Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife (59513 Views)

Man Explains The Horrible Way He Found Out His Wife Was Cheating!!! / I Made A Terrible Mistake With Her,now She Is Suicidal / Mistake Married Women Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by rhymesteey(f): 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Honestly am one of the luckiest woman on earth... No matter how hard I nag or talk my husband will just be watching me like cinemas... grin At the end I just feel stupid
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by kushsy: 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
cbrass:

Whats it with you ladies and words sef, my babe is breaking up with me now because of what I said that I can't even remember again sef angry
Put yourself in my shoes,d man I decided to marry, comfortably called me a prostitute n a desperado cos I accepted to marry him after 6 month of dating..i was 3o. N later d same person will come begging u everyday to forgive. It depend on the weight of the Words.

1 Like

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by cbrass(m): 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
kushsy:
Put yourself in my shoes,d man I decided to marry, comfortably called me a prostitute n a desperado cos I accepted to marry him after 6 month of dating..i was 3o. N later d same person will come begging u everyday to forgive. It depend on the weight of the Words.

Ah..that's heavy nw, even if you guys met in a club shouldn't warrant that statement, probably he was very angry shocked
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by kushsy: 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
cbrass:

Ah..that's heavy nw, even if you guys met in a club shouldn't warrant that statement, probably he was very angry shocked
Now u understand..I was a normal girl,club once in a while, nothing extra ordinary...guess it's just my luck.
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by cbrass(m): 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
kushsy:
Now u understand..I was a normal girl,club once in a while, nothing extra ordinary...guess it's just my luck.

Can I ask your view about something?
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by klassic(m): 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
Weeee:
Dear OP,

I know you had no intention to hurt your wife and I also know she knows you had no intention of hurting her. We know how women are, some of them are quick to run their mouths and this makes us hit them most times.

I am happy you are ready to learn from your mistakes. Women are to be cared for and loved, hitting them is something we as men should never do no matter what the circumstances are.

I believe she is just shocked that you hit her for the first time in 5years and she is trying to come out from that shock. It's good to give her sometime, but you need to use this opportunity to step up your romantic game.

I would advise you to start doing things you haven't done in a while. Always come home with a treat and some gifts, send some love text messages while at work and always try to put a smile on her face. Trust me, she will definitely come out of it and apologize for provoking you to hit her.

Top 10 Most Educated African Presidents, See Where Buhari Was Placed Here>>>>>http://lawcourtinsurance..co.uk/2016/01/insurance-and-law-cases-in-2016.html

The danger in this is that she might take advantage of the entire situation cos she knows you love her so much and also you are afraid to lose her. Be careful cos if this after all he cannot do with me mentality gets into her head, you will be sorry. What you do is apologise and let her know she caused it by doing so, she gets to share from the blame. Also, show her love, but don't over do it. Apply wisdom and give her space. Like space space till she turns around.

2 Likes

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by ableguy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
CertifiedFreak:
Dude, she's ur wife. Where the hell is she going to? If the space sef too much, slap her some more.

All these 21st century ladies thinking gender equality is applicable at home. A lady who argues with hubby till he's so not conscious of his acts needs a factory reset slap.

Lol
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by tooman: 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
Blanc8:
Buy her a car then Slap her again... Nothing dey happen
Wallahi u no balance at all. I would have liked your comment but you have gat enough. nice one bro

1 Like

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by moshino(m): 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
Blanc8:

Was it how you father was slapping your mother?

1 Like

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by SHAIBULIAR: 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
ladyF:

lol I does beat men very well Sir, you would not want to marrying me. grin
that is why i want to marry you,so that you can always beat me
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by kushsy: 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
cbrass:

,.go ahead.ask
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by austinoeze(m): 6:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
Am not much of the commenting type but this really got me.
D simple solution is to get her some gifts, ofcorse u r her husband n should know those things she love. trust me it works like magic n keep reminding her dat u made a big mistake n will never repeat such again, keep sending her apologies texts until she truly gets over it.
But wait o... Who slaps his/her partner this 21st century. Come on mehn, i mean there are so many ways to deal with women without even laying hands on them... like seriously till they come crawling n begging.
I hope it works 4u n i wish u a happily ever married life n grt kids
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by kushsy: 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
cbrass:

ask..
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by DAdmiral(m): 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
cruzita:
u should have steered clear the moment u saw she was in NAGGING MODE that's what men do .but since the deed has been done just buy her an iPhone 6 and a car,take her on a shopping spree and everything will be normal. BUT REMEMBER DONT TRY THAT AGAIN
R u even married?do u use an Iphone6 and can u buy a car?crook.
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by cbrass(m): 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
kushsy:
ask..

I only ask her to be more caring cos my own definition of a caring babe is some one that helps me in my work or things pertaining to me, she was shocked and said she loved me so much and care a lot about me but I don't just get it, so I told her she hasn't done any meaniful thing in my life that can make me see her caring part then she started weeping and called it off after 3 years so I just don't get what I said that's bad,
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by diva90: 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
The most important thing is that you are remorse. Please make a promise to her that you will never hit her again, reassure her seriously. Buy her gifts, take her out, pamper her and make her feel good. She will feel better ...
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by kushsy: 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
cbrass:

I only ask her to be more caring cos my own definition of a caring babe is some one that helps me in my work or things pertaining to me, she was shocked and said she loved me so much and care a lot about me but I don't just get it, so I told her she hasn't done any meaniful thing in my life that can make me see her caring part then she started weeping and called it off after 3 years so I just don't get what I said that's bad,
It was a matter of understanding...you didt explain which area you wanted the caring more, am sure as a lady she does the needful, you know our usual, ( have u eaten,did u sleep well,what will u like to eat,) all the usual but don't really want to know if u r programmer, a technologist and all that..you should try to involve her in your work. Make her understand where she is lacking..you just threw it at her n she didt get the aspect you wanted her input more..go get her and make understand where you are coming from. Hope I made little sense.
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by cbrass(m): 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
kushsy:
It was a matter of understanding...you didt explain which area you wanted the caring more, am sure as a lady she does the needful, you know our usual, ( have u eaten,did u sleep well,what will u like to eat,) all the usual but don't really want to know if u r programmer, a technologist and all that..you should try to involve her in your work. Make her understand where she is lacking..you just threw it at her n she didt get the aspect you wanted her input more..go get her and make understand where you are coming from. Hope I made little sense.

Yea you made alot of sense, she do those normal caring stuffs you talked about, it's just that I can't understand why my babe won't register on my own website until I beg her to do it, in fact when I write an application and want her to test it for me she will just smile at me and say she trust me that I did a good job and won't border to look at it, this get me so pissed off a lot, I refused to apologize at first but later I had a rethink and decided to chat her up but she insists that I should giver her space, she eben told me she is already thinking of some one else. Just like that ? In the space of a week? have decided not to call her but i may give it a try this night because of your commet
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by kushsy: 7:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
cbrass:

Yea you made alot of sense, she do those normal caring stuffs you talked about, it's just that I can't understand why my babe won't register on my own website until I beg her to do it, in fact when I write an application and want her to test it for me she will just smile at me and say she trust me that I did a good job and won't border to look at it, this get me so pissed off a lot, I refused to apologize at first but later I had a rethink and decided to chat her up but she insists that I should giver her space, she eben told me she is already thinking of some one else. Just like that ? In the space of a week? have decided not to call her but i may give it a try this night because of your commet
yes call her n fix d difference but if she insist on d space stuff, I will advice you don't breath on her but keep in close touch..she will come around...for d some else aspect noooo she is just pulling your legs,,no lady spells out such things fast...

1 Like

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by vareal(m): 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Show her unreserved care nd lov like never bf. Fgiv ur sef. Nd remember there is notin u can do to change wot has has happened. Ur appology shuld cm frm ur heart. Giv her the space she asked for. This will enable her to heal hersef. I dicover u hav given her an emotional pain. I can assure u that wen u double ur effort to please her she will need u bk. Remember while u give her the space dnt create a space. Finally talk to God abt it. Good luck
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by efficiencie(m): 9:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
draftmaster:
Save a husband's marriage by advising him maturely

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/01/i-made-a-horrible-mistake-with-my-lovely-wife/

Grant her request! Give her the needed space...Play your role as a man, endure the fallout of this sad event, listen more and talk less, love her even when she fails to love you in return...soon it would dawn on her that it could have been the other way around and she'll realize her part in the sad event and make up fully with you! Life goes in cycles. Soon it would be her turn to hurt you as you did to her and she'll realize that FORGIVENESS is an inevitable part of all bonds of love...

And one more thing: FAST and PRAY that your marriage does not enter into temptation!
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by limamintruth: 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
harveyspec:

I kinda of understand you, I'm not an advocate for violence but certain occasions, hiting someone will be justified.

There is a way you flog a child it shows love/correction & in another way it will become child abuse. You don't flog to inflict injuries or cause bodily harm so also you are not to beat up a woman as though you are dealing with another man, neither are you to hit with your might!!!

At the end of the day, it comes down to adopt the model that best rocks your boat. A lady that tells you she NEVER SAW HER DAD HIT THE MUM, will equally tell you when probed further that, SHE NEVER SAW HER MUM EMASCULATE/INSULT/CONDESCEND HER DAD.

for such a lady, she won't condone violence & will rarely do things that will call for a slap excerpt she ends up with a naturally occurring abusive man.

I still stand by this:IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SLAPPED, DON'T EMASCULATE/INSULT/CONDESCEND

Are you inferring that it is ok to slap anyone that insults you, be it your fellow man, or your boss in the office? undecided

And does it mean that a wife whose husband uses
terrible words on(jst like the o.p admitted he did) is also justified to slap the offending spouse as well

1 Like

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by Blanc8(m): 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
Moshino... be warned
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by Blanc8(m): 9:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
tooman:
Wallahi u no balance at all. I would have liked your comment but you have gat enough. nice one bro

Thanks Man...
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by SURElee(f): 10:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
CertifiedFreak:
Dude, she's ur wife. Where the hell is she going to? If the space sef too much, slap her some more.

All these 21st century ladies thinking gender equality is applicable at home. A lady who argues with hubby till he's so not conscious of his acts needs a factory reset slap.

Dude, I hope u've sisters and u'd give this same advice to your brother inlaws to perform on your sisters in future?

1 Like

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by andyanders: 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
cruzita:
u should have steered clear the moment u saw she was in NAGGING MODE that's what men do .but since the deed has been done just buy her an iPhone 6 and a car,take her on a shopping spree and everything will be normal. BUT REMEMBER DONT TRY THAT AGAIN

Did you give the guy money for all those things you mentioned.Talk reasonable as regards to getting material things for her.

It was wrong hitting a woman but since it has been done, he should try to keep assuring her that he surely did wrong and ask for her understanding and forgiveness.

He can get some kind of things within his reach and assure her it will never happen again.
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by Mamatee07: 11:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
We were involved in a heated argument and though I had never seen her react the way she did, all of a sudden I lost my temper and slapped her in the face and used some terrific words against her

Those talking about the wife insulting him, clearly the OP was also verbally abusive which he admitted to. So they both insulted each other but he was the only one to turn it into physically abuse. Since clearly he also has a mouth which he used to insult her he had no justification for hitting her. That is why no one goes to jail for insults but you will go to jail for assault. If a Soldier insults you on the road or your boss will you dare slap him that shows you can control yourself when you know there will be consequences, men who hit their wives do so because they know they are physically stronger and thats why they are cowards and bullies.

@OP, i'am glad you have a wife that has high self esteem and will not allow anyone turn her into a punching bag. It's good you've realized your mistake and that's why it's good she's making you pay for your actions so next time you will think twice. Infact i'am sure if you dare hit her again she'll be out of that house forever. For now just give her space and keep praying and showing her love, hopefully she'll forgive you soon but she'll probably never forget and i am sure if she was the one to slap you , you would not forget either. All those saying don't show her too much love or remorse are clearly used to women who are pushovers and i can see your wife isn't so you better not listen to such.

1 Like

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 31, 2016
Whatever.... All these people telling you to buy your way back to her. Please...... You claim you will never hurt her, yet you hit her. Over what?!?! Some words she said that you couldn't handle?!?!?! She needs to run because if that was all it took for you to raise your hand against her, you will do it again. Seen it too many times. Then you want to come on here and pretend to be sorry. Ha!!!!! You aren't sorry. If you were sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place. That behavior is IN you to do that is why you did it. I feel sorry for her. You won't stop. Next....... And for you women who can take a hit for an iPhone or car, stop being so cheap. Increase your self worth.

1 Like

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by Nobody: 5:04am On Jan 31, 2016
cbrass:

I can tell you why... Cause previously your "stuff" has caused nothing but discord. If she tells youvit sucks, you will get offended. If she asks too many probing questions that you can't answer, you probably get a hot head. So to keep the "peace" she just doesn't say nothing. Now you want her to show genuine concern but you have taught her how to avoid an argument by simplying agreeing with everything you say and patting you on the head like a puppy. Men don't want real, strong help meets these days. They want lap dogs to give them what they want, when they want it, and how they want it...... Including opinions..... Now you got the behavior you want and you don't want it anymore. Lol I just laugh. That woman hates your guts by now trust me. She doesn't see you as the same man. You are probably a tyrant and she just puts up with you. But your nagging and dramatics made her not give a damn. Are you happy now?!?

2 Likes

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 31, 2016
klassic:

The danger in this is that she might take advantage of the entire situation cos she knows you love her so much and also you are afraid to lose her. Be careful cos if this after all he cannot do with me mentality gets into her head, you will be sorry. What you do is apologise and let her know she caused it by doing so, she gets to share from the blame. Also, show her love, but don't over do it. Apply wisdom and give her space. Like space space till she turns around.

How did her words, cause this able bodies man to raise his hand against her? Did she hit him when he was saying words to her? I am sure she wasn't the only one arguing at the time. Learn how to take responsibility.... So next time he starts yelling, can she wrap him on the head with a skillet? Clearly he would have caused it by his fussing..... See how that sound? Craziness all the way

1 Like

Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by harveyspec: 6:46am On Jan 31, 2016
limamintruth:

Are you inferring that it is ok to slap anyone that insults you, be it your fellow man, or your boss in the office? undecided

And does it mean that a wife whose husband uses
terrible words on(jst like the o.p admitted he did) is also justified to slap the offending spouse as well

dealing with your colleagues or siblings is a different ball game when dealing with your spouse!!! There is no basis for comparison

Words from your spouse will hurt you more than words from your colleague. Hence different responses & action

I'm not an advocate for slapping or violence, my point remains, don't provoke an attack & you achieve that when you don't speak out of place.

The holy book says "soft answer turns away wrath"

Kindly rephrase your last question
Re: I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife by domido(m): 8:17am On Jan 31, 2016
Blanc8:

Hahahahahaha!!! Walahi guy u no well. Abeg no kill me with laff ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / This Little, Chubby Girl's Dance Moves Will Put A Smile On Your Face (Photos) / My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.