Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:00 PM

Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? (780 Views)

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? / My Love, I Am Sorry. Pls Forgive Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by walakolobo: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
Most of us just dont like the opposite sex sniffing around the butts of our man/woman, its called jealousy - is this a requirement in love and loving or is it outright insecurity?
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by whitelexi(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2009
I think a little jealousy is necessary if the person means anything to u at all, but an excess of it can be said to be insecurity and that is destructive.
Years back when i was very conscious of these things it made me look insecure, but now i dont let those things work me up. . .  If she starts getting cosy with guys, i invite the craziest girls over and ask them to feel at home grin

If your bf/gf never bats an eyelid when other girls are flocking over u, u really should get worried. . . If she confronts u with mild criticism - it is good, but where she starts ranting, just put her in her place and shut her up!
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by luxoire(f): 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
i agree with whitelexi -

small Jealousy that is controlled and contained is good, healthy even. But when it gets out of hand, then there's a problem.

Its like everything really - good in small doses! smiley
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by tosyne007(m): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2009
i agree with u all

u protect and guard wat u value/cherish jealously!!!

if ur partner/spouse aint a bit jealous over u, then it's advisable one take a walk from the relationship.

LOVE moves side by side with a lil' bit of JEALOUSY
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by JJYOU: 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
luxoire:

i agree with whitelexi -

small Jealousy that is controlled and contained is good, healthy even. But when it gets out of hand, then there's a problem.

Its like everything really - good in small doses! smiley
healthy jealousy is ok but how do you define that?
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by mylove4him(f): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2009
A bit of jealousy is ok but when it turns to possessive plz run away, I once had a guy who almost choke me with different questions ranging from who is flashing u with an unknown number to who is smiling at u on the road. I mean silly things that should be ignored. So my dear run away from a man/woman that is obsessed.U will live the rest of ur life explaining why a colleage should call u after work or why u should smile with that neighbour.
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by ammamat(f): 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2009
I really love this thread, have been having this challenge of been jealouse over nothing, and sometimes its makes me really angry and like want to kill and out of jealousy have done so many stupid things,
Please how do i limite it
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by biola44: 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
@all: what abt partners who d jealousy is killing quietly inside em?
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by Romeo4real(m): 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2009
First things first. Insecurity is not a disease or affliction that people should be ashamed of.
It is part and parcel of being a normal human being. Second - Jealousy, is a normal human emotion based on negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated, unexpected or imaginary future loss of something that the person values.

Simply put, you can not help but feel jealous over something you value. It is not the same as "Envy" which is coveting what you do not have, and/or preventing another from acquiring it.

It is the inability to handle, control and manage these two emotions that cause the problems in relationships.
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
Moderation please.
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by luxoire(f): 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2009
JJYOU:

healthy jealousy is ok but how do you define that?

when it is not a big issue that causes recurring arguments all the time - when you are able to let it go and see it for what it is, a bit of jealousy - when you can talk about it and leave it at that without it being like some big conspiarcy against you!

then it is healthy
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by walakolobo: 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2009
What about all these women/men emailing and chatting each other up on Facebook, Hi5, Tagged, myspace, etc etc. Are these healthy in a relationship?
Re: Is Jealousy Part And Parcel Of Love, I Mean A Requirement Or Is It Insecurity? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2009
biola44:

@all: what abt partners who d jealousy is killing quietly inside em?

Die in silence.

@ Poster: Jealouys isn't part and parcel of Love, it's breed from insecurity and distrust.

(1) (Reply)

Break Up Advice -is It Over? Get Your Ex-back Today / Who's Sharper Or Foolish? / Nairalanders Stoped The Sucide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.