Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest (63452 Views)

Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" / 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by mykel25(m): 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is why Fr Edeh the owner of Madonna university stood as an independent priest....he doesn't want d leadership of the catholic church to separate him for the assets he toiled for
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by missjane: 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
Atlantian:
That mad mbaka has finally been tamed. Let him go and die in the forest.

You may have to wait for eternity before that happens. Fr Mbaka has over 4500 employees in Enugu state, so far the highest employer of labour I know apart from Innoson. He is a very humble person. He can afford to buy a duplex at his new parish if he so desires, but he doesn't take worldly possessions as anything. I may not understand what suffering he is talking about but God the Father that called him is more than able to keep him and see him through.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by just2endowed: 1:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
Justiyke4u:
When this transfer is done to some priest everybody sees it as normal. Now when some others are transfered other people see it as being political. Why I am not actually against anybody or judging anybody (who am I to do that) but the bible says that we should respect and pray for those in authority but then why do we insult them and call them names? Even in the bible when king David sinned against God Nathan was so careful in rebuking the king without insulting him and the king immediately repented. Now why would some prophets insult those in authority and call them names instead of rebuking them from the examples we see in the bible? And yet some followers will be so blind to at least have a logical rethink.

Good point

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by gudmind: 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
DailyPost:
Calamity is About to befall catholic Church As a whole , when this happen from the parish priest to the Bishop Every Body will park down to the Village , Mbaka is Not Just a priest , he is more that what everybody knw him as , .... just one crusade in enugu by Mbaka , the money generated is enough to Build 5 parishes in Enugu state.

Bishop of Enugu State , also know that a bishop can be posted to Borno , and the pope is watching what is happening.
if u don;t know ..... 93% of world catholics are in support of Rev, Fr Ejike Mbaka , allow mbaka to build his Ministry and Stadium ,..... even in religion we practice Politics .

The Catholic priest that is Biafra Inec Chairman. i wonder what the bishops said about that. from Nwa ikuku , ama na Onya --- VG
watch ur tongue ! Always think well before u open ur pit u called mouth... No calamity will befall Catholic Church . As a priest of Holy Catholic church he's obliged to serve anyway assined to him , stop using ur tongue to bring course to urslf if actually it was due to politics u don't hv a din right to judge nd conlude. I'm also "Nwa ikuku" so watch it nd don't say tins cos u hv got mouth Mbaka is a nice man nd a real Man/ prophet of God nd I always believe in what God is using him to do. But he must face the church nd abstain from politics also nd as money is been generate from AMEN, God will still make ways for Mbaka for him to keep blessing souls nd dat new Emene will be developed who knows bigger plans God has for AMEN ... For sure I knw Mbaka won't suffer at all... So stop talking like u worship Mbaka instead of God.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by armadeo(m): 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
youngdude1:
From my own point of view; i think This will boost the economic activities in Emene considering the fact that Fr Mbaka presence alone commands population from all over Enugu..the buses plying emene will increase in numbers soon

I love this your comment. You identified a situation and immediately saw were to invest and make some dough.

May God grant you the wisdom and opportunity you deserve.

Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Pidggin:
Sorry, but he knew the Church doesn't condone priests affiliating with politicians/political parties as he was doing. Padre, remember your calling and remain non-partisan
wen mama peace visited him and he prayed and blessed her, condemning the norther politicians and those against GEJ he was not a politician then. But when few weeks later after the holy ghost scolded him as he claimed and spoke wat God wanted him to, he suddenly turned politician that deserved to be demoted. I will rather keep quiet and observe, than running my mouth against someone that claim he is under the authority of the holy spirit.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Atlantian:
That mad mbaka has finally been tamed. Let him go and die in the forest.
For real?
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by ideatoprince18(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
charlsecy:
A reverend father is a pastor... It seems you don't know the meaning of the word pastor. I remember our parish priest back then would sometimes mention "pastor" when referring to himself or other "men of GOD."
..... sorry av u Eva seen d media call a priest a pastor ..... a rev father does not marry while a pastor marries .... DT alone is a one million dollar diff
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by SwtLynZy(f): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
grin
ideatoprince18:

........ ARe u from MALI ...... don't u know d diff btwn a reverend father n a pastor
lmao
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
He is genuine alright but he is not the only one. There are many that are apolitical

madridguy:
Rev. Mbaka, the one and only pastor in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by mrtheo33: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
youngdude1:
From my own point of view; i think This will boost the economic activities in Emene considering the fact that Fr Mbaka presence alone commands population from all over Enugu..the buses plying emene will increase in numbers soon
Where is adoration ministries? If u dnt knw, it is @ emene. So he is nt new @ emene
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Originalsly: 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Why should a man of God be complaining of suffering because he is going to a smaller apartment? If he were a deciple during the time of Christ he would be going nowhere unless on a donkey...let alone suffering and sacrificing his life like Christ did. But.. he is a Catholic...not a Christian....he would be returned soon when parishioners stop flocking the church and more importantly....when the offerings just don't add up.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by teekay213(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=livhorgng post=42486677]There are issues I hate to talk about BUT not when one who called him self a prist or man of God said he is going to suffer and what else do you say hence he has accepted to suffer, let him suffer. Mark me Mbaka will resign soon, he has failed and the power of God if any has left him. The charms he got from okija jas failed him, even the politics he wants to join will fail him. Just a matter of time we all we see what I just said.??
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by mechanics(m): 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
A humble man of God, if it were some pastors they wont leave, wateva men will do, surely d word of God stil stand, i knw his transfer will be a blessing in disguise.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by teekay213(m): 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
. .
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by mrtheo33: 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
That is a blackmail. D catholic i know even if they worship out side must build a comfortable apartment(s) 4 their priest(s). Beside a place he has pastord 4 20yrs, i think it is tym 2 go.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by homesteady(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
PerfectlyPerfect:

@ bolded, no priest is independent. They are all under a bishop who serves under the cardinals who serve under the pope. There's a hierarchy in the roman catholic church.

And he has not been demoted, there's no demotion in the catholic church, you can only me promoted to a monsignor and from there upward.
obviously you ain't a catholic so stop saying things when you ain't sure. You can always ask questions, don't let people confuse you.
Thanks

He has not been demoted? like seriously? Can't you people just say the truth?
How would they transfer a priest who has more than 20 years experience to another parish as an assistant priest? an assistant priest ohh !
Is it not mostly newly ordained priests that serve as assistant priest?

Some of Mbakas mates would be preparing to be Bishops now and you are saying it is not demotion?
It would be better if you said it was done to test his Faith!

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Romzy26: 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
iamayodeji:
Sorry your lordship
lordship? Wow!
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Vaxt(m): 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
Na him mouth de do am, keep on talking wetin no de bible.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by otiigba1(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
So what?, some average nigerians do not have a room to move into, co's they are homeless

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
homesteady:

He has not been demoted? like seriously? Can't you people just say the truth?
How would they transfer a priest who has more than 20 years experience to another parish as an assistant priest? an assistant priest ohh !
Is it not mostly newly ordained priests that serve as assistant priest?

Some of Mbakas mates would be preparing to be Bishops now and you are saying it is not demotion?
It would be better if you said it was done to test his Faith!

Hey!!! Stop saying wat u don't knw.... Tho. it luks like d bishop want to punish him for some reason(s) best known to him..... But changing of priests is routine ...... Just dat Enugu Catholic diocese dae spare him since he was ordained in 1995

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by damilareoye: 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
This man must truly be a man of God.

so many pastors these days rather than obeying the higher authority will rather opt out to form their own ministry....

hummmmmm.. lesson learnt.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by hamzeiy: 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mister2:

You are mad for calling the CAN president a criminal. Has he ever stolen from you and your miserable family? With the anti-corruption war going on, have you heard his name being mentioned? Or you think Dullard Buhari wouldn't have instructed the EFCC to carry out thorough checks on him in a bid to pin him down because of his firm stand on the marginalisation and killing of Christians in the North?
Once again, you are mad man for using such words on the revered CAN president!
see mugu..anyway as i said earlier they guy isnt jus a criminal but a mad one..before we deviate from the point how has he been different or better than the case of father mbaka ?
if not for the stupidity of the CAN president *if e pain you go hug tx*
how can a supposed religous leader who has forsaken his leadership duties , romance with known corrupt politicians on the eve of a general election.possibly he was expecting another jet from gej from the public treasury..
on the issue of efcc mentioning his name..its to early to hang your self over it.and we dont expect mr president to arrest the CAN thief even if he is found wanting..considering how irrational we can be when it comes to religion in this country.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by bayinq25(m): 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
dammytosh:
I love that man.

When other Pastors were busy decieving Jonathan and collecting his money.

He told him the truth.
spot on jhor!..what they love is pastors who'll tell them that they'll work in shell without a certificate...

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by homesteady(m): 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
Tinydick:

Hey!!! Stop saying wat u don't knw.... Tho. it luks like d bishop want to punish him for some reason(s) best known to him..... But changing of priests is routine ...... Just dat Enugu Catholic diocese dae spare him since he was ordained in 1995

I did not say transfer of Priests isn't normal, I said transferring a Priest with more than 20 years experience to be an assistant priest is not normal.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by charlsecy(m): 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
ideatoprince18:
..... sorry av u Eva seen d media call a priest a pastor ..... a rev father does not marry while a pastor marries ....
Is it the media that give meaning to words? Irrespective of the wording in the media, a pastor is a minister or a priest in a Christian church, including the Catholic church. That the word pastor is often used in relation to ministers in non-Catholic Christian churches doesn't mean that Catholic ministers are not rightly also called pastors.

The word pastor is widely used in Catholic Encyclopedia to refer to reverend fathers. I have also seen a Catholic priest mention pastor in reference to reverend fathers in his homily.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by SalC: 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
franciskaine:
even an irrational mind knows he's being victimised. They considered the political conga without considering the religious and heavenly implications on his church members.
What do you mean? So he shouldn't be transferred, or is it the one room that is the problem?

Have you seen any residential priest anywhere who is living in a duplex or even more than one room?

And this topic is misleading, he was not made an assistant priest but a residential priest, they are two different things altogether.

As a residential priest, he is not to be "tossed around" by the parish priest as would've been the case if he was made an assistant priest.

He will even have more time for his ministry work as he has no much to do in the parish safe he wishes to help the parish priest.

His priestly faculty wasn't taken from him so he can still do everything as a priest, he can now move around the country or even outside at will for programmes because no parish work will tie him down.

This is something the bishop should have done long ago. For me Mbaka is better off this way. Even when he was in CKC he doesn't even take the offering money as he was supposed to, he always dash it to the church so he never depended on parish money for a living, gifts and his earnings from his cassettes and investments is what he uses. And these things are still his till date, no one stopped him from getting those money.

So this victimisation mantra doesn't add up. It's true it will take some time for him to settle down here, but every priest at one time or he other had to go on transfer. Even him, this is not his first transfer, he wasn't immediately posted to CKC upon ordination. He came there on transfer. He has been there for 20 years because his adoration ground used to be there, but now that his adoration ground has been moved, he can go on transfer so long as its not far from his adoration ground.

Mbaka is a strong man and can handle it. I don't know why people are out here making a big deal out of this. Even bishops can be transferred.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by SalC: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
homesteady:

I did not say transfer of Priests isn't normal, I said transferring a Priest with more than 20 years experience to be an assistant priest is not normal.
Was he made an assistant priest or a residential priest? The title of this thread is misleading. It says 'assistant priest" while the main post says residential priest, they are two different things.
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by echarlz(m): 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
hilsocial:
Serious hold up will be experienced in Emene. Y Our Lady church with no space? Y not St Joseph or Emmanuel Parish? If Fr Mbaka anchores one Sunday mass, the next Sunday will be hit back to back there that they will occupy the roads. For those shouting he shd open his church, the discipline, obedience and hierarchy in Catholic church is even more stringent than that in the Military. Fr. Mbaka has done what he should do based on his vows, his future is surely greater than his past. Above all, priesthood is not all about been in town, some since ordination hv been in the villages suffering but the kind of followership Fr. Mbaka has can turn a rural area into an urban area.

Meaning he had overstayed at the GRA parish...20 years! He probably has been enjoying some preferential treatment from the diocese. A crowd puller like Fr Mbaka shouldn't be allowed to stay at a station for that long. He must have felt untouchable. I'm sure he would've had prior warnings by the church. His transfer is obviously punitive. He knew the position of the church concerning these issues. Catholic priests don't engage in those activities without recourse to the church...those public statements, the Aso rock visit etc should have been with the permission of the bishop. The church has its own way of dealing with erring priests. I agree with him that the end will be better for him, so will it be for the church and the faithful.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by Mister2: 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
hamzeiy:
see mugu..anyway as i said earlier they guy isnt jus a criminal but a mad one..before we deviate from the point how has he been different or better than the case of father mbaka ?
if not for the stupidity of the CAN president *if e pain you go hug tx*
how can a supposed religous leader who has forsaken his leadership duties , romance with known corrupt politicians on the eve of a general election.possibly he was expecting another jet from gej from the public treasury..
on the issue of efcc mentioning his name..its to early to hang your self over it.and we dont expect mr president to arrest the CAN thief even if he is found wanting..considering how irrational we can be when it comes to religion in this country.

Can you substantiate all the infantile bile you just spewed about the revered CAN president, or you submissions are based on bear parlour and lowlife gossips?

Can you tell me how he abandoned his leadership duties? Amongst other responsibilities, a vital role of the CAN president is to ensure that Christians are safe in every part of the country; you and northern Muslims hate him cos he stands for the truth!
Re: Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest by rasco2000me: 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
GOD PLS GIVE HIM SOILACE AND SOCUR BE WITH HIM ,U HV POWER TO CHANGE HIS SUFERNESS TO JOY, PLS DO IT FOR HIM,THE MERCY OF GOD SHALL FOLLOW U ALL THE DAY OF UR LIFE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat? / 104 Christians Convert To Islam In Delta State. See Photos / Spirit Of Lesbianism Exposed By Prophet TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.