Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League (2396 Views)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / When U Are Mine (paloma & Diego) Now On Dvd / Paloma Fever In Naija: Your Own Opinions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by saintkola(m): 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2006
do shut up will ya
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by gbadex1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2006
@hoodboi,

WHAT UP?!!!

@saintkola,

*still laughing* yippie! gbade scores another convert. Mexican soaps suck balls big time.

Anti-Paloma kind of soaps League, stand up!!!!

U know kola, u should join up. U know how they say it, "if u can't beat 'em, join 'em".
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by saintkola(m): 1:49am On Nov 17, 2006
*lol*
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by choco4life(m): 2:46am On Nov 17, 2006
what d f, k is wrong with when u rmine and other soaps, omo we r enjoying it.
After all i visited Ghana in the summer and their Tv is full of naijan soaps, naija films every where u wud mistake it for idumota
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by gbadex1(m): 8:46am On Nov 17, 2006
Bleep diego and paloma. Let 'em start airing Nigerian soaps rather than those daft mexican soaps.
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by Raymand(m): 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2006
Well gbade, it seems like all you want to do is talk talk talk, blah blah blah about it on the internet!! Typical!
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by gbadex1(m): 12:41am On Nov 18, 2006
*sigh*. another yung' un losing hope. First gbade gets his recruits (dude, fa Christ's sake, i need souljahs on the frontline!!), then he gets to the media, one or the other.

And i'm not trying that retarded dancehall music strategy. I got a reputation to protect.
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by hoodboi(m): 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2006
all those show's re too soft mein, we need some ril soaps
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by Raymand(m): 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2006
@ gbade

Okay, good to know you have something up your sleeves (supposedly). . .I'll love to see how this plays out, it's either you're one of those all talk and no action guys or you're not. . .only time. . .will tell. . . undecided
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by gbadex1(m): 1:18am On Nov 20, 2006
Only time will tell. . .

Ummm. . . someone give me the e-mail address of that columnist (airtime) on thisday.

And um Raymand, can u contact that friend of yours with them dynamites? Need a couple of C4s or sumthin like that. . . .
Re: The Anti-Paloma-kind-of-soaps League by Mustay(m): 11:49am On Jun 21, 2008
Interview with Adenuga

How come many people still prefer watching Mexican soaps to our local soaps?

As a TV producer, I will tell you that the biggest destroyer of good TV programmes in Nigeria is the advent of Mexican soaps.

If Nigerian government has the interest of the indigenous TV industry in mind, it would never have allowed it to happen. They are oblivious of the damage these soaps are doing every day. Look at the Mexican soaps, they are big project films shot on celluloid with millions of dollars and shown in more than 100 countries. And the producers have made their money. They now send it to African countries at next to nothing.

Super Story, even as it looks, is produced with almost one million naira per episode. Even then, you can’t compare it to a soap that was done at about 100 million naira per episode. To allow us grow, government should check the influx. If they are allowed to come in, they should not be shown on prime time belts, because that is where advertisers put their adverts. If you watch our TV stations 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., you see these Mexican soaps. And Nigerians are addicted to them, so there is no way a Nigerian programme scheduled for 10 p.m will compete with them.

The stations give all the time to Mexican soaps because they see them as money-spinners and there is no room for new Nigerian talents to operate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dstv A Fraud? / Face of Eva 2005 Competition / Snakes On A Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.