m): 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2020
godello:

The local name for the yellow plant is yellow duranta, I can also see morning glory (yellows flowers), hibiscus.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 2:15am On Jun 14, 2020
eddyline:

lovely plant. I learnt it releases a sweet smelling fragrance when it brings forth it's influorescence. it however takes very long to do so. what must I do to keep mine healthy and alive?
Do not wait for the flower because you may wait forever. To care for it : water lightly when the upper soil is dry. Occasionally clean the leaves with damp soft rag.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.