Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (37644 Views)

My Experience In Nigeria Embassy / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
I agree they know NOTHING about customer service. The website is a bastard joke nothing works the graphics are shocking with various random crap scrolling across the page!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by sley4life(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2009
9ja syndrome
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by BabyGirl5: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2009
Maybe I was lucky when I went in two days ago, I was in and out in less than 35 mins and the people who severed me were polite.

But what really surprises me was the web application system they’re using to store the details and peoples identify.

I would have thought it would be very secure, because of the information being captured. If I could spot this vulnerability in less than a 1 min, how much more professional hackers. Also, some of the other pages that display person details after payment that should be secured aren’t even secured.

I think until such a time as they can improve their system, people should be given an alternative method to pay either via the postal orders or direct into a bank a/c or some other means,
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LUDALOOLO(m): 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2009
Most of the people there no go school na, Nigerians hate each other for no reason
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by BabyGirl5: 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2009
Maybe I was lucky when I went in two days ago, I was in and out in less than 35 mins and the people who severed me were polite.  

But what really surprises me was the web application system they’re using to store the details and peoples identify.

I would have thought it would be very secure, because of the information being captured.  If I could spot this vulnerability in less than a 1 min, how much more professional hackers.  Also, some of the other pages that display person details after payment that should be secured aren’t even secured.

I think until such a time as they can improve their system, people should be given an alternative method to pay either via the postal orders or direct into a bank a/c or some other means,
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by ikeyman00(m): 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
was there for visa in 2007, cuz na long wait, then emm saw some man arguin with a lady that works on the counter

woman oga abeg why u de stand for my face naw, plz go and sit down

man cuz i wan make u see my ajebo-butter face

woman god  shocked woman got mad, shoutin and sayin vehemently, wetin i go do with that face, i get husband at home, na because everybody de for Uk, if to say na naija u fit talk like that, oh god see this man, ooo wetin i go do with that face in gbatti accent hahha, wentin

meanwhile people are still waitin for their turn oo, the woman still the shout, wetin i wan do with this face hahhhhhhhhahahha

then people come beg am i don do naw, haba hahhhhhhhhhh
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/

this is the hellish website.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by macIB(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
Nigerian embassy London, A case of jungle where there is no law and order!!! When I went there I nearly ran mad, had to go see a psychiatrist afterward.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by 4Play(m): 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2009
Those saying it's not so bad need their heads examined. I suppose it's the same way a pig might say the smell of faeces is not so bad.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by omar22(m): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
Am telling you, yesterday I got there and my heart sank, it was so hot in the basement, no order, no lines, no control, i saw the person in charge he looked like a character from planet of the ape, with his weird looking beard,

i just turned back because I wasnt mentally prepared for "SIn City" you need half of bottle of brandy before you walk inside the embassy
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by rafcrown(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2009
I wish to state here categorically that all over the world what we expect from these diplomats is not what they provide.In Lebanon -source -a popular tv programme in Nig.Mini Jojo.Nigerians are complaining about the staff there.
In Japan,USA,UK,Germany etc the same treatment to Nigerians
You must know a staff there to be quickly served
You must prepare for disorderliness,confusion ,rowdy environment etc
Rude comments from Embassy Staff.Jealous and Envious Staff .$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Ready to pay bribe ,if necessary
No proper arrangement.I always pray not to have anything to do with them.Useless and Rude people.
Ready to waste your precious time
Ready to meet officers who are obviously should remain in a local goverment in Nigeria not abroad
If you have problem and call your Embassy Americans and English people get support from their embs.
The fact is Are they abroad for personal interests or National Interests?
Are they around for NIGERIANS OR OYINBOS- OR THE HOST COUNTRIES ?
To know how we do things in Nigeria just go to any Embassy and see ,learn and shake head.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by N101: 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
nameoh:

skfa1
I think you are taking your anger so far. I was there 2 weeks ago and  2 days ago to pick up my passport. It is not as bad as you are saying what ,u should understand is that the population of Nigerians in London is so high and also for the fact that there is a change of international passport worsen the  chase.Every one that wants to renew his/her visa decides to have a new passport instead.Although there is great room for improvement like the toilet areas and the airconditioning system .Have you also checked the Indian embassy in London ,they have same problem because of the population problem.
Are you sure we were in the same place?  I was there last week, arrived around 10:45am, left after 4:30pm. Like omar22 I had paid for my visa online only to find out that, not only did they not accept applications for visas made via the NIS website, but the payment I make not add up with the total quoted on the NIS website.  Even more scary, the service is due to go live in July!  I don't get the impression that the NIS consulted the high commissions/embassies properly about this, even though the website is quite slick.  Thankfully one of the ladies at the counter helped me so I didn't have to pay twice which I was well prepared to do just so I could escape the place.

A large population of Nigerians is not a good enough excuse for overcrowding and poor service.  Because it happens in the Indian embassy that makes it acceptable?  Let's not forget that basement is a health and safety hazard, if you've ever had the misfortune of being there after a public holiday as I did, it is like a tomb.  Pschologically that place can wear you down.  I laughed when I heard one lady complain about the lack of fire exits, not to mention how hot it was down there and how long she'd been waiting - I told her she'd been in the UK waaay too long!  I find it hard that they are unable to improve the layout of that place, let's not talk about those with buggies who insist on squashing you to the wall even if you have right of way, or the buggies too big for the staircase that people will insist on trying to force down it.

The postal order processing fee is a rip-off as far as I'm concerned.  Two months ago I paid £70 for a visa, now I have to pay a "processing fee" which adds up to £90.  And pray tell, what is the money being spent on?  Why does it have to be paid by postal order, wouldn't it make sense to pay all by card or postal orders, rather than having to use both?

So many people had to leave and go to the Post Office off Charing Cross Road to get postal orders - I'm sure they're making a mint just from visitors to the high commission.  Fortunately because the waiting times are so long people were able to get there and back long before their number was called.  The website is a nightmare and not fit for purpose; it is bugged with Trojans to the point that when I tried to access it my anti-virus wouldn't allow me to open it in my browser, neither at home or at work.

In some way I empathise with some of the staff working there.  During my 5+ hours there I didn't see them take a break or go to lunch, I'm sure they're not paid very well.  Last time I was there and went to collect my passport, the scary lady gave me the wrong passport.  When I went back and nicely pointed out the mistake, she asked me to write my name down, and shoved my passport at me dismissively, no apology.  This time around (yesterday) my first name was spelled wrong, so I was passed to the nicer of the two who sorted it out for me.

BabyGirl_1 if I were you I'd avoid posting any information via the website, it is bugged and still not running properly yet.  I think they should take it down, it's an embarrassment.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by parki: 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
@lady T
grin grin grin grin

yup yup u r totally right that old woman is just depraved sorry to say so but an experience with her and i bet u also will reach the same conclusion
she was the same woman that had my friend and i frustrated and angry spending money lookin for a blue card which was totally irrelevant to our application.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by manny4life(m): 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
Awww, I feel sorry for everyone who has had a bad, and terrible experiences with Nigerian Embassies, however, I must say I can see their rudeness and incompetence is everywhere. They are no different here in DC. As for the guy who had his passport lost and found from no where, did you file a report with the Department of State? I mean you couldn't have been the only victim of such crime, just that you took it a little bit serious. As for Nigeria, we have a long way ahead of us.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2009
This scary old lady is a living legend at the London embassy.  Shes a monster she will use any excuse to shout at you.  I have sadly ALWAYS dealt with her whenever I go and after my last experience I vowed I will get my Nigerian passport.

The lady they made cry wanted to take her children to Nigeria and two male staff started shouting at her about needing a letter from the children's father who was in Ghana. They wanted a letter saying that he gave permission.

Jesus you wanted to hear noise.  She was so calm but the screaming by the two staff was a joke.  The other staff member was not even involved he was merely walking past but decided to involve himself  and join in the shouting! 

Everyone was in shock
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Secretz(f): 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2009
Lady T, I have been laughing here at your posts!!!

I know exactly what you mean. I was taking my niece and and cousin to naija, and we all needed visas in our passports, so I did the postal service as I had done for myself before. I paid the postal order for all 3 to avoid paying a fee for each individual one. I didnt receive these passports back after 2 weeks, so I went down there and asked them whats was going on. They said,
'Well, we tried to call you, but you did not pick!'

I said, 'Oh really, so you could not leave a msg or write a letter'.
Their reply' Well we don't leave voicemail on people's phone' . . . . .

Can you imagine this crap? ? ? ? ? To make matters worse, their missed call was a private number!!!!!

The classic: I actually witnessed an employee taking bribe! lipsrsealed In this Uk. shocked
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2009
Secretz I dont doubt your story of bribe. You could write a novel on the hell that is the Nigerian embassy. Theres also a butt toothed bastard who handles the payment. He doesnt face his job he makes jokes walks off randomly while serving people. I mean WTF
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by hunterium: 11:55pm On Jul 01, 2009
Nigerian house is not a nice place to be,but common,its not half as bad as ppl paint it.Naija ppl stop being negetive jere! shocked
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2009
I visited the Nigerian Embassy in London in December 2007 - I planned to visit Nigeria in January, so needed a visa.
My God - I was shocked, never seen anything like it, a hell hole of squalor.

Most of the staff - including the lady behind the counter, looked liked they'd escaped from a zoo, terrible. Their manners, well, don't really know what to say. Half the time, they shout at you, just because they can. Not because they need to.

When I visit Nigeria, I'll get a Nigerian passport from Abuja, don't ever want to see that skanky place again.

As for the "doorman"  lipsrsealed with his battered face, and bloodshot eyes, he looked like a savage gorilla. A perfect candidate for a horror movie.

@ LadyT: You're an absolute scream  cheesy - can't stop laughing. At least, you still retain your sense of humour after visiting the local zoo. That website you posted the link to, scary. And at the bottom "make me your homepage." LMAO!  cheesy

After all the hassle, I ended up not visiting Nigeria, so it was all for nothing!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 02, 2009
hunterium:

Nigerian house is not a nice place to be,but common,its not half as bad as ppl paint it.[/b]Naija ppl stop being negetive jere! shocked

It's attitudes like yours that make that squalid Embassy what it is - how bad do you want it to be, before you acknowledge it's a sh1thole? You sound like someone who's used to accepting crap, and just shrugging it off, as [b]"just one of those things."
That place is a disgrace - period. It needs to be knocked down, and declared Ground Zero! I am used to receiving a degree of respect, and expect the same when I visit that place. It's not being negative, it's the truth - that place is a disgrace.

The fact there are foreigners there too, including white travellers, witnessing all the nonsense the staff dole out to Nigerians, are partly why they too feel they can spit in your face, afterall, "Nigerians sh1t on Nigerians," why not them too, huh?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by TOPE20001(f): 12:13am On Jul 02, 2009
hunterium:

Nigerian house is not a nice place to be,but common,its not half as bad as ppl paint it.Naija ppl stop being negetive jere! shocked

Seriously?
When was the last time u were there? undecided
Just go there to renew ur passport and u'll sit for ages with nasty attitudes from the ppl that works there.
And why do we have to pay by just postal order?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Sauron1: 12:16am On Jul 02, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Seriously?
When was the last time u were there? undecided
Just go there to renew ur passport and u'll sit for ages with nasty attitudes from the ppl that works there.
And why do we have to pay by just postal order?

Personally, i think the Nigerian Ambassador to the UK should be sacked for allowing such mess.

I think i will take a camera there one day and capture all the rubbish happening in that place on tape.
By the time we name and shame these plonkers, maybe they will sit tight and behave responsibly.
The workers there are either too old for the jobs they are doing OR they ain't fit for purpose.
There's no difference between that place and a chaotic Oshodi bus-stop at rush hour. . . . .
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by TOPE20001(f): 12:20am On Jul 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Personally, i think the Nigerian Ambassador to the UK should be sacked for allowing such mess.

I think i will take a camera there one day and capture all the rubbish happening in that place on tape.
By the time we name and shame these plonkers, maybe they will sit tight and behave responsibly.
The workers there are either too old for the jobs they are doing OR they ain't fit for purpose.
There's no difference between that place and a chaotic Oshodi bus-stop at rush hour. . . . .

I agree
You think these people have shame?? These people talk on their mobile instead of attending to u cheesy
These idiots doesnt even open on time . . . . . its just like Nigeria police station cheesy
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 12:21am On Jul 02, 2009
WOW I agree with Sauron for once *slaps herself*

People need to be honest that place is a deep shame.  I was so ashamed that this was our Embassy in London for Gods sake!

I so agree with you.

Siena:

It's attitudes like yours that make that squalid Embassy what it is - how bad do you want it to be, before you acknowledge it's a sh1thole? You sound like someone who's used to accepting crap, and just shrugging it off, as "just one of those things." That place is a disgrace - period. It needs to be knocked down, and declared Ground Zero! I am used to receiving a degree of respect, and expect the same when I visit that place. It's not being negative, it's the truth - that place is a disgrace.

The fact there are foreigners there too, including white travellers, witnessing all the nonsense the staff dole out to Nigerians, are partly why they too feel they can spit in your face, afterall, "Nigerians sh1t on Nigerians," why not them too, huh?

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Sauron1: 12:27am On Jul 02, 2009
LadyT:

WOW I agree with Sauron for once *slaps herself*

Make sure the slap is HARD o. . . .Tears must come out of your eyes. grin grin grin

TOPE2000!:

I agree
You think these people have shame?? These people talk on their mobile instead of attending to u cheesy
These idiots doesnt even open on time . . . . . its just like Nigeria police station cheesy

The place is shambolic. . . . . .I hate going there.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 12:35am On Jul 02, 2009
Waiting times are shocking the last time I waited 3.5 hours, by the time I was being seen I couldnt even argue as crazy old lady shouted at me for buying three separate postal orders for 3 different visa applications instead of just one postage order.

Crazy embassy lady:Next time you just buy one postage order not three!!!

LadyT: But I thought because its 3 different applications and the website said-

Crazy embassy lady cuts in: Did I ask you all of that ? Im not asking you that just listen to me next time you just one!!!

LadyT:Ok sorry undecided
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 02, 2009
^^^ Poor you. sad
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 12:53am On Jul 02, 2009
grin I was so tired I just wanted to leave and the fear that our passports might go missing if I started screaming at her was too much. After witnessing the lady they made cry I held my tongue.

I only saw the funny side later.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by seyibrown(f): 12:54am On Jul 02, 2009
I was there in 2007 and it was chaotic! It was a typical Nigerian organisation with all the usual features: Chaos,'rude, ignorant and uncultured staff', and corruption. It still boils down to the ' I am in charge here and can do whatever I want' attitude of the uneducated staff and the I don't care attitude of the Oga's who sit upstairs in their cosy offices. I was hoping the place would have changed by now! How on earth is that place being run like that?

I have been dreading going to get a visa for my husband since June 2007!

The High Commissioner should cover his face in shame!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by ibixlukman: 12:56am On Jul 02, 2009
hello
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Kasseler(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2009
It's the same behaviour here also in Germany, first in Bonn and now in Berlin.

That is why I decided to change my nationality. I don't have anything to do with this idiots anymore.

Thank God
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by collins2: 9:17am On Jul 02, 2009
why is the story the same about nigeria embassies all over the world,why why,may GOD help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Close Kaduna-Abuja Train - Youths Protest In Kaduna (Photos) / Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) / Pilot Bello Mohamed Baba-Ari Buried After NAF Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.