Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says (20414 Views)

Dino Melaye Holds A Protest Against Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government (Pics) / Kogi Indigenes Besiege Yahaya Bello On the Okene-Owo Highway (photos) / Yahaya Bello On His Knees To Thank God After His Supreme Court Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by aleeyu312(m): 6:42am On Jan 28, 2016
True talk. Kogi- my father land has being capturing the headlines for all the odd reasons. God pls help kogi.
but wait oh... wetin concern PDP self
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by babyfaceafrica: 6:42am On Jan 28, 2016
sunday2012:
The kogites have spoken let the man be. pls give him chance to rule and not attending to court cases during his reign
why won't he attend court cases its normal naw..even people who have smooth election transition will face litigations.....he own sef go yapa......faleke own still dey,pdp own still dey.so he needs to prepare himself for all these..let him enjoy his IT...maybe he would be retained only God knows

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by callJesu: 6:47am On Jan 28, 2016
grin Enjoy
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by uyogabie(f): 6:47am On Jan 28, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
why won't he attend court cases its normal naw..even people who have smooth election transition will face litigations.....he own sef go yapa......faleke own still dey,pdp own still dey.so he needs to prepare himself for all these..let him enjoy his IT...maybe he woild be retain only God knows
You forgot to mention Labour Party.Indeed,uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by lonelydora: 6:50am On Jan 28, 2016
He should hit the ground running. No time to waste.
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by NobleAngell(f): 6:54am On Jan 28, 2016
E go do u like film trick Yahaya excursion go last 8 years. Am not from kogi tho.
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by possibilita(m): 7:05am On Jan 28, 2016
Aviero:
PDP should STFU! Stoopid besterds! What have they provided Kogites with for the last 13years? If not hardship and continuous embezzlement of state funds.

Any Kogite that says he/she prefers Wada to a new leader, just because of tribal sentiments, should be placed on a guillotine.

It's a new dawn for Kogi State. This is no slap on democracy. PDP should know that Kogites are not scared. Kogites are calm knowing that there's someone reasonable at the helm of affairs.

Wada should return to the psychiatric hospital where he came from.
chill man,nobody says he wants Wada they might be jolting right now but their success will only be guaranteed if and only if APC is still unable to settle Faleke
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by ikkkkk: 7:23am On Jan 28, 2016
I quite agree with PDP here. I personally think that a re- run will be ideal with APC flagging Yayaha Bello as their candidate. Because going by the last election results, Falake deserves that seat because he contested with late Audu and won. Yahaya Bello is just occupying a seat he didn't work for and he will be booted out shamefully in due time.
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 28, 2016
lol...Excursion tinx
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by paulo220(m): 7:40am On Jan 28, 2016
APC will finally loose the sit to PDP according 162 of constitution. this re my reasons.
1. falack,APC running mate initially denounce and dissociated his self from been Bello running mate.
2. APC should have replaced him before the rerun,cos the ticket must be a joint target so at it is Bello didn't met the requirement of the law,so no election.

3. falack,did not resigned his sit as house member before contesting election, as applicable to Dickson.
4. the swearing in yesterday was a slap on our nation, but it was done to avoid vacancy.
5. the rerun was waste of money and resources, cos inec should have announce the result since is only 10000 votes re needed.
6. bello of APC pulls 6,456,while PDP pulls 26,345. cos bello can't and will not inherits falack tickets since he dissociated his self.
so,PDP has 70% chances of coming back. Bello is in big shit.
my thought
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by fieldmarshal001(m): 7:40am On Jan 28, 2016
Pvin:
The situation in Kogi state is Dicey .
Indeed this will be a hard nut to crack by the court in choosing among Wada, Faleke and Bello because none amongst them is fully qualified for the crown 👑
it won't be hard because its clear that since the major contender which Prince Abubakar Audu died along the way which naturally makes Wada, the second runner up the right person. Its either that or a fresh poll.
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by NtisongCampo1: 7:43am On Jan 28, 2016
The whole stuff is confusing. Good morning peeps. Am here for real after following for 6years
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by grandlexuz(m): 7:45am On Jan 28, 2016
Very funny the way some people think. Although I am a Cameroonian, I have clearly understood why Bello won this Mandate. To those who because of tribal and political affilliations have refused to understand things I will lay this down for you. (Nwa teacher)

After Audu died Faleke could not be made Governor because the election was inconclusive. He was far from being Governor elect. His position in this election was running mate. He never went through any party primary elections. Atsuch when Audu died and APC was required by law to fill in another candidate it is only natural that the fill in the runner up of the primaries(Bello).

Personally I think this Falake guy is greedy. Had Audu not died he would have been assistant governor. After the death of Audu his agenda and dreams automatically changed. I trust this guy has a hand in Audu's demise..Lol. I would bet my beautiful wife any time any day that nothing will remove Bello from this seat. Falake had his chance of still being assistant Governor but turned it down. This might be the end of his political carrier. However if he is lucky he might end up as a local government chairman...Lol

It is a shame anyone would think PDP has a chance of out sitting Bello. African politics na wow oh....

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by bless9ja: 7:50am On Jan 28, 2016
who cares!!!
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by allthingsgood: 7:57am On Jan 28, 2016
So this shameless party pdp still haas mouth to talk Smh
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by allthingsgood: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2016
[s]
paulo220:
APC will finally loose the sit to PDP according 162 of constitution. this re my reasons.
1. falack,APC running mate initially denounce and dissociated his self from been Bello running mate.
2. APC should have replaced him before the rerun,cos the ticket must be a joint target so at it is Bello didn't met the requirement of the law,so no election.

3. falack,did not resigned his sit as house member before contesting election, as applicable to Dickson.
4. the swearing in yesterday was a slap on our nation, but it was done to avoid vacancy.
5. the rerun was waste of money and resources, cos inec should have announce the result since is only 10000 votes re needed.
6. bello of APC pulls 6,456,while PDP pulls 26,345. cos bello can't and will not inherits falack tickets since he dissociated his self.
so,PDP has 70% chances of coming back. Bello is in big shit.
my thought
[/s]

Hogwash!

Better wake up. We have gone past this level!

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by justmenoni: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2016
Then let there be a rerun election...let each parties have a new primaries that way we shall see if bello is popular and better than faleke vice versa

Pvin:
The situation in Kogi state is Dicey .
Indeed this will be a hard nut to crack by the court in choosing among Wada, Faleke and Bello because none amongst them is fully qualified for the crown 👑
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by MyMouth(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2016
ikkkkk:
I quite agree with PDP here. I personally think that a re- run will be ideal with APC flagging Yayaha Bello as their candidate. Because going by the last election results, Falake deserves that seat because he contested with late Audu and won. Yahaya Bello is just occupying a seat he didn't work for and he will be booted out shamefully in due time.
Bros, if there is a rerun, APC would never present yahaya bello unless they wen lose! Am sure APC knows that! Yahaya bello cannot even win primaries in APC if conducted today! the only people supporting him right now are the igbiras, the guy cause this wahala by not supporting Audu/falake at the polls! How on earth would u loose a party primaries, and instead of u to join hand with the winner and work for the party, u decided to work for the opponents, only for u you to come and claim a sit u never worked for just because Audu is dead! what about falake that was on the ticket and all others that worked for victory of the party? Nonsense!!!! And yes am Igala and a Muslim, so what?

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by smartmoses(m): 8:11am On Jan 28, 2016
First in History where a Governor will sworn in without a Deputy.Shame to Nigeria Judiciary.Politicians without Ideology
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by myproperty(m): 8:11am On Jan 28, 2016
Ameboperoo:
PDP is only dreaming. What have they achieved in the past 3 tenures? Kogites are not fools now.
We don't want you anymore simple.
The PDP in Kogi state messed up governance big time, but the issue at hand now is not about PDP but about the position of the law. The issue in Kogi state is very dicey because the court would eventually decide and with the court no one is sure because a little fact can swing the pendulum to another direction.

In my own view, I think Faleke should be the Governor because i feel the election was already won and loss ( there was nothing inconclusive about it)
That is my view the courts decision may be different. What ever is the court's decision that would be the best decision

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by smartmoses(m): 8:12am On Jan 28, 2016
smartmoses:
First in History where a Governor will sworn in without a Deputy.Shame to Nigeria Judiciary.Politicians without Ideology
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by id911(m): 8:14am On Jan 28, 2016
NaLaugh:

That's a pretty funny statement. smiley

I guess that's all Nigerian politicians really know how to do - make funny statements while doing nothing tangible.

Perhaps, they should all become comedians.

Hahahahaha... guy u wan kill me wit laff dis morning. o boy see as I laff dis ur comment so teyyy people dey ask me weti do me

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by phemmie06(m): 8:17am On Jan 28, 2016
If I may ask how many days excursion is it four years. PDP una no de shame
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by OnucheAdams: 8:18am On Jan 28, 2016
Aviero:
PDP should STFU! Stoopid besterds! What have they provided Kogites with for the last 13years? If not hardship and continuous embezzlement of state funds.

Any Kogite that says he/she prefers Wada to a new leader, just because of tribal sentiments, should be placed on a guillotine.

It's a new dawn for Kogi State. This is no slap on democracy. PDP should know that Kogites are not scared. Kogites are calm knowing that there's someone reasonable at the helm of affairs.

Wada should return to the psychiatric hospital where he came from.

What do you know about Kogi Politics? Weren't all the so called political associates of Bello all part of PDP? Weren't they the core of Ibro's Government before Wada came into politics?

And for you to label a man as accomplished as Wada a psycho goes to show that your intentions are simply malicious and not based on facts. I live in Kogi and can attest for a fact that Wada is the closest to a leader Kogi has ever had. All the others before him turned the State to an empire over which they and their families rule...

Whether you like it or not, the injustice in Kogi will not survive the test of time, and if you claim to be a learned person (which I doubt) you should be a proponent of having the Kogi impasse resolved in the interest of the country's democracy.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by OnucheAdams: 8:21am On Jan 28, 2016
sunday2012:
The kogites have spoken let the man be. pls give him chance to rule and not attending to court cases during his reign

7K votes you mean?

Bello vs Wada would have been an overwhelming landslide in favor of Wada. Audu was the only living politician in Kogi who had the might to defeat Wada, and to achieve that he needed the support of all the political heavy weights, and the so called Federal Might.
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by OnucheAdams: 8:24am On Jan 28, 2016
Ameboperoo:
PDP is only dreaming. What have they achieved in the past 3 tenures? Kogites are not fools now.
We don't want you anymore simple.

That's not the issue, but whether or not he came through due process should be your focus. Kogi's problem is structural not about a particular political party, and unless the structure is reviewed, not event Bill Gates would be able to solve the problems grippling the State.

And take this from someone who's been in the system for 30 years.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by Bigchief46(m): 8:27am On Jan 28, 2016
resty4:
Indeed it won't b long falake wl take his rightful positn in lugard house,kogi st.
Not Falake but Wada of PDP. APC had no validly nominated candidates at the election. Take five minutes off and read the clear provisions of S. 187(1) of the CONSTITUTION and S. 141 of the ELECTORAL ACT. The nomination form submitted by APC to INEC which had the names of Prince Audu & Faleke as Governorship & Deputy Governorship candidates was withdrawn by APC on the death of AUDU & substituted with another one which had the name of Yahaya Bello but contained no name of Deputy Governor thus invalidating the nomination & candidacy. Falake had no fresh nomination after the joint ticket with AUDU was withdrawn on the death of the later. More crucially, it is now settled law that you can only be declared winner of an election if you participated IN ALL STAGES of the election. Yahaya only participated in the supplementary election for just ONE LGA; he did not participate in the 11 April election in respect of TWENTY (20) LGAs. Faleke apart from having no valid subsisting nomination did not participate in the supplementary election as his name was not on the ballot. APC had no validly nominated candidates. All votes cast for them are "WASTED" votes which will be nullified. The candidate who was validly nominated, scored the highest number of "VALID" votes cast & met all other Constitutional requirements is Idris Wada of the PDP. If you think the Supreme Court shocked you with the Rivers Wike judgment, be prepared for more shocks when they send Yahaya Bello packing from Lord Lugard House very soon grin cheesy cool
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by OnucheAdams: 8:29am On Jan 28, 2016
possibilita:
chill man,nobody says he wants Wada they might be jolting right now but their success will only be guaranteed if and only if APC is still unable to settle Faleke

Wada has a much better case than Faleke. What social media warriors fail to realize is that Wada secured 200k votes, meaning that he has a popular base in Kogi State, but lost to Audu for a variety of reasons with the most prominent being INEC and Federal Might. You simply don't term someone as a massive failure simply because he lost an election, as there are many factors that go into winning elections in a very complex state like Kogi, with the least of them being development.

The emotions by the poster when probed further could simply be based on tribal sentiments, which has an overbearing say on the electoral process in Kogi. The wise and logical thing to do is to allow the legal process run its course for the benefit of the entire country at large.
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by Bigchief46(m): 8:49am On Jan 28, 2016
grandlexuz:
Very funny the way some people think. Although I am a Cameroonian, I have clearly understood why Bello won this Mandate. To those who because of tribal and political affilliations have refused to understand things I will lay this down for you. (Nwa teacher)

After Audu died Faleke could not be made Governor because the election was inconclusive. He was far from being Governor elect. His position in this election was running mate. He never went through any party primary elections. Atsuch when Audu died and APC was required by law to fill in another candidate it is only natural that the fill in the runner up of the primaries(Bello).

Personally I think this Falake guy is greedy. Had Audu not died he would have been assistant governor. After the death of Audu his agenda and dreams automatically changed. I trust this guy has a hand in Audu's demise..Lol. I would bet my beautiful wife any time any day that nothing will remove Bello from this seat. Falake had his chance of still being assistant Governor but turned it down. This might be the end of his political carrier. However if he is lucky he might end up as a local government chairman...Lol

It is a shame anyone would think PDP has a chance of out sitting Bello. African politics na wow oh....
Please my brother, don't bet your beautiful wife on this issue if you really love her but in case you insist, I am interested in the bet. I will put N20,000.00 down which is sufficient bride price. The bet is that before the end of 2016, the Judiciary would have booted Yahaya out of Lord Lugard House. Please post the picture of your beautiful wife while we contact Seun to moderate the bet with Nairalanders as witnesses. At least I won't have to go to Eritrea to sample a beautiful woman tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by EMMNIG: 9:00am On Jan 28, 2016
Strange things are happening in our country, swearing in a governor without a deputy, arrest and detention without charge to court, inconclusive elections trending, doctoring of national budget through back door, masses languishing in poverty. on and on and on, so many strange things.
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by babyfaceafrica: 9:02am On Jan 28, 2016
uyogabie:
You forgot to mention Labour Party.Indeed,uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.
labour and APGA na pdp boys ..,a pdp dey control them
Re: Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says by Aviero: 9:10am On Jan 28, 2016
OnucheAdams:

What do you know about Kogi Politics? Weren't all the so called political associates of Bello all part of PDP? Weren't they the core of Ibro's Government before Wada came into politics?

And for you to label a man as accomplished as Wada a psycho goes to show that your intentions are simply malicious and not based on facts. I live in Kogi and can attest for a fact that Wada is the closest to a leader Kogi has ever had. All the others before him turned the State to an empire over which they and their families rule...
Wada accomplished as a governor? Pray tell, how?

Nothing was happening in the state. Salaries were not being paid as and when due. The public education system has collapsed. I shouldn't even talk about the road network. .which is the worst in the country.

Some PDP members in the state knew fielding Wada would bring failure, and they were right. His government was so unpopular.

Idris wrecked the state and brought in his brother-in-law to complete the wrecking.

Whether you like it or not, the injustice in Kogi will not survive the test of time, and if you claim to be a learned person (which I doubt) you should be a proponent of having the Kogi impasse resolved in the interest of the country's democracy.
There is no injustice whatsoever. In no time, you'll be grateful for everything that is happening now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Red Alert Over Plot To Attack Abuja / Buhari Hosts West African Leaders At State House Over Gambia Election(pics) / Mohammed Abubakar Sold N150m Armoured SUV To Himself For N7.8m – Bauchi Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.