Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

he insulted me because i didnt want to be dependent on him - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / he insulted me because i didnt want to be dependent on him (2445 Views)

Tim Westwood Shreds His Credit Cards: "I'm Tired Of Dating Dependent Ladies" / “I Was Insulted, Abused But Now, Extremely Happy” - 19 Year Old Teenage Mother / Financially Dependent Ladies Who Talk About Marriage Lack Vision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: he insulted me because i didnt want to be dependent on him by lovaleenny(f): 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Pls op what's d name of d font yua using on ur fone...really feeling kiss
Re: he insulted me because i didnt want to be dependent on him by DrTizzle: 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
peculyachi:
for God sakes, is it a crime to want to be independent as a woman? I have been dating this guy for years, but because I refused to be dependent on him if we get married, he did this...and this little issue of not wanting to be a full time house wife is causing a whole lot of problems.

These ladies of nowadays are just too funny. first of all, understand that the way God created us as men, was and still is,to cater and provide for our families. By default of understanding, it is the man's duty to provide for his wife, that is why we pay your bride price and claim you, so you can come and stay under our roofs. But if a man wants to turn his lady into a house wife, then that man is an egotistical and ball-headed buffoon. Any man that claims he loves you all the way and at the same time wants to deprive you of certain fundamental rights does not deserve you in the first place. But judging from your conversation with that guy I was able to decode few things.

1. The guy sounds like a proud guy, which is normal, because men are naturally built to have egos.
2. You on the other hand you sound even way prouder than the guy, maybe he pissed you off, that led you to say all you said or you are just proud like that.

3. Based on your reply to him, you don't seem like you are in love with him or at the least fond of him, maybe you once did, but now, something has changed. Because a woman that loves a man despite anything the man says, will not respond in such an abrasive manner. Women that do this, are usually the proud ones. The appropriate thing to have done is allow him see your point in a very subtle but wise manner.

4. Lets not even waver around the notion of constituting a possibility of you wanting to get married to him. The guy on the other hand brushes the idea of marrying you, except he is being a very selfish and inconsiderate blind brute; 'but that does not justify your response towards him.'

5. Even though there were subliminal messages to be derived from what the guy said, he never completely mentioned the fact that, he'll want you to be a house wife, or am I missing something.

Finally my advise to you is this, you can't expect to be married to your husband, lover, helper, oloworieh (Yourba) and still want to be independent. It is not only silly, it's totally absurd to even think so. I am not saying you should remain a house wife,of course you should work and have your own little gig and ish, but think of your husband as an help mate and not a benefactor. For most part, I think you guys can easily sort things out. But to be honest, I don't think the both of you are ready to move forward. It's almost as if, for the past four years, you were building your relationship on nothing, otherwise you'd both have found common ground by now. Too bad tho, but I wish you a change of perspective and mindset. Don't even say you can leave without a man and blah blah, coz we all know that's bull poop.As for the guy, he is probably just waiting for you to come back to your senses. Men are like that sha......Happy splitted, lonely and frustrated love life. grin...Not if you change your mindset though..Cheers.. wink

This is probably the best advise you'd get winkso think about all I've said and think about it again.
Re: he insulted me because i didnt want to be dependent on him by tommychow(m): 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
Estharfabian:
grin

Guys could be super funny!
They all Want An independent woman, someone that wouldn't bug 'em Everytime for money for maggi, salt and pepper. yet, they still want You to stay home all day, do Nothing but Cook for 'em and Produce babies! (full HouseWife).undecided

Ain't it a bit Ludicrous?
And if You actually decide to be a full housewife AKA financially Useless! They'd still complain, calling You a parasite!sad

Y'all should just make up Your mind already!!
An independent woman Won't stay at home all day...! she'd also be hustling, the way guys do.

Chill on the generalization. Her man doesn't rep every Nigerian man. He clearly wants her to be dependent on him UNLIKE me and the rest of the men who feel in this bad economy, only one member of the family shouldn't take all financial responsibilities when two clearly can.
Re: he insulted me because i didnt want to be dependent on him by olagbemi118(m): 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
peculyachi:

Mr Olagbemi....m sure if u remove ur lens or whatever it is u have on ur eyes, u would see that I cropped his info out of d chat, ..... u do not know me, so u do not know if that was d hundredth time we are talking bout DAT....
even if it is the millionth time, I remain adamant on my point. How do you feel reading the nick names guys have given ur man here? Happy right? smh for u... It is ur type that won't see a thing in talking ur husband around the neighbourhood..
Re: he insulted me because i didnt want to be dependent on him by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
tommychow:

Chill on the generalization. Her man doesn't rep every Nigerian man. He clearly wants her to be dependent on him UNLIKE me and the rest of the men who feel in this bad economy, only one member of the family shouldn't take all financial responsibilities when two clearly can.
Uh..

I wasn't generalising.
Okay, I should've written "Some".
My Apologies...I'd modify the instant!smiley

Re: he insulted me because i didnt want to be dependent on him by herboshedhe(f): 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
DrTizzle:

These ladies of nowadays are just too funny. first of all, understand that the way God created us as men, was and still is,to cater and provide for our families. By default of understanding, it is the man's duty to provide for his wife, that is why we pay your bride price and claim you, so you can come and stay under our roofs. But if a man wants to turn his lady into a house wife, then that man is an egotistical and ball-headed buffoon. Any man that claims he loves you all the way and at the same time wants to deprive you of certain fundamental rights does not deserve you in the first place. But judging from your conversation with that guy I was able to decode few things.

1. The guy sounds like a proud guy, which is normal, because men are naturally built to have egos.
2. You on the other hand you sound even way prouder than the guy, maybe he pissed you off, that led you to say all you said or you are just proud like that.

3. Based on your reply to him, you don't seem like you are in love with him or at the least fond of him, maybe you once did, but now, something has changed. Because a woman that loves a man despite anything the man says, will not respond in such an abrasive manner. Women that do this, are usually the proud ones. The appropriate thing to have done is allow him see your point in a very subtle but wise manner.

4. Lets not even waver around the notion of constituting a possibility of you wanting to get married to him. The guy on the other hand brushes the idea of marrying you, except he is being a very selfish and inconsiderate blind brute; 'but that does not justify your response towards him.'

5. Even though there were subliminal messages to be derived from what the guy said, he never completely mentioned the fact that, he'll want you to be a house wife, or am I missing something.

Finally my advise to you is this, you can't expect to be married to your husband, lover, helper, oloworieh (Yourba) and still want to be independent. It is not only silly, it's totally absurd to even think so. I am not saying you should remain a house wife,of course you should work and have your own little gig and ish, but think of your husband as an help mate and not a benefactor. For most part, I think you guys can easily sort things out. But to be honest, I don't think the both of you are ready to move forward. It's almost as if, for the past four years, you were building your relationship on nothing, otherwise you'd both have found common ground by now. Too bad tho, but I wish you a change of perspective and mindset. Don't even say you can leave without a man and blah blah, coz we all know that's bull poop.As for the guy, he is probably just waiting for you to come back to your senses. Men are like that sha......Happy splitted, lonely and frustrated love life. grin...Not if you change your mindset though..Cheers.. wink

This is probably the best advise you'd get winkso think about all I've said and think about it again.

I so love this!

1 Like

Re: he insulted me because i didnt want to be dependent on him by tommychow(m): 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
Estharfabian:
Uh..

I wasn't generalising.
Okay, I should've written "Some".
My Apologies...I'd modify the instant!smiley

No worries.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RE: (SCAM) I Thought She Was A Friend,now She Wants Sex In Return For A Favour. / OMG!!! Watch Victoria Nude On Public Place / Pix:it Ain't About Money But The Little Things That Mean A Whole lot to girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.