Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Vital Key To Help You Keep That Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vital Key To Help You Keep That Job (539 Views)

Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents / Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job / Just Before You Take That Job, See This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vital Key To Help You Keep That Job by jahstech: 10:06am On Feb 01, 2016
YOUR ATTITUDE and YOUR JOB
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders, Here are some helpful JOB KEEPING tips!
Often times i hear people complain about their jobs, I hear statements like:

I never do anything right in the eyes of my boss
I can't go on with this job the problems are too much
This is not my dream job so there is no way it is going to make me happy, i have to quit

A CHANGE of ATTITUDE might be what you need.
Your ATTITUDE is the one thing you have full control over unlike your CIRCUMSTANCES or GENE in life, you can not change your circumstances so no need fantasizing that things would be this way or that way if i had this or that in life.
When you maintain a joyful or happy outlook all the time, it overlaps into every aspect of your life.
Some people may ask:
Why hide my hardships on the JOB behind a mask of optimism?
Will my thinking positively change my situation in any way?
Why should I continue dreaming of something good when right in front of me is the harsh reality?

But put yourself in the shoes of your employer for a minute and consider the example below:
At their place of employment, Alex and Brian each work hard on separate projects. After analyzing their work, the supervisor points out key errors in each project, here is their replies:
ALEX: I put so much time and effort and I still didn't get it right! I will never succeed at this job. No matter how hard i work, it's never good enough.
BRIAN: My boss highlighted aspects of my work that he liked, but i made a few fundamental mistakes. I have learned some valuable lessons that will help me do better next time.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Six months from now, which one will be a more capable employee?
If you are the owner of the company, which of these two men would you likely keep on your payroll?

So when you face disappointment, never let the negatives of the situation weigh you down, think of positives that you might be forgetting.

Some time ago i was suspended for 1 week by my boss, it was a really terrible week, I came to realize my ATTITUDE was affecting my JOB, in my eyes i never did anything that pleased my boss, but on careful examination i realized i was actually doing the task assigned to me, but doing them in my own way, IGNORING ORDERS!! I felt the whole world was against me, one quarry came after another.
The solution:
I took my pad and listed the POSITIVES i got from the JOB
I also decided to write out the NEGATIVES
The result was that i got up to 10 POSITIVES and i couldn't write out 1 major NEGATIVE aspect of my JOB!!

BOTTOM-LINE: Your attitude can greatly affect your personality, so when on the JOB and you feel discouraged, reflect on the many reasons you have to be happy.

1 Like

Re: Vital Key To Help You Keep That Job by joenor(m): 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
Jah when you write this and I nor know, you are right though but one just have to be focus in anything he or she find doing, and know the best time to put things right.

After quitting the job, I really don't find things too good, I really wish things get better
jahstech:
YOUR ATTITUDE and YOUR JOB
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders, Here are some helpful JOB KEEPING tips!
Often times i hear people complain about their jobs, I hear statements like:

I never do anything right in the eyes of my boss
I can't go on with this job the problems are too much
This is not my dream job so there is no way it is going to make me happy, i have to quit

A CHANGE of ATTITUDE might be what you need.
Your ATTITUDE is the one thing you have full control over unlike your CIRCUMSTANCES or GENE in life, you can not change your circumstances so no need fantasizing that things would be this way or that way if i had this or that in life.
When you maintain a joyful or happy outlook all the time, it overlaps into every aspect of your life.
Some people may ask:
Why hide my hardships on the JOB behind a mask of optimism?
Will my thinking positively change my situation in any way?
Why should I continue dreaming of something good when right in front of me is the harsh reality?

But put yourself in the shoes of your employer for a minute and consider the example below:
At their place of employment, Alex and Brian each work hard on separate projects. After analyzing their work, the supervisor points out key errors in each project, here is their replies:
ALEX: I put so much time and effort and I still didn't get it right! I will never succeed at this job. No matter how hard i work, it's never good enough.
BRIAN: My boss highlighted aspects of my work that he liked, but i made a few fundamental mistakes. I have learned some valuable lessons that will help me do better next time.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Six months from now, which one will be a more capable employee?
If you are the owner of the company, which of these two men would you likely keep on your payroll?

So when you face disappointment, never let the negatives of the situation weigh you down, think of positives that you might be forgetting.

Some time ago i was suspended for 1 week by my boss, it was a really terrible week, I came to realize my ATTITUDE was affecting my JOB, in my eyes i never did anything that pleased my boss, but on careful examination i realized i was actually doing the task assigned to me, but doing them in my own way, IGNORING ORDERS!! I felt the whole world was against me, one quarry came after another.
The solution:
I took my pad and listed the POSITIVES i got from the JOB
I also decided to write out the NEGATIVES
The result was that i got up to 10 POSITIVES and i couldn't write out 1 major NEGATIVE aspect of my JOB!!

BOTTOM-LINE: Your attitude can greatly affect your personality, so when on the JOB and you feel discouraged, reflect on the many reasons you have to be happy.

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Of Failure / "I Shouldn't Be Here If Nigeria Was Not Messed Up" / Security Man Needed At Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.