Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried (33196 Views)

Governor Wike Vs Governor Ambode - See Gobe (photos) / Rivers: Updates At The Supreme Court Wike Vs Dakuku / Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by vayne(m): 11:59am On Jan 31, 2016
bloodkiIler:

lol it's DOA

now pdp is in control of SE/SS their mission is to destabilize apc influence in the north they should capitalize of the cluelessness and incompetence of this useless bullharry led administration grin

ngeneukwenu and omenka can cry me a lagoon
They can cry an ocean if they like.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
MAROC:
I think INEC really failed with the card readers. Those card readers were so faulty!

If INEC had introduced accreditation with superior technology, Then the use of Card readers OR MANUAL will then be abolished cos the Card readers will be flawlessly functional.

But the manual accreditation still allowed by INEC is the weak link there not the supreme court.

So Mahmood should work on introducing better technology and integrate ONLY that as a means of accreditation/ Verification thereby ending/Replacing the conventional method!

Whatever the fault it had, at least it reduced to an extent the electoral malfeasance in the last election.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by bloodkiIler: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:

But at least you agreed, the Use of Card readers are now in the past! The field is wide opened now!
[/s]

Nonsense
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Whatever the fault it had, at least it reduced to an extent the electoral malfeasance in the last election.
Yes to an extent!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by bloodkiIler: 12:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
I smell frustration on ngeneukwenu cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by vayne(m): 12:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
The APC are being careful not to make too much noise as usual before this Akwa ibom election....still recovering I guess grin
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Abagworo(m): 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
asha80:
the supreme court judgement is the only hope okezie ikpeazu pdp in abia have in getting back the abia seat..if supreme court maintained that election in rivers be cancelled then have it that okezie ikpeazu's election nullification would have been upheld by supreme court

Going by Rivers supreme court ruling, Ikpeazu has won. However my support for Ikpeazu is sentimental and not based on actual outcome of elections.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by BloodyK11ler: 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
bloodkiIler:
I smell frustration on ngeneukwenu cheesy
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by BloodyK11ler: 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
Am looking for my brother
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by bloodkiIler: 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=BloodyK11ler post=42488733][/quote]
Hehehehehehe grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by BloodyK11ler: 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
bloodkiIler:

Hehehehehehe grin

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by bloodkiIler: 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
BloodyK11ler:

tongue tongue tongue

ngeneukwenu the ngeneukwenu grin
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by BloodyK11ler: 12:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
my brother in onitsha is missing
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by bloodkiIler: 12:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=BloodyK11ler post=42488823][/quote]

shatap and get out
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by BloodyK11ler: 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
bloodkiIler:

shatap and get out

I pain am well well

tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by bloodkiIler: 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
grin

ngeneukwenu why are you trolling cheesy

i dey pain you?
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by vayne(m): 12:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by vayne(m): 12:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
bloodkiIler:
grin

ngeneukwenu why are you trolling cheesy

i dey pain you?
So that shameless guy is impersonating you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by tempest01(m): 12:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Then the people that can ammend the electoral act should amend it with a clause to cater for the admissibilityof card reader.

It might sound right to hear, but if the laws of the land doesn't favour it, no way.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by NapoIeon: 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
Napoleon was here
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
Johnrake69:
@ngeneukwenu. The above write up is really faulty. Infact, Inec should even be tried for using a General Election to experiment on a new procedure. I was a presiding officer and I can tell you that we would have had a huge crises on our hands if the manual accreditation was not adopted mid-way the election. How do you explain to Emeka, Musa or Ayodele that he can't participate in the election because the card reader couldn't capture his thump print, when his name is in the voter's register and he is armed with his PVC. Thank God for the Supreme Court. If you really cared to understand the stand point of the Supreme Court. The issue of the card reader was simply that of electoral guideline. And that posed the question of whether electoral guideline was more important than an electoral act.

Ok! That has been settled by the Supreme Court, going forward, INEC is not expected to use any Card Reader..

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by vanbonattel: 12:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Abagworo:
What it simply means is that ballot snatching is not even needed. The returning officers will simply quote imaginary results and the court will support the outcome. Unknown to PDP supporters It is to the advantage of APC.

And after that? The people will shut down everything connected to oil and gas industry and the army will shoot thousands which will cause a heavy problem and snowball into another war. Just buy more guns.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by CyberWolf: 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
See this shameless criminals vomiting thrash here... It's chronic hypocrisy after using the same technique to win Lagos and Imo at the SC but turn around to wail when the same technique is applied in Rivers.. Bunch of shameless criminals angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Johnrake69: 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Ok! That has been settled by the Supreme Court, going forward, INEC is not expected to use any Card Reader..

Well... Going forward a lot is expected from INEC. The Card reader should be improved on. And then, they should lobby for its inclusion in the electoral act.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by alexlee50: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
The supreme Court as the final arbiter, has brought to an end, a legal tussle between Nyesom Wike and Peterside Dakuku on the validity or otherwise of the election conducted in April in Rivers State by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

While I am saddened by the judgment that emanated from the Supreme Court, in which, in their "well considered" opinion, set aside the decision of the Election Tribunal and that of Appeal court on the subject matter, but affirmed The election that brought Nyesom Wike into power, as a legitimate and proper one. Though this seems in variance with public outcry both within and outside the country that followed the election, that had been described by many, as the most murderous, Violence- filled, and rigged election ever conducted anywhere in the Country. I am more worried for the fate of the opposition in the elections that are going to be held from now on.

Should The Opposition Be Worried?
I don't think many people especially of the PDP, have realized the implication of the said judgment in the "life" of free and fair election in the Country, from now on.
It would be recalled that INEC, worried by the cases of incessant ballot snatching, tampering of voters register, snatching of result sheets and other electoral vices, genuinely came up with a masterstroke...a technology called Card Reader Machines, which sole aim was, to instill fear in the would be election riggers and also to render their "efforts" meaningless to an extent.

Consequently, to the Crédit of The Card Readers, a certain President Buhari Of the then opposition party (APC) Won an election, Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo(PDP) Won election in APC filled State, Rochas Okorocha Won an election in a PDP Filled State Of Imo etc.

The implication of the Judgment:
Recall, the major ground of Nyesom Wike's Appeal, was on the non admissibility of the Card reader as a part of the election guidelines as enshrined in the Electoral Act and the 1999 constitution as amended, which the Supreme court in their opinion agreed with Wike and discarded the Use Card Readers as a part of election process.

Now what has the Apex Court done? It has returned INEC to the era of Manual accreditation and validation of voters card. It has returned everybody to the era of the "highest rigger takes all". It has energized ballot snatches. In fact it has removed every normalcy in the conduct of subsequent elections.. Yes that is what the Supreme Court has done..

So when next you hear of a political Party boasting of winning all the contested seats, it is not a fluke, it is achievable. And if you are contemplating of going to court, anyway I wish you "Supreme Court" luck..

~Miss Ngene.

lalasticlala

was card reader used in the north? What about the election in kano, katsina, jigawa and other states? Where they not characterised with under aged voting, intimidation, manual accredition of voters? I guess you will not see this.and who told you the whole world condemned the rivers election? Let me educate you about rigging, you rig succeefully where you have a strong base.you don't rig outside your base.this is why in the north, it was one way for APC.in the case of rivers, it is a PDP strong hold, let the election be conducted 50 times, PDP will win.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mandatory Use Of Identity Numbers Begins In January 2019 – FG / Security Operatives & IPOB Clash In Anambra, Two Dead / Godwin Emefiele And John Omoile, His Brother-In-Law In Legal Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.