Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:56 PM

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (38140 Views)

My Experience In Nigeria Embassy / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by justwise(m): 9:49am On Apr 14, 2010
rume:

okay, I want one but my problem is paying in dollars. I don't have a dollar account so can't pay online.
Also, did you take the so called guarantor's form along with you?

You don't need to have dollar account, i paid with my UK bank account and it was converted. Yes u can payonline with ur debt card.

I did not submit any guarantor form.

I was there 3wks ago to submit and got it after one week
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by rume(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2010
justwise:

You don't need to have dollar account, i paid with my UK bank account and it was converted. Yes u can payonline with your debt card.

I did not submit any guarantor form.

I was there 3wks ago to submit and got it after one week
Okay then. Am I right in guessing after you paid, you were given an interview date by post or email.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by tos4jesus: 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2010
I personally think Nigeria embassy should relocate to another place more than anything else, Nigerians Government can afford a better place than that basement we call an embassy. I would advice people not to go there during the summer, as the there is no fresh air due to been in the basement. Then we Nigerians should learn to talk to them politely, they can't be that bad as most people say.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2010
rume:

Okay then. Am I right in guessing after you paid, you were given an interview date by post or email.

Yes you will print out the Payment confirmation slip of the $65 online payment
And. .
Passport acknowledgement slip that will show the date of your appointment
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Chief000: 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2010
l applied online to renew my passport today (17th April) with the High Commission here in Londonand was given an interview date for 5th of July, 2010. l think the waiting time for interview is ridiculously too long. Does any one know whether l could probably reschedule for a nearer time please?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by NVQ2: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2010
You can re-schedule,just go back to the site and put in your ref number, as usual you will see a column for re-scheduling appt,
it will give you a nearer date,its easy.good luck
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Chief000: 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2010
Thanks NVQ2. But l need to be sure that its not going to give a date farther than the one l already have. Please can you confirm that it will not. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by rume(m): 2:55pm On May 29, 2010
I've waited for 2 months,
SILLY website gave me 31st of May which is a UK Bank Holiday
After rescheduling, it gave me 3 August!
All this after starting my application in February.

Words fail me to describe how much I feel like killing someone who works there or made the website.

Nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by babyjowo: 4:53pm On May 31, 2010
Lord have mercy!

I shoulda just gone back to Nigeria to have my passport renewed.

I finished my application for e-passport last night and I was randomly given an appointment for June 10 at the NHC in London.

Unfortunately, I am going to be in the US till the 16th and I decided to just have it done in London since I was already traveling there for summer holiday. I have been trying to re-schedule the damn thing but I keep getting the message "your interview has now been rescheduled. your date is on June 10, 2010". Seriously?? Is that not the same damn day that was assigned to me randomly that I am trying to have re-scheduled.

Up until 2 minutes ago, the man that I have been talking to over the phone had been so helpful. He gave me the impression that after 24 hours I should be able to pick a different date (assigned a different day). However, I called and spoke to this rude, impatient and clueless slowpoke that had not the slightest clue how to help me. Instead of just letting me know he had no idea how to help me, he starts to yell that I should go to the one in NY since I am in America because they have too many people (over 100 a day according to him)

How does someone apply in February and eventually get a day in AUGUST for God's sake
My own luck is unfortunate because I applied May 31 and got June 10 which is good but I unfortunately cannot make.

And here I am trying to get helpful information on the so-called re-scheduling and having this man yell about how I think I am so big because I tell him I cannot buy a $600 ticket to fly to NY WITHOUT an appointment and with a chance that they will take forever to process my application and possibly delay my flight.

This guy eventually hung up the phone after shouting that"if that is how you do it in the US that is not how we do it in the UK" and I am like Never would have imagined all the palaver. I think the next thing is to pay BA to move my flight a week earlier.

I am not about to get a date in August because I need to begin to apply for my student visa.

Lord have mercy!!!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 11:10pm On May 31, 2010
I'm worried now after reading this thread shocked

I will be going to Nigeria in July but will be needing a visa. I thought it will be a straightforward thing. Seems I'll need to pray and fast before heading to the embassy shocked
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by chika98: 7:37am On Jun 01, 2010
Omo Alata:

I will be going to Nigeria in July but will be needing a visa. I thought it will be a straightforward thing. Seems I'll need to pray and fast before heading to the embassy shocked

Good luck with that
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by justwise(m): 8:31am On Jun 01, 2010
Omo Alata:

You don't have much to worry about, i got mine within 2weeks, they are improving, things are not that bad.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 6:29pm On Jun 01, 2010
Thanks guys. I suppose I'll have to risk it.

I need visa for 2 adults and 5 children. Eek!!!! shocked
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by bluespice(f): 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2010
jeez! i'm scared, i have been postponing going to the embassy, unknown to me i've been doing myself a good service, damn!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Orilee9ice(m): 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2010
will be going to Nigeria in July but will be needing a visa.  I thought it will be a straightforward thing.  Seems I'll need to pray and fast before heading to the embassy 

at all and the poster above
I would advise that if you have the old passport that phases out in Dec, Just renew it[i],(and go and get the NEW one in 9ja, its cheaper, easier, and less hassle, all you do is take a pic and sign, and get your passport the very next day,  it CAN ALSO BE delivered at home for U, at a token fee but still not up to the total amount you pay here,NO WAHALA, NO FUSS, CHIKENA, )[/i], EVEN SEF IF U WANT THEM TO COME AND TAKE THE PIX AT HOME, THEY WILL, owo lo maa je, but not at the total price you still pay here with all the wahala attached to it, you get the passport without moving outta ya house!

For renewal or extension as they call it. its only 40 pounds postal order (44pounds in total plus commission, awon ole!) and you get it the same day you submit, you will just wait for about 2 hours max, i got there just after 12 noon and they called me at 1pm to submit and the passport was out 15minutes later, (dont go early in the morning though, go towards the start of Lunchtime when all of the crowd might have gone)

But while i was there i noticed that the queue for the New Passports was faster 4 some reason, oh well its 9ja, anything is possible
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2010
Thanks Orilee9ice but I don't need a passport I need a Nigerian visa in my British passport so I can visit Nigeria grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Orilee9ice(m): 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
Thanks guys.  I suppose I'll have to risk it.
I need visa for 2 adults and 5 children.  Eek!!!!   

eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa @ omo alata, i feel u jare, 5 children, you try oh! grin, saying that the visa quote wasnt that bad either, dont go early in the morning when everybody rushs there, go there around 12ish, when most of them have gone, when i walked in just after 12noon, i was surprised at the small number of pple there, i was expecting a crowd, they even put the air con  on and IT ACTUALLY WORKED! shocked shocked shocked, CUSTOMER SERVICE, HUUUUUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! no comment! wink
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2010
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa @ omo alata, i feel u jare, 5 children, you try oh!

I wanted 6 but hubby now says no more cry
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2010
Although I see your point.

Nigerian visa ONLY will cost us £630 shocked shocked [ £70 each for visa; £20 each processing fee]

When we visit Ghana, it cost us £280 [ £40 visa fee] - no extras lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Orilee9ice(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ omo alata cheesy
you see now, mi o ba t'orogun wai ye oh, , i have renewed all my 3 kids, 9ja passports, when they go home for xmas in Dec, we shall get them new ones in 9ja,(no fuss, no wahala, and as easy as A.B.C, )@ AT MOST 20,000NAIRA each, plus owo foto (at home service) thats how we did the ones that are expiring now 5 years ago, , with the wahala those gunns at the emabssy gave me i have told them that they will not see my legs in their basement of an office anymore. ori yato s'ori oh, wink
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 5:09pm On Jun 03, 2010
Orilee9ice

Would my kids qualify for Nigerian passport? I wasn't born in Nigeria (nor my husband) but my parents are Nigerians so can they qualify on the basis that their grandparents are Nigerians?

I do not hold a Nigerian passport myself undecided
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Orilee9ice(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2010
@ omo alata
wink how can you claim to be omo alata and not be a 9ijirian, not to talk of having a 9jirian passport grin
anywayz if your parents are nigerians then YOU qualify to have a nigerian passport (so you will have dual nationality) which i have (Born in Jand but of Nigerian Parents), once you get your Nigerian Passport then your 5 children, grin also qualify to have Nigerian passports, same will apply to your hubby (in what ever contry his parents are from, ) this means, and i take it from what you said earlier, if he is Ghanaian, your kids will have triple nationality then (Ghana/9JA/British), i envy you oh!!, i used to go down the route you are going now with visas until i woke up one day and got Nigerian passports for all my clan

My dear, you nor be real omo alata o, until u get that green pali , gbaaa ooooooooH! grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
how can you claim to be omo alata and not be a 9ijirian

The Ghanaians call every Nigerian 'Omo alata'. I've never found out if they mean it derogatorily though smiley They ask my husband "how is your Omo alata"? [like we all sell pepper in Nigeria lol]

Born in Jand

Where is Jand? embarassed
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Orilee9ice(m): 1:33pm On Jun 04, 2010
@ omo alata
really, i didnt know that.humm interesting!,  and i did guess right that your hubby must be Ghanaian,  of course you know what "omo alata" means in yoruba, someone really local,  grin
anyway Jand is LONDON-ENGLAND, thats what we used to call it when i was in School/Uni, back in di day! grin my nephews and nieces in 9ja still call it that 2 now,
was my info useful though? cool
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
"omo alata" means in yoruba, someone really local

I speak yoruba as I went to Secondary School and Kadpoly in Nigeria but thought Omo alata is a seller of pepper embarassed So they have been calling me a local woman? shocked shocked grin

Jand is LONDON-ENGLAND

Never knew this lol
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2010
We have single-handedly taken over this thread
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Orilee9ice(m): 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2010
@ omo alata
plez dont kill me with laff-ta jare o, yeeeee paa! cheesy cheesy cheesy they have been abusing you all this while and you did not know, shine ya eye!! wake up girl!! grin grin grin

yes o we have taken over, just noticed! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2010
they have been abusing you all this while and you did not know

I await them
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Orilee9ice(m): 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2010
abegi OMO ALATA, u have just made my day, kiss kiss cool even my couleauges here are laughing 2!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by babyjowo: 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2010
@rume

Did you have to wait for your interview date to pass before being able to re-schedule?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by DisGuy: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2010
babyjowo:

@rume

Did you have to wait for your interview date to pass before being able to re-schedule?

No you don't have to wait, just log back on with the details
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by rume(m): 3:06am On Jun 08, 2010
babyjowo:

@rume

No I didn't have to wait. Actually the silly website rescheduled the date itself without my involvement, I logged on to see they had changed the date few days before that day and when I tried to change it, it kept giving me the same date

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Black Box From Crashed Ethiopian Airline Arrives Paris For Investigation(Pics) / COVID-19: The Story Of Nigerians Under Lockdown In Foreign Countries / White Man Urinates On The Road In Warri (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.