Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts (32411 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Few In The Roman Catholic And Also Few Yoruba Revd Fathers? / Original Sin: The Conflict Between Catholic And Pentecostal. / BulletinvsBible:a Whatsapp Conversation Between A Catholic And A Non-catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by oostin: 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
I'm sincerely trying to understand what this guy is saying.

There is no comparison between Fr. Mbaka and Reverend Father Adasu because Fr. Mbaka never ran for public office.

What has Fr. Mbaka done that Cardinal Okojie, Cardinal Onaiyekan and Bishop Matthew Kukah have not done. They have all made political pronouncements at one time or the other in their respective fights for the cause of the masses.

Why haven't those senior members of the Catholic Church been demoted. We are not kids, Fr. Mbaka was demoted because he was becoming more popular than the Church. A lot of us even wondered if he was still a Catholic priest!

He broke one cardinal principle of any organization and that is that you cannot become more popular than the organization.

The Catholic Church did what any sensible organization should do by demoting Fr. Mbaka but please no one should insult our intelligence by telling us that it was because of politics.
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by jehoshua55(m): 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
A Piece of Udara is very costly and you people are busy talking about Father Mbaka mtchw. Pls, can we talk of more Serious National issues here Like= the fact that fish no dey dey for sadin again, And the fact that Coke no dey full bottle again..
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
Steffy2015:
taar shut up jooor
angry

Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by Kcinho(m): 4:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adaezeagu:
yes oooo
lol
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by greggng: 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
impossible27:

A muslim can never say. it only in Christian that som1 will sprew rubbish lyk dis.

who is beggin u 2 attend. Are u attending church for a prist or for God

wonders shall neva end

pls dont compare me with anybody. i am uniquely made so am entitled to my opinion and i stand by it
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by bewla(m): 6:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
you no dey read? read again and you'll see he spoke about the Reverend that governed Benue.... he was derived and never performed any pastoral duties ever again till date.
thank u i need some one to read for me
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by Ubenedictus(m): 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
timunstopable:
Even the Catholic Church /bishop that demoted him are partisan

Why didnt they demote him when he was campaigning for jonathan nd openly endorsing him even mama peace was a frequent visitor to him

it for makes sense then

So as he change camp to Apc they remembered the laws of catholic church

having said that the church should remain apolitical
he wasnt demoted he was transfered.
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by impossible27(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
greggng:

pls dont compare me with anybody. i am uniquely made so am entitled to my opinion and i stand by it
may God fogive u
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by impossible27(m): 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Because I know. I am a Catholic who chose to be enlightened.

Most of you were born into different denominations and refuse to learn beyond the propaganda you were fed. You didn't choose Catholicism. Your parents shoved it down your throat.
/
Point of correction, my parent nd siblings are aglicans i am d only 1 of d family attending catholic. they did not push me nd they are not complaining because all churches are d same

U that is a catolic be4 tell us wat u know nd stop sprewing rubbish
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
bewla:
thank u i need some one to read for me
Hahahah... bro nawao for you o.... na so the post long reach? me sef no read all... I just browse through then read the ones wey catch my eye... try read am sha....
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by InvertedHammer: 12:41am On Feb 02, 2016
impossible27:

Point of correction, my parent nd siblings are aglicans i am d only 1 of d family attending catholic. they did not push me nd they are not complaining because all churches are d same

U that is a catolic be4 tell us wat u know nd stop sprewing rubbish
/
Education is never for free.

I refuse to tell you. Educate yourself.

\
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by mikolo80: 4:22am On Feb 02, 2016
Adaezeagu:
Father mbaka is not complaining oooo. Free the man joor. Abum nwa ekuku
gbam
Re: Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts by Engrr(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
obailala:
Much ado about nothing!

First of all, catholic priests are transferred around every now and then except the bishop or the church authorities from above think otherwise. SO there's no big deal if Mbaka is transferred.

Secondly, what's all these sentimental talk about Mbaka joining politics?? Did he pick up the membership form of a political party or did he declare interest for any political position?? How does an open support for a particular candidate translate to 'joining politics'?? I understand as a religious leader with many followers, pastors should refrain from voicing their support for any particular candidate in public however, I do not still see how doing otherwise (just like numerous other big pastors across Nigeria did) translates to 'joining politics.'
A senior priest like Fr. Mbaka who have been a parish priest for over 20 yrs shouldn't have been made an assistant parish priest, Considering also his level and the level of his ministry in Enugu Diocese. Any catholic who understands catholicsm very well should know the difference between d two

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet / Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.