Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (37653 Views)

My Experience In Nigeria Embassy / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 09, 2011
justwise:

You will fill the form online and and make the payment online as well and submit, then u will asked to print out the payment receipt and the form. One of those forms will contain your appointment date. Most importantly the 20 pounds postal order.

Hi Justwise,
Thanks for your response, I think what you have explained is for the passport application. I am after the Visa application.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by segzeybaba(m): 11:13am On Feb 09, 2011
aysometin:

Thanks for your response, very helpful! smiley

The problem I have is that we are leaving in a couple of weeks and I want to avoid disappointment.
It is expensive but I don't really have a choice, I'll get his Nigerian Passport done when I get to Nigeria.

Passport Application takes 10days after biometric enrolment, but i think visa application takes about 7days after submission.

When do you plan to travel?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
1st week in March

My fear is getting a long interview date from the computer automated system.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by segzeybaba(m): 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2011
If you dont mind the fees, you could apply for the visa, but if you mind, fill the online passport form on www.immigration.gov.ng, pay the application fee, and check the date you get, if its a long interview date beyond your intended date of travel, drop your email and i will tell you what you could do in time for your travel.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2011
Lol, This is very tempting. cheesy

Thanks so much for your help but knowing my hubby, he would never agree and say it is a risk.
I guess we just have to pay the visa fees

God bless u Bro!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
I just feel the need to share my experience today at the Nigerian Embassy.

I got to the Nigerian Embassy at 10.45 am this morning with my baby.

At the door, their was a little gathering of people waiting to be attended to and a customer was arguing with the guard.
Customer: You are not doing your job well, you are here to serve Nigerians and other visitors
Guard: Oga I am not here to serve Nigerians o, I am here to serve the management. shocked shocked Really

Anyways he let the man in and he asked me what I wanted, I said Visa. He checked my documents and helped me lift my buggy up the entrance steps (3 flights) and left me to struggle down to the basement myself. embarassed embarassed

I was surprised at the number of people already waiting at the basement, did they sleep there?. I got my ticket number and found somewhere to sit, waiting to be called, the wait was for 1hr 30 mins. Everything was alright and I have been asked to return next week Friday to get his visa.

I have to say services have improved as opposed to what I read on this thread. The whole thing is more organized and the workers do their work very fast. If they call your number and you don't answer, they wait a little while, call you again before they move on to the next number.
The staff walking by were willing to answer questions and generally everything was moving fast.
Ofcourse we still had all the rude "Nigerian" remarks from the workers, 'madam go and sit down', 'have I called you', 'you are not ready, go away' 'leave my front' etc. but in all I wasn't expecting it to be that smooth.

My advise to anyone going to the Nigeria house is to ensure you have all your documents ready, check the websites for all the requirements and fees, make all your photocopies and purchase postal order. That way you would save time and stress

Lastly, the Government needs to do something about that basement, it is not befitting at all and too small. It was so hot today and the number of people squeezing theselves into that place daily is dangerous. It leaves me wondering what they use the rest of the building for?

cool Naija for life
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by MrLoL(m): 7:48am On Feb 14, 2011
Quick question.
Can I use my expired Nigerian pasport in Murtula Muhammed as proof that I'm Nigerian without having to go through all the hassle of applying for a visa for my British passport?
So basically when I travel i'll be taking my British passport and expired Nigerian passport with me. I really need to go and see him in March as I haven't been for 13 years and I want to eat proper food. Fed up of eating mash potatoes and all that gravy shite. shocked
My sister says it takes 5 months to get an interview to get a new Nigerian passport. I live in North Wales as well so travelling down to London will be problematic.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 15, 2011
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by gestapo(f): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2011
Why do people waste their time going to that pokey basement Naija Embassy in Fleet Street when they can go to the much neater and better organised one in Northumberland one near Picadilly Circus undecided

segzeybaba:

If you dont mind the fees, you could apply for the visa, but if you mind, fill the online passport form on www.immigration.gov.ng, pay the application fee, and check the date you get, if its a long interview date beyond your intended date of travel, drop your email and i will tell you what you could do in time for your travel.

Oga Sir, I am interested Sir, it is for my friend's baby Sir, is the offer to drop one's email still open Sir? Awaiting your response Sir. God bless you Sir cheesy
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
Mr_LoL:

Quick question.
Can I use my expired Nigerian pasport in Murtula Muhammed as proof that I'm Nigerian without having to go through all the hassle of applying for a visa for my British passport?
So basically when I travel i'll be taking my British passport and expired Nigerian passport with me. I really need to go and see him in March as I haven't been for 13 years and I want to eat proper food. Fed up of eating mash potatoes and all that gravy shite. shocked
My sister says it takes 5 months to get an interview to get a new Nigerian passport. I live in North Wales as well so travelling down to London will be problematic.

I'll like to use the word impossible.
Apply for the visa using the postal service method, read more about it on their website.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by MrLoL(m): 9:54am On Feb 19, 2011
How long does it take to get a new Nigerian passport in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 19, 2011
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by livinlaj: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2011
Hello peeps! I need some help pls. My gf wants to come visit me in Nigeria and she's yet to fill out the visa application form online. She plans on coming May 23rd which is about 6weeks away. I wanna find out if anyone knows how long the period from filling the forms and paying the visa fees online until the interview date is, on average. The thing is I want her to fill out the forms now because I don't want a situation where its like a month to wait for interview and then another week to find out whether or not she got the visa leaving her only a couple days to buy plane tickets and sort out other important preparatory issues. But she thinks it might be about a week and she's got her vaccinations this coming wednesday (the 20th) at her local gp in Cardiff, so understandably, doesn't want a clash sad please if anyone can help in anyway possible i'd truly appreciate it. Thank you!!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2011
livinlaj:

Hello peeps! I need some help pls. My gf wants to come visit me in Nigeria and she's yet to fill out the visa application form online. She plans on coming May 23rd which is about 6weeks away. I wanna find out if anyone knows how long the period from filling the forms and paying the visa fees online until the interview date is, on average. The thing is I want her to fill out the forms now because I don't want a situation where its like a month to wait for interview and then another week to find out whether or not she got the visa leaving her only a couple days to buy plane tickets and sort out other important preparatory issues. But she thinks it might be about a week and she's got her vaccinations this coming wednesday (the 20th) at her local gp in Cardiff, so understandably, doesn't want a clash sad please if anyone can help in anyway possible i'd truly appreciate it. Thank you!!

Hello,

What she has to do is to print off the Visa froms online, fill it and take it with the supporting documents any time she likes to the Embassy. You can't fill the visa froms online. Her documents will be checked and she would be told straight away if she will be given a visa. The visa is normally ready a week after. My advise to her is to ensure she takes all the required documents or she will be asked to come back which will obviously delay things. Visa applications are quite easy as opposed to Passport.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2011
Mr_LoL:

How long does it take to get a new Nigerian passport in Nigeria?

Took us 24 hours
It depends on who you know and how much you have wink
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2011
Why are people tying themselves in a knot over this e-passport, I just went to renew my Machine readable passport this week which had unbeknown to me expired in May 2010, and all i paid was £40 to have it extended till 2016, and endorsed my children for £25 each, saving myself the over £300 I would have had to fork out for visas undecided

Now all I need is a "copy" of Dad's passport and a forged letter of authorisation "from" Dad declaring his heartfelt joy that the pikins are allowed and been given 100% permission to travel to Naija with Mum who owns the children too angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by wakiri: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2011
thanks busy body for the info.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by asorts: 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
Hello all,

Want to find out from people who have been to the Nigerian High Commission in London.

Missed an appointment(to apply for a new e-passport) at the NHC today cos i got there late(after 1pm).I have been asked to come back tomorrow.

Wont be able to make it as i would be working.I've sent mails to them they never reply.

Can i just go there another day?

All answers would be appreciated.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by DisGuy: 11:22am On Apr 20, 2011
you'd probably be attended to, just tell them you were told to come that day as you missed your appointment, go early
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by ikeyman00(m): 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2011
@@@@@@@@@

this guy

how long does express visa for naija

go for plzz
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by DisGuy: 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2011
do the superman! bros where you been dey,, you don hammer finish o!

[s]I dont think these people do express visas , except you know someone in there, now the appointment dates are usually far away unlike before you can change to get a convenient date but now it doesn't change that much[/s]

thought you were on about the passport, to be honest i don't know much about the visa, i still get my naija p- i thought they cancelled all the express service before; but they shouldn't take that long and probably under 80quid including the processing fee
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2011
wakiri:

thanks busy body for the info.

Anytime hon wink

ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@

this guy

how long does express visa for naija

go for plzz

Superman, why don't you simply renew/extend your Nigerian passport and collect it the same day and go and get your e-passport in Nigeria.

Not sure if they still offer the express visa service , but I saw something with £50 extra charge on top of the applicable visa fee, so i gues you can give them a call.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by ikeyman00(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2011
menh busy body

im in wahala; i got ticket but no visa in my uk passport and i only got till month ending to get visa

done the first internet thing lost the money as i just couldnt get the confirnation reciept

done second one then got 3rd of may but should be going on 30th this month

silly me

what shall i do

this is wat happens when u dnt have naija pass

i was told to go there early on tuesay to beg in naija style if u no wat i mean to see if they let me in and get it done on the same day
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2011
Superman

They have the express service, it'll cost you £50, in addition to the £90 fee, and it takes 24 hours, so you need to get yourself down there pronto.

I also found out the day i went there that one could do the visa processing for a small fee in the Business section situated in the same building, without having to pay online, or something like that sha undecided

Nigerians, they nearly doubled the visa fees and changed the duration from 3 days to 7 days, just to stick a credit card sized sticker on one page, wharrashame embarassed
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by ikeyman00(m): 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2011
busy

so that means emm the interview date on may 3rd shouldnt count and i should be there on tuesday then to get the visa
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 7:47pm On Apr 23, 2011
Usually, its 5 working days, so if you submit on your docs on Monday, you have to come back and get it the following Monday, if you hand it in Tuesday, you get it next Tuesday . . . unless you do the express thingy which is 24 hours.

What interview, for visa shocked I thunk all you just had to do was pay online, go to Northumberland, get a ticket, hand it in when your number comes up and come back to collect in a week shocked I think you should travel down there asap to find out what this interview is all about, and don't beg them too hard as per you know how power dey go to this people's brain. If you have to give them "something" in the end to pave the way, you don't have to grovel too biko.

With regards to the money you already paid and lost, take all the proof along, there is a number you should be given to get your refund back. Same thing happened to a lady I saw there that day, she was given a secret number to call to get her money back lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by ikeyman00(m): 9:31am On Apr 24, 2011
busdy body

and where did u get the visitor visa download form cuz what i got here say online visa payment that gott my my name; ref and id no, visa type and amount

should that be the form?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OnyeBabe1(f): 8:35am On May 07, 2011
They all need to be fired, bunch of lazy things with no customer service skills.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by thameamead(f): 10:44am On May 07, 2011
Busy_body:

With regards to the money you already paid and lost, take all the proof along, there is a number you should be given to get your refund back. Same thing happened to a lady I saw there that day, she was given a secret number to call to get her money back lipsrsealed

hahaha
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Mentoring: 7:48am On May 13, 2011
URGENT ADVICE
Please all,
I applied for in country FLR(M) and was issued a two(2) years Biometric resident permit card this week. I have no 9ja passp as the one I owned expired 2009 and with immigration service since 2007, I have not bother to renew it since i had no status all this while cos I heard no travel plan to go back for family reason here as I am married to a Brit and have a child and my initial visa had run out.

I urgently intend to travel to 9ja and will not be able to put up with nigerian embassy hussle and time taking to issue 9ja passp here in U.k plus they have already asked me to get my old green passp which is not possible to get as UKBA can't locate it.
My plan is to apply for Emergency Travel Certificate from Nigeria embassy and apply for passport when I arrive in 9ja as it will take two day to issue me new E passp and cost 19k naira.

I have no plan to tell 9ja embassy of my issue as they will not attend to me asap issuing me ETC. I believe they will ask me to apply for Passp which I am not ready to go through the time and hussle as I have less than two(2) week to attend my younger sister wedding and my parants Golding wedding anneversary.

Is it possible in my case to be issue with ETC to travel to 9ja?

Thanks in advance
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 16, 2011
Why are people tying themselves in a knot over this e-passport, I just went to renew my Machine readable passport this week which had unbeknown to me expired in May 2010, and all i paid was £40 to have it extended till 2016, and endorsed my children for £25 each, saving myself the over £300 I would have had to fork out for visas

Hi  busybody,
are you saying that you  were able to renew an expired (10year old) Machine Readable Passport  for £40?
Mine expired in Oct 2010 and in Dec I tried to  book an appointment to get an e Passport and was given a date in  July 2011. I have not been able to reschedule the appointment.

I would appreciate some  clarity  on the term expired please.
Thanks
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 4:28pm On May 16, 2011
AlexisJay:

Hi busybody,
are you saying that you were able to renew an expired (10year old) Machine Readable Passport for £40?
Mine expired in Oct 2010 and in Dec I tried to book an appointment to get an e Passport and was given a date in July 2011. I have not been able to reschedule the appointment.

I would appreciate some clarity on the term expired please.
Thanks

Yup, renewed mine and twas extended until 2016, my Sister also got her expired 10 years old passport which expired Frebruary 2010 extended too and she managed to travel with no fuss.

Mentoring:

URGENT ADVICE
. . . Is it possible in my case to be issue with ETC to travel to 9ja?

Thanks in advance

I saw people being called to pick up travel certificates all the while i was there, i think you go there in the morning and wait till noon to pick up. Take along your biometrics card as well as other ID's and proof of your Sister's wedding, to prove to them that you have the right to remain in the Country as well as travel out.

Those people like to act like mini-gods so take as mucvh documents as you have. A lady's visa application was declined for being unprofessional because the letter she submitted had "sent from my blackberry device" at the bottom of the page, could you imagine undecided

LIST OF THE REQUIREMENT NEEDED FOR ETC
NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION
(PASSPORT SECTION)
9 NORTHUMBERLAND AVENUE
LONDON WC2N 5BX
Telephone 0207-839-1244
Emergency Travel Certificate
Letter to the High Commissioner stating the circumstances of loss of passport;
Submission of one copy of form C1;
Submission of photocopy of the data page of Passport. One copy of Guarantor’s Form (P.21) duly Sworn before the Commissioner for Oaths at the Nigeria High Commission;
Submission of a Police Report clearly stating loss of the Nigerian Passport;
Submission of Birth Certificate or Sworn Declaration of Age duly signed by Commissioner for Oaths of Nigeria High Commission;
Submission of a Sworn Declaration of the loss of Passport signed by the Commissioner for Oaths of the Nigeria High Commission;
Submission of two studio-taken passport photographs (one of which must be endorsed on the reverse side by the Recommender who must also be a Nigerian);
Documentary proof of profession (Letter from Employer or P60);
Payment of £50.00 for ETC and £20 as Processing fee (in Postal Order made payable to the Nigeria High Commission London). DO NOT PAY UNTIL AFTER A SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW BY THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER. Please submit your application and book for interview at the Nigeria High Commission. DO NOT MAKE ONLINE PAYMENT FOR THIS SERVICE
Production of proof of applicant’s residence status i.e. letter from the Home office showing evidence of stay in UK;
Proof of applicant Address in UK i.e. 2 utility bills (e.g. Gas , Electricity ) or Bank Statement;
Letter from the academic institution (Students only).
NOTE:
1. All applications for re-issue of lost passports must be submitted at the counter. Applicants would thereafter be required to submit themselves for personal interviews not later than one week from the date of submission of application.
2. The Guarantor must be a reputable Nigerian with good knowledge of the applicant.
3. All submissions must be made in duplicates.
4. PAYMENT BY CASH OR CHEQUE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Note: Fees are subject to change.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Close Kaduna-Abuja Train - Youths Protest In Kaduna (Photos) / Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) / Pilot Bello Mohamed Baba-Ari Buried After NAF Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.