Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,254 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (37641 Views)

My Experience In Nigeria Embassy / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by skfa1: 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2009
Have you ever been there to do one thing or the other? pls share your experience.

My Experience

I got there around 10am, what a shame people lining up outside and one man taking them in one by one, people squeezing each other to get in (Number pick system should have been used in this situation). I managed to get in and here we go lots of people sitting down and complaining and making noise, the whole atmosphere looks like when u are in Naija. They put this tall Hausa guy at the door to give customer service. Infact you need to see the way he was talking to people in a bad  manner (definitely not a good customer service). He nearly tear off one woman`s document when argument broke out. Another woman with three kids started another fight. Because the guy behind me knew the guy on the counter, he just jumped the Que and submitted his document so i have to complain.  management is just really poor, people saying that Hausa guy at the door hasn't even got WAEC,NVQ not even to talk of ND, but because he is tall and can fight very well thats why they put him there, u need to see his face, he has scar face.

Sometime ago i was complaining about two Nigerian  bank workers having a big argument in front of their customer, this is just not right. We need to step up in how we do things and how we manage things (management)

Finally sha i was able to do what i went for in Naija Embassy in London but trust me management is quite different from other office in UK that is been conducted by the white people.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2009
skfa1:

Have you ever been there to do one thing or the other? pls share your experience.

My Experience

I got there around 10am, what a shame people lining up outside and one man taking them in one by one, people squeezing each other to get in (Number pick system should have been used in this situation). I managed to get in and here we go lots of people sitting down and complaining and making noise, the whole atmosphere looks like when u are in Naija. They put this tall Hausa guy at the door to give customer service. Infact you need to see they way he was talking to people in a bad manner (definitely not a good customer service). He nearly tear off one woman document when argument broke out. Another woman with three kids started another fight. Because the guy behind me knew the guy on the counter, he just jumped the Que and submitted his document so i have to complain.  management is just really poor, people saying that Hausa guy at the door hasn't even got WAEC not even to talk of ND, but because he is tall and can fight very well thats why they put him there, u need to see his face, he has scar face.

Sometimes ago i was complaining about two Nigerian  bank workers having a big argument in front of their customer, this is just not right. We need to step up in how we do things and how we manage things (management)

Finally sha i was able to do what i went for in Naija Embassy in London but trust me management is quite different from other office in UK conducted by the white people.

I wonder why nigerians like making things difficult for themselves? I beg to differ, i was there last week for the e-passport and will be there before this week runs out for collection.

My Experience there was ok but not fantastic (its not as bad as u guys seem to draw the picture up) trust me, if u have all the necessary documents u did have a it smooth all the way except the waiting time though (like 3 hours which is fair enough grin grin ).
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by skfa1: 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2009
@ Tonisafe

I wish you were there today and u will know what i mean.

Ok as a proper standard office that belongs to a whole country, why will they have to let people in from the fire exit that is got a stirecase? forgetting that some women have got buggy. The main door was shut which allows easy access.

Why will some people be waiting several hours with kids and later on turning into fight for wasting their time? and this happens just because the application submitted was turned upside down so the first person will be the last and the last person will be the first.

Ok tell me what about the guy that jumped the que I was on, just because he knew the guy on the counter. I bet the same guy will go to the bus station and jump the que,   grin

Toni abeg eat well o b4 u go or else that hausa guy will knock u down grin grin grin dont 4get that u are in Oshodi London grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 01, 2009
Yeah. . . I think they need to work on that as well. Imagine i had to come all the way from NE around scotland to London for an e-passport with my kids. I took bread, biscuit, drinks, toys and their favourite big balls along to keep them busy whilst we waited for like 3 hours till we finished. I had trouble with the buggy as well, I had to beg a guy to help me with it down the stairs. Infact when we were called upstairs for photo shoots, i had to leave the buggy downstairs because i couldnt manage it upstairs. Theres a Lift in the Building which i guess hasnt been working for some centuries! embarassed embarassed

About the guy jumping the quene angry angry, people are attended to, based on the numbers on the tally number so i m just surprised that happened and u guys looked on grin grin. hahhahahha He no fit jump quene for bus na, (NA DIE BE DAT) grin

The hausa guy is a nice guy compared to the short man with a grey hair who flings documents at you and shouts! angry
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by conto1: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2009
the place is a zoo! nuff said
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by hayo(m): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2009
You guys both had better experiences. The Nigerian High Commission in Joburg SA is something else.
First, u go with all the documents and proof of payment. They give you a slip with an appointment date. That date is to take the picture and capture your biometric data. Then, you get another date for collection.
My take is this - can't they take your picture the same day you bring your document? Lailai, we love to stress each other even beyond the shores of our country. Imagine people coming from far places like Capetown etc plus the same High Commission takes care of Lesotho, Swaziland, etc. Imagine having to fly or drive long distances 3 times just to collect a passport.
Naija, we dey try o.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by MrCrackles(m): 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2009
Good job i dont have any business there! grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Lagosboy: 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
Not done business there but thinking of going there and right now i am shit scared of what i will face. sad sad sad
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2009
Avoid it if you can I went recently and it was hell!!! The staff are ALL animals rude slow arrogant.  They screamed so much at one lady she started crying.

And why is it so fucking small?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by dejiariyo: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
i went there recently to get head
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by tboy1(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2009
First Interview date they gave me was a bank holiday
The 2nd time i went there, i got there at 9.30am and didnt leave until 8 / 9pm
The 3rd time was ok, they called out the names to come collect the epassport upstairs - collected it and left - was there for bout 2hrs
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by mahabone(m): 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
Yeah!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Bouqui77: 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2009
Yeah i hav a similar experience too. The FG shud do something urgent about wat goes on in foreign embassies.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2009
//
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by nameoh: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2009
skfa1
I think you are taking your anger so far. I was there 2 weeks ago and  2 days ago to pick up my passport. It is not as bad as you are saying what ,u should understand is that the population of Nigerians in London is so high and also for the fact that there is a change of international passport worsen the  chase.Every one that wants to renew his/her visa decides to have a new passport instead.Although there is great room for improvement like the toilet areas and the airconditioning system .Have you also checked the Indian embassy in London ,they have same problem because of the population problem.
Also remember that our niggar character never leaves us even when we get to the bus stops right here in Britain we want to jump the queue not to talk of  a collection of Nigerians coming together.
That one man OSHODI OKE  grin  grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2009
Thank heavens ive never had to call on them for whatever reason.

3 years ago i lost my passport without knowing that it was missing but a good samaritan sent it my uni.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by demowo: 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2009
i went there sometime in May, and quite frankly the services wasn't bad, i went to renew my passport which had expired for a while.  

Lots of people told me of how bad the place was, when i went there i spent an hr the same time i spent at Swedish embassy last year.

i dont know if the process for renewing passport is shorter, but it is not as bad as people make it. And to re confirm, my Step-mum and my sister went last week and they did all the right things they spent less than an hour.

i would agree their phone service is not the best. thou
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by parki: 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
mehn the nigerian embassy in london is just crazily frustrating with still that basic nigerian mentality.
no customer service whatsoever. firstly you are being treated like u aint got/know ur right as a citizen and which is not wht i get from visiting other embassies
they talk to you rudely after u must have stood for hrs just waiting for ur turn.
Anyways i ve got this romanian friends who wants to come to nigeria, she was turned down for some stupid reason that no one understood even the persin over the counter who asked that she provides a blue card which is to show she has the right to reside in the uk. so absurd cos this person was a student and had already stayed here for 9mnths so the question we asked was here is the letter from the uni showing i am enrolled in a course and presently running my MSC prog so why do i need a blue card and the stupid woman kept looking at us and after that said next pleaseeeeeeeee mehn i almost laffed my ass off cos she was so embrassed but had nothing to say anyways we went back with someone from BBC and a representative from the romanian embassy to teach them how it is done cut the story short her application was accepted.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by kokorunna(m): 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
The Nigerian Embassy should be shut down, the last time I went there I was absolutely FURIOUS and DISAPPOINTED.

Below are some pointers I noticed.

1. The staff are very limited and they don't care about anybody. The people you know the better.
2. Everyone does whatever they want down there if you don't jump the queue and be smart, nobody will ever attend to you
3. I paid online to get my passport renewed and I expected that when I got there my passport will be ready. NO, I had to go and print out all the forms I submitted online despite having a receipt to confirm it.
4. The staff lack manners, very rude and the embassy itself is very dirty.
5. The online website is a JOKE
6. We are complain that the services in Nigeria are worst, I believe that the UK Embassy is even worsen that any other Embassy.
7. No leadership there, no management and nobody gives a tuss.
8. The place should be closed down, demolished and turn in an hostel for HOMELESS PEOPLE.
9. The people that run that place are IDIOTS, sorry to say but that's the honest truth.
grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2009
I cannot believe the people who are saying it was not that bad actually went to the NIGERIAN EMBASSY IN LONDON!!!!!!!!!

That place is a hell hole!

Theres one old lady there behind the counter Lawd have mercy she is MAD!!!!!!!!

She screams at people randomly "what are you doing at the counter?  Who called you GO AND SIT DOWN!"  "MOVE AWAY FROM THE WINDOW"

If you are stuck at the back when she calls your number and take too long to get to the window Jesus you will see hell that day. Example

Crazy embassy lady:  "Number 67, number 67 ok number 68 number 68"
Number 67 is running to the front
Crazy embassy lady "where were you when we were calling your number?  Eh?  Where were you?  Did you not hear your number? You have missed your turn!"
Number 67 starts shouting like a madman

I hate that place
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by kokorunna(m): 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2009
The people working in the embassy hardly do anything. The guy taking the pictures when getting a new passport sits on his fat ass and spends wasted minutes trying to get the picture right.

How many minutes does it take to do a finger print and take a passport photograph, it does not take 30 mins.

As I said earlier, the embassy is run by idiots and its not a place to go. Next time I rather get my passport renewed in Nigeria.

Its the worst place have been to this year, the staff are a bunch of jokers. cool
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by touchmeder: 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
LadyT:

I cannt believe the people who are saing ti was not that bad went to the NIGERIAN EMBASSY IN LONDON!!!!!!!!!

She screams at people randomly "what are you doing at the counter? Who called you GO AND SIT DOWN!" "MOVE AWAY FROM THE WINDOW"

If you are stuck at the back when she calls your number and take too long to get to the window Jesus you will see hell that day. Example

Crazy embassy lady: "Number 67, number 67 ok number 68 number 68"
Crazy embassy lady "where were you when we were calling your number? Eh? Where were you? Did you not hear your number? You have missed your turn!"

I hate that place

i laughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh when i read this post i nor fit laugh again. i have never been there but ive heard nothing but negative talk about it and this thread has confirmed it further. hopefully it gets better if i ever have to go there.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by JJYOU: 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2009
LadyT:

I cannt believe the people who are saing ti was not that bad went to the NIGERIAN EMBASSY IN LONDON!!!!!!!!!

She screams at people randomly "what are you doing at the counter?  Who called you GO AND SIT DOWN!"  "MOVE AWAY FROM THE WINDOW"

Crazy embassy lady:  "Number 67, number 67 ok number 68 number 68"
Crazy embassy lady "where were you when we were calling your number?  Eh?  Where were you?  Did you not hear your number? You have missed your turn!"

I hate that place
0% i give them. they are BADD. went there last year and they were stupid to the last man until the mad woman at the counter knew i had access to her boss.
kokorunna:

The Nigerian Embassy should be shut down, the last time I went there I was absolutely FURIOUS and DISAPPOINTED.

Below are some pointers I noticed.

1. The staff are very limited and they don't care about anybody. The people you know the better.
2. Everyone does whatever they want down there if you don't jump the queue and be smart, nobody will ever attend to you
3. I paid online to get my passport renewed and I expected that when I got there my passport will be ready. NO, I had to go and print out all the forms I submitted online despite having a receipt to confirm it.
4. The staff lack manners, very rude and the embassy itself is very dirty.
5. The online website is a JOKE
6. We are complain that the services in Nigeria are worst, I believe that the UK Embassy is even worsen that any other Embassy.
7. No leadership there, no management and nobody gives a tuss.
8. The place should be closed down, demolished and turn in an hostel for HOMELESS PEOPLE.
9. The people that run that place are IDIOTS, sorry to say but that's the honest truth.
grin
i like that
chaircover:

I've been there about 15 times and I used to suffer this problem every time we went there. Staff were rude and unhelpful and there is always someone trying to jump the queue because he/she knows someone there and then a fight breaks out.

For some peculiar reason, the staff there seem to think they are doing you a favour; never mind their charges are high compared to other countries.

To cut a long story short, I had enough of it all and during my last trip to Nigeria, I went to Abuja and had an e-passport issued for the whole family at N10,000 each; No fuss.

Hopefully I won’t have any more business with the High commission in London……well not for another 10 years.

What they don't realise is that the money they have lost as a result of my applying for the N10,000 passport compared to the £70.00 per trip visa is lost forever

But then again; they probably never cared anyway. Crazy lot.  angry

they lost me and the mrs too. went to abuja in may to get hers so no more visa biz for a while.  they are stupidly stupid.  i know 2 people there who keep saying they have too much work load and they are not properly funded.  no excuse.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by gradewilli: 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2009
trust me u dont wanna go there . i have been there 5 times i got the same bad customer services i wonder why nigeria can develop like this if they cant manage small embassy services talkless of the whole country , nigerians peoples in embassy are sucks.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by untainted: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
skfa1:

My Experience

I got there around 10am, what a shame people lining up outside and one man taking them in one by one, people squeezing each other to get in (Number pick system should have been used in this situation). I managed to get in and here we go lots of people sitting down and complaining and making noise, the whole atmosphere looks like when u are in Naija. They put this tall Hausa guy at the door to give customer service. Infact you need to see they way[b] he [/b] was talking to people in a bad  manner (definitely not a good customer service). [b]He [/b] nearly tear off one woman document when argument broke out. Another woman with three kids started another fight. Because the guy behind me knew the guy on the counter, he just jumped the Que and submitted his document so i have to complain.  management is just really poor, people saying that Hausa guy at the door hasn't even got WAEC,NVQ not even to talk of ND, but because he is tall and can fight very well thats why they put him there, u need to see his face, he has scar face.

Sometime ago i was complaining about two Nigerian  bank workers having a big argument in front of their customer, this is just not right. We need to step up in how we do things and how we manage things (management)

Finally sha i was able to do what i went for in Naija Embassy in London but trust me management is quite different from other office in UK that is been conducted by the white people.
u raised very important issues and have received very sensible replies.
but i want to know if it is about the Hausa man or the problems of the embassy
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by LadyT(f): 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2009
What I want to is know do they own the whole building or just the basement?

They also have this STUPID policy that you can pay the visa/passport fees by card but the processing fee must be by postal order.  Do you know HOW many people that confused they get to the counter and they get shouted at to go and but postage order. Which isnt even free you need to pay £2 ontop on postage order and you get charged by the embassy £1 for credit card and 50p for a debit card I mean WTF?

They must be making a killing. I was so ashamed when I saw people of other races getting screamed at at the counter so shameful we cant even run an embassy.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by joshO: 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
It's just a Nigerian thing. We're damned indisciplined. Staff and customers alike!

On a recent trip to Nigeria @ Sweet Sensation, this dude jumps in front of me just as I was about to pay for my grub! Right from the back of the queue! Haba, orga, try and join the queue now?. The cashier was about to start processing his order, and that''s when I insisted he had to fall in line like everyone else. The way the slowpoke looked at me, you'd think say na me kill Michael Jackson!

Eventually, he returns to his rightful position in the queue, cursing quietly and asking -  "who do you think you are" and "because you come with police you think you can HARASS people anyhow!!".  Curse me as you like, but join the bloody queue.

Anyway, what surprised me even more was the loud silence from cashiers and other customers. In fact, another customer prefered to pacify this dude, begging him not to worry and that I was doing "over sabi"  

Then we're quick to moan when things don't work!. Like MJ stated in one of his song, look in the mirror y'all complaining of this and that! Change, if it ever comes to Nigeria, must be the outcome of collective effort from each and everyone of us.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by mayordee(m): 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
Take it or leave it, Nigeria Embassy in Lonon is bad, i saw hell  when i went there to renew my passport in March, customer service is zero, they treat u like a foreigner in your own embassy, common, am dissapointed in that getto called embassy, am so happy now that i don't have any business to do in that place again
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by omar22(m): 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2009
I went there yesterday because I paid on line for my visa,  thats when I was told that the online service is a no no, i said whats the point of having it on the home page of the high commission's website!!! I looked inside the place it looked like a meat market, I turned back and went back to work because I thought I got get things sorted during break, but I thought wrong,

sometime between 2004 - 2005, I think the guy submitted his passport for a visa and came back 2 days later, they told the guy that they couldnt find his passport and theirs nothing they could do about it. The guy turned away, you would think that the case is closed but no, 20 minutes later the Police arrived, they gave the admin workers 30 minutes to produce the guys passport, but after 30 minutes the still didnt produced the passport, so they ordered everyone to step outside that they are going to search the whole building, by this time more policemen arrived! 5 minutes later they produced the guys passport from nowhere!!!!

I was so ashamed, people hurled abuses at them, they had to close early!!!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nezan(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2009
omar22:

I went there yesterday because I paid on line for my visa, thats when I was told that the online service is a no no, i said whats the point of having it on the home page of the high commission's website!!! I looked inside the place it looked like a meat market, I turned back and went back to work because I thought I got get things sorted during break, but I thought wrong,

sometime between 2004 - 2005, I think the guy submitted his passport for a visa and came back 2 days later, they told the guy that they couldnt find his passport and theirs nothing they could do about it. The guy turned away, you would think that the case is closed but no, 20 minutes later the Police arrived, they gave the admin workers 30 minutes to produce the guys passport, but after 30 minutes the still didnt produced the passport, so they ordered everyone to step outside that they are going to search the whole building, by this time more policemen arrived! 5 minutes later they produced the guys passport from nowhere!!!!

I was so ashamed, people hurled abuses at them, they had to close early!!!

Charity normally begins at home. U cant expect less from our embassy grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Sauron1: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
skfa1:

My Experience

I got there around 10am, what a shame people lining up outside and one man taking them in one by one, people squeezing each other to get in (Number pick system should have been used in this situation). I managed to get in and here we go lots of people sitting down and complaining and making noise, the whole atmosphere looks like when u are in Naija. They put this tall Hausa guy at the door to give customer service. Infact you need to see they way he was talking to people in a bad  manner (definitely not a good customer service). He nearly tear off one woman document when argument broke out. Another woman with three kids started another fight. Because the guy behind me knew the guy on the counter, he just jumped the Que and submitted his document so i have to complain.  management is just really poor, people saying that Hausa guy at the door hasn't even got WAEC,NVQ not even to talk of ND, but because he is tall and can fight very well thats why they put him there, u need to see his face, he has scar face.

Sometime ago i was complaining about two Nigerian  bank workers having a big argument in front of their customer, this is just not right. We need to step up in how we do things and how we manage things (management)

It is the worst organisation in the whole of Europe. . . . .

Blimey. . . . .the people there are animals with no human relation skills at all.
I hate going there. . . . .the Nigerians working there are not different to the touts in Yaba/Oshodi.
They shout, scream, lazy, can't be bovvered about you and not even willing to help.
I wouldn't mind white staff there. . . . . .at least white people show more RESPECT.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by omar22(m): 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2009
Charity normally begins at home. U cant expect less from our embassy

The shocking part was that the way the passport appeared from nowhere

Was it not 2 years ago when one of the top diplomat threw a punch at a member of the public after a demonstration about the guy who died on a Spanish airline,  

It was a disgrace of the highest order, the luck that man had was the guy didnt press charges!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Close Kaduna-Abuja Train - Youths Protest In Kaduna (Photos) / Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) / Pilot Bello Mohamed Baba-Ari Buried After NAF Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.