Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition (31957 Views)

Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=Tugbus post=42544130]

Ogbe amu...ono na ndo afu onwa! You lots are part of [s]the problem with this country.You went with GEJ to the arms market and priced the weapons with him to know that he overpriced them.

I'm sure you do not even know the price of a catapult in your village market.Yet you are here talking and collaborating rubbish.[[/s]/quote]

The SEI contracts included procurement of two used Mi-24V Helicopters instead of the recommended Mi-35M series at the cost of One Hundred and Thirty Six Million, Nine Hundred and Forty Four Thousand US Dollars ($136,944,000.00).
“However, it was confirmed that the helicopters were excessively priced and not operationally air worthy at the time of delivery. A brand new unit of such helicopters goes for about Thirty Million US Dollars ($30m).
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by pdpchangeapc(m): 10:08am On Feb 02, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
If Lie never blame Jonathan,his mind no dey rest! The substandard weapons should be tested on Lie,for us to confirm if he is saying the truth!

This man you wicked o, you wan kill lai, make lie commot for Nigeria. But i hear say the man get 'Ayeta' to sure.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 02, 2016
ibitzbarlow:

I would have agreed with your assertions here but for hindsight. Do you remember that no country (not even the US) was willing to sell us weapons? These weapons were gotten from the black market at a time acquiring them was a must for the country. You get anything from a black market - from good to bad. Besides, in such situations, where one is desperate for a product, he or she has little or no control over the price since the advantage rests squarely with the seller.

Not a congent reason for dubious deals.
Why would he wait till election period before procuring weapons.
While PDP saw BH as an APC agenda to run GEJ govt down, the Dasukis and Amosu were busy making cash.
Blood money
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=kenonze post=42545516][/quote]

Thats just 1 of several. My friend who was just recently drafted from the NE fight to the creeks of the ND has told me everything. The mutiny was for a reason, our colossal loss of territory to BH was as a result of demoralisation based on inadequate and substandard weaponry. Imagine your weapon jamming on you in the face of the enemy why you wouldnt run for your life.
Buharis government has been suffering the spill out effect of Jonathans ineptitude and it will indeed take time to do a total overhaul.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 02, 2016
kenonze:

My anger with GEJ is that he overpriced the obsolete items he bought. Had it been they were bought at right price, I will be asking Lai Mohammed which one have ur government bought so far

At least he bought. The old man shouldn't have lied in the first place! The problem with lying is that sooner or later, everything a liar that has been caught says would be assumed to be a lie even when he's telling the truth

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 02, 2016
kenonze:

Not a congent reason for dubious deals.
Why would he wait till election period before procuring weapons.
While PDP saw BH as an APC agenda to run GEJ govt down, the Dasukis and Amosu were busy making cash.
Blood money

Yep. GEJ so politicized the whole Boko haram issue to the detriment of every Nigerian. Many have so quickly forgotten the slow and unsure approach he had towards the insurgency for over a year in which time Boko haram had grown like a hydra headed monster simply because He Jonathan was also playing the blame game.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 02, 2016
fewj:

At least he bought. The old man shouldn't have lied in the first place! The problem with lying is that sooner or later, everything a liar that has been caught says would be assumed to be a lie even when he's telling the truth

Every country refused to deal on arms with jonathan because technology is precious and can be highly destructive when it falls into the wrong hands. Corruption was the bane of GeJ and his government to the extent intelligence reports were being leaked to boko haram from our very own army so whats stops weapons from also getting into their hands.
Buhari may not have bought weapons but he has been receiving military supplies from countries that originally refused to deal with Nigeria in the days of Gej . Countries like USA with 24 mine sweepers, surface to air missiles and 2 choppers,
China with assault rifles and ground combat equipment, and so on.
You cannot expect the military to give out sensitive info on what and what they have gotten. Personally I know what I know because like I said my friend is in the trenches and ironically he is also a nairalander

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Kgdavid(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2016
aolumaxi:
Which type of gun dey explode instead of re loading after firing.. This lie man na big illiterate

Try and learn how to read well. Biko.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 02, 2016
This is what a mine sweeper looks like and this is what USA has given us 24 of. Now our troops no longer use theie bare hands to dig up and handle mines left behind by Boko haram as they retreat.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by MrSly(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2016
RichDad1:
Wailers reacts.
Plural noun goes with plural verb. not wailers reacts but wailers react (simple present tense for primary 5 pupils)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Henrichemeka(m): 10:52am On Feb 02, 2016
The ones they are using now came from heaven
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Olukolade1: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2016
Licking mouth is troubling this man
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by aolumaxi(m): 11:16am On Feb 02, 2016
Kgdavid:

Try and learn how to read well. Biko.

“It is pertinent to state that the ammunition he was referring to were back-loaded because they explode within the barrel when fired, thus leading to deaths and injuries among soldiers.”
am I the onlt one reading this shit
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by viktor01(m): 11:18am On Feb 02, 2016
Last time I checked, APC govt. has not procured any weapons since they assumed power. so they are also using what they call "substandard" weapons to win the war against BH?
These guys are so daft and whoever believes this is dafter.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by skill4biz: 11:19am On Feb 02, 2016
kenonze:
Most of you bashing Lai Mohammed do not have idea with it takes to be a minister of Information.
None of u have ever held a small position like PRO of ur village meeting/union.

What Lai Mohammed said is not far from the truth. Its very obvious just that when someone u hate makes a comment, it will never taste fine in ur system.

My anger with GEJ is that he overpriced the obsolete items he bought. Had it been they were bought at right price, I will be asking Lai Mohammed which one have ur government bought so far

What pple are saying, is that GEJ pleaded 4 election postponement 2 enable him deal with boko haramhe n he really dealt with them b/c 2 weeks b4 d election we did not heard of any attack frm BH
during n after election.I wnt 2 believe that they uses sum kind ammunitions.
When Buhari got there what they told us was that GEJ did not buy any ammunition but they could told us that they are winning d war n now that BH are now fighting back.The information Minister,is now given an excuses that d ammunition bought for both high-calibre and small weapons have mostly expired, incompatible with weapons and grossly inadequate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Rybnyk(m): 11:19am On Feb 02, 2016
He just can't stop laing...
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Every country refused to deal on arms with jonathan because technology is precious and can be highly destructive when it falls into the wrong hands. Corruption was the bane of GeJ and his government to the extent intelligence reports were being leaked to boko haram from our very own army so whats stops weapons from also getting into their hands.
Buhari may not have bought weapons but he has been receiving military supplies from countries that originally refused to deal with Nigeria in the days of Gej . Countries like USA with 24 mine sweepers, surface to air missiles and 2 choppers,
China with assault rifles and ground combat equipment, and so on.
You cannot expect the military to give out sensitive info on what and what they have gotten. Personally I know what I know because like I said my friend is in the trenches and ironically he is also a nairalander

After reading your comments plus the pics attached, I quickly view your profile next was to follow u
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 02, 2016
skill4biz:

What pple are saying, is that GEJ pleaded 4 election postponement 2 enable him deal with boko haramhe n he really dealt with them b/c 2 weeks b4 d election we did not heard of any attack frm BH
during n after election.I wnt 2 believe that they uses sum kind ammunitions.
When Buhari got there what they told us was that GEJ did not buy any ammunition but they could told us that they are winning d war n now that BH are now fighting back.The information Minister,is now given an excuses that d ammunition bought for both high-calibre and small weapons have mostly expired, incompatible with weapons and grossly inadequate.

And can you please explain to me why GEJ had to wait till the election period to declare full war on boko haram? Was it because he suddenly realised himself or ìt was part of the politicisation of the entire process?
So 2 weeks respite from BH meant he was winning? Please tell that to the birds.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Kgdavid(m): 11:41am On Feb 02, 2016
aolumaxi:

am I the onlt one reading this shit

Nope....just that you don't know how to read well. Mr Mohammed said the ammunition explodes in the weapons, and not that the weapons explode which is what you said in the post u quoted.

Just to help you out...ammunition refers to things such as bullets and other projectiles, but not the guns themselves.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by mikki123(m): 11:47am On Feb 02, 2016
I think my Honorable Minister is suffering from Intellectual diabetics...... Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2016
kenonze:

After reading your comments plus the pics attached, I quickly view your profile next was to follow u

Followed back
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 02, 2016
Kgdavid:

Nope....just that you don't know how to read well. Mr Mohammed said the ammunition explodes in the weapons, and not that the weapons explode which is what you said in the post u quoted.

Just to help you out...ammunition refers to things such as bullets and other projectiles, but not the guns themselves.

Lmao. The average Ineffectual ones always think that ammunition refers to guns.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=kenonze post=42541739][b]Most of you bashing Lai Mohammed do not have idea with it takes to be a minister of Information.

What Lai Mohammed said is not far from the truth. Its very obvious just that when someone u hate makes a comment, it will never taste fine in ur system.

Wat. Lai Mohammed said is far from the truth... We r not dumb in Nigeria, and this people shud also remember dt pple wl always remember whatever they say or any comment they passed. He once said d former administration NEVER bought any weapon, now he is claiming they bought sub standard weapon. And ever since. Dey came into power, they hv bin using d so called substandard weapons. APC is jxt a lie and a scam. And who told you APC is nt over pricing tinz?, in d last budget proposal, do u knw hw much was allocated. 4 ordinary car tire......... Wake up bro nd receive sense

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by yaki84: 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
kenonze:
Most of you bashing Lai Mohammed do not have idea with it takes to be a minister of Information.

abeg dis expired n substandard bombs n bullets e no dey explode?
but defense headquarters lastweek gave rundown on the number n times they ve bombarded sambisa......

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Myself2(m): 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
If Lie never blame Jonathan,his mind no dey rest! The substandard weapons should be tested on Lie,for us to confirm if he is saying the truth!

GBAM !!!
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Jakess: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
funny lie mohammed

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Myself2(m): 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
MrSly:
Plural noun goes with plural verb. not wailers reacts but wailers react (simple present tense for primary 5 pupils)

shocked shocked shocked
OMG
You just killed the guy's pathetic zombie career on nairaland
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
yaki84:

but defense headquarters lastweek gave rundown on the number n times they ve bombarded sambisa......

E dey jam scatter .
Disappointing soilders since 2015.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by skill4biz: 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

And can you please explain to me why GEJ had to wait till the election period to declare full war on boko haram? Was it because he suddenly realised himself or ìt was part of the politicisation of the entire process?
So 2 weeks respite from BH meant he was winning? Please tell that to the birds.

U hv 2 realize dat BH is an unconventional warfare, which Nigerians has never experience b/4 aside dat nigerian’s leaders prefer 2 make peace with any aggressive country so Nigeria previous govt don’t buy ammunition 4 war. so is not easy 2 fight a guerrilla war like BH.am not holding brief 4 GEJ am only being fair.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Davidchitah(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
ureach:
This is what happens when u pay an old man to 'talk'. undecided

Hahaha. This man is suffering from a senility reasoning disorder
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
yaki84:

You obviously know nothing about weaponry and just spew what you read in the dailies. If you have mismatched ammunitions and derelict guns with no available parts you are a sitting duck.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by yaki84: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You obviously know nothing about weaponry and just spew what you read in the dailies. If you have mismatched ammunitions and derelict guns with no available parts you are a sitting duck.

so all d bombardment of sambisa na stones airforce de use?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC / Buhari Speaks To Ganduje From London, Says "I Am Feeling Better" / Suspected SARS Operative Shoots PDP Agent At Collation Center In River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.