Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor (86059 Views)

Appeal Court Upholds Tribunal’s Judgment Nullifying Wike’s Election / Market Women In Rivers State Protest Nullification Of Wike's Election (photos) / Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by MaBuk(f): 6:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
The Supreme has uphold the election of Nyesom Wike of the Peoples Democratic Party as governor of the oil-rich Rivers State.
The court gave the ruling Wednesday but did not provide reasons for its judgment.
It said detailed reasons for the verdict would be provided on February 12.
The Court of Appeal had on December 16  affirmed the judgment of the Rivers Governorship Election Tribunal.
The appeal court had  ruled that Mr. Wike was not validly elected.
The Rivers Tribunal had earlier on October 24 nullified Mr. Wike’s election.
The tribunal, which delivered its ruling in Abuja, also ordered that a fresh governorship election be conducted in the state.

After the tribunal’s ruling, the governor headed to the Court of Appeal, saying the judgment was untenable.
The petition challenging the election of Mr. Wike as Rivers State Governor was filed by Dakuku Peterside, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, in the election.
The Rivers governorship election, which was criticised by local and international observers, witnessed the largest amount of violence both in its build-up and after the elections.

Source
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/197527-breaking-supreme-court-upholds-nyesom-wikes-election-as-rivers-governor.html

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Cutehector(m): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
Where are those wailers?

I told yall dah wike will win.. phew! People just dnt believe me!

Besides who d fvck is dakuku? Does he think he can just get governorship title on a platter of gold? Smh. If you want the seat, go and collect it.

Wike is the man! Now I believe in Justice

553 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
I am fu*cking sad about this fu*cking news cry

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by injuriam(m): 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
In the absence of PMB, Wike of PDP wins in the Supreme Court. Hehehe

297 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by anwe: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
Congratulations to Rivers people. Akwa Ibom loading..... Justice is done !

353 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by fweshh(m): 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
My governor my governor!!! shame to dakuku the crook and those glory hunters who decamped to apc at the final minute, congrats to those who stood by him especially all rivers people..we are all happy for this remarkable victory

355 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ican2020: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
God is good all the time
To be candid, I had almost lost hope on my nation and if you check my signature you will see where I created threads on Nigerians Elections Tribunals different laws interpretation to suit a particular party
By the judgement by Supreme Court judges, there is big hope for all in Nigeria
All we have to do is stay on the side of law.
God bless Supreme Court judges and thank you Good Lord for blessing Nigeria massively

170 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
Who is the fu*cking judge

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Cutehector(m): 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
Lalasticlala please take this to Frontpage.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
Very good development for us down here.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Emekamex(m): 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
So Wike don finally defeat APC and Amaechi.
Make I go rejoice with a bottle of Orijin biko.

270 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Cutehector(m): 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
sameer1212:
abeg stop wailing, when God says yes, Buhari is a worm to Dat effect.

197 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by chronique(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Lovely. Congrats to him and the people of Rivers state. it's also an opportunity for him to know who his true supporters and loyalists are. Some people deserted him at the last minute cos they thought all hope was lost for him but I guess God just wanted to show him who and who are for him,and are against him.
My advice to him is that he should rule and govern Rivers state so well to a point where the opposition would be totally irrelevant there,and wouldn't even think of fielding a candidate against him in 2019. Wike's victory is an opportunity for the PDP to launch themselves back again;He shouldn't blow it away.

179 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Tonyebarcanista angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by adioolayi(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Well...this is a good evidence that the Judiciary under PMB are discharging their duties without fear or favour.
It is Democracy for all!

PMB truly belongs to EVERYBODY and belongs to NOBODY

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by RedCapChief(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
No surprise here. Ambode was declared elected despite the whole card-reader wahala, so it makes no legal sense to remove Wike because of the same card-reader.
The Supreme Court has to educate these lower courts on legal precedents. All these conflicting judgements create a crisis of confidence.

I feel sorry for Ms. Semenitari, the acting head of NDDC, who was put in that post to bring money for Dakuku's re-election bid. I think she will be removed soon.

I also feel sorry for Dakuku who is going to start playing ball in Division 2.

I also feel sorry for that Prof. who decamped to APC at the last moment, shouting that Wike paid him to indict Amaechi. Let him better run because Wike will seize his house and car and pension and anything 'seize-able'

It now remains that silly decision from the Appeal Court in Taraba

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ican2020: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Thank God that victory came at last
The forces of good has defeated the forces of evil and those who are with us are more than those with them.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
sameer1212:

Help thyself.

237 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
Cutehector:
abeg stop wailing, when God says yes, Buhari is a worm to Dat effect.
No no no.... WIKE has bribe this fu*cking judge
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Montaque(m): 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
I want dakuku to appeal to heaven. shey amaechi is the Jesus of ubiama?

143 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Cutehector(m): 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
sameer1212:
No no no.... WIKE has bribe this fu*cking judge
yeah dats what people will say... did amaechi bribe the supreme court when omehia was governor?

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Cutehector(m): 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
Montaque:
I want dakuku to appeal to heaven. shey amaechi is the Jesus of ubiama?
hahahahahaha... maybe he will be the king of d Jews grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
[size=20pt]Ah don get alert. GODWIN[/size]

SPACE BOOKED ON Fp grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
sameer1212:

Go and die.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
sameer1212:

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by m1500: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
Good news for the residents of Rivers State; at least Wike can concentrate on governance and help rebuild and stabilize the state. The fight is over, it's now time to move the state to enviable heights: something urgently needs to be done about security, sanitation, roads, traffic, reputation, etc.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by lielbree: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
WIKE! WIKE!! WIKE!!!
ONE WITH GOD IS MAJORITY!!!
THANK YOU LORD.
PH HAS ERUPTED IN JUBILATION!!!
THANK YOU LORD!

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by dikeigbo2(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Finally,finally, Wike is the man,kindly shame all your haters and distractors with good developmental works.
Carry on

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by investnotspend: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
H

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Pictures Of Buhari Receiving Congratulatory Call From Jonathan / Ahmed Indimi Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Look At Buhari During Budget Presentation / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.