Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest (63453 Views)

Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" / 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by chronique(m): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2016
So he's actually being victimized? I thought they said it's a routine thing for the priests to be transferred every 6 years? Well,I don't know much about Catholics and I only know about Mbaka courtesy of what I read on NL here.
franciskaine:
even an irrational mind knows he's being victimised. They considered the political conga without considering the religious and heavenly implications on his church members.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by emerged01(m): 11:06am On Jan 31, 2016
Pidggin:
Sorry, but he knew the Church doesn't condone priests affiliating with politicians/political parties as he was doing. Padre, remember your calling and remain non-partisan

What about priest olubunmi okogie? From my own personal view,everybody must involve himself or herself in politics. As a priest,he has done well by saying the truth. In this world of ours,people hate the faithful ones. His crown in heaven await him,his position on earth doesn't matter.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by gbengus17: 11:06am On Jan 31, 2016
GO AND FORM YOUR OWN CHURCH---------THAT IS ALL.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by balladin: 11:07am On Jan 31, 2016
madridguy:
Rev. Mbaka, the one and only pastor in Nigeria.
Story
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:08am On Jan 31, 2016
yanabasee:

You didn't get me... He's now serving under another priest...not under a Bishop!

He's officially demoted.... Priest who serve under other priest are seminarian graduates.. Or newly ordained priests....

Are you even a catholic?
I was born a catholic and i will die a catholic.
Understand, Most parishes have 2 priests, the chaplain and his assistant. The chaplain handles almost all the activities of the church, the other priest is there to assist, adn from what i have noticed, its holy ghost priests that are normally made assistant priests because they are the ones who travel a lot for ministerial work.
Mbaka is a holy ghost priest. He was made an assistant priest so he will have time to handle his adoration ministries and the burden of managing the church and mass will be reduced.

Hope you understand now smiley smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by hamzeiy: 11:08am On Jan 31, 2016
livhorgng:
There are issues I hate to talk about BUT not when one who called him self a prist or man of God said he is going to suffer and what else do you say hence he has accepted to suffer, let him suffer. Mark me Mbaka will resign soon, he has failed and the power of God if any has left him. The charms he got from okija jas failed him, even the politics he wants to join will fail him. Just a matter of time we all we see what I just said.
all this because he said gej will loose an election abi...
but when CAN president the criminal oritsejafor or wateva his name is did that wasnt part of politics abi..your type should keep deceiving them selves ..it wasnt an issue then
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Nicepoker(m): 11:10am On Jan 31, 2016
madridguy:
mbaka pastor?
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2016
Atlantian:
That mad mbaka has finally been tamed. Let him go and die in the forest.

May God have mercy on you.Dont ever attack a priest.Just keep your opinion of madness to yourself.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Soteriahascome: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2016
godwin120alex:
He knows d rule of d Catholic church and should be careful on how he talks cos he has been mis yarning even during d time of Nnamani. It could even get to a point where he will be posted to a Seminary school to teach and he will not have a parish there. Is left to him to leave d Catholic faith and in less than four years u will not hear about him again. Some priests have tried it in d past and d divine powers left them.

Hear yourself! Power now belongs to the church that ordained you right Iti akwu.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by abimic(m): 11:12am On Jan 31, 2016
I'm not a Catholic and before 2014, I never knew the doctrines of the catholics. Fortunately for me during my service year, I served in a missionary school, then I tend to inquire more about catholics and I met the bishop of nnewi diocese when he came to the Parish my school was and met our Rev. Fr. In Lilu. I doubt there's any Rev. Fr. more committed and well known than mbaka. All Fathers in Nigeria know him. Wasn't he supposed to have being transferred when he stayed 6 yrs as stipulated, why wait till when he even used his personal money from musical sales and others to grow the church, yet he was shortchanged for critiquing. He didn't amass wealth for personal interest, else, he wouldn't have agreed so easily! It takes only a petty mind to think this wasn't political. There's politics everywhere but what the bishop didn't know his, even far away anambra where I served, people were trooping to adoration ground in Enugu, so anywhere u put mbaka, even in a hole, he would always shine and outshine others, some people are just like that. His travails are only for a while! He would grow the new church soon to becoming than he met it!

4 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:12am On Jan 31, 2016
yanabasee:

You didn't get me... He's now serving under another priest...not under a Bishop!

He's officially demoted.... Priest who serve under other priest are seminarian graduates.. Or newly ordained priests....

Are you even a catholic?
Understand, Most parishes have 2 priests, the chaplain and his assistant. The chaplain handles almost all the activities of the church, the other priest is there to assist, and from what i have noticed, its holy ghost priests that are normally made assistant priests because they are the ones who travel a lot for ministerial work. Or seminarians or new priests because they'll learn from the chaplain.
Mbaka is a holy ghost priest. He was made an assistant priest so he will have time to handle his adoration ministries and the burden of managing the church and mass will be reduced. As for the one room stuff, maybe that was just what his new parish could afford. I'm sure it'll just be a matter of time before his followers will rebuild the parish house.

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by cdaboss: 11:13am On Jan 31, 2016
Only God knows the truth... Don't follow priests, follow God.... Sad that politics has crept into into the church, a man of God that has properties fitting into 30 trucks still talks about suffering coz he wants someone else to look bad, how much property did prophet Elijah, Peter, apostle Paul, Samuel and other servants of God have throughout d time dey rendered their unwavering service to the lord.. But that's none of my business... It's only God that will judge us all
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by RELEASEUS: 11:13am On Jan 31, 2016
dammytosh:
I love that man.

When other Pastors werr busy decieving Jonathan and collecting his money.

He told him the truth.
When will you guys ever leave Jonathan alone sef? Na wa o.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 31, 2016
chronique:
So he's actually being victimized? I thought they said it's a routine thing for the priests to be transferred every 6 years? Well,I don't know much about Catholics and I only know about Mbaka courtesy of what I read on NL here.
yes, it's a routine thing but Mbaka has remained in this church for nearly 20yrs or so. And special preference has been given to him as regards his ministry. The question is why now if not politically motivated?
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by ojsmscom(m): 11:15am On Jan 31, 2016
MY FIRST TIME OF MAKING FRONT PAGE AFTER SOME YEARS IN NAIRALAND. I DEDICATE THIS TO HARDWORKING AND PERSEVERANCE.

GOD WILL DEFINITELY SEE MBAKA THROUGH IN HIS ENDEAVOUR....
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by davemike1(m): 11:15am On Jan 31, 2016
sen8or:
He may change faith soon.
True! I fear dat soon ... Buh the Lord is his strenght......
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by RELEASEUS: 11:15am On Jan 31, 2016
PerfectlyPerfect:

Understand, Most parishes have 2 priests, the chaplain and his assistant. The chaplain handles almost all the activities of the church, the other priest is there to assist, and from what i have noticed, its holy ghost priests that are normally made assistant priests because they are the ones who travel a lot for ministerial work. Or seminarians or new priests because they'll learn from the chaplain.
Mbaka is a holy ghost priest. He was made an assistant priest so he will have time to handle his adoration ministries and the burden of managing the church and mass will be reduced. As for the one room stuff, maybe that was just what his new parish could afford. I'm sure it'll just be a matter of time before his followers will rebuild the parish house.

See consolation. It's nice. I like this from the back.-
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by icybeth(m): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2016
that's good. I love this. this politician-priest has forgotten that Jesus Christ suffer while on earth but he (mbaka) wants to enjoy. where you are going, you will learn your lesson and face the reality of your calling.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by JonazG: 11:16am On Jan 31, 2016
IGBOS HAVE BEEN SUFFERING IN NIGERIA... MBAKA DID NOT SAY ANYTHING.. BUT WAS QUICK TO ALIGN WITH A MAN WHOSE UTTERANCE HAV KILLED MANY OF OUR BROTHERS...AND USING HIS PROPHECISIES TO CAUSE PANIC IN THE SOUTH EAST... THOUGH I DO NOT SUPPORT HIS TRANSFER.. VISITING BUHARI AND PREDICTING THY WANT TO KILL HIM... IS ALARMING...FOR A PRIEST THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN NEUTRAL ON HIS STANDS

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2016
livhorgng:
There are issues I hate to talk about BUT not when one who called him self a prist or man of God said he is going to suffer and what else do you say hence he has accepted to suffer, let him suffer. Mark me Mbaka will resign soon, he has failed and the power of God if any has left him. The charms he got from okija jas failed him, even the politics he wants to join will fail him. Just a matter of time we all we see what I just said.

Can you wager your life for this comment?
If yes, i pray you die quickly and painlessly, instead of the gory, slow and painful death that await you.
If no, do us a favor and stay off the internet till you get sense
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Atlantian: 11:16am On Jan 31, 2016
Cece23:

May God have mercy on you.Dont ever attack a priest.Just keep your opinion of madness to yourself.
Hmmmm...that is what they told you, that you shouldnt attack a priest. No wonder you go to church when you have malaria instead of going to hospital. mad people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Ninilowo(m): 11:17am On Jan 31, 2016
Fela don Talk am nah
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2016
JonazG:
IGBOS HAVE BEEN SUFFERING IN NIGERIA... MBAKA DID NOT SAY ANYTHING.. BUT WAS QUICK TO ALIGN WITH A MAN WHOSE UTTERANCE HAV KILLED MANY OF OUR BROTHERS...AND USING HIS PROPHECISIES TO CAUSE PANIC IN THE SOUTH EAST... THOUGH I DO NOT SUPPORT HIS TRANSFER.. VISITING BUHARI AND PREDICTING THY WANT TO KILL HIM... IS ALARMING...FOR A PRIEST THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN NEUTRAL ON HIS STANDS

Nwanne leave tribalism out of this thread. I am igbo as i presume you are. Any igbo man who is suffering is doing so because he wants to. We have our inborn business acumen working for us

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by mart2k(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2016
madridguy:
mayb u wanted to say d only pastor in d whole south east
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by obayaya(m): 11:19am On Jan 31, 2016
yanabasee:
Politics in catholic churches....

Moving an independent serving reverend father to serve under another priest.... That is not right nao...

He's been officially demoted.

If you know nothing about the faith.. don't spew trash.. He's been Parish priest for 20 years in the same Parish.. It's difficult to see priests spend up to 10 years as parish priest in a parish.

Priest in Residence isn't under the parish priest per say.. He's going to be a permanent priest in the parish.. Parish priests will come and go.. but priest in residence will always be there..

Trust me.. This move is strategic.. aimed at boosting the Catholic faith in Emene axis...

Fr. Mbaka is letting the worldly pleasures he enjoys in GRA distract him from seeing the hand of God in this.

He's a secular priest with vows of chastity and Obedience to the Bishop.. He must not forget his vows

3 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 31, 2016
DailyPost:
Calamity is About to befall catholic Church As a whole , when this happen from the parish priest to the Bishop Every Body will park down to the Village , Mbaka is Not Just a priest , he is more that what everybody knw him as , .... just one crusade in enugu by Mbaka , the money generated is enough to Build 5 parishes in Enugu state.

Bishop of Enugu State , also know that a bishop can be posted to Borno , and the pope is watching what is happening.
if u don;t know ..... 93% of world catholics are in support of Rev, Fr Ejike Mbaka , allow mbaka to build his Ministry and Stadium ,..... even in religion we practice Politics .

The Catholic priest that is Biafra Inec Chairman. i wonder what the bishops said about that. from Nwa ikuku , ama na Onya --- VG

Your prediction of 'calamity' for the catholic church is TOTALLY unfounded and unwarranted from this post, except you have another reason for doing so. What has happened to Mbaka is the church's way of testing the spirit in him to see if it is - or remains - genuine according to biblical instruction (1 John 4:1). Anyone may go ahead to worship Mbaka as God, yet God and the Church always looks far beyond immediate human sentiments. This is one basic difference between the Catholic Church and the rest. Elsewhere, hardly would anyone think of transferring - and even actually 'demoting' - such a pastor. And you can see, Fr Mbaka himself has obeyed - even while manifesting human frailty by saying "I'm going to suffer" and by recounting how much he has done to keep the parish (the genuine spirit of Christ must manifest humility) while you worldly people are taking it as 'calamity'. What happens in the ensuing weeks, months and years with Father Mbaka in his new 'social' status will be one long process of testing the genuineness of the spirit in him. You can see that even the Holy Spirit instructs that.

5 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by chesterlee(m): 11:22am On Jan 31, 2016
DailyPost:
Calamity is About to befall catholic Church As a whole , when this happen from the parish priest to the Bishop Every Body will park down to the Village , Mbaka is Not Just a priest , he is more that what everybody knw him as , .... just one crusade in enugu by Mbaka , the money generated is enough to Build 5 parishes in Enugu state.

Bishop of Enugu State , also know that a bishop can be posted to Borno , and the pope is watching what is happening.
if u don;t know ..... 93% of world catholics are in support of Rev, Fr Ejike Mbaka , allow mbaka to build his Ministry and Stadium ,..... even in religion we practice Politics .

The Catholic priest that is Biafra Inec Chairman. i wonder what the bishops said about that. from Nwa ikuku , ama na Onya --- VG

Balderdash!!!
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by dammytosh: 11:23am On Jan 31, 2016
RELEASEUS:
When will you guys ever leave Jonathan alone sef? Na wa o.
Leave who alone ?

America still ask George Bush questions over Iraq invasion.

Only a Nigeria will say leave someone who invade our children's future through cluelessness and reckless spending.

Dansuki Gate

Oil and Gas gate will be a season movie. People will scream ....
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Ninilowo(m): 11:23am On Jan 31, 2016
Fela, where art thou?
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:23am On Jan 31, 2016
icybeth:
that's good. I love this. this politician-priest has forgotten that Jesus Christ suffer while on earth but he (mbaka) wants to enjoy. where you are going, you will learn your lesson and face the reality of your calling.

Lolz. He'll calm down a bit shaa, but do not forget that he speaks what the holy ghost asks him to speak.
He once said that the mandate he was handed by the holy spirit was to be the mouth-piece of the common man, which he has been doing, don't you agree?
He calls black black and white white unlike most of our so-called men of God.
As for the suffering part, don't forget that he's human. It'll take him time to get used to his living outside his duplex.

meanwhile, visit http://listernaija.com for lists of everything interesting under the sun
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Soteriahascome: 11:24am On Jan 31, 2016
Hypocrites, If there should be anything enjoyment ;then it should be people who serve God and wait upon him continually... Christians are not supposed to suffer any kinda because Christ had suffered our suffering. I don't believe in suffering. If you are a disciple of suffering kudos to you.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by tiwasiaife(m): 11:28am On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=ideatoprince18 post=42483864]
........ ARe u from MALI ...... don't u know d diff btwn a reverend father n a pastor[
/quote]

Brother he's right calling Mbaka a pastor.
Pastor is a Latin Word Pastors meaning The good shepherd. It originated from Catholic church and the usually uses it during the Solemnity of the good shepherd which means the Bonum pastor in Latin word.
Thou the the Chief Bonum pastor is Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

104 Christians Convert To Islam In Delta State. See Photos / Spirit Of Lesbianism Exposed By Prophet TB Joshua / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.