Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:17 PM

What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) (48566 Views)

"Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) / Re- What Okonjo-iweala Said When Oil Was $76 / What Happened To Our Reserves When Oil Was $120 Per Barrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by koboko69: 8:06am On Jan 29, 2016
GreatAgb:

I asked you a simple question, what buffers have the present team put in place?

She said 2 key things

1. Block revenue leakages

2. Introduce economic buffers into the budget to cushion the effects.

So answer my question

I already answered u in my original post. Only the blind or the ones who choose not to see will not see.... cheesy

Which are u...the Blind or the one that chose to be blind?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 29, 2016
Okonjo was fought to a standstill by these parasitic governors including amaechi Fashola oshiomole for attempting to create buffers for the economic crisis impending.... I think fg should stop giving allocations to States .....let them generate funds ....lobatan

Cc modath

7 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by persius555(m): 8:08am On Jan 29, 2016
4Play:
On the subject of flashbacks:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-09-30/nigeria-s-opposition-wants-to-scrap-sovereign-oil-funds

Is it not ironic that a party that who made it plainly clear that they are against maintaining a savings buffer against a potential fall in oil price now bemoan the lack of savings today?

Lets also remember that many APC run states, including Kemi Adeosun's Ogun state where she was commissioner of finance, were run as if oil prices will never fall. This explains why they have required bailouts. Remember this when you hear these partisan hacks try to pretend they are different from PDP.
I remember the then opposition spearheading the governor's forum for this call. Now, tables turned.

9 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by chiomzy86(f): 8:13am On Jan 29, 2016
koboko69:

You want magic in less than one year? What was NOI looking at for 6 years? She has expected oil to keep booming?
Yes he wants magic because that's what APC promised during their presidential campaign..

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by koboko69: 8:18am On Jan 29, 2016
INTROVERT:
This article would have made more sense if the OP did not seek to blatantly attack perceived enemies.

Where is the attack?

1 Like

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by koboko69: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2016
chiomzy86:

Yes he wants magic because that's what APC promised during their presidential campaign..

They promised change. They have 4 years to deliver. Wailing in less than a year wont change anything

8 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by koboko69: 8:37am On Jan 29, 2016
Mynd44, lalasticlala i have seen attacks on APC and Mrs Adeosun grace FP on several occasions.
Why is this defence ignored.
That NOI attacked Oshiomole, Soludo and now Falana did not stop newspapers and media houses from publishing her attacks. Neither did it stop NL from publishing it on FP.
Cc seun

2 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by Progressive01(m): 8:38am On Jan 29, 2016
koboko69:
[size=15pt]Brace for tougher times ahead, Okonjo-Iweala tells Nigerians[/size] -NOV 2014

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

THE AIM OF DIGGING UP THIS ARTICLE:

Pleae note: Madam Okonjor made this assertions in November 2014.

1. This is to remind the Wailing Wailers who keep attacking the current minister of Finance that the ex Finance Minister whom they so much believe in and whom they believe would have been a messiah sounded the alarm of a very tough economy ahead even when oil was still as high as 76usd per barrel. Do I need to remind anyone the price of oil per barrel now?

2. The ex Minister of Finance only saw a need to block revenue leakages when Oil prices started dropping low. Was any action taken after her suggestion? No!!! Rather, despite the dwindling oil prices, CBN became am ATM to allies of the president, where raw Dollars/Naira where withdrawn/tansferred under the guise of phantom projects, bogus subsidy claims, arms procurements. Etc. Now we are suffering of dollar crunch.

Who came on board to block the leakages? The new Sheriff off course, President Buhari.

3. If at $76/per barrel, Madam Okonjor was already ringing bells, why do the Wailing Wailers expect a booming economy from a government which is less than a year in office, and currently selling oil at $28 per barrel? Rather than wailing, they should rather support the government in steps taken to move Nigeria forward.

4. Madam Okonjor needs to explain to Nigerians why Nigeria was not saving for the dry season when oil was sold well above $100 per barrel. What happened to all the revenues generated when oil was booming? We only had booming economy on papers, ordinary Nigerians never felt a booming economy under her watch.

To the Wailing Wailers:

President Buhari have succeeded in blocking a lot of revenue leakages, and is driving seriously for non oil revenue generations as it is evident in the changes made in the Nigeria Customs, FIRS, and the appointment of learned scholar Dr. kayode Fayemi as the minister of Solid minerals.Etc

We have also seen efforts to recover stolen money even though some term it political witch hunting. The almost dead EFCC whose duty was reduced to chasing Internet fraudsters popularly known as Yahoo boys have suddenly rosen up to their responsibilities. Fraudsters like Olisah Metuh, Dansuki and the likes are already feeling the heat.

Efforts to recover stollen money is also a form of blocking revenue leakages.

The fact remains that APC led government can not correct the 16 years rot of PDP in less than a year and it is illogical to blame the current economic woes on the newly elected president. Only the blind will not see President Buhari is really working to make Nigeria great again.

SO FAR SO GOOD, PRESIDENT BUHARI IS PERFORMING ECONOMIC MIRACLES AS HE HAS NOT BORROWED TO PAY ANY SALARIES

God bless the Federal Rubublic of Nigeria

NB: I am a die hard APC supporter with No Apologies!!!!
Very nice piece indeed!! This further goes to show most of the criticisms against the policies and positions taken by this government as regards the economy and the price of crude are borne out of nothing but raw hatred for Buhari simply because he defeated Jonathan or is a Muslim.

Imagine NOI saying all this when it was over $75pb, what would she have said had she still been retained?? Yet someone created a thread asking Buhari to "beg" Okonjo Iweala to come assist him turn around the economy!

These guys have no shame. The stench of their hypocrisy can knock an elephant a mile away dead cold!

Lalasticlala, Seun, please this should feature on the fp.

8 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by mycar: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2016
When an expert was telling them, they no hear, now see why our economy is going south www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-09-30/nigeria-s-opposition-wants-to-scrap-sovereign-oil-funds

Truth will come out one day.

3 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by ijustdey: 8:48am On Jan 29, 2016
I was expecting a debate of sound economic minds, logic and reasoning....

but, I could see is insult, abuse

when will we youths rise above personal hatred and ethical beef for each other and lets contribute to make this nation fulfill its potential

5 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by Babacele: 8:53am On Jan 29, 2016
GreatAgb:
This is an indication of the cluelessness of the present FG. Even before they got to power, the were aware of the tough times aheaD. They promised change. They came into power and yet the impact is growing by the day. What buffers have this govt put in place as sugGested by NOI?

On the economy, this govt has since slipped from grade D to E and are precariously at the edge of slipping to an epic Fail.
let me upgrade lying wailer like u. 1 how much is the price of oil presently at the international market?
2. Why couldn't GEJ pay salaries at the twilight of his administration?

3. When u steal money meant for a project , what happens to the project? if you want the project to still take off, what wld you do?
4. what economic legacies did the last administration leave that discouraged profligacy?
5.Has PMB borrowed so far despite the PDP wickedheavy looting of d treasury.
you all can cry till eternity.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by Progressive01(m): 8:54am On Jan 29, 2016
koboko69:

I already answered u in my original post. Only the blind or the ones who choose not to see will not see.... cheesy

Which are u...the Blind or the one that chose to be blind?
They can see it, and have seen it! It is a case of selective blindness.

4 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by Progressive01(m): 9:02am On Jan 29, 2016
koboko69:
Mynd44, lalasticlala i have seen attacks on APC and Mrs Adeosun grace FP on several occasions.
Why is this defence ignored.
That NOI attacked Oshiomole, Soludo and now Falana did not stop newspapers and media houses from publishing her attacks. Neither did it stop NL from publishing it on FP.
Cc seun
Old tweets made by El Rufai regarding fuel subsidy removal under Jonathan even made fp at some point just to take us down memory lane. This also deserves that publicity.

1 Like

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by jaybee3(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2016
brilliant argument

Kudos

1 Like

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by carboblanko(m): 9:16am On Jan 29, 2016
koboko69:
[size=15pt]Brace for tougher times ahead, Okonjo-Iweala tells Nigerians[/size] -NOV 2014

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html

THE AIM OF DIGGING UP THIS ARTICLE:

Pleae note: Madam Okonjor made this assertions in November 2014.

1. This is to remind the Wailing Wailers who keep attacking the current minister of Finance that the ex Finance Minister whom they so much believe in and whom they believe would have been a messiah sounded the alarm of a very tough economy ahead even when oil was still as high as 76usd per barrel. Do I need to remind anyone the price of oil per barrel now?

2. The ex Minister of Finance only saw a need to block revenue leakages when Oil prices started dropping low. Was any action taken after her suggestion? No!!! Rather, despite the dwindling oil prices, CBN became am ATM to allies of the president, where raw Dollars/Naira where withdrawn/tansferred under the guise of phantom projects, bogus subsidy claims, arms procurements. Etc. Now we are suffering of dollar crunch.

Who came on board to block the leakages? The new Sheriff off course, President Buhari.

3. If at $76/per barrel, Madam Okonjor was already ringing bells, why do the Wailing Wailers expect a booming economy from a government which is less than a year in office, and currently selling oil at $28 per barrel? Rather than wailing, they should rather support the government in steps taken to move Nigeria forward.

4. Madam Okonjor needs to explain to Nigerians why Nigeria was not saving for the dry season when oil was sold well above $100 per barrel. What happened to all the revenues generated when oil was booming? We only had booming economy on papers, ordinary Nigerians never felt a booming economy under her watch.

To the Wailing Wailers:

President Buhari have succeeded in blocking a lot of revenue leakages, and is driving seriously for non oil revenue generations as it is evident in the changes made in the Nigeria Customs, FIRS, and the appointment of learned scholar Dr. kayode Fayemi as the minister of Solid minerals.Etc

We have also seen efforts to recover stolen money even though some term it political witch hunting. The almost dead EFCC whose duty was reduced to chasing Internet fraudsters popularly known as Yahoo boys have suddenly rosen up to their responsibilities. Fraudsters like Olisah Metuh, Dansuki and the likes are already feeling the heat.

Efforts to recover stollen money is also a form of blocking revenue leakages.

The fact remains that APC led government can not correct the 16 years rot of PDP in less than a year and it is illogical to blame the current economic woes on the newly elected president. Only the blind will not see President Buhari is really working to make Nigeria great again.

SO FAR SO GOOD, PRESIDENT BUHARI IS PERFORMING ECONOMICMIRACLES AS HE HAS NOT BORROWED TO PAY ANY SALARIES

God bless the Federal Rubublic of Nigeria

NB: I am a die hard APC supporter with No Apologies!!!!
Thank you for refreshing our memories . The problem with some of us is that we have short memories. It makes no sense to blame the current economic crisis on the current administration without looking into the policies of the last one. But some myopic folks would not see this.

3 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by obailala(m): 9:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by razid: 9:32am On Jan 29, 2016
Though the price of sweet crude, the blend of oil export from Nigeria, rose marginally at the close of trading on Wednesday to $76.96 per barrel, it has already crashed below the $79 per barrel benchmark approved in the 2014 Appropriation Act, concerns are mounting that tough times are indeed ahead.
Interesting at the underlined. $79 per barrel was the benchmark that was passed into law, but price of crude fell to $76 just like we are having a situation whereby $38 per barrel was proposed (not even passed into law) but the crude oil price is hovering around $30 per barrel. So much for the World Best Economists who are making so much noise about a benchmark that has not even be passed into law as if we have never had a situation whereby the executive will propose a benchmark and the legislators will change it to another.

2 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by koboko69: 10:16am On Jan 29, 2016
razid:

Interesting at the underlined. $79 per barrel was the benchmark that was passed into law, but price of crude fell to $76 just like we are having a situation whereby $38 per barrel was proposed (not even passed into law) but the crude oil price is hovering around $30 per barrel. So much for the World Best Economists who are making so much noise about a benchmark that has not even be passed into law as if we have never had a situation whereby the executive will propose a benchmark and the legislators will change it to another.

Nna men....this people will stop at nothing to see Buhari fail! Forgetting that if Buhari fails....ordinary Nigerians like me yoy and them are the biggest loosers. This politicians have stashed so much money abroad....their children are abroad....while we keep defending them here.

4 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by busky101(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2016
koboko69:
Dear mynd44 lalasticlala and seun. Wailiing Wailers in not an abuse or insult and have been officially used by renowned writers and even the presidents media aide and have been published on news papers.

I am simply reminding with wailing wailers/ipob that their goddess was already making noise even when oil was still $75 per barrel and she specifically noted we were going to start feeling drop in oil prices NOV 2014. Oil have been dropping ever since then....hence Magician Buhari needs to be given more time
abi u simply wanted to be ftc on ur own post again
Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 29, 2016
JingoOAU:

It means there's nothing on ground for Buhari to work with...

I am surprised you are still talking about that initial lie that has been roundly exposed to be what it is, a LIE.

1 Like

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by koboko69: 12:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
GreatAgb:

I am surprised you are still talking about that initial lie that has been roundly exposed to be what it is, a LIE.

What is the lie in nothing was met on ground?
Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by Demdem(m): 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Redoil:
Let me pity ur ailing condition as an automatic zombie and ur bad janjawe.edian life by answering kwestion 4.
When okonjo and gej were crying blood telling nigeria to save for the hard times ahaed some of ur captians of zombie and ur janjawee.dian 5 star generals who are ameachi the air lord fashole the tomboy of tinubu who spent $85 million to buy an already existed site $150million in digging a borehole, oshiomole the go and die governor with opolo eye who spent over $200million marrying an ethiopian goddess, took gej to court and and shouted corruption of which you koboko69, gbawe the slum the dweller, beremx, omenka, passingshot, delgardo, demdem and all scam change agent were shouting kworruption. I pity you. Apc change

Demdem:
To those fools who will come and tell me that she couldn't save because of Amaechi and co........u lot are shameless fools. However, I leave u with Prof Soludo words to Ngozi. The witch is yet to respond.

I hereby challenge your attempt to blame others for not saving for the rainy day. It is not a virtue when you are quick to appropriate all the credit when things are going well, but shift the blame when they go wrong. You blame the state governors— who, according to you, have taken the Federal Government to the Supreme Court—not that a Supreme Court judgment forced your hands. For your information, the governors have never agreed to savings and always threatened court action even under Obasanjo. Why did we save under Obasanjo but not under Jonathan? Two keywords explain it: leadership and integrity. Governor Amaechi said the governors insisted on sharing the funds because they found out that you were illegally fiddling with the savings. So, as Nigerians still wonder, if billions of dollars are now ‘missing’ under your nose, why should governors trust you to keep their money? Do the states that have taken the federal government to the Supreme Court and refused to save also include the PDP governors—who are in the majority? If so, then it is fatal: even governors of your own party, PDP, do not trust you to keep their money! Furthermore, did the governors also stop the Federal Government from saving part of its share? If you ran a surplus budget at the Federal level, you would have had credibility to blame others or to say they did not listen to your advice. The key point is that since you were running huge deficits yourself, it was also in your own interest to share the ECA. You did not show leadership or credibility, full stop!

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by Demdem(m): 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ngozi the witch is a fraud. She never intended to save. Even after sharing, at least 52% of the money shared will go to FG. What stopped her from saving that? Was there anybody in court stopping FG from saving his money? Soludo has said it all. It was in the best interest of both Jonah-daft and Ngozi to share the money afterall they got the largest pie. Amaechi they are crucifying for it didn't even get up to 1%. Even before sharing, they were busy poking their noses into the account doing whatever they deemed fit with it which prompted Amaechi and co to raise alarm.
Even pdp governors never trusted the Witch with their money. It was that bad.

5 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by Demdem(m): 12:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
Demdem:
The same witch under whose leadership we were borrowing to pay salaries by the time she was leaving despite years of enormous plenty ( the useless woman couldn't save, the one obj saved, she squandered it. one of the main reason why we are currently where we are.), under her watch, our collective yams were carted away in billions in a manner never seen before........this is plain foolish. This thread is useless. Take it serious at ur peril.
Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by dadexcel: 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
koboko69:

You want magic in less than one year? What was NOI looking at for 6 years? She has expected oil to keep booming?
........No dear, do not think he wants magic, rather he will like to atleast see a clear policy thrust / direction after about 8 months of the new administration.....not sure thats asking for too much is it?.......
Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by mej67: 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2016
Dear op,

You simply demonstrated your ignorance. What is sustaining administration today are the pull ups from MDA 's that are stashed in TSA.

All ongoing infrastructure works are in limbo while the sums committed for them are being used to pay salaries.

Wait till TSA, which technically currently has what last administration saved/left, finishes then we talk again.

2 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by BlackOnassis(m): 12:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Wailers must wail cos that's what they do. PMB do ya thing!

1 Like

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by koboko69: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
mej67:
Dear op,

You simply demonstrated your ignorance. What is sustaining administration today are the pull ups from MDA 's that are stashed in TSA.

All ongoing infrastructure works are in limbo while the sums committed for them are being used to pay salaries.

Wait till TSA, which technically currently has what last administration saved/left, finishes then we talk again.

Very funny. Another beer parlor gist. Nigeria makes money every day. Revenue loop holes have been plugged. Money will keep on going into the TSA and there will be infrastructurural developments.TSA was technically not in existence till the administration came on board. To say it was money saved by past admin in TSA this admin is using is a bogus lie from you.

4 Likes

Re: What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) by 7lives: 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
gbengaizzHe:

Wailing wailers mostly talk and contributes to matters of the economy out of hatred for PMB. They see only the flaws of the president.. trust me even if the exchange rate of Naira to dollar is 1naira to 1dollar, they'll still come up with something stupid to say...

They all need jesus

They are in for a shock 'cause from the look of things, oil will not be in red for long and from the rally i'm seeing on my chart, the bulls are trying to seize the market, if they succeed which will largely depends on who emerge as the president of USA and this is why i'm rooting for TRAMP though some call him TRUMP.
The price of commodities are driven by speculations, i'm banking on investors lack of confidence in Tramp to weaken the gold and so the dollar.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US To Seize Kola Aluko’s House: $25m Los Angeles Mansion / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Emeka Nwajiuba Nominated For Ministerial Appointment By Buhari Is A Lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.