Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,256 members, 7,864,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? (1448 Views)

10 Kinds Of Guys That Find It Difficult To Approach/Woo A Lady / Reasons Why Ladies Make It Difficult To Get Under Their Pants In Relationships / Why Is It Difficult To Woo Guys On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by igbele(f): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2009
My guy hardly tell me you are lookin good. If i dressed up, i get many admirers. Even in his presence they do tell me 'girl u are cute' and they will even tell him to stick with me dt am ok. Bt he will neva open up 2 admire me. So i complained bitterly and he said he doesnt want 2 tel me dt i may feel am too good 4 him. Bt is it the best?
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by Igwe9(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2009
igbele:

My guy hardly tell me you are lookin good. If i dressed up, i get many admirers. Even in his presence they do tell me 'girl u are cute' and they will even tell him to stick with me dt am ok. Bt he will neva open up 2 admire me. So i complained bitterly and he said he doesnt want 2 tel me dt i may feel am too good 4 him. Bt is it the best?
No, it's not the best, He's definitely blinded by love, hence wouldn't even notice when you 're not fine either. cool
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by blackmann(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2009
Igwe.:

No, it's not the best, He's definitely blinded by love, hence wouldn't even notice when you 're not fine either. cool

End of story.
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by savanaha: 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2009
Igwe.:

Hahaha, maybe he is dumbed by love.

Igbele do you tell him how stunning he looks
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by MissyB1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2009
igbele:

People still have that mentality? Is wa!! grin
Plus Nah. . . .T'is not good how much more being the best.
Sometimes, the caliber of 'a thing' is known by how much the owner
appreciates and places value on it.
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by 190: 2:43am On Jul 01, 2009
same tin applies 2 me
if u see my gf ehhen
u go hala
i neva tell her how preety she is
and simply do not know why
bt within me,im bitting myself
telling myself 190 hw u take get this babe sef
u too much!
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by topup: 3:52am On Jul 01, 2009
I'm not sure if it's sincere love, after all he seems a little bit insecure. I would hate for my guy never to tell me that I looked beautiful, especially when you go through all that effort of picking out a nice outfit, doing makeup, and all the guys and your friends are telling you "you look beautiful, then your guy just nods and yells, we're going to be late, let's go" .

My dad never tells my mum that she looks beautiful and I'm not sure what reason it is, but now, when we compliment her, she's always saying, "really?", "you sure?", something like this can really wear down a woman's confidence in herself, and she can start to think, "why bother doing my hair, or putting on the makeup - he doesn't appreciate it."?? For a while she seemed stuck in a rut, she barely wore any makeup, she didn't have time for her hair or clothes, but recently, she's back to looking gorgeous again with or without my dad's compliments.

It's a shame really, your boyfriend should be able to trust that you won't leave him, does he believe that keeping you insecure about yourself is what will keep you around?? If so, he's got another thing coming, if another guy who offers similar qualities can't get enough of how 'cute' you are.
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by TheSeeker(m): 6:56am On Jul 01, 2009
I second 190's comment. I have not found it within my manners to tell her how beautiful she looks but the look in my eyes tells it all. Admiring her or not doesn't have to crush her penchant for looking good, moreover, she's looking good for herself too not for me alone.
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by CoolGirl09: 7:02am On Jul 01, 2009
Also see reasons why ladies find it difficult to admire their guys in http://liferelationshipstyle..com/
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by iice(f): 8:03am On Jul 01, 2009
undecided So if he doesn't say it, he says it with his eyes undecided
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by biola44: 8:21am On Jul 01, 2009
but generally guys admire girls more, girls hardly do except d bold ones, 4 me its not a big deal n i also say d truth when she aint loookin good
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 01, 2009
igbele:

It's not the best. You've made it known that you don't appreciate his approach, you just have to decide if you can tolerate his response. You've obviously seen guys who can compliment you, so they do exist. It's the height of insecurity for a guy to worry that compliments will give a girl an upper hand, i can't even fathom why someone would be so trivial  undecided.  We need stop thinking of how to control peeps, it's taking human interaction straight to the gutter! angry
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by nethacker(m): 8:43am On Jul 01, 2009
igbele:

grin grin i do this alot to my ex cos her internal beauty doesnt appeal to me but she is very beautiful.But my new girl i always admire her too much,although not as beautiful as my ex but she gat d qualities i want in a woman,
Una wahala too much sef these women.Women always worry about the things that men forget; men always worry about the things women remember”  grin grin so i hv come to d conclusion dat Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them. grin
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by igbele(f): 9:27am On Jul 01, 2009
RE:SAVANNAH

Yes i do tell him how cute he looks each time he dresses
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by edogram1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
dont bother about that, everybody r defrent.

the dude is not friending u for beauty sake, been beauty doesn't matter to him.

some people r not into beauty stuff. that just the way it is.

the fact that u know he think u r okay. that alone can keep thing moving. so dont get it Twisted love is a Beautyful thing.
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by 190: 6:20am On Jul 06, 2009
@top up
ure post are always underneath mine
ure beautiful sha
i wish i cud take u on a date!
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by Gabry(f): 7:48am On Jul 06, 2009
Well, first, do you admire him? Do u tell him how hot / handsome he looks?
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by mecussey(m): 9:28am On Jul 06, 2009
topup:

I'm not sure if it's sincere love, after all he seems a little bit insecure. I would hate for my guy never to tell me that I looked beautiful, especially when you go through all that effort of picking out a nice outfit, doing makeup, and all the guys and your friends are telling you "you look beautiful, then your guy just nods and yells, we're going to be late, let's go" .

My dad never tells my mum that she looks beautiful and I'm not sure what reason it is, but now, when we compliment her, she's always saying, "really?", "you sure?", something like this can really wear down a woman's confidence in herself, and she can start to think, "why bother doing my hair, or putting on the makeup - he doesn't appreciate it."?? For a while she seemed stuck in a rut, she barely wore any makeup, she didn't have time for her hair or clothes, but recently, she's back to looking gorgeous again with or without my dad's compliments.

It's a shame really, your boyfriend should be able to trust that you won't leave him, does he believe that keeping you insecure about yourself is what will keep you around?? If so, he's got another thing coming, if another guy who offers similar qualities can't get enough of how 'cute' you are.

Top up's intelligence! wink
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:59am On Jul 06, 2009
The only explainable reason why such dudes won't compliment their gf's beauty is because they are insecure! Period!
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by touchmeder: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2009
It's a shame really, your boyfriend should be able to trust that you won't leave him, does he believe that keeping you insecure about yourself is what will keep you around?? If so, he's got another thing coming, if another guy who offers similar qualities can't get enough of how 'cute' you are./quote]

God bless you, thats just it
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by sexylogan(m): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2009
if he isnt telling u that u r beautiful, chances are he's telling some

other chick. undecided
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by rhufffryda(m): 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2009
I always tell my woman when she is looking good.
Your man has a complex issue.
beware.
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by bluespice(f): 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
insecurity
or they just dont compliment people easily lip service is a diff issue tongue

im guilty of the latter embarassed
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by latch(m): 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2009
its not insecurity, its more like: okay, I've got you, so I don't need all them little nice words any longer.
Having said that, it's not quite right cos as they say: girls need complements forever
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by 190: 12:09am On Jul 10, 2009
^^^ are u sure! angry
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by Youngpo413: 6:34am On Nov 24, 2014
ThoniaSlim:
The only explainable reason why such dudes won't compliment their gf's beauty is because they are insecure! Period!

very true
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by mcdokwe(m): 6:46am On Nov 24, 2014
I have come to notice overtime that a lot of people are too generous with compliments because girls enjoy it even when you are not looking so good. Come on! He goes out with you, sticks to you and is not ashamed to let people know you belong together and you want to compare that with mere compliments you are not sure is meant or well intended? Na wa o
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 24, 2014
I dont giv a dam 2 compliments and my bf knows dat but he always does dat
Re: Guys Find It Difficult To Admire Their Girls. Why? by Youngpo413: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2014
igbele:
yes

(1) (Reply)

Win Back Lost Love And Heal Your Broken Heart / Hit Me Baby One More Time / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.