Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,447 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' (22632 Views)

The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by baralatie(m): 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
Firefire:
APC ? - SMH

'Why is propaganda so much more successful when it stirs up hatred than when it tries to stir up friendly feeling'? Bertrand Russell

3 Likes

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by LordVoldemort(m): 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
Firefire:

O se fun awon eleya ni egbe oselu APC, awon ojelu, ole, alo ki olo hun kigbe, gbewiri, jaguda pali, ti won pe ra won ni Omoluabi. undecided

APC, Party of professional propagandist and career fraudsters.

Put your thinking cap on olodo, why wil APC be behind an article that refer to their number one man as an idiot who hasn't learnt a thing in 30+ ? Which damage Is more? In ur rational mind will float an article just to call someone name and @ the same time attack your party? Brother e ni opolo amon e kin fe lo
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Enouwem(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ignorance is not good ooo. Editorials are written by members of the editorial board. Now tell me, is Tolu Ogunlesi a member of The Economist editorial board?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by FLYFIRE(m): 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
dustmalik:
There is a rule on Nairaland that clearly state that, a Nairalander shouldn't spread false information. Now, there is no evidence that Tolu Ogunlesi sponsored that article or even made contributions to it. Just because Mr. AyeDee says he did, doesn't make it true.

Seun, Mynd44, lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, this is character assassination on the person of Tolu Ogunlesi. Therefore, this thread should be closed ASAP.
Aisha jollof

2 Likes

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
Demdem:

Simply because I chose not to answer very obvious silly questions eh? Are u paying me to answer them? Should it be a must? Say whatever u want to say without having me in the picture. Why is that difficult for u to do?
Lololol. Why are you not comfortable with being called a Morally Good Friend?

1 Like

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Enouwem(m): 2:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
Enouwem:
Ignorance is not good ooo. Editorials are written by members of the editorial board. Now tell me, is Tolu Ogunlesi a member of The Economist editorial board?

Someone should quote this to the front page
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Demdem(m): 2:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
Reyginus:
Lololol. Why are you not comfortable with being called a Morally Good Friend?

Because I hate to be praised. Am no saint
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
Demdem:

Because I hate to be praised. Am no saint
Lol. But your last response before this suggested I called you that because you didn't answer my question. Where's the relationship?
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Demdem(m): 2:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. But your last response before this suggested I called you that because you didn't answer my question. Where's the relationship?

It's not up to u to determine what and what I answer or respond to. That's for me to decide and Its also up to me to keep my reasons to myself.
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
Demdem:

It's not up to u to determine what and what I answer or respond to. That's for me to decide and Its also up to me to keep my reasons to myself.
Wow! Bravo! What if I beg for it?

1 Like

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Splashme: 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
NavierStokes:
Aisha's Rice plus Lai's 39 billion at work.

So even Tolu is affected by the crude economics tactics, while praising Buhari's policies, he writes articles under "anonymous" and refers to his principal as an "idio.t" who has learnt nothing in 30+ years.

Little wonder for the many years of president Buhari rearing cattle he can only boast of 150 cattles.
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by HammerEvery(f): 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
Bam! it finally landed FP.
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by ronald4lif(m): 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nonsense. Only those who are battling neo-colonialism psychosis will find this unmerited attack on GEJ, a former head of state of the most populous black nation in Africa, happy. What the naive blacks don't know is that the West don't want their betterment and progress and would seize at any slim opportunity to lash at them and their figure heads.

It's surprising that The Economist, based in the UK would play blind to the fact that Britain, a monarch state, with it pseudo democratic values feast on the tax payer contribution to finance their monarchy against the will of many Brits and without any ballot to ascertain if the common tax payer wants their taxes to fund the fat cats in Buckingham palace talks about a sovereign state like Nigeria in such despicable manner.

Why has The Economist with it acclaim world wide reputation not seen anything wrong with the UK invading developing third world countries under the guise of peace keeping only to plunder their natural resources? The fact is that Britain and her American allies in alliance with their bulldog media lack merits to label an ex-president of a sovereign states buffoon coz they are the real buffoons. These pseudo world powers are the major reason for the black man quagmire and should shut up.

Yes, GEJ is inept, clueless and shouldn't have ever been president but I don't need the West to tell me. If I can't tell them that Cameron and Obama are blood sucking power mongers they too shouldn't tell me about my president and country. It's sad that ignorant Nigerians and Jonathan haters are celebrating on this brazen attack on our sovereignty and pride as a country. Really sad and I say fvck The Economist and it Western sponsors. undecided

2 Likes

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
No wonder the ministry of information has more allocation than ministry of agriculture in Buhari's budget.

If the statement above is true then Nigeria is sinking faster than Titanic did.

PROPAGANDA GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA ( FGN PGN)

2 Likes

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by papaejima1: 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
dustmalik:

If you had common sense, then you would know that the onus of proof is on the accuser, not the accused.
If you had common sense, you'd know that silence connotes agreement.
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Aegon(m): 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

I. am not here for zombies, go and find your mate

2 Likes

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by PrinceFromDilli(m): 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2016
Call GEJ any name the spirit of those dead soldiers and innocent civilians will cover you up.

1 Like

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by playtheblues(f): 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
That rule should also apply to all those who attack GEJ and PDP without facts.
dustmalik:
There is a rule on Nairaland that clearly state that, a Nairalander shouldn't spread false information. Now, there is no evidence that Tolu Ogunlesi sponsored that article or even made contributions to it. Just because Mr. AyeDee says he did, doesn't make it true.

Seun, Mynd44, lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, this is character assassination on the person of Tolu Ogunlesi. Therefore, this thread should be closed ASAP.

1 Like

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2016
papaejima1:
If you had common sense, you'd know that silence connotes agreement.
I disagree bro. That means we are all guilty of every thing said about us where we gave the silent treatment? You talk about Silence when it's just a day interval?

1 Like

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by playtheblues(f): 3:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
Whether it was one line or half, you people should leave GEJ out of your madness.

Adminisher:

Please try to use your BRAINS. There were more than a thousand words in that article which was actually critical of some Buhari policies. Only a few lines were devoted to Jonathan .
The whole point of the article was to persuade Buhari to take some economic policies and not to insult Jonathan. If only one sentence is the thing rankling you guys then maybe it is true that Jonathan really is an ineffectual buffoon

1 Like

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by diegwu01: 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
The phrase "Ineffectual Buffon" must have hit the wailers under the belt. grin grin grin
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Forwetinnah: 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
They also posted this...how come the APC dunces are not dancing with thread on this?

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by StOla: 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
dustmalik:

I wonder myself.

So all I need is to make a claim on Twitter and it becomes a fact?
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by tng(f): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
Yes, GEJ is inept, clueless and shouldn't have ever been president but I don't need the West to tell me. If I can't tell them that Cameron and Obama are blood sucking power mongers they too shouldn't tell me about my president and country. It's sad that ignorant Nigerians and Jonathan haters are celebrating on this brazen attack on our sovereignty and pride as a country. Really sad and I say fvck The Economist and it Western sponsors

I personally agree with your submission as the name calling is a new low for them. I can also understand why the "Jonathan haters" as you say are 'celebrating'. If it was Buhari or any other president that was so called, these same people forming outrage would be "celebrating" as well.
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by ngoziama: 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

https://twitter.com/MrAyeDee/status/693011514043666432

https://twitter.com/MrAyeDee/status/693013410758275072

If confirmed this idiot wrote that then I wont be sorry to call him not just a vagabond but a ba...rd. Animal
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Naijiant: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by justmenoni: 5:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
God I beg dash me dat kind of patience from GEJ,that man is so patient and very humble haba...God please give me that kind suru oooooo
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by Orikinla(m): 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
When I first made the impression here that APC were behind that article, some thought I was playing. No wonder the ministry of information has more allocation than ministry of agriculture in Buhari's budget.

Someone is pissed at the many international accolades GEJ has been getting since he left office. smh
[size=18pt]
Your poor comprehension is appalling.
How can APC sponsor an article that called former President Goodluck Jonathan "ineffectual buffoon" and also said President Muhammadu Buhari is worse? [/size]
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by AtlanticBreeze: 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]
Your poor comprehension is appalling.
How can APC sponsor an article that called former President Goodluck Jonathan "ineffectual buffoon" and also said President Muhammadu Buhari is worse? [/size]
you don't get it, the hack apc writer praises buhari publicly but critizes with "anonymous" pen name. read the screen shots

1 Like

Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by DonDiego(m): 1:21am On Jan 30, 2016
dustmalik:

Here is your evidence. Tolu Ogunlesi has been associated with the Economist as a contributor since at least year. Read the link below:

http://www.signalng.com/exclusive-tolu-ogunlesi-wrote-the-economist-article-calling-gej-an-ineffectual-buffoon/
Re: ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' by aristosoft(m): 8:17am On Feb 01, 2016
anonimi:

What was the right thing that Jonathan did?
Thanks.

He conceded defeat. Handed over to opposition without protests or war.That singular action saved the lives of thousands, property worth billions. No African in history has ever done that. I'm not a fan of GEJ, but it's the reason for the peace we experienced.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Announces Panel Members To Investigate Military Conduct During Ekitigate / Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case / Buhari Hasn’t Apologised To Senate – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.