Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,643 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students (8425 Views)

Rioting Students In Kano Destroy School Properties (Photos) / ASUU: We Have Had A Enough Of Toying With The Future Of Students -aruna Kadiri / Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 9:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
labodinho:

then why will they give them another course in the current session and refuse to open portal for reg. does that make any sense if they won't reopen it?

No it doesn't, I have friends that experienced something similar, this have to do with nysc list and its likes. The list wasn't released on time and when it did, the portal was closed, they walked and begged and bribed from CITS to the Senate, nothing was done.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
opeaceo:

No it doesn't, I have friends that experienced something similar, this have to do with nysc list and its likes. The list wasn't released on time and when it did, the portal was closed, they walked and begged and bribed from CITS to the Senate, nothing was done.

Such can't happen at this moment of chaos and crisis....that is like adding petrol to fire.So rule it out,portal will be reopened.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
labodinho:

Such can't happen at this moment of chaos and crisis....that is like adding petrol to fire.So rule it out,portal will be reopened.

I wish I could bet with you, save this for a reference, time shall definitely tell.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
opeaceo:

I wish I could bet with you, save this for a reference, time shall definitely tell.

Babe,are u seriously not believing this? the fact that it happened once to a friend or friends of yours doesn't mean that's how it must happen to everyone.....you don't know maybe that time you were talking was due to technical issues and CITS just have to form something for them just to have there way out of being blamed........well,we'll meet again to defend our points.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by demi55: 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
opeaceo:
I am saying that whoever told you that you need a gp of 2.0 to crossover told you a lie or probably, you're the one telling lies.
pls wat uni are u in and course ur studying?.if u dont know something pls ask properly
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
demi55:
pls wat uni are u in and course ur studying?.if u dont know something pls ask properly

I should ask properly?? What info did I give that was wrong??
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
demi55:
wat happened
It is a case of students doing over 3yrs at home waiting on the verdict of the court of law. But in the end they were asked to switch dpt. You can also Google tho. Your case may not be as pathetic cos even 300l students were withdrawn too.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by alphabbey1(m): 2:03am On Feb 06, 2016
opeaceo:

I should ask properly?? What info did I give that was wrong??
abeg, Leave that guy. He's just whyning Himself. Which course in college of medicine will u see a pass mark of CGPA2.0, Talkless of MBBS.... I think The guy dey sleep-walk while typing....... It may happen b4, but at present, NUC ave increased d CGPA for every university offering Health Science courses.....
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by alphabbey1(m): 2:26am On Feb 06, 2016
U guys don Enter One chance. Na wa o, so if I had chosen dat skul, dey would ave advised me also to go into Aquaculture or Forestry.... I dey feel u guys pain o. Making it to any medical course no be easy Job, nw u're there nd dey wanna use style to deny ur admission........ Anyways, Good for u, sheybi na u dey shout "Unilag 1st nd d best"... Nw, dey don show u aw best dey are.............
GOD BLESS UI......

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by esb98: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2016
alphabbey1:
U guys don Enter One chance. Na wa o, so if I had chosen dat skul, dey would ave advised me also to go into Aquaculture or Forestry.... I dey feel u guys pain o. Making it to any medical course no be easy Job, nw u're there nd dey wanna use style to deny ur admission........ Anyways, Good for u, sheybi na u dey shout "Unilag 1st nd d best"... Nw, dey don show u aw best dey are.............
GOD BLESS UI......
I SMELL BEEF O
Unilag agreed on a cgpa of 2.0 for paramedical courses and an aggregate of 50 each in physical, chemical and biological courses for medical courses
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by demi55: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2016
davbravo:

They can no longer create space at idiaraba except if d course is nt completely filled.......there's a particular number of students that can be inducted into their various councils( depending on d course), like I said for medicine its 150 n for other medical n paramedical courses its i think 50...... if the number of students taken into d college is more than that, then there'll be issues.....for example, my dept MLS, two sets have graduated but non as been inducted into the MLSCN because they're more than 50 for each set.....our HOD said they're still negotiating with d council, but they can't make d same mistake again.....so I think this may also b another reason y alot of students didn't crossover
I thought mls was cancelled for diplona how come list for mls came out cause my friend In mls during the programme changed to nursing cause of it
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 11:09am On Feb 06, 2016
demi55:
I thought mls was cancelled for diplona how come list for mls came out cause my friend In mls during the programme changed to nursing cause of it
MLSCN and NUC had issues n NUC ordered jamb to remove MLS frm d list of courses on jamb website, but it was resolved around may n we were told to change back to MLS..... what's d name of that ur friend
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by demi55: 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
davbravo:
MLSCN and NUC had issues n NUC ordered jamb to remove MLS frm d list of courses on jamb website, but it was resolved around may n we were told to change back to MLS..... what's d name of that ur friend
samuel
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by obi4eze(m): 5:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
femozy:
I crave the indulgence of this media outlet to look into this matter going on currently at the University of Lagos. Students who were admitted into medical courses in 2014 were given a criteria to meet in their 100l  exams which is either a g.p of  2.0 or an average of 50/50/50 in their biological, physical and chemical aspects of their course to be able to cross to the college of medicine Idi-Araba.
      That is what we students were told on entry into the university during the orientation. And now upon seeing the list, the criteria was changed  not informing we students about it, picking just a few students, And not taking in those who passed the previous criteria given. On a normal circumstance those who can't make it are to take a change of course form into other available courses in the university but that closed only few days before the list of students that passed  the new criteria given was released. With the School fees portal closed, change of course closed, course registration closed. We re now being told to go and take another Jamb or differ our admissions to 2017. After spending a year in the school. Is that fair? On behalf of we affected students in the college of medicine Idi-Araba,  I ask that your media house sees into this matter and see that our rights as students are not taking for granted.
Go to Brekete Family and table your complaint. Ahmed Isah is the Ordinary President. Looks like you have a case. If the school told you that the pass mark is 50 like you said and they changed it without informing you guys, then you may have a case.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
demi55:
samuel
ok
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
obi4eze:

Go to Brekete Family and table your complaint. Ahmed Isah is the Ordinary President. Looks like you have a case. If the school told you that the pass mark is 50 like you said and they changed it without informing you guys, then you may have a case.
they were informed( although it came late b4 d beginning of their 2nd semester exam), but dey weren't told d new cutoff( which was based on d num of students required to crossover) not until d crossover list came out
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by JOOHEL: 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
I got 5 points in the last Jupeb. Can I still be admitted in any school that accepts jupeb/direct entry this year?.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by charpie: 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
JOOHEL:
I got 5 points in the last Jupeb. Can I still be admitted in any school that accepts jupeb/direct entry this year?.

Plss can u still use ur jupeb result after two years...I did mine 2013/2014...plss can I still use it for D.E
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by JOOHEL: 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
charpie:

Plss can u still use ur jupeb result after two years...I did mine 2013/2014...plss can I still use it for D.E
Yes u can I'm very sure of that!.

Can I still be
admitted in any school that accepts jupeb/direct
entry this year?
With 5 points
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by charpie: 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
JOOHEL:

Yes u can I'm very sure of that!.

Can I still be
admitted in any school that accepts jupeb/direct
entry this year?
With 5 points

I'm not too sure bro,cos some schools parade 7 points as minimum score dat must be attained before consideration...but don't give up hope on dat sha...
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by femozy: 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
opeaceo:

A gp of 2.0 for MBBS?? For other courses, it isnt even acceptable, a gp of 2.5 is the requirement. You guys need to slap whoever told you that, the gp required for crossover this year is kinda low, it is usually 4.5.
Abi is this one sleeping ni....... Are you a student of the school? Mama please!!!!! Just shut it.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by femozy: 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
davbravo:
they were informed( although it came late b4 d beginning of their 2nd semester exam), but dey weren't told d new cutoff( which was based on d num of students required to crossover) not until d crossover list came out
Bros Two to three weeks before exam...... Not made official by the sub_Dean....... No cutoff was given. List even came out late after change of course form had closed, course reg has closed, school fees portal had closed. Naw we are being told to go and differ admission. Can't you see they are playing a script...... It was planned. Naw we are being told no space at the departments we have been given and we should resume next year. What should I stay home doing for a year.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
femozy:

Bros Two to three weeks before exam...... Not made official by the sub_Dean....... No cutoff was given. List even came out late after change of course form had closed, course reg has closed, school fees portal had closed. Naw we are being told to go and differ admission. Can't you see they are playing a script...... It was planned. Naw we are being told no space at the departments we have been given and we should resume next year. What should I stay home doing for a year.
what!!!!!!!. Do u mean after they transferred u guys to another dept, they told u no space and u should defer ur admission to next year......This is extremely bad and unfair
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by femozy: 7:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
alphabbey1:
abeg, Leave that guy. He's just whyning Himself. Which course in college of medicine will u see a pass mark of CGPA2.0, Talkless of MBBS.... I think The guy dey sleep-walk while typing....... It may happen b4, but at present, NUC ave increased d CGPA for every university offering Health Science courses.....
I understand that in other institutions, maximum g.p can be 7.0, in UNILAG it's 5.0 and for MBBS you require a 50/50/50 average in your biological, physical and chemical departments that use 2.0 g.p are physiotherapy, radiography and pharmacology. And I don't think you attend Unilag if not you'll know this, so please calm down and think before writing shit
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
femozy:

Abi is this one sleeping ni....... Are you a student of the school? Mama please!!!!! Just shut it.

Lawd have Mercy, can't you do without insults??

You lack common sense.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
femozy:

I understand that in other institutions, maximum g.p can be 7.0, in UNILAG it's 5.0 and for MBBS you require a 50/50/50 average in your biological, physical and chemical departments that use 2.0 g.p are physiotherapy, radiography and pharmacology. And I don't think you attend Unilag if not you'll know this, so please calm down and think before writing shit

What are you typing?? Make I break am down, for unilag, they make use of a 5.0 gp system, to "cross over" to any department whatsoever, you need a minimum of 2.5, the department or the school as it were has a right to increase its entry requirment gp.

For medicine, it was formerly 4.5 and then it was reduced to 4.0, I doubt if it would go below that. For other courses like biochem, physiotherapy..., the requirement is 3.0 upward.

I hope you understand, please pass your points without insults, else this thread would be successfully derailed and closed.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
femozy:

oooh, I see why you're pained, I'm the wrong person to pour your frustrations on, if you have the money, go take a new diploma form and the price would be slashed.

no be me do you.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by femozy: 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
opeaceo:

Lawd have Mercy, can't you do without insults??

You lack common sense.
See kettle calling pot black......... Did you put thought into your writing before blabbing and calling students of the university a liar........ You are not in the institutions system, yet you call the person who said it's 2.0 a liar? Please don't just write up stuff you don't know. Get your acts right.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 9:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
femozy:

See kettle calling pot black......... Did you put thought into your writing before blabbing and calling students of the university a liar........ You are not in the institutions system, yet you call the person who said it's 2.0 a liar? Please don't just write up stuff you don't know. Get your acts right.

I am not in the system and I type so authoritatively?? Go look for someone to spit at!
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by delana(m): 11:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
feel so sorry honestly for the affected ones, I am a student of cmul and I can recollect clearly DAT my immediate seniors had similar issue in their 100l , initially it was 40\40\40 for phy\bio\chem , but it was changed to 50 after their exams without informing them, just as it is now, just want to encourage u to go as far as u can pursue it , God help u.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by femozy: 7:44am On Feb 10, 2016
opeaceo:

What are you typing?? Make I break am down, for unilag, they make use of a 5.0 gp system, to "cross over" to any department whatsoever, you need a minimum of 2.5, the department or the school as it were has a right to increase its entry requirment gp.

For medicine, it was formerly 4.5 and then it was reduced to 4.0, I doubt if it would go below that. For other courses like biochem, physiotherapy..., the requirement is 3.0 upward.

I hope you understand, please pass your points without insults, else this thread would be successfully derailed and closed.

OK I get you....... You would do well to go and ask a unilag student from 2014/15 upwards. I don't know the new criteria they might have given to this 2015/16 set. All I know is that the criteria given to for we 2014/15 set is the above mentioned 2.0 & 50/50/50
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by femozy: 7:47am On Feb 10, 2016
opeaceo:

I am not in the system and I type so authoritatively?? Go look for someone to spit at!
OH I see that you really are undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93? / Mathematics Versus Law / Why Beating On The Buttocks And Back Is Sexually Stimulating And Must Be Avoided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.