Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,648 members, 7,827,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor (86109 Views)

Appeal Court Upholds Tribunal’s Judgment Nullifying Wike’s Election / Market Women In Rivers State Protest Nullification Of Wike's Election (photos) / Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ozo13(m): 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
Cutehector:
Where are those wailers?

I told yall dah wike will win.. phew! People just dnt believe me!

Besides who d fvck is dakuku? Does he think he can just get governorship title on a platter of gold? Smh. If you want the seat, go and collect it.

Wike is the man! Now I believe in Justice
yeah.thank God u believe in PMB/justice grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ngoziama: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

Help thyself.

Please put amechi and dakukus necks inside those.ndi ara

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by zicoraads: 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
dearpreye:

Too bad for YOU.
Please where is Omenka especially and NgeneUkwenu? embarassed lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by jordyspices: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
Mr impigi congratulation on ur loss try again 2019 the sky is ur limit
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
grin grin dakuku won't sleep tonight so even after the youth buried pdp..lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by CioAngels(f): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
Congratulations to democracy in rivers state. Gov. Wike, on no account should pdp rivers state take back the thieves that defected to apc. They will stupidly, shamelessly come back and when the do they will ruin pdp finally. Thank you to those that stood firmly with wike, win or lose they stood.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by pdpchangeapc(m): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
Jesus5656:
Pls what is the fate of those that deserted him?
They have no fate. Oju aiye le ri yen. Its good it happened that way cos now the man will know who his friends are.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ibietela2(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
sameer1212:
Who is the fu*cking judge

The Indian guy, you don't know him?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by PhockPhockMan: 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
dearpreye:
Very good development for us down here.
My brother, I'm dieing of over celebration here.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by asamaigho(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
wailers are really funny....how does todays hearing equal wike winning at d supreme courts.

pdp keeps leaving in fools paradise.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ajepako(f): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
Firefire:
Halleluyah

Cc:

truckpusher
Ajepako
Anonimi
dearpreye
francizy

And other patriots.

Victory for democracy.

Justice still exists I believe

Congrats, River .state..

Victory for the people...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Bigchief46(m): 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
adrusa:
Shocking. We will be keenly listening to the supremo on Friday to see what the other 6 judges who had adjudicated on the issues previously missed. Their lordships have once again validated the usefulness of the Nigerian politician's oft-quoted mantra of "win first and everything else can be taken care of later".
You are wrong dear, it was a unanimous decision of ALL the seven Judges. It is really simple if you have a little knowledge of the law. The Supreme Court has always been VERY CONSISTENT and the last hope of the common man. Many issues are involved here and this is not really the place or forum for such conversations, but I will address very briefly just two points. Proving malpractices in election Petitions means getting witnesses in each Polling Unit in respect of which there are allegations to give evidence. Obviously, in Governorship & Presidential elections where there are thousands of Polling Units, it is difficult for a Petitioner to do this. Moreover, where the allegations involve criminal conduct, the standard of proof is higher: beyond reasonable doubts & this is not easy at all. The reason is simple: elections hold in Polling Units & not in Wards, LGAs or States & so a Petitoner who brings just one or two witnesses to testify as to what happened in an entire Ward or LGA will fail. The important thing is that these principles are the same for every Petitioner, whether PDP, APC, APGA or whoever. The second reason which has presented itself for the first time in the 2015 elections is the issue of Card Readers. Card Readers are not part of our electoral laws. There is no mention of it in the ELECTORAL ACT or THE CONSTITUTION. No doubt it is a commendable innovation that will reduce rigging but INEC blundered by not getting the National Assembly to legislate it into law by amending the Electoral Act to include it as a means of accreditation. For that reason, the only means of accreditation recognized by law is manually by use of Voter's Registers. Now the decisions by the Tribunal & Court of Appeal in the River's case was largely based on Card Reader data & I can bet my last naira that the SC would have held just as they also did in the Zamfara Governorship case, that you can't annul an election due to failure to use Card Readers or inconsistency in the data. Mind you also, the SC has expressly held in a long line of cases over many years that you cannot annul the election of a person declared winner because of actions he is not responsible for; Neither Wike nor PDP conducted the accreditation of voters; INEC did. If INEC decided to use manual accreditation instead of the Card Readers in some places according to their own guideline resulting in inconsistent accreditation figures against number of votes cast, you cannot blame Wike & nullify his election. Finally, you heard it here first: the Supreme Court will also affirm the election of Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State annulled by the CA based only on spurious allegation of over-voting based on Card Reader data instead of Voters' Register data

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ahbey(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
APC can still appeal o....hey wait wait...PMB is the higher law now....una no no...let dem appeal to him....Wike go and enjoy ur mandate jor....awon eyan yegbeyegbe.....

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by asamaigho(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

My brother, I'm dieing of over celebration here.

your celebration is rather unfortunate, cos d main judgement is on d 12th of feb.
i weep for ur ignorance. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by sinistermind(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
To think that the PDP big wigs in Rivers State abandoned this man... hmmm, na when wahala come you go know ur true friends

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by appini: 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
Oshobaba will not sleep this night. Thunder fire all the scammers parading themselves as progressives. Nonentities!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by dckng16(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
sheyinoni:
you got that absolutely spot-on,you have spoken well,PMB is a real democrat
lol, if he is really a true Democrat, why is he disobeying court orders, arresting, detaining and keeping his political enemies in DSS custody after court has granted them bail.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ngoziama: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
olatade:
Supreme court of fraud. My humble condelance to rivers state people who were massacred by jonathan and dame patience's terrorists to make WIKE gov in rivers state. There was no election but rape of election in rivers state.
Remember Rivers state recorded the highest number of death rate in the just concluded election both gubernatorial and presidential.

Azonto shoki dorobucci. Haaaaahaaaaaa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Dannie2015(m): 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
How do I express how happy I am at ds wonderful news? I wish I could parrY till dawn. I wish I could pour all d henessy in all winery in all of portharcourt..... Chai! am Sooooooooooo happy. Ride on MY GOVErnor.... Nothing does u joOOOOOOr. I just luv ds man's guts. U re my man any day, any timee.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by PhockPhockMan: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
adioolayi:
Well...this is a good evidence that the Judiciary under PMB are discharging their duties without fear or favour.
It is Democracy for all!

PMB truly belongs to EVERYBODY and belongs to NOBODY
Go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Anwonspee(m): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
Wike caretaker governor? Hahahahahaha I no fit laugh. What will be his name now?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by fasusimartins(m): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
In any election there must a winner and there must be a loser but d fact still remain , how does d winner wins and how does d loser losses. Any way both wike and amechi share similar characteristics as far as river state politics is concern ..but this judgement is d least expected.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Olukolade1: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ajepako(f): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
sameer1212:
I am fu*cking sad about this fu*cking news cry

Abokii, next time, stick your neck for kano or kwara state bcs I know you are partly from there.

Not Niger delta, capisce?

Thanks, and yeah, we love you too, abokii or not grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You see why I always call you an illiterate, You think the supreme Court is your sharia court that one judge will preside over??
Dude, don't dare me Ain't smiling with you.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by BurukutuMallam: 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
Breaking...

Just in..Dankuku vow to challenge the ruling in Sharia court

Hooooooohioooioihaaaa
Puaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Frankiss44(m): 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
zicoraads:

Please where is Omenka especially and NgeneUkwenu? embarassed lipsrsealed

LOL.. You won't catch them dead on this thread?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
Old men have spoken. Thank GOd and a big hug to Governor Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by Exceller(m): 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
While Wike was busy seeking help from God through His servants..Dakuku and his supporters were busy taking selfies and calling Him Caretaker Gov...Now i wonder what those PDP supporters who decamped to APC in their numbers will do now...I'm laughing in swahili...Fear God, He is no respecter of persons...If God can turn against His own people because of the sacrifice of an Idol worshipping king then you will not rest on your laurels in any battle...You need Him till you have won and beyond..Dakuku rested with Federal might while Wike went for the God that gives command to Federal might..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by ngoziama: 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
flokii:

buh you agree d election in Rivers wasn't free & fair

GEJ & his illiterate wife manipulated everything...

Wike was afraid of a re-run cos his victory isn't certain... now see d apex court ruling

too bad

Do you remember oba of lagos statement for the ibos.If you do take it and receive it.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor by henrysam(m): 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
I see Buhari soft pedalling on some issues. His hard stance can't take him anywhere. He needs to be diplomatic

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Pictures Of Buhari Receiving Congratulatory Call From Jonathan / Ibadan Pictures & Development, The Fastest growing and Largest City in Nigeria / Ahmed Indimi Reacts To Saraki, Dogara Look At Buhari During Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.